non-visible blood in urine of 49 year old male
Approx. 4 years ago during a routine physical I had a small trace of blood in my urine. I was referred to a urologist who performed the follow tests: kidney/bladder ultrasound, IVP, and an in-office Cystoscope. These tests did not provide any reason for the blood. This year during another routine physical I had according to the physician a much high consentrate of blood in the urine, still not visible other than darker yellow color. Again I went to the same urolgist , whose words of the urine sample results were "A ton more blood" and underwent the following tests: ultrasound and IVP, which both tests did not show any reason for the blood. In August I am scheduled for another in-office Cystoscope. If the Cystoscope does not show any reason for the blood in the urine what could be causing this condition. I did have a digital exam of the prosate during the office visits and was told it was fine. If there is a problem I want it taken care of, if there is not a problem I am tired of tests already.
Hmm, I would guess that the quantity of blood in your urine may not  be as great as you think. It takes a fraction of a teaspoon of blood in the urine to change the colour (usually to a pink/red/tea colour).  Darker yellow doesn't obviously fit that pattern - indeed, just dehydration and/or diet could do that!

Blood in the urine is not uncommon and is often not serious, although running a suite of tests is a sensible precaution...which is exactly what's happening, so don't worry.  It sounds like you are getting appropriate and diligent attention!

All the best,
MrJ
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.