kidney stones
Yesterday I went into the ER, l was having horrible pain on my right side right under my rib. They did a cat scan and xray and told me that I have tw kidney stones one in each kidney. I still have no pain on my right side and am wondering if I ever will or if it will just disappear?  Secondly the pain on my left side got worse over night,  it has moved down a little and wrapped around to my back.  The pain is bearable and then out of nowhere unbearable and worse in my back.  I have never had a kidney stone before and now I have two.  I don't really know what to expect is there a chance they could both dissolve?  Or a chance I will pass both?  How long will they take to pass?  And the er doc told me that when kidney stones are in the kidney they do not causes pain if this is the case then why am I in pain?

Thank you for any help.
Hi there,
Hope you are doing well.
The location and shape of the kidney stone is important in determining whether it will be removed on its own or need surgical  removal. A kidney stone can cause repeated infections so you will need to see your doctor to check your urine for infections and be treated with antibiotics. Small kidney stones usually pass out  with the urine and the persistence of symptoms may need to be evaluated further. There are many types of kidney stones and some types are not easily detected or the stone passed but the pain is from another stone. There is no definite time limit for a stone to come out. You should drink plenty of water at least 2-3 litres per day .In few cases the stone does not come out as a solid piece, but you may find bits of sediment or grains of sand in the urine. A regular follow up with your doctor may be necessary. Hope it helped.
Take care and regards!  
AppleBr commented on photo
Sep 27
AppleBr commented on photo
Sep 27
Piparskeggr commented on photo
Sep 26
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle