Men's Health Community
burning penis, antibiotics don't help.

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

burning penis, antibiotics don't help.

first, let me give you a little background information. i was recently diagnosed with swimmer's ear, an ear infection that was treated with a steroid hydrocorisone, which can also work as an immunosuppressant. foolishly i had unprotected sex during this time and immediately afterwards my penis started burning. i know for a fact this girl is clean, even though she was just coming off of being sick (viral).

with no health insurance, i went to the ER to get some answers, took a urine sample, and they diagnosed me with non-specific urethritis. the doctor prescribed 2 weeks of doxycycline, and while i was on the doxy my symptoms seem to have faded slightly. i finished my doxy prescription and the burning continued, so i went back to the ER. they told me they were going to continue treating it like an STD even though i tested negative for GC and Chlamydia. they did 3 urethra swabs, a urine test, stuck me with rocephin, and told me the results would be back in 3 days.

since then i have noticed that the burning occurs MAINLY when i'm sitting down, which led me to believe that this was a bladder or prostate issue. i have since called the urologist and am going to call the health dept back in a couple days for test results, which i expect to come back negative for STDs.

as far as i know the doxy and fluids would've wiped out a UTI. and though i'm leaning towards bladder infection, it could be prostaitis or prostate cancer. any insight would be helpful, thank you.
I know you say she was clean but you really dont know her history. With unprotected sex there are risks for the below. Did they test you for these as would be good to rule them out just as a precaution  to have a fresh start.

Herpes
syphilis
HPV------no commercial test available for men
also, some other symptoms. swelling at the base of my penis, very dense fecal matter that goes down the toilet without flushing, and when i cross my legs it feels like there's an air bubble stuck in the tip of my urethra
Hi and welcome. Uti can be a little tricky getting rid of. Some times it takes a few doctors visits to have them clear up. First time fluids many times does not knock it out.
Prostate cancer symptoms you would have an enlarged prostate and difficulty urinating. If your over 45 you should have a psa test for your prostate.

For the bowel problem eat more ruffage.
Swelling at the base of the penis is a little hard to diagnose as because if you have prostititus (prostate infection) it could stimulate blood flow like an erection and engorge the penis head. Something like that as all this are inter connected.
i appreciate the comment. my symptoms keep changing. one day it burns, one day there's nothing, and then the next i feel like there's something stuck in my urethra, and it stings slightly.
i'm still waiting on test result and a visit to the urologist, but i'm trying not to panic.

Herpes
syphilis
i say that because i can speak with some certainty that she was a virgin when we first started having sex, and has not had sex (not even oral) with anyone else before or after. i would feel pretty terrible if i contracted some kind of bacterial infection and gave it to her. she works as a nurse and has since had her HPV vaccine.

they have not tested me for these, but i will suggest a blood test the next time i go in there if the results continue to come back negative. again, thank you for your comments.
i guess the question i have is, can a simple viral infection turn into herpes or something else if left untreated? it's been a few weeks now and this is really the first time it's stung. if that isn't the case, then it's possible i could have had this for quite sometime.
killingtonskier is ... Comment
addict3 commented on READY
Apr 29
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle