is it a big operation
I had a colonosope and they found I have diverticula multiple localised with severe narrowing/tortuosity of divertivular segment and circular mussel hypertophy within. Severe tortuous diverticular segment in the stgmoid colon I was told I would probably need surgery is it a big operation
How are you? Diverticulitis that does not respond to medical treatment  as well as presence of bleeding, infection, or recurrent requires surgical intervention. Surgery usually involves drainage of any collections of pus and resection of the segment of the colon containing the diverticula. The goal is to remove all  the colon containing diverticula in order to prevent future episodes of diverticulitis. The type of operation depends on a variety of factors such as your medical history, your condition, how extensive the diverticulosis, symptoms present and over-all health. It is best that you discuss the result of your colonoscopy with your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle