Men's Health Community
painful ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

painful ejaculation

I am very concerned about my husband. Right after ejaculation he has sharp pain in his penis.  He has been checked for prostate issues and was told he was fine, we were worried about that because his father had prostate cancer and had to have his removed. We were even told that he should have intercourse daily or more and we tried that to and it was just to much for him. We are both in our 50's and have been married for 16 years. He has never had children and was told that he was sterile. That was before I meet him. I am worried that nothing is being done for him and I don't want to wait and then there be nothing that can be done. Please advise
Frequent ejactulation is often recommended for good prostate health expecially if he is having some problems urination.
The only problem he has had with urination is when he has to go he can't wait. No other issues.
Is he not able to urinate frequently? Is he able to empty his bladder when he does go.
Have your husband go to the urologist and have the doctor scope the urethra for any strictures. Stricture could be the result of scare tissue that is slowly closing the urethra. That is the reason for the painful ejaculation. The seamen is thicker than urine and as the seaman forces past the stricture it is painful. The good news about this is that it is 100% treatable if you find an experienced urologist that has done the surgery. The doctor goes through the opening of the penis with the scope to examine the lining of the urethra when they see the stricture which is usually scare tissue caused by some sort of trauma to that area, the doctor will then cut through the urethra in the area of the stricture using a retractable blade on the scope. This incision if it is deep enough will allow the lining of the urethra to grow over the stricture and no more painful ejaculation. There is no hospital stay involve in this procedure. You are catheterized for 2-3 days then the doctor removes in office and then he is good to go. After 3-6 months follow up with urologist to be scoped to ensure that it healed correct and the surgery does not have to be repeated. If it has to be repeated have it done A.S.A.P. this type of surgery every time it has to be done raises the success rate 80% every time it has to be done. I had this operation done in 1995 after the initial surgery I needed it again because 2 months later because the first Dr. was not as experience in this type of procedure and if he had cut me a bit deeper I would not of needed the second surgery today I am problem free in that area. this problem will not go away over time the stricture will get larger an eventually affect urination and he will be treated for enlarged prostate even though the prostate is not the issue, I have been there and it gets very frustrating. If anyone would like to here my personal experience with this problem I would be more than happy to share with you and I truly hope this is of benefit to you. I can be contacted at ***@****