Men's Health Community
penis curves slightly down? please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

In a lot of porns I noticed that the guys penis either points completely straight, or like slightly curves upward. I thought it was just a coincidence and thought everyone was different, but when I was fooling around for the first time with my gf the other day, she asked why my penis pointed down and sarcastically asked how am I supposed to have sex later on like that.

Heres a little sketch to help describe my condition:

http://img263.Imageshack.U s/img263/4460/46098573sl1.Jpg

does anyone know if mine is normal? What are my options? How can this hinder my life?

Thank you for all of your help!
Tags: penis, Health
sorry, that link doesnt work. This use this one:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9163/21311375mi9.jpg
i think that is not really a big issue afterall...

just let her be on fours (doggie) then hump her down...

that would touch her G spot more...
But why does everybody else's point up and mine down?
This is a common problem. Many people have such problem. It is penis curvature. I know there is a system that works very well with this. It is SizeGenetics
Not everyone's penis points up or straight out by any stretch of the imagination. Basing any of your ideas about normal (whether it's genital appearance, how you have sex, how much come you should have, whatever) on what you see in porn is going to be one huge mistake. You and your gf sound very young, and she just hasn't seen very many (or even maybe any other) penises. Curvature is normal, whether it's up, sideways, or down. It will not affect your ability to have intercourse. In fact, the other poster is right--intercourse from behind will stimulate her gspot ;-)

However, if this curvature is new and/or painful, it's worthy of getting checked out, because that can be peyronie's disease (development of scar tissue/plaque).
I can't tell you why yours goes down but, I bleave that there is a tendon in the penis that causes regitity and puts the curve on.  Heard this from love line back when it usto be on the raido, hope it helped.
no it doesnt hurt, and its been like this as long as I can remember. How come I've never seen anyone else's point down? Is mine like uncommon?
Not uncommon at all; penises curve in all kinds of ways. You are fine, you are perfectly normal. I just think you probably haven't seen all that many erect penises, probably very few in real life. I cannot emphasize this enough: DO NOT base your ideas of "normal" on anything you see in porn.
dude mine curves sideways. its not a bad thing it might even help you out more wen having sex
So...im 24 years old and my penis curves down...always has probably always will. DONT FRET! If you hit it from behind youll nail the g-spot, you hit it missionary...youll nail the g-spot from the top of the curve. Remember girls are far less visually stimulated then you think...get in there...use that curve and trust me...youll be fine
The curvature by itself is no big deal.  

If it keeps getting worse, it could be Peyronie's Disease:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyronie%27s_disease

If you have always been bent, it's probably your natural state.  If it's a recent change, could be Peyronie's.

Morgannon
I have the same issue with my penis. It curves slightly down. I didn't think it looked very attractive, but I'm 22 and so far I've got no complaints sexually with it. I even had a few compliments before.

I have a plan though, maybe this could work? When/if you masturbate try ever so slightly to bend it in the opposite direction of the curve (in other words, slightly bend it up) and I think perhaps over time it could get it to curve the other way... kinda like excersizing. I also noticed two things.... I "wear" my penis pointed down in my underwear. I think a LOT of men "wear" their penis pointed UP torwards their belly. Do you do wear it down too? I think perhaps that could have been the problem in the long run, our penises got used to the position and over time adjusted accordingly.
No, if what you say about the penis positioning in underwear is right, then I am a glorious exception. Because I also put it down but when erect it points to the sky.

The original poster should not be concerned about this; there is a big variety in penis curvature. Only some extreme or pathological cases would need medical attention, but here it does not seems to be the case.
Ooops, my previous response obviously goes to Darr1n.
When the penis curves downward it's called a "chordee"...  That's because the corpus spongiosum is shorter than the rest of the penis, so it pulls it downward.

It could also be because of the tension of the suspensory ligament.

And you shouldn't set your standard of "normal" by what you see on pornstars.  Many of them have penises that point straight out, true, but others point down, others up.
i am 22 never had sex my penis always pointed downwards, its not like the ones faced upwards, when errect its upwards but still with the downward curve.
when i put on my breef if i put the penis to be on top it goes downwards by it self.
please advise me
I'm sorry you have yet to figure out that porn isn't real! They pick people that fit the general "ideal". The guys are big, the girls are small, they even shave the men's pubes to make the penis look bigger than it really is. Some curve up, some curve down, some curve one direction or another and some more severely. I doubt you've ever looked around the shower in the locker room,  but as a girl I've seen a few. I'd say learn to love it. My boyfriend has a left curve, and he's the only one to ever give me an orgasm. I'm sure you can make yours work for you.