Men's Health Community
low testerone levels in teenagers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

low testerone levels in teenagers

My 16 year old son had blood work done that revealed he had a testerone rate of 200. What causes this and what would the symptoms of this be?
Testerone in boys is generally low.  As he matures and his hormones increase, his testerone will increase as well.  The signs that testerone is increasing is the "normal" puberty signs.  Increased body hair, voice changes, mood swings, attitude problems, increasing morning sleep, and increased spontaneous anger outbursts.  Test him again in about 6 months to a year and see how he is doing.  hope this helps
I was told that his testosterone level as a 16 year old teenager should be high and that as he got older it would begin to decrease.  This is the opposite of what you said. I'm not sure now who is correct here. Have you had any dealings with this sort of thing?
Generally boys have a low testosterone before the age of 13years. The hormone levels gradually increase during puberty until it reaches an "adult" level that he will stay at until around 50yr or so.  This raise in hormomes are dependent on the rate the child goes through puberty. Boys are in puberty until they reach the age of 21years.  Some go through it fast, some slower.  You can wait and check his hormones in 6 months to see how it is progressing.  The visual indication that his levels are going up would be the changes in voice, body hair, muscle buildup, frequencey of sexual arousal, etc. If his hormones are not going up at the 6month check, or if you don't want to wait that long, take him to see an Endocrinologist. This is a doc who specializes in hormones and he/she will be able to answer all of your questions.  hope this helps
well, did your son hit puberty yet?
as star queen mentioned the signs of puberty

if he hasnt hit puberty yet then its normal as far as his testosterone levels are concerned.
i have a friend who only recently (he is 16) started puberty, and which i have hit when i was 11 years of age.
Everyone starts puberty at a different time of their teenage life, meaning there is no set age, thats just how genetics works.

But if in case he did hit puberty then he would have to see an endocrinologist and ask for options that may increase his natural testosterone levels.
testosterone at that level in a 16 year old would be considered a pubertal delay, caused by an endocrine dysfunction. You need to take him to a pediatric endocrinologist with specialization in pubertal delay. Failure for proper treatment can have long lasting health effects.
hello I'm 20, and I think I have testosterone problems, I have all the symtoms (symptoms) and I'm frustrated cuz my sexual life is ruined, is so hard tfor me to have a erection, I need help, what can I do
I'm a 16 male and I have low testosterone. having low testosterone, would that make my penis not grow properly??
A related discussion, Testerone Levels in 17 year old was started.