Men's Health Community
girlfriend takes STD shots??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

girlfriend takes STD shots??

If you've seen my recent post about wondering if I had herpes or not, I was told that it's normal to have pimples near the hair that i shave, but i just noticed that there are some like at the upper end of my shaft where there is no hair to shave. Could it still be pimples?

Also I found out that my girlfriend went to the doctor's today to get STD shots, and it isn't her first time. But she tells me not to worry, she doesn't have any STDs. Is that true? Can people get shots for STDs if they dont have them? If not, what STD's need shots and how can you get those STDs? I am very worried.

Thank you very much
-alex
Alex,  you need to stop having sexual contact with this girl.    Her story is bizarre,  and you need to get clarity.  
Nostradamus,  if she's taking shots in an effort to try to suppress herpes,  he needs to know about it.  You don't just lie about herpes,  and take shots hoping they'll work.   I don't  think it "protects" him to be lied to about a possible STD infection in a sex partner.
Herpes stays in your system once you've got it. She may have picked it up long ago and she may be trying to protect you. Don't jump to conclusions!
you should also get the hpv vaccination.hpv can cause penile cancer.

http://www.gay.com/news/article.html?2007/01/31/4

http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/cancer/cupp1/
The FDA has recently approved HPV shots to vaccinate women against possible HPV infection. The risks of HPV to the average male are small, however for women, certain strains can lead to cervical cancer. Your partner (if she's telling the truth) is being responsible. You, however, are not, if there is any chance that you don't completely trust her and are not using a condom. Wrap up.
She says it's a HPV vaccine to prevent her from getting it. Does this exist?

I also have a question about free clinics. If I go to a free clinic to get tested for STDs, may I choose to be tested for only certain STDs? Like I'm worried about the small bumps on my shaft, I heard that it was because I shave but there are some at the upper end where there isn't hair. For all the deseases that cause pimples on your shaft, do any of them if you are tested positive require the doctor to notify people? Or are all pimple-related deseases kept confidential?

thank you very much
-alex
Should I use a condom during oral? will it prevent some deseases?
you should use condoms for any sexual activity and also get the hpv shots and you and your girlfriend should get std tests.