Men's Health Community
pain in Left Testicle

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pain in Left Testicle

I am 22 and I got a swollen left testicle 2yrs back and at that time the doctor said its fileria and I will be ok in a few months (which did'nt happen). Now, for a few months, I am having pain most of time in my left testicle along with my abdomen till my left knees.Very days back I was ill and when I vomited, my testicles pained like hell.  My left testicle's size has became significantly smaller and the chord above it is little swollen. I met a urologist and he said its normal and in my ultra-sound it showed no varicocele and a normal study. Plz suggest the causes and what to do.
Avatar n tn
    If it is filariasis, the worms will not go away for years and with out continuing treatment. You need to remove the microfilaria on a periodic basis with medications like ivermectin  to take care of yourselves and to ensure that you do not spread it to others. You could also confirm filariasis  with proper blood test. Also you can check out if you have filarial cysts in the groin or under the hip bone area.
From your description, it appears more like a case of varicocele, I would only advise you to do more tests and find out the cause from a good urology department. What you are experiencing could also be due to a pinched nerve. In any case, testicle losing size is to be better monitored.

Solace    
I did an ultrasound yesterday only and I asked the doc to check again whether there is any varicocele. He gave a report stating not a varicocele. And one thing I forgot to mention earlier that sometimes my left testicle becomes hard and then it pains. I had a taken some tablets(hetrazan) earlier for fileria, arent those worms dead after 2 courses? I have given for blood and urine test,will I get to know whether there is infection or not by that test?
Avatar n tn
      I would take for granted that you do not have varicocele based on the doctor's report. But at the same time, a doctor should be able to diagnose and find out what exactly is causing the symptoms with supporting test results, is n't it? If not varococele, there may be inguinal hernia, inflammation of the epididymis or the spermatic cord or some infection, or some nerves getting pressed etc.

If you have filarial cysts in the groin area, it can also affect blood flow to the testes, even though the most common cause for the left testicle pain is varicocele. For testing of microfilaria, the blood is normally drawn at mid night. As far as I understand, the medicines only kill microfilaria and not the adult worms, they continue to live in the cysts for about seven years producing microfilaria and finally calcify when they die, that is why the filarial control programs are continued for about seven consecutive years. The treatment to remove the worms involve surgery or needle aspiration. By the way, are you living in a filarial endemic area?
If you Google for ' filariasis treatment' you will get a lot of details.

Solace
No, I am not from filarial endemic area. My Blood report will come on monday,lets see whats in there and then I ll meet the doctor once again after getting my report. Special thanks to you for providing me with all those information.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle