Men's Health Community
general health

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

general health

I use to sweat a lot about 3 yrs ago I contacted ITP and since I do not sweat I have to take up 120 mg of lasix a day to get rid of the body fluid and I have trouble getting rid of the fluid
1 Comment
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and welcome,
Inadequate sweating is neither a symptom nor a sequaelae of Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).It very difficult for anyone to determine whether he/she is sweating more or less. Any drug should be taken only if indicated.Lasix is usually prescribed for excessive accumulation of fluid and/or swelling of the body caused due to heart failure, liver failure or kidney disease. It is often used in conjunction with other blood pressure pills to treat high blood pressure. Its side effects are dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. I will advise you to seek the opinion of a physician before taking any drug. Do write to us again.
Take care and best luck!
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle