non-visible blood in urine of 49 year old male
Approx. 4 years ago during a routine physical I had a small trace of blood in my urine. I was referred to a urologist who performed the follow tests: kidney/bladder ultrasound, IVP, and an in-office Cystoscope. These tests did not provide any reason for the blood. This year during another routine physical I had according to the physician a much high consentrate of blood in the urine, still not visible other than darker yellow color. Again I went to the same urolgist , whose words of the urine sample results were "A ton more blood" and underwent the following tests: ultrasound and IVP, which both tests did not show any reason for the blood. In August I am scheduled for another in-office Cystoscope. If the Cystoscope does not show any reason for the blood in the urine what could be causing this condition. I did have a digital exam of the prosate during the office visits and was told it was fine. If there is a problem I want it taken care of, if there is not a problem I am tired of tests already.
Hmm, I would guess that the quantity of blood in your urine may not  be as great as you think. It takes a fraction of a teaspoon of blood in the urine to change the colour (usually to a pink/red/tea colour).  Darker yellow doesn't obviously fit that pattern - indeed, just dehydration and/or diet could do that!

Blood in the urine is not uncommon and is often not serious, although running a suite of tests is a sensible precaution...which is exactly what's happening, so don't worry.  It sounds like you are getting appropriate and diligent attention!

All the best,
MrJ
AppleBr commented on photo
AppleBr commented on photo
Piparskeggr commented on photo
Sep 26
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle