faint vibrating/buzzing/spasm in penis
For the last week or so now I have had a very slight, high-frequency vibrating sensation in my penis (it feels like it is in my urethra, from about the base of the glans to the base of the penis).  It feels like varying degrees of the following sensations:

- a cellphone vibrating in my pocket
- a stream of fluid flowing through the urethra (without the sensation of exiting the glans)

It is not usually constant, but is rhythmic, that is, will come and go in intervals...  much like a pulse or breathing, but it does not coincide with either.  The rhythm varies, sometimes 1 second on and 1 second off; sometimes a few seconds of vibrations and a few second of stillness, and sometimes the vibrations are more constant, with slight variances in intensity (though always low intensity).  It is neither painful nor pleasurable but is annoying.  It is not associated with any other symptoms whatsoever: no discharges or skin, urine, or semen discolorations; no changes in consistency of urine, semen, or stool; no direct decrease in sexual function, although I am concerned that my worrying about it will decrease my ability to perform.  The sensation is so slight that it is not noticeable when I am occupied with other activities, but it consumes me when I am still.

STDs are unlikely, as both my wife and I have never had any sexual partners other than each other.  I have experinced no trauma to my penis, groin, or other structures that I am aware of.  I am 30 years old, with no history of medical issues at all...  no UTI, STD, PNE, nothing.

Does anyone know what this could be?
wow!!  that helps.  I'm 26 and I have been feeling this vibration for about a week now.  I was a little worried about weather or not it was my prostate causing this (since I heard that men have to worry about such a thing) but at least I see I am not the only one.  I actually started thinking it was just my penus growing or something (since my girlfreind has been complaining about that from time to time).  To be honest I thought that typing vibrating penus in a google search would give me nothing but porn responses, I'm glad I actually recieved the answer that I was looking for.  I guess I better go to a doctor!
oh yeah, by the way I never compared mine to a cell phone.  for me it was more like maybe the building I was in had some strange vibration.  I also felt it mostly while laying in bed trying to go to sleep, so I figured it was the heating or something having some strange amplified oscilating frequency or something.  And mine has been a pretty consistant vibration, only today have I noticed it on for a while, then off again.
Well, I went to the doctor last month, and my prostate is absolutely normal, maybe the slightest bit boggy.  Still getting the buzzing off and on, but much less noticeable than before.  However, I am getting extreme tightness of the groin/lifting of the testicles now.  Everything feels totally pinched off down there.  The only thing that brings relief is direct heat and antibiotics (for the anti-inflammatory effect).

Anyone else have any success?

Morg  
I just contracted this last night.. I was sitting in a chair with both legs extended on top of the seat of another chair.. It was a bit awkward because seat of the chair I rested my legs upon was a bit higher than the seat of the chair I was sitting on. .After about 15-20 in this position, my left leg fell asleep.. I got up to walk it off.. About an hour later, I felt like my cell phone was going off in my crotch.. As long as I moving around, I didn't feel it but when I went to bed last night, it was real noticeable.. This morning, no problem until I had been sitting at my desk for more than an hour.. Not painful but very distracting and rhythmic.. This is my first time experiencing this.. Something in the way I was sitting last night seemed to trigger it.. First the leg going to sleep and now this.. The sensation is similar to the leg falling asleep.
I had this buzzing and my GP used his stethiscopt to see if he could here it.  It went away but the problems got worse.  I ended up with bacterial and fungal prostatitis and everything went numb.  Things are coming back with anti-fungal therapies, alternative and western medicine and a big diet change.  Check out Wikipedia - Fructose, it is very accurate about diet changes needed.
Chuck
I had the same problem with the pulsating buzzing feeling in the in the shaft of the penis. It is like vibrate of a cell phone in the front of your pants. My natural medicine friends said it was a spasm. He told me to get liquid magnesium supplement. I started by drinking an oz. of the magnesium and  I also actually put it on the penis shaft and within minutes after applying it the pulsation went away.  I used Eniva corp. brand. But there maybe others in a liquid form as well. It really works great...thanks God for the natural health people...Rick
anyone else try the above yet?
Okay- just read the WHOLE thread.  I don't drink caffiene, don't drink, don't do drugs, I'm not stressed at work (I absolutely love my job).

The two things I have been doing differently since the vibrating started is that I have started running again and I do seem to sit longer at work than I did a month or so ago.  Based on that on other information above, I have to believe it is back- or sitting-related.

