Men's Health Community
how to recover from bad habit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

how to recover from bad habit

I am a 28 years old man and unmarried. I am used to masturbation twice in a
week for two years, sometimes once in a day. But before that I had many
sexual intercourses. Suddenly I started to feel that I am suffering from premature ejaculation.

I will be married this year but maybe within 6 to 8 months. I am very
worried about it because there is no long marriage life without sex.

I have heard about Zoloft and Dapoxetine that they are good in this
condition but never tried yet. There are also some side effects of these
medications.

But I need your help and advice that what medicines I should use or what I
should I do?

Sometimes I face erectile dysfunction. But erection is best in the morning. This time it's not under consideration.
Hi Adult, Well some good news for you, its that you dont need any drugs, there is a simple exercise, for it called edging, just google pegym and on there just look for edging and away you go to a happy sex life.
Good Luck
I'd personally advise against medication unless all else fails completely. All medications have side effects which have to be balanced against any conceivable benefits.
"Premature ejaculation" is a relative concept, in that some women have a difficult time experiencing orgasms. It's hard (no pun intended) to place an exact "time limit" on how long a man should be able to engage in intercourse without ejaculating. But from what you've said here, you've been masturbating but not having partner sex for the past two years. So you feel that the ejaculations you have while masturbating are "too soon"?
It's quite possible that once you get back into partner sex (with your fiancee / wife), the perceived problem will go away. Especially if you use condoms, which will slightly desensitize the penis enough so that ejaculation is delayed. Also, you could try masturbating twice on the same day, say two masturbation sessions an hour apart. You may notice that it takes you longer to ejaculate the second time. If that's the case, it should be the same when you're having sex with your wife. As long as you can "last" long enough for her to have an orgasm on the second and / or third time around, she should be patient enough to tolerate you coming quickly during the first time that day.
Another way to decrease "performance anxiety" is to have at least part of the sex to be for your pleasure only. For example, lie on your back and relax completely while your wife performs fellatio on you, and / or masturbates you to orgasm. If you allow some part of the sex to be just for your pleasure, and part of it to be just for her pleasure, this can help you both relax.
Also, there are other ways of bringing a woman to orgasm besides coitus. You could also masturbate your wife or perform cunnilingus on her until she has an orgasm. Some women like this more than others. If she really likes it you can keep going and give her multiple orgasms with your tongue or fingers. Some women will orgasm this way but still want to follow up with intercourse. If you do so and still ejaculate prematurely, your wife has hopefully already achieved an orgasm (or orgasms) through your fingers or mouth and hopefully she will be satisfied with that.
I hope that helps. Anyway, give some of these things a try, and if it doesn't work out just talk things over with your wife and you can both let each other know what makes you feel good in the bedroom. Try to relax and have fun with sex, give each other pleasure, and don't worry too much about "performance". Sexual compatibility is often something that takes time and communication between each partner. Have fun!

Thanks for your long explanation. I also don't want to use any medicine for this but very worried and that's the biggest problem with me.

When I mastubrate again after orgasm on the same day, I orgasm very ealier and quickly than before (This technique does not work for me)

I have been mastubrating for 2 years. But when I used to intercourse, I had to face premature ejaculation as well.

I am engaged. I would not be able to masturbate my wife because she is muslim and me too. And still I don't have any sexy relationships with my fiance.

Will be waiting for you reply
Well, I guess you could try NOHARD's advice, then, and see what happens.