Men's Health Community
penis splits

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

penis splits

I have searched for info but drawn a blank so far:

After sex, I increasingly have small (4-5mm) longitudinal splits all around my foreskin, but quite a way back from the very tip.  When the foreskin is not streched back in any way, they sit about 8-10 mm back from the tip.  Starting on one side and at worst, all aroung the penis at about 4 mm intervals.  Which means about 10 or so split at the worst. They are very 'surface' but make the penis sore and really sore if I pull the foreskin back.  With the excitement of actual penetrative sex, I can foget and then afterwards, it has made them worse and really realy sore.  I have tried Canestan cream and Germolene, which sort of help but not streching the skin at all and no sex seems to solve the problem in about a week.  But, it is becomiong more frequent.

My partner is not particularly 'tight' and I have just had a sexual health screening which showed no problems at all.

What is wrong and what to do about it?

I have always been very sexually active and have never had this problem until it arose once about 5 years ago, then again one about 1 year ago and now regularly.

Regards

.
Tags: penis
1 Comment
Hello, welcome to the site and the community.

The good news about my knowledge and my advice is that it is usually for the basics, which means if it works, you most likely have nothing to worry about and it is not serious.

From what it sound like, you are not circumsized. Because of this, it means (if you did not know) that you have extra work in regards to your penis. It is extremely important that you and your partner/s have to clean before and after sex. Also, peroxide can be you and your penis's best friend. Having this "cuts" can be nothing more than if you and or your partner have not both cleaned before sex, you have a minor infection. What you can try (providing the cuts are not deep) is to wash your penis with the skin pulled back, peroxide it (just pour a little over the penis), push the skin back up, hold it for about 30 seconds, and repeat about 5 times. Then rinse off your penis. For your partner, she CAN get yeast infections if this is the problem you are having, so that is another reason why it is important for her to clean as well. People sometimes in the heat of passion don't have the time or want to get all cleaned up (especially if they take showers every day or twice a day) and so it is easy for this to happen. Also, if you are on a trip, or not able to do this, simply washing it wherever you can will keep it from getting worse.

If this does not work (you should have it cleared up before more sex) within 5 days, then I would recommend going to the doctor again.