Men's Health Community
enlarged prostate
About This Community:

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

enlarged prostate

Is there any way that an enlarged prostate can cause problens with a bowel movement?
Related Discussions
-8 Comments
Blank
An enlarged prostate can cause many problems, as it grows it closes things in it's way, how do you know you have an enlarged prostate?, that's something you shouldn't "guess" at. A Bud of mine just had to have a cathater inserted because enlarged prostate closed off his urethra tube and he was in great pain, only Dr. can tell for sure.
Blank
Yes, an enlarged prostate can cause BM difficulties, such as pain when the colon presses on it.  But like Diogee said, you need to go to a doctor.  Get what's called a PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) test.  If you're older, you want to rule out possible prostate cancer.  Also, many bowel problems can mimic those symptoms, and those can be a lot less mild than an enlarged prostate.  Trust me, I've been there.

So a doc visit is definitely in order.

Morg
Blank
ca
Blank
184933 tn?1209357440
Definitely, see a doctor! And sometimes a second opinion may be necessary. I've been misdiagnosed more than once ..... My doctor had lab tests to see if I have prostate cancer. Tests came back negative! I'm looking into taking herbal remedies for my enlarged prostate. I really need to find something very soon .... I'm getting up to use the bathroom at least every hour, sometimes more often. I have to go to bed now before 7:00 p.m., because I get up so many times, I lose too much sleep, and never get a good nights sleep .... I can't even sleep past 4:00 a.m. because of so many disuptions every night!

-- vja4Him
+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Continue discussion Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle
Start Tracking Now
Top Men's Health Answerers
139792 tn?1447663565
Blank
Indore, India