Men's Health Community
getting circumcised

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

getting circumcised

I'm 15---I can't retract my foreskin fully and am thinking of geting circumcised. but my penis head is very sensitive and I'm scared if i do get circumcised my head would be in alout of pain and it wont go away.If the pain does wear down, will it hurt still and how bad. I will the sensitivity go down.
It depends on a lot of things. After one week, everything should be fine and you should be able to go on with most things without a problem. However; the first week will be a little painful and you'll have a lot of sensitivity when the head touches anything. It will all be normal eventually, but while you're waiting, it can be uncomfortable.
I think one of you posts mentioned school, I don't think you'll want to be in class for the first week after the operation.
Don't get circumcised! It is something you are born with and doesn't need to be removed. I had the same problem until I was 15 or 16. What you need to do is keep pulling it back. Little by little everyday. After a while you will get it back. Don't give it up. It may hurt a little bit, but everyday pull it back a little bit until you aren't comfortable anymore. After a month to 2 months you should be able to get it back pretty far. If you can't get it back after 2 months don't lose hope just keep trying. I wish you luck. Don't let anyone persuade you into getting circumcised unless you really want to. I had to face the same problem and never though of circumcision as a solution, and that's what got me to get it all the way back. Just keep trying don't give up. If you get circumcised, they damage most of the nerve endings which give u a sensation during sex. If you are uncircumcised it feels much better, believe me. As for the head being sensitive, that's normal. It's already been 3 years and I can barely touch the head without flinching. But it has gotten better over the past 3 years. Before even blowing air on it made it feel horrible. I actually had sex in the past and it's been fine, hasn't hurt. Over time it will get less and less sensitive until it doesn't hurt anymore, just let it out and slowly touch things like your hand and boxers with it. Also, put some water on it slowly to clean the head, which I'm guessing you haven't cleaned. If you get circumcised, every time you get an erection you will die of pain when the head touches your boxers. Once again good luck and don't give up.
I had the same trouble when i was 9/10... yup that's how early i started  x)

ara123 has the right idea.. just keep pulling it back ;)

If you want to get circumcised then that's you're choice... for your problem right now i wouldn't recommend it.. It'll sort itself out. If you are planning on getting circumcised wait till after you can pull your foreskin back fully.. you might enjoy masterbation (masturbation)/sex more. I got circumcised at age 16 and I honestly have no problem.