diverticulitis fistula.....please help
about 3 weeks ago my boyfriend had severe pains in his stomach. i took him to the er and they transfered him to loma linda hospital. they said he has diverticulitis fistula between his colon and bladder. they put him on intravenous antibiotics for 1 week. they never did a ct scan or anything. after the wekk was up, they referred him to another hospital to get a primary care physician while he went home and took another week of antibiotics. i made an appointment and it isnt until january 16th. well the last of his antibiotics were finished a week ago and he has been eating soft foods, oatmeal, jello, ect.. but the pain hasnt gone away and isnt getting any better. does anyone know what i can do to help him? if i take him back to er, they are going to tell him the same thing...get a primary care physician, and his appointment isnt until january 16th. nobody else will do anything because he doesnt have insurance. i have read online about his problem and it keeps saying surgery is needed. but what if something happens between now and the 16th of january? does anyone have any suggestions? he is in major pain and i dont know what to do.
Symptoms of diverticulitis are-mild to severe pain, abdominal tenderness, fever, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, vomiting,frequent urination,difficulty in urination and bleeding from your rectum.

Since your boyfriend is having severe pain so hospitalization is required.I/v fluids,antibiotics and sometimes surgery(bowel resection with or without colostomy) are the treatment of choice.Till that time he can take over-the-counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol).
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
1 hr ago
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle