Men's Health Community
faint vibrating/buzzing/spasm in penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 201-233 comments:
Did u get any answers?, bcuz i felt the same, if u got,please tell me . it will be helpful
Had for a few years.. comes and goes.

I think i figured it out. The vein in your balls is slightly twisted. when it gets out of  "alignment" if you will , then the flow of blood is causing that pulse vibrations. If you take a hot bath you will prob see the vein in the lower scrotum angled.

The way I knock it back in place IS after a hot bath either get on a thread mill and run with just shorts that dont support the balls (free hanging) and see if that will get it back in place.

only other way i found is actually have rough sex where the smacking will again knock the ball out of the veins way..
Hi guys,

I experienced this 'fluttering' feeling in the scrotum just last week all of a sudden. Basically it feels like vein/muscle of the penis vibrates/spasms every few seconds - it doesn't hurt but kind of feels like bubbles/liquid passing through - it's very annoying though and I found it hard to concentrate on everyday things. Usually it was more noticable when I was sitting or lying down. I felt this feeling just under my scrotum (in the perineum).

I thought I could sleep it off and it'd get better the next day, but it didn't - same fluttering sensation the next day aswell. By the end of the second day, the tip of my penis burned when urinating, so that wasn't a good sign either. During this time I was pretty anxious and it made it difficult to sleep at night, so the very next day I went to the doctor and told him about my symptoms:

- burning feeling when urinating
- fluttering sensation in the scrotum area (perineum to be exact)
- general discomfort/anxiety

He suspected that I might have inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis) and put me on antibiotics - namely Bactrim DS. After taking two tablets every day for the past five days, I can now say that those feelings I had are over. I also did a urine test which came up negative.

So guys, if you're having these symptoms, please see a doctor, it could be prostatitis, or perhaps even an STD, don't try and wait it out because it could develop into something more nasty later on. Best to get rid of it while it's still in the early stages!

As for me, Bactrim worked great, it took about 24 hours to 'feel better' again and the fluttering feeling gradually went away after about 2 days. But make sure you keep taking the antibiotics until they're all gone so you get rid of all the bacteria.

I hope you guys can learn from my experiences because I don't want anyone else feeling the same way I did and having sleepless nights worrying over what it could be. Good luck fellow males!

Jay

Remember when people used to foolishly say that Taurine ( One of the main ingredients of Red Bull and perhaps how it got its name. I also think they were one of the first widely available publicized drinks that contained Taurine. Also Taurine is probably etymologically related to Taurus, the zodiacal sign of the heavenly bull. ) was produced from the balls ( Some claimed semen. ) of a bull. I bet this would make a bull red... Sorry for pestering you with wordplay and childish humor, I just saw the relation between the urban legend and the issue of our balls tingling, buzzing and vibrating. I haven't cured mine yet and I don't believe that this is the cause of my symptom. Hope every one of your junk is in a zen like state and as tranquil as a undisturbed pond on a windless summer morning. Cos' I can sympathize with the paranoid ideation of the tip of my **** having been replaced by a Mexican jumping bean during an abduction by illegal aliens. You can take that last sentence either way you'd like but keep in mind the resemblance that a UFO has with a sombrero. Conspiracy solved! Better contact David Icke! I actually put tape on my phallus hopeing that it would keep the sensation at bay. Also, thinking it was perhaps stress or sexual frustration, I began trying to persuade it to let me give it guided meditations or that he learn Reiki but he refused, he's kind of a **** about the whole situation. Maybe the vibrating is someone calling you trying to give you a tip. Okay I'll stop, this is getting sad. Good bye and good luck.
I previously posted thinking I had nerve problem but now realize I was completely wrong.  If you are having an ongoing severe problem and your doctor cannot find anything wrong, I would suggest reading the following book: Dr. John Sarno: Healing Back Pain.  I know you might not have back pain per se or even at all but once you read the book you will realize the connection.  I cannot do justice to the book in this response so I would just say it is well worth the read as it could cure your problem.  Again, would check with physician first but if they cannot figure it out, this book might be your answer
.

hi

i want to share here a helpful link wit respect to this post.

longer penis size
Here is my story.

I have had problems with so called prostatis for 15 years. I had a cystoscopy and it completely ruined my life. I kept it in check by avoiding all spicy foods, including black pepper or anything hot. Quit drinking 15 years ago, dont smoke,dont drink any soft drinks or energy drinks whatsoever. I am 43.  and I eat healthy.

My symptoms when they flare up include tingling in the urertha, and since early 2011, after having sex with my girlfriend, I started getting the buzzing in the penis and scrotum area. It went away, and recently returned around October after a new girlfriend squeezed my penis too hard. Buzz Lasted 5 weeks, took 10 days cipro and it made me sick, but the penile buzz and prostate symptom ceased.  Was constant 24/7 buzzing, along with a urethra flare up which is constant tingling, and a sensation that "feels like a stream of fluid flowing through the urethra (without the sensation of exiting the glans (glands) (glands)"...which someone else described this same thing so well, so I am using the quoted sentence and description. It went away around November only to return 3 weeks ago with a vengeance. It is constant buzzing for 3 weeks now, and the flareup as well. I am scared to take antibiotics again, but might try bactrim or Keflex.

now wht  about your  viberation .i have same type of viberation ,so can you sugest me some thing relevent so that my viberation might stop.
DO KEGELS AND MAKE SURE TO DO REVERSE KEGELS ASWELL. WORK OUT AND EAT RIGHT.
I have just found your post and I am experiencing the same thing with exactly the same time intervals and duration.
Did you finally find out what is the cause of that? Are you still having it? Or if it just went away, how long did it take and did you take any medication or do something to deal with it?

Please I will very appreciate very much you woull be able to answer me.
Thank you!
Bruce
I have been reviewing the comments for I too had this vibration issue. It started a couple months not continuously but randomly.

Based on the comments that it may be for me a nerve in lower back issue causing the problem. I have had issues with my L5-S1 area on the spinal column - So I tried the hot tub remedy. I had one of the jacuzzi jets pointed at the S vertebrae ( the tail bone area) to massage the area for a period of time.

Since I have done that, ZERO vibrations. Did the hot tub treatment last night again as a safe measure. Going on Day 3 of  no vibrations.  It worked well for me, but may not for all. Please see a Doctor for a proper diagnosis. I will post only if conditions change for me. Just thought I would pass that on.
Thanks for your reply ISR259.

I'm in total agreement with ISR259 on this one, it could be caused by lower back problems.

I've posted on here previously before, but basically I had the same symptoms which further developed into a dull pain in the right testicle. Doctor thought that I had prostatitis or some sort of bacterial infection so prescribed Bactrim for me.

After having a few days of rest in bed and taking bactrim, the problem did go away, but the dull achy sensation on the testicle was still there and progressively got worse the following week.

Now having done a few urine tests and finding nothing, the doctor referred me to a urologist, who checked everything out (mind you there was no swelling or anything I saw on my testicles, they looked perfectly normal). So after the urologist checked me out he told me that the testicle pain is referred pain from my lower back.

And the reason for my lower back pain was excessive amounts of sitting down at the computer with a bad posture.

Guys, I can't stress this enough, you guys might have the same problem as I did - please don't sit down for too long!! take regular breaks and stretch. If you think about it - us humans weren't designed to be sitting around all day, we were made to be standing/walking/hunting and always on the move. So our body isn't made to sit down for long periods of time.

So, back to my problem - ever since I've started exercising and stretching my lower back, I've found that the pain is slowly getting less and less, and I'm confident that I'll get better with time.

I hope this helps you guys, the problem is not always at the groin area! It could be referred pain from the back!

Take care,
Jay
I came across this forum after this started happening to me. What I noticed was that a week prior to this, I started doing squats - about 30 in the morning and 30 in the afternoon. I started to feel a strange vibration in my penis after about 2-3 days. I stopped doing squats, and after a day or so after that, the vibrations went away. Not sure what squats had to do with it, but that's what worked for me. Hope this helps someone.
I have read many of the posts and have come to this conclusion, and post it here for abbreviated reading for your fellow buzzers/flutterers/spasmers:

ISSUE: The buzzing sensation (or fluter or vibration or like a spasm, just longer) in my perenium area  (the area between genitals and anus) is most probably due to pressure on nerves /muscles form over-use or not stretching or just sitting or cycling too much, (see post by dw998, above). Yes, could be nerves in lower spine too... but for now I am exploring the simplest explanations...

TREATMENT summary: no surgery ridiculousness such  injections required. just look up "piriformis stretch" and do some stretching (there is a good youtube video by a doctor who shows you how to do correctly and incorrectly in a chair), get a therapeutic/deep tissue massage.

CAUSES...Mine is probably caused/exacerbated by 1) sitting long periods and having poor core strength and posture 2) starting u cycling to work again 3 weeks ago and doing not a single stretch despite 30 km of hills each day.

as mine is just 2 weeks old, and limited to just the perineum, and not complicated by the myriad of other things you guys have come up with, I think it will be ok, but will update after i have tried the stretching and I get a message in 48 hrs time, and I'll get her to focus on piriformis etc and see where that takes me.
I've had similar symptoms to you guys: penis twitching, numbness in left buttock and left leg, numbness in testicles. It's been going on for about 7 weeks now and the doctors haven't got a clue about what it is. The biggest problem is that I've had nights when I couldn't sleep at all because of the twitch. Physiotherapy helps a little bit but the symptoms are still there. Physiotherapist thinks that my piriformis muscle is too tight which can irritate sciatic and pudendal nerves so I've been stretching it but I'm just worried that I could make it even worse. It would be interesting to hear back from dw988, it's been over a year since his original comment so it would be interesting to hear how he is doing now. He says it's not a nerve problem...then what is it? Back problem? I'm scheduled to see a neurologist in a couple of days time after having done MRI of the pelvis and lower back so we'll see. Will keep you posted.
I had that problem and thought it was alcohol related so I stopped drinking last December and it disappeared... 10min ago it happened again so I googled the problem and yours was the first post that came up.
I'm in Thailand Thai boxing at an MMA camp and I don't drink energy drinks usually but today I bought M150 which is the big brother of red bull and downed two of them to get me through the days training..
The symptoms which appeared before December were more then likely from the red bull in the Jegger bombs I was drinking at the time... ( i was on a 6 month bender after leaving the marines)
I think your right with your treatment and think you should flag it up with the health care professionals as best you can as its a real unnerving problem.
thanks,
sean.
This may be weird to say but when I was a teenager I would be masturbating my boyfriend and I would feelbwhat I could only describe to him as an electrical current running through his penis. It made my hand feel very weird and sometimes Id have to stop. Ive never felt that sensation with anyone else either... Something made me think about it twenty years later and here I am on this forum trying to figure it out. I will say my old boyfriend has somw back disc degeneration and he did have a testicle removed because it was precancerous.
I had this an cured myself by doing a few things. Just came back and I decided to google it because honestly I forgot how. First thing... when it started I had an aggressive girl pulling my penis too hard. Sounds funny but put an end to it. Also after urination refrain from shaking your junk. Use a paper instead. Bend down from knees to remove excess urine.  Stop drinking alcohol and un natural drinks also. Drink lots of water and use baby soap for shower and free and clear detergent for clothes and sheets. Hope your starting to get the idea... a few weeks you will see a difference.  Let me know if I helped. Tomalba7 on youtube. Just because I do comedy don't think its a joke. Ps this is only after serious problems were ruled out and dr doesn't know what's going on....
Ps. You gotta relax also.  Stress causes a lot of things that imitate other problems. Its pretty amazing...
The focus has only been on the penis. I found this forum searching muscle spasm buzz. In my case it IS NOT in my penis it in my chest. I have persistent arrythmia and A-Fib. THat what I though it was, but it is a strong buzz/vibration in my left upper breast, Just as perplexing. I have also had abdominal buzz, similarly thinking it was my cell pone I didn't have with me!!
I have also had what I call a fluttering feeling in my testical every10 seconds for over 6 months.  Not painful but distracting and heightens one anxiety about what is going on down there. I am 59.  I have cured myself of this condition when treating another symptom, diarrhea.  At first I was convinced I overly masturbated and ruined my loins.  When I started getting diarrhea once a month, then once a week and over time for a period of a week I started to realize a relation between the fluttering feeling and my diarrhea.  If I took Immodium AD anti diarrhea pill the fluttering would stop.  If I had not evacuated my bowels for a time the fluttering would start up again.   I took a 3 part plan to help alleviate myself from the diarrhea and wound up solving the fluttering at the same time.  I had become convinced I may have irritable bowel syndrom (syndrome) and made a visit to the doctor.  That was part 1.  Everything checked out fine but.  Over the past year and a half I started eating considerably more fruit then I ever ate before.  I stopped eating fruit and the IBS symptom and diarrhea went away.  I bought a memory foam cushion for my work chair and that may have helped my fluttering also.  Bottom line there appeared to be a correlation between my fluttering and my diarrhea and once I stopped the diarrhea my fluttering came to an end.  I must say that the fluttering was with me at times when I had no diarrhea so perhaps it was the cushion that had the most effect.  I am not sure which did it.  If you take an Immodium AD and the fluttering goes away the problem may be more muscle related and not a major malfunction of your loins.  I believe the fruit was the root cause of my bowel issues and the fluttering for me was somehow related to my bowels.  A possibility I would have discounted otherwise before my experience.
Disclaimer: I'm not a medical practitioner, but after doing for research and talking to healthcare/ wellness providers, following is information and/or conclusions I have came to.

First thing is that the cases of vibrations in groin and penis are rarely discussed and consulted among men and Physicians. In most cases even the physicians are not aware of (or forgotten about it), a buddy practising General medicine for last 10 yrs or so, wrote it off as stress.

The main cause of these vibrations is nerve impingement / compression.
Possible reasons -1.  Obesity  2. Sedentary work life with no exercise
3. Ergonomics of work place or working long hours in awkward positions.e.g working long hours on computers/ desk job, driving jobs, so on.  
4. Change in sex life (typically less frequency of coitus). Masturbation does not count.

What you need to do? Talk to your GP, see if you need a urologist.
Then you need a short term plan to address the issue on hand and long term plan to ensure you don't relapse.

For short term and immediate effect, find a good RMT, Registered Massaged Therapist. Yes, a real one and not the $20 rub & tug types. Find a RMT who is well versed with Deep tissue and has been in his profession for good few years. Explain to your RMT the problem. He needs to work on ur lower back, buns, groins, thighs. Be prepared to be fully naked and absolutely vulnerable. My RMT worked skeletal system and muscular system of my lower body to crack every bone and stretch every muscle. Guys, trust me it was not easy. I just lied there with a small towel covering my family jewels and he was cracked few bones in my body.  Few cracks and I could feel the change.

He made me do few stretching exercises . And the vibrations were gone

Long term plan.
- EXCERCISE.. yes, keep the body active, stretch your muscles.
- Join Yoga - the regular type - Not the Hot yoga and bikram or anything extreme. You need to focus on flexibility, and circulation.
- Diet, weight control
- Stretching exercises that can be done at your work/ office.
- Maintain a good health sex life, yes the pelvic movement provided the necessary excercise to lower back.

Few excercises that help.

1.  Lie on your back, bend your knees with soles of feet firmly planted on the ground. Hands on the sides and rock the knees from side to side. start with slow pace and increase the speed. The idea is stretch your lower back and glutes.

2. When you wake up in the morning, stand straight with legs apart. Slowly raise your hands and stretch as if you are trying to reach the ceiling. This stretches your arms, and body. Bring your hands on you sides, raise them to should length and spin your upper body to right side and then to left. This spin should happen at your waist level and not at your knees. Chances are that you might hear a crack of back.

Now, if you have habit of lying in the bed when you are surfing net or watching TV or reading and if you lie on your chest, resting all your body weight on your elbows, then get a pillow under your groin, this will lessen the stress on you lower back.

To sum it up. watch your weight, exercise and stretching, and maintain good healthy (sex) life.

Long term plan.
- Diet, weight control

Few excercises that help.

This is defiantly from the nerves in your spine. I have a spinal injury that effected my spine between the s2 and s4  and have this same problem. I highly recommend an MRI to see if you may be getting arthritis  or sciatica or even scoliosis. I have bulges in 2 disks and a tear in another. See your doctor and get their advice to remedy this problem. This could lead to even more painful and possibly permanent problems if not taken care of!
I just wanted to add my experience regarding this condition since I am in the middle of it, as we speak.  The one variation I can add is that my problem has increased since I had a prostate exam three weeks ago that require the physician to press firmly on the prostate six times prior to my urinating.  It's for a test they send off to Michigan University to detect the presence of certain genes.  Since that time, the vibration sensation has been very active.  Again, not sure what can reduce it, at this point, but am taking some of the ideas here and using them going forward.
weird thanks giving i was standing i felt a vibrating in the head of my penis and after i took a shower and it went a way as i dried off i felt it in my lower calf above the back of my ankle and tonite its back in my penis so i thought i would look it up vibrating in the head of my penis like  a cell phone vibating.but i also indulge in anal penatration could that have anything to do with it
Hi, I really appreciate your posts on this issue. The "vibrating penis" just started happening to me last night. In light of what you have learned, my question is this : do you think this could possibly be caused by severe constipation possibly putting pressure on a nerve? I have been on Suboxone 8/2 @ 16mg a day for about 6 years. I battle constipation regularly.
Last night my wife and I were having sex, I was on my back (forgive the details but I thought them important) and I kept feeling a stabbing pain in my right abdomen, about two inches above where the testicle ascends to during ejaculation. I have also had a hernia repair on that side much earlier this year (around springtime 2013) and had only mild problems of inflamation (inflammation) and hard clotting around the epididymis and ductus deferens wich went away slowly over a couple  of months - my hernia was VERY large and I had been livimg with it for about 30 years (since about 3 or 4 years old).
Thanks!
Im so glad i found this forum, i was kinda losing it yesterday when this stated happening.

Im 23, years old, first noticed it yesterday after i masturbated, i also saw at least 2 other people mention that is when they first noticed it as well. I took the time to read most of this thread, i have tried the hot bath today. Hoping that will help over the course of this week. I am not on any medication, i dont do drugs, i drink on weekends but i cant see any correlation there.

I also saw some posts about magnesium cream of sorts, also just taking the actual supplement in doses which lessens muscle spasms etc.

I havent made any Doc Appts yet, if it worsens i will, but its pain free, its most of a an annoyance factor than anything. Mostly when im sitting down or laying down, sometimes while standing up but barely. Anyway, if anyone has any other information it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
I have read lots of the replies and frankly I am going to ignore most of them, I have also had Chronic Prostatitis on and off for over 25 years but never had a vibration in the penis from it.

I have been masturbating my penis for over 57 years and notice that if I do it to much I get the vibrations in my penis, it comes and goes but only when I have been masturbating a lot.

I would suggest that when you get the penis vibration give masturbation a miss for a few days, maybe masturbate less and enjoy it more with less stimulation.

I have this problem--is there a YouTube video where you could demo this stretch?  I'm not sure I am grasping the stretching technique.

Thanks!
A related discussion, twitch was started.
Viewing 201-233 comments: