is something wrong
im 12 my penis is still small is somthing wrong
Hey, dude, relax. Nothing's wrong. Puberty in boys can start anywhere between the ages of 9 and 14. (Average is around 11).

We gauge puberty using something called the Tanner Scale. It looks at genital (penis and testicles) development and pubic hair development. It assigns a number from 1-5 for both. For example, from the time you were born until you begin puberty you are stage G-1 (no change in penis or testicles) and P-1 (no pubic hair). Adults are G-5 P-5. Boys going through puberty are somewhere in between.

The first stage of puberty (G-2) usually isn't even noticed, so it's possible you've started but don't know it. In G-2 your testicles (balls) get larger, hang lower (sometimes referred to as "dropping"), and the skin on your scrotum (sac) begins to darken in color. Most guys think the first sign of puberty is when they notice hair growing (P-2), but that usually comes later.

Your penis doesn't start growing until G-3. First it gets longer. Then in G-4 it gets even longer and also thicker. G-5 is when you have an adult penis. Each of these stages takes about a year, so if you started at 11 you won't notice a change in your penis until you're 12 or 13, and if you started at 12 it won't be noticeable until 13-14, start when you're 14 (perfectly normal) and you won't notice it until 15-16.

Pubic hair also starts to appear but it's not always exactly in line with your genital development. In other words, it's entirely possible (and normal) to be G-3 P-2 for a while.

Please don't compare yourself to other guys your age. Every guy is different and comparing only leads to worrying if you're normal. (I hear from some 11 year old boys that they're embarrassed because they're the only one in gym class who has a big penis and pubic hair). I guarantee you that you're body will change when it's ready.

When you say that you'r penis is "still small" it sounds like you mean that it hasn't changed since you were a little kid. That's OK. You could very well be G-2 which means you'll probably see a change in your penis within a year. If you're still G-1 that's OK too.

If you have any other questions (everybody does) you can write again, or if you're more comfortable you can send me a private note. Posting it here helps other guys with the same questions, though.
BeStrong_ World AIDS Day, December 1,... Comment
Dec 01
specialmom commented on MY cuz
Nov 30
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Nov 28
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle