MEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
periodic warm sensation in lower left leg
by amani, Sep 18, 2006
For the past 2 days I have a very slight heat sensation in my lower left leg (no other problems). Is this some thing I should be concerned about now, or wait for my drs. appt in a few weeks?
Member Comments (610)
by lkinla, Oct 05, 2006
Did you ever receive a reply to your question?  I'm experiencing the same thing.
by tomasiado, Oct 13, 2006
I've also had the same. Any info?
by psteno, Oct 14, 2006
I would like an answer as well. I've had a feeling of warm fluid being released somewhere in my body for 2 months now.  It happens about 2x a day, lasts a few seconds and it has moved around my body.  Started in the left wrist, went to the left knee, then ankle, and the over to the right knee. Now it's been happening behind my right thigh for about 2 weeks.  Very strange.
by tomasiado, Oct 17, 2006
I've had this since early August. I usually feel it on the surface of my knee but occasionally on my big toe. I talked to a neurosugeon friend who said he'd never heard of such a thing. Still looking for an answer...
by anTiHEro, Nov 04, 2006
This is very strange. I have had this heat sensation in my lower left leg for about two weeks now. It starts at about the knee and goes down to the bottom of the shin. I am totally worried about. It does only last for a few seconds.
by NewOrleansGuy, Nov 07, 2006
I have the exact same symptoms.  It feels like someone is putting a hot water bottle on my calf.  It lasts for about 15 to 30 seconds, but has been happening several times a day.  Please let me know if you have any info.
by Jay91977, Nov 22, 2006
I have the same thing it's on my left leg just below the knee all the way down to the bottom of my shin. first time I noticed it I was driving and I thought the heater was blowing on it then I realized that it was just my leg getting warmer.
by PINK FLAMINGO, Dec 03, 2006
I also have that annoying warm sensation that is in my right leg and it moves from my ankle and up about 4inches and seems to be very frequent.  I too thought it was a little heater under the seat of my car that was warming my leg-but the heat was not on.  Also, the balls of my feet are burning along with this sensation.  I need to know what this is?
by HCKJ, Dec 12, 2006
Weird-this just started happening to my lower leg recently.  Please let us know if anyone finds out the cause.