gynecomastia and prenatal vitamin usage
I am in stage 4 of CKD. I was given a vitamin called nephrovite by a Nephrologist at a Military Hospital.
Later I went to the VA Doctor and told him I needed to have my scripts refilled and they had no Nephrovite or Nephrolite vitamins to give me. They substituted with a vitamin listed as Kidney vitamins on the bottle.
After taking these meds for quite some time; I read a drug description listing that was packed in the bag with the vitamins. It stated that they were Prenatal vitamins. (The preceeding is information for your use.)
Shortly after taking these prenatal / kidney vitamins so the VA says, I started to get some tenderness around my right breast. the pain around the nipple and hardness around same progressed. About a month later the left breast started to have the same symptoms and both are really tender and painful. My question is ____ Is it possible that these prenatal vitamins could have caused this condition by altering my hormonal balance and start growing painful breasts.
I am overweight and in my 60's and know that gravity will take its toll, but the nodules and pain have me a little concerned.
Note: I asked the VA Doctor about the problem and he mentioned possible gynecomastia but never heard of someone having pain and just left it at that.
You may want to see an endrocrinologist but it seems that vitamins have way to change the hormone balance.  Your medical condition may have something to do with it. Its too bad your doctor doesn't communicate with you on gyno.

I had it when I was younger as an effect of hepatitis A from dirty salad at school.  In my twenties, the gyno developed and I later had surgery to correct same.  If you google Dr. Rick Silverman, his website should be identified.  He is a professor of cosmetic surgery at Univ. of Mass in Boston and is an expert on gyno.  He usually will write back if you ask a question and he may be able to shed some logical light on your problem.  I wish you well.
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
majon999 added the Exercise Tracker
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle