Men's Health Community
leg hair loss !!!!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

leg hair loss !!!!!!!!!

Hi Can you help.
A couple of months ago i noticed that i had a few bald patches appearing on my upper and lower legs. I didnt pay too much attention to this at first as i thought that i may have had a piece of clothing that had been catching or rubbing to cause the hair to either fall out or break off. i then started to notice that there seamed to be other areas that were also the same and were slightly larger than the first ones that i had noticed.
I am now at a rather confused and slightly concerned stage as each day passes i am noticing more and more areas that are completely free of hair, my legs are now more or less completely hair free. i have also noticed that the hair is still growing but as soon as it is around a 1mm (or less) above the skin it just seams to break away and again leaves the skin as smooth as a babys bottom.
i would be gratefull if you could shed any light on this subject.
thank you
I have EXACTLY the same symptoms at 62 years of age.  Sudden onset.

I could care less about the looks, but I am worried it might be a symptom of a more serious condition!
A related discussion, Loss of Leg Hair was started.
Hi Pemca, stuart and Todd, as I told todd in his post could be old age, and found some info that may help as well.
A lack of adequate blood flow can cause hair loss on the legs, according to Dr. Mark A. Sanford at the University of Alabama-Birmingham Health System. Hair loss caused by poor circulation usually manifests as a thinning or complete loss of hair below the knees, Sanford says. Other symptoms that may accompany this hair loss are coldness in the feet and thickening of the nails. Conditions such as congestive heart failure, kidney failure and diabetes may cause poor circulation in the legs.
So share this amungst your selfs.
Good Luck