Men's Health Community
mans health

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

mans health

My son is uncircumsised and now at the age of 28 is having problems with his penis being dry and the dry skin is cracking open he didn't want to tell me but its been a month now and its no better, what can he do to treat this area. I feel bad because I should have had him recircumsised when he was little boy but didn't .....he takes showers about two to three times a day in the summer could this be why its so dry and cracking??? And yes he is sexual active and soon to be a father in april 2014 ........thank you for your time JoJo13694
Hi there is nothing wrong with showering 2 or 3 times a day but his skin maybe dry , ask him to put some moisturizer on his body that may help , or go to the nearest Chemist they will be only to pleased to help you , Take care , x
If the skin is cracking open, he should see a urologist or a dermatologist.  If he is 28 and about to be a dad, why is he talking this over with his mother?  Doesn't he have a wife or girlfriend who would give him sympathy and advice and help him get to the doctor?
It’s not unusual for men to develop dry, cracking skin on their penis; this may actually be related to his frequent showers, as it could be a reaction to something in the soap that he is using. It also may simply be that his penis skin is not getting enough moisturizing; water by itself does not do the show when skin is naturally dry. Suggest that he use a reputable penis nutrient cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man oil) that has a natural emollient (such as shea butter) and vitamin E for moisturizing help.
For your info,he did talk it over with his girlfriend and she's the one that suggested that he talk to me about his ptoblem we r very close and he always has come to me about anything and everything going on in his life you see he is a only child,and I believe there's nothing wrong with him coming to me with his problems....and to Bobdylah1958 & Georgemed222 my Son thanks you both for your advise....