Men's Health Community
inflammation of corona of glans(glands) penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Lately I have noticed the corona of my glans (glands) penis has become inflamed, with some pain. I am not sexually active with partners, but have been masturbating more frequently during the winter months.  The inflamed area is slightly darker and more purple than the rest of the glans (glands), and about an inch or so wide on the top of the corona.  I am circumcised, and in the flaccid state, the penis retracts enough to where the skin covers the corona. Could this be causing the inflammation?  It doesn't feel like an infection or fungus.  Will I need to stop masturbating or reduce it for awhile for it to heal, or would the likelier cause be the extended time it is retracted into the surrounding skin?  Also, would it help to apply vitamin E?