Men's Health Community
periodic warm sensation in lower left leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 601-617 comments:
Yes, me too, but my sensation is in my right leg.  Again, want to mirror what others are saying.......such a relieve, even tho' not a diagnosis, that others are experiencing the same sensation.  Exactly like hot water running down leg, tho' mine is now focussed more around above the knee and let like water flowing but still that intense 'heat' like sensation.  I went to A&E the first day I had it!  Then went to doctors.  Both told me to take Ibubrofen.  I did and it helped.  I was also told it sounds like something to do with a trapped nerve.  I also have an office job and have and do spend a lot of time sat in me arse!  But I also exercise a lot!  Pain has come back months and months later but continuous and both Ibubrofen or Paracetamol doesn't work.  Another doctor saw me and he decided to run blood tests.  Result is apparently I have an infection (according to blood results).  Blood results being rerun.  Awaiting outcome but can't get appointment with doc for another 3 weeks!!!  If I get a positive outcome i will definitely post here!  
I have the same issue on my right leg. Im only 23 years old and active. After asking around the news came up with a possible cause.  This could be caused by people using labtops and letting them rest on their laps. According to the news this can cause a skin condition that is not serious in the legs. Due to the intense heat from the labtop. So if any of you rest your labtops on your laps while using it, this could be the source of the problem.
I want to thank Eleanor360 for her post.  I was so surprised to read all these posts because I'm having the warm sensation in my lower left leg.  I actually injured my knee somehow recently and this sensation did not start until after this injury. So, Eleanor360, your post hit home with me. I'm just glad to have some kind of answer.  Here is her post:

To: All--A Neurologist's Diagnosis
Short answer: Fibular (also known as peroneal) nerve entrapment (Google it).

I had precisely the symptoms described--sensation of spilt hot coffee down my left outer calf.  Fortunately, I have access to an actual board-certified neurologist.  A few quick tests can confirm.  In particular, the fibular nerve runs from your knee, down the outer side of your calf, then across the top of your foot to your big toe.  See if you can flex your big toe up and keep it up when someone presses down on it...I was surprised to discover I couldn't when the neurologist tested for this.  It's another sign that this nerve is getting pinched or otherwise irritated.

The irritation can just be from hitting the side of your knee (like bumping it hard on a coffee table...I'm a klutz), or it can be from a number of other causes, including getting the nerve pinched as it wraps around the top of the fibula or passes through the upper side calf muscle, or diabetic neuropathy.  It might get better on its own in a few weeks/months, or may even require outpatient surgery if the pinching is due to a structural problem.

Note that this diagnosis is specific to pain/burning/numbness localized on the calf.  If you're also having symptoms in your upper leg and lower back, the problem is further up, e.g., sciatica.
For the last 10 days or so, I, too, had the 'warm water running down my left calf' feeling like some of you. I initially thought it was the result of a heat vent in my car warming up my leg. It clearly was not and I began to feel this warm sensation 5-6 times per day and even got a pins and needles sensation in my left arm at one point! After a trip to the doc, a physical exam to test my neorological system and blood work, it was determined that I had somehow injured my neck and maybe my neck from hunching over my laptop at night (on my lap) and/or sleeping with too many pillows in various positions (I have trouble sleeping and fall asleep sometimes watching tv or reading). Next week, I will visit with an orthopedic doc and hopefully, will be re-alligned. I will post again to share my results. My neck and back are sore but it never occured to me that the warm sensations in my leg and arm could be related to my neck or back! Meanwhile, taking ibuprofen has helped tremendously and also gave me piece of mind when the pain subsided some, that this was a muscular situation and not one of neurological nature.
I have it lso. It has been going on now for about a year. It is in my left inner thigh. At first, I thought there was water running down the inside of my lower left thigh. I mentioned it to my Dr. He said not to worry if there was no pain  or minimization of my exercise routine. The feeling comes and goes. I had  not noticed the feeling was missing until today. The sensation had actually disappeared for about two to three months. During that time I had started taking Red Yeast Rice plus CoQ-10, with flush free niacin. I am a 57 year old female with no health problems. I have noticed that salt and sugar plays a part in the sensation. (Those two things will be the death of us all). Hopefully someone out there will diagnose this problem and put an end to this discomfort.
I am male 29. My work involves working in front of computer and also working in sites in factories.
Its not very stressfull though.My problem started all of a sudden in March 2009 when I started to feel tired, fatigued and a feeling of weak legs.
I consulted general physician , she suggested me to take some b-complex and keep healthy diet.I followed
her diet plan.I was going to Gym in the evening, started 2 weeks before. After 1-2 weeks I was feeling more fatigued and weakness was growing in my legs.
I observed after working out in gym , my calf muscles were becoming as hard as a rock.I stopped going to gym and preferred taking rest.
In a few days time my condition deteriorated.I felt pain in my knee and ankle joints too with pain radiating to my back while walking along with burning sensations in my feet while standing.
I went to neighbouring hospital and took x-ray for my spine, Blood sugar test and CPK level.Everything was normal.
I was given oral steroids for 15 days days along with vitamin B-12 injections for 10 days. I took them regularly.
I found my appetite got increased and i got red rashes all over my body but my pain didnt get better in 1 week time.
Then I went to see a neurologist. He suggested me to stop taking steroids by reducing the dosage.
A complete blood test along with urine test was done.It was normal.
Then MRI and Nerve conduction tests were done. Everything came out to be normal.
Doctor prescribed Maxgalin-M (lyrica,Pregablin 75 Mg ) to me 2 times a day. I took it for 5 months.
I was feeling better with pain only sometimes and burning sensation in my feet which reduced considerably with time.
I was back to normal life in the month of September.In november I got some warts near my genital area and also a few on my wrist.I took aclyvoir for 2 weeks.
Sores healed in 2 weeks.My life continued quite normal after that.In March I got a little lower back ache.I used some
pain relieving cream and I was fine in a weeks time.I was very happy and everything was normal.However In May'2010, I started feeling pain on the inner side of my thighs, just opposite to the knees.
Then again feeling burning sensations in my feet started, calf muscles getting cramped.It was not as severe as I had before but still it was there.
I went to doctor again.Series of Blood tests including sodium and potassion.It came out to be normal.Then he did
ultrasound of my legs to find if there was any clot.It was normal.Then Ultrasound of my thyroid, he fould it was a little bit inflammed and my ESR level was just a bit more than normal it was 20.Although my Thyroid blood tests were normal.
He gave me some steroids again for a week.After 1 week my ESR was normal, But I still had burning feet, fatigue and lack of energy.
Some days were bit better, some were bad.I started taking Pregablin again.I still got some days with burning sensation in my feet.
Visited one more neurologist, he told me that may be my weight ( 67 kgs , height 162 cms ) is a bit more to be supported by my legs.
He told me to continue taking pregablin along with Vitamin-E. I did that for 2 months and stopped taking pregablin.
Only sometimes I used to get burning sensation in my feet.In November 2010, I decided to start going to gym again , to keep a check on my weight.
May be I am 70 now. I am eating i should say very healthy diet. Good breakfast ( cereals, milk, egg , juice ), lunch and early dinner.
I started doing work out 20-30mins a day. 2-3 days was ok. On the fourth day , I started feeling fatigued.And I started feeling burning near my genital area and was feeling over acidity in my stomach.a bit burning sensation below my abdomen.
I found I was developing sores near my genital area. I stopped doing work out. Didnt take oral aclyvoir this time.
I used Aclyvoir gel for 2 days. Sores got healed, but then I got sores again in the nearby area and after healing got them again.
It lasted for 2 weeks when I started applying Ice on them , it healed.But I started feeling more fatigued, less energy and burning in my feet.
Sometimes burning sensation in my legs too. At night before getting to bed ,i can feel my feet and legs are bit hot too.but if i touch my feet , its not as hot as i m feeling.
I have started taking pregablin again one a day at night. I got a little bit of lower back ache again.Applied pain healing cream. feels better.
I dont have fever, no diarrhoea or headache. In fact I dont remember last time when I got fever.My main problem is fatigue, leg cramps and feet burning.Sometimes i can feel some water is running through inside my legs, but its just a feeling no pain.
And my feet are having tingling feelings.While laying on bed I can sometimes feel twitching of nerves like a heart beat in both legs.
I can walk normally but if I stand for a minute or two, my feet start burning.And while sitting feeling of warm shots keep on flickering from one feet to another. And a mild feeling of tincling in my feet.And If i walk very long 1-2 kms, my legs get cramped.
I was quite a healthy person, I dont know what happened to me suddenly.I sleep for 7-8 hours, but still dont feel very refreshed.
I have done most of the tests :
Series of Blood tests , MRI , X-ray , Untrasound,Nerve Conduction test and even HIV
All were negative.
About my sores I am not sure if it is herpes but its not so severe and I dont know if it has any relation with my problem, as my problem started
much before i got sores.
I dont understand by maintaining good life and healthy life style , how could i be so fatigued.
Is it Fibromyalgia
or MS
or RLS
or herpes
I am so scared and terrified. I was quite young and healthy for this problem. Its affecting my life a lot.
Please help me to have find a right diagnose or a direction and any suggestion for treatment.
May God bless you all !!!
WOW! I finally read through all the posts. I think that there may more than one reason for everyone's problems although it is reasonable to suspect nerve as it is the nerves that transmit sensation (pain, touch temperature). The exact nerve in question is different depending on where you experience your warm sensation. Someone with Meralgia Paresthetica would experience pain numbness or maybe warmth on the outside of their upper leg. The sciatic nerve will give people sensation down the back of their buttock to as far as the foot. More specifically a peroneal nerve issue as one person mentioned might give sensation issues in the lower part of the leg. Compression of a nerve at any location from muscle, bone, external trauma, tumor (don't panic) etc can lead to weird sensation (paresthesia).
However, I did notice from the beginning of the threads another thing in common ie B12. As many of you have probably looked up a vit B12 deficiency can cause distal nerve issues. Many people here (especially at the beginning of the threads) reported taking proton pump inhibitors which can cause vit B12 deficiency especially if taken for longer durations. Other people wrote that they have diabetes and at least one mentioned taking the common medication Metformin which can also lead to vit b12 def. There are a number of other things that can lead to a b12 def including diet, GI issues etc etc.

I am a 68 year old male, in pretty good shape, 5'-11" and weigh around 144 lbs. I am an active cyclist going on 15 to 30 mile rides, 3 to 4 days a week. I have in the past experienced the warm sensation on the outside of my lower left leg, which puzzled me but not sufficiently bothersome to seek medical advice. I am experiencing the sensation again right now and was amazed to find how many of you have had similar symptoms!! One connection I have made is fatique and stress, or maybe I should say, stress and fatique. I also have mitral valve prolapse, with mild chest pain at times, which also becomes more noticable when I experience stress and fatique, so I wondered if there is any connection between the two?
I have a healthy diet, only 1 cup of coffee in the morning (which I am going to try and quit) and I intend to try the B12 tablets dissolved under the tongue. Good to know there are a number of folk who experience this sensation and also that it is generally not a serious problem!!

I'm 59. good health. live with a lot of stress. Right Leg - mid way between the knee and ankle - intermittent warm spot about 3 inches in diameter - heats up from the inside out lasts a few seconds then disappears and happens again. Nothing similar that triggers it . Just happens. no pain at all just a glowing warmth and I have no idea why.
I am a 72 year female.
I too have the feeling as if I am standing in water and the warmness. I also suffer from restless leg syndrome.

Rosalind230
Hmm, same feeling in the left leg, as something is moving for a sec.
Can be after standing up from the car, or just sitting in front of the PC.

No pain, just a strange feeling. At first by searching for "strange feeling in left lower leg" I thought that I will not find anything, then I found this page.

Maybe is soleus veins, or saphenous vein, anyway, I always have a feeling that is a vein.

39 male, quit smoking 4 weeks ago. Sit all day with PC or drive a jeep. Working stress job as real estate agent. Feeling okay, no health problem, eating super great food.

Well, I can see that there are 500 persons with same sensation, and nothing is happening.

Merry Christmas 2010 from Punta Cana.
Male 45 not significantly overweight. Noticed a warm spot in my left leg slightly below knee, at the back of my leg, a couple of weeks ago which now seems to be spreading. I hadn't given it any thought until just, but I did go sledging a couple of weeks ago with my nieces on my 45th birthday and took a bit of a tumble. Felt a crack in the base of my spine and felt mild pain for a few days. I guess I must have aggregated a forgotten back injury.  I hadn't associated the two but the trapped nerve theory seems to fit. Now I think about it, I don't think I had the sensation before the tumble. No diabetes but do take SSRI's
For those trying to identify common denominators among those of us with this issue, here's my story and stats:  I have been experiencing the warm sensation in my left upper leg, usually when sitting down, particularly when driving.  It feels like the seat warmer is on (only on one side)  or as many have said, I peed myself.  This started as the sensation similar to a cell phone vibrating in my front pocket.  
Only thing health-wise that I can identify that could remotely be related are two things:
1) I stopped taking Lipitor (for high cholesterol) about three weeks before these symptoms started.     Interesting since someone posted they thought there may be a connection between this and cholestrol
2) I had a fracture in my knee almost five years ago (same leg)
3) hurt my foot or ankle with a bad sprain, tendonitis, or something similar about 2 months ago, and it has not gotten any better.  did get it x-rayed and it's not broken.

Here are my stats:
Sex: M
Age: 52
Height: 5Ft 9In
Job: office job, sit around mostly, but not entirely.  Commuting less than 10 minutes each way, but frequently need to drive for up to 2 hours at a time.
Health Background:.   Generally good
Medication:  Was taking Lipitor
Blood pressure: good, occasionally slightly high
Weight: not overweight
Symptom Location(s):  left leg - thigh
Length of time with symptom:  about three weeks
Frequency of Symptom: several times per day.
Allergies: None
Drugs: none, except for the lipitor
Vaccinations:   none  recently
Activity Level: Moderate    Walk when I can and occasionally bicycle.
Stress Level: Moderate   (I have teenagers, what can I say?)
History: nothing significant that I can figure out

Good luck to all!!!
wow!!!
How crazy is this. I have recently started to feel the warming sensation in my uper left leg and buttocks. Just about where the two meet. It started about 3 weeks ago around mid december  so i thought i would see if there was any information on the net. What a shocker when i saw all the peeps with similar experiances. Feels like someone touching me with a warm  hand. Is in the same place for me when it happens. As a matter of fact its happening right now. It can happen any time standing or sitting doesnt seem to matter. Seems to be a mystery. Havent changed any of my daily routines or anything like that including meds or vitamins or diet. It just started for no reason and is off and on. I am 58 and healthy or so i think. I do take lipitor and have for a few years as well as a blood pressure med and my checkups have been great. maybe its somthing new in the food we eat ...some new growth hormones or some crazy thing like that. will be watching to see if anyone comes up with a sound explination.
Well hope everyone is staying safe as winter seems to be everywhere it isn't supose to be.
I am 16 years old. I was sitting at school today and my leg started having the same burning feeling as most people have said. Its in my lower left leg (but not my ankle). There is no redness or swelling just a very warm feeling. I have red somethings about it being a blood clot and i am quiet worried.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
I've had the same feeling as most of you describe. I actually thought my infant daughter had leaked through her diaper bc the first time I felt it I was carrying her. It's a warm wet feeling on the outer part of my left calf. Very strange. A lot of people describe the same sensation but no diagnosis yet. Can anyone shed some light on this? I'll be asking my dr and if she knows what this is, I'll post it.
Recently I've been having mild pain in my lower legs which is becoming more frequent.  I would describe it as "fullness" in my legs, maybe a little tingling, and now I'm also experiencing the warm sensation on my left outer calf.

I have some varicose veins that bother me occasionally, but they're at a different spot so I don't think it's related.  I sit all day, and I often tuck my legs under me or sit cross-legged.  If I'm wearing jeans, they bunch up behind the knee which puts extra pressure on that area.  I was scared that it's a blood clot, but after reading these comments now I'm wondering if I damaged a nerve.  I also experienced a little tingling in my right hand the other day.

It's very strange, and I'm relieved to know I'm not alone.  I'm a 27 yr old female, 125 lbs, healthy, but I don't get much exercise.
I'm a female, 17 years old. For the past week I've experienced a warm sensation in the inner portion of my upper right thigh. I don't know how else to explain it. My skin is not discolored and it's not warm to the touch because I frequently expect and check to see if it is. I'm on no medication at all and have no health problems. I just began working out this week again but hadn't for a couple months, with yoga classes and elliptical, nothing too dramatic. Maybe It's possible that exercise is a cause. I also am a highschool student whom sits at a desk for multiple hours of the day, about 7.
I had a warm sensation in my left calf around every 2 hours during the day. It started to get higher near my upper hamstring area. Started to really worry me. Okay... Went to the doctor. He said i had a slipped disc. He put me on a 6 day steriod pack with muscle relaxers. worked great! Sensation is gone, and feelin back to normal....
I had the same sensation... I am an EMT and sit in the ambulance for long hours... so I went to an Upper Cervical Chiropractor and after my first adjustment the sensation went away... in fact, all my diseases disappeared! Don't believe me? Try it yourself!!

uppercervical.org

You have stress of some sort wich is causing the waterheatasthoma, if you don't like the feeling you can take a daily vitamin supplement and it will subside in about two days!! Git -r-done
I cant believe it, I am in shock I had absolutely no idea so many people where discussing this. I need to sit down - but maybe reading alot of comments that is the problem.
To describe mine I actutally thought I was going a bit crazy or I had a ghost in the house, because what is happening to me is, is like a warm breeze or hand on my lower left a calf. And it only happen occasionally I thought I had a draft in my house by it just happened outside.

I have just started taking dance classes again after years of being inactive, I am 44 and I spend ALOT of time either in front of my computer or with it on my lap.
So maybe the answer is somewhere in there.

It just happened again - when I stretched my leg out.

I must admit I was thinking stroke not blood clot, so glad to hear I am neither crazy nor hopefully really sick.

Shame wonderfull insights like this cant be used to do research into modern life and potential illnesses.
wow, this is another thread about heat sensation in the leg area.  funny how no doctor has replied to any of the symptoms.  seems like we all have the same problem but noone can give any answers to it.  is this like a new type of disease or something?  im 37 male smoker drinker somewhat active in sports not over weight or has diebetic (diabetic) or anything.  what is going on here that no one is able to give any answers or advise.  I WANT SOME ANSERS DAMNIT. LOL
Well I read dozens of posts, but could not read all 590 to figure out the answer. As a doctor, I wanted to see what others said.
I really think my warm sensations are due to pooling of blood in the veins in my leg, when I sit down. Maybe is is because I have started PPI (acid reflux meds), a zillