Men's Health Community
painful sore between scrotum and thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

painful sore between scrotum and thigh

for about 4 months now I have had these sores inbetween my scrotom and my thigh, right inside the "pit" of my leg. there is a sore that has some bruising around it, that appears to be open, but its not bleeding, it oozes out a very foul smelling puss all over my thigh, it also hurts pre bad when I walk or run or when i touch it a certain way, I am not sexually active so Im very worried about what this sore is, i get pimples around my legs and above my penis under the pubic hair all the time, but this is diffrent, any info on this would be helpful before i go to the doctor? thanks
1 Comment
The info before you go to the doctor is basically one word: "GO!".  See a doctor by the end of next week,  or so help me god, I will leap thru the screen and spray Lysol on your privates!
Actually, no, go today, or first thing in the morning tomorrow.  Saying "I have a severe genital infection" will get you seen very quickly.

Good news bad news:

The good news: they won't stick a drill up your penis or anything.  It'll just be a matter of what soothing creams plus antibiotics they'll give you.  To figure that out, at very worst they'll run a q-tip along the surface of your skin and then wait a bit for the lab report.

But bad news: since this has been so hard on your skin already, ask whether there's a potential that there will be scarring, and that you want to minimize that.  Not that doctors normally don't care about that, but they might be so busy picking antibiotics that they might forget to throw in something to treat the scarring, either for now, or for after the antibiotics have run their course.

BTW, whatever pills they give, if the pills say "take with meals", or "not with meals", or "take with a full glass of water, and drink at least five glasses of water a day", OBEY.  Really.  With the stuff they'll give you, those aren't helpful suggestions, they're doctor's orders, and if you disobey, you'll feel miserable and the healing will go slow.  Obey, and all will be well.
I speak from recent (stupid) experience on my part with a semi-heavy antibiotic like they'll probably give you.