Men's Health Community
do hernia's heal on their own?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

do hernia's heal on their own?

Yes, I believe I have an inguinal hernial as well, If so will it heal?
I felt a painful pop when I sneezed a year ago and ever since, Its been sensitive, but never has my intestine poped out or anything like that. the area is in the front to my left by my belt-line.
Do I need an operation? How much does one cost?
I've got a similar protrusion, I expect keeping a tight belt caused it.
Hernia's don't heal on their own.  They can be surgically repaired, but it is a major surgery and carries all the dangers of any other major surgery.  Talk to your doctor, or get a referral to a surgeon and discuss it with that doctor about how to get along without surgery.
Hi, A Hernia does not heal by it self.However the surgey they do for them now is not as bad as it use to be.You can recovery in about 4 to 6 weeks.You can however help a hernia by not
picking up heavy objects or straining to hard.I also do and
have known of a couple of people who did over time strenthen area around the hernia and was able to put off having the surgey.
If you start having a lot of pain with it I would go ahead and have the surgey.Good luck.
From what Ive hear, just dont go anywhere more than 8hrs away from a hospital. That way if it ruptures, you wont bleed out.
Hi, Sorry about the spelling on surgery,I am half asleep lol!
Comforting words from the previous poster.
Does having a hernia effect a man's chances of having children?