Love the forum-  thanks gentlemen.  Feeling more at ease.
Just started having the same symptoms. slight vibrating in the penis. read somewhere else that it could have been from over exerting your self while exercising. bingo, a day before I started to notice the vibrations I had done three sets of incline sit ups and did more per set than I have ever usually done. Hoping that this was the cause. going to try the magnesium if it does not go away...thanks to everboby who posted !!!
I am so relieved.  I am a 35 yr old healthy male from Houston.  Three days ago I felt a buzzing sensation in the shaft and head of my penis and now I feel it again today.  This feeling was so unnatural that I did not know what to think and did not want to tell anyone about it out of fear that they might think I was crazy.  Anyway, I did a search on Google “vibrating sensation penis” and found you guys.  Thank God for this Forum and everyone’s posts!  Seems to me though that a lot of different things within the body can cause this sensation to occur.  I don’t think it is the same thing for everyone, but in my case I am leaning more towards a back / nerve issue like osteodoc 10 suggests.  I ruptured my L5S1 disk four 1/2 months ago.  I am mostly healed from the ruptured disc now and am staring to work out and run again.  I noticed the buzzing three days ago in the evening after an abb workout(incline sit ups included last set with a 70lb weight on my stomach).  Went without the vibrations for a day, but ran three miles today and did another abb workout this afternoon.  Guess what the vibrations are back again this evening.  Think that working out is aggravating my back / and or nerves and this is somehow causing these vibrations to occur after my body has been stressed.  Just wanted to share another experience.
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to chime in. I had this symptom about two years ago for a very short time.  My general practitioner laughed out loud when I told him about my vibrations and had no advise.  I'm 53, have had an asymmetric prostate gland for 10 years and get checked annually. I had a prostate biopsy last year with no bad news.  This morning when I awoke guess what was back? Say hello to my little friend... Buzzy McWilly.  It has been doing the same rhythmic buzzing which most of you have experienced all day today.  Coincidentally, I do have a weak back but it isn't very bad at this time. I have been spending more time than usual on the couch these past two weeks with my legs up.  I've been one week on doxycycline for possible lyme infection after a tic bite too.  thanks for all your info.  Let's just NOT get little blue ribbons to wear on our lapel!
I was amazed to find others with this issue. I thought I was not going to find anything from my internet search.  The age group seems to range from about 25 up. I am 46, about 30 pounds over weight, and a builder. My back does hurt but like I said “I am 46, about 30 pounds over weight, and a builder.”  

As far as the thread above from Chuck09 goes, “my GP used his stethoscope to see if he could here it.” I would have had to have made a buzzing sound just to see the look on Dr. Carlos’s face.

( Doctors visit $50.00. Antibiotic penis cream, $50.00. The look on your Doctors face when your penis hums a tune, Priceless :) A little penis inspired levity is always a good thing… In more ways than one!

Well, it’s good to know no one has died from this and no ones parts have fallen off. I feel better now. I had a prostate exam about a year ago so it’s about time for another. I will print these threads and bring them with me to my Doctor so he doesn’t thinks I’m nuts while he’s, checking my nuts.  

Hello.  I told my wife about my vibrating penis yesterday, and she said "look it up."  So I was like "Oh great, here come the sex toys."  But, suprisingly, I found this post.  I have exactly the same symptoms as many of you.  It feels like a vibrating cell phone, and that's what I thought the first time, until I realized that I don't have a cell phone.  I used to have a cheap tracfone, but that was a while ago.  And it was more faint than even a cell phone too.  It lasts for a couple of seconds, happens about 3-4 times within 1 minute, then stops, and it doesn't happen again for a couple of hours.

This may not be relevant to any of you, and I didn't even think about it until after I had read all of your posts, but do any of you use a laptop much?  I knew I had felt this sensation before, and I finally pinpointed it yesterday.  It had happened a few times while I was using a laptop (directly on top of my penis) at my wife's family's house.  I don't use them a whole lot, but I do remember it happening then.

Oh, and I noticed that I'm posting on the two year anniversary to the Original Poster.  Maybe it's a sign...?
I'm getting it too.  I'm 32 and a student.  I too use a laptop directly on my lap if I am working in bed.  My symptoms started in my leg about 3 months ago, exactly where my cell phone is kept when it is in my pocket.  Then recently, about 3 weeks ago, I started feeling the same sensation in my penis.  No pain, just a little vibration.  Everything seems to be functioning normally, but still, me no likey.  I ride a motorcycle, keep a cell phone in my pocket, have very minor back issues occasionally, sit at a desk alot, drink lots of coffee, am sexually active, and use an electric shaver.  Not worried yet, but soon will be!
I'm 56 and the buzzing started after i took up swimming because I ripped my calf playing tennis.  I went to the nurse practioner and all thay could do is test for an infection. Its been a week and it is a real annoyance.    I too heve an S1-L5 disk problem and have been sitting at work more.  It comes and goes but definately after the work out.  When will it STOP?
Im 38 started buzzing today all day every sixty seconds or so.
Married no std, no back problem.  This is curious, wish we could just wear a pad
I am highly grateful to whoever posted the stuff about One-a-day pills. I saw that a couple of people seemed to have trouble with it and the spasms coincided with me starting to take those pills. I seriously thought the cell phone used to ring whenever these spasms came by. It was a big jolt to me when I read that it almost has no cure. This was the day after I had been to my fave band's concert. A total dampner after an amazing day. I wish it had been different but yes one thing I am sure of is the fact that these one-a-day pills did trigger these spasms and once I stopped taking these pills they went away in a couple of days. I dont know how it works with others who dont take one-a-day pills but if you do take some kind of vitamin pills try stopping them for a while and see. If it works, I will be happy for you but if not keep trying till you zero down on the cause.Thanks a lot to this community post!
Here is an answer. A nerve problem....
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Urology-Male-issues-989/2008/5/Vibrations-Groin.htm
lol? you ask US the question, yet you post links containing all the answers? you can't read them for yourself?
I have the same thing guys well my vibration (muscle spasm) is more below the base of the penis but likely the same it happens now and then but i have not been to the doctor about it but i can say i have had lower back pain and neck pain for the past 5 years which is down to a trapped nerve again i have never been to the doctor about it. So maybe the nerves are the key to the vibration.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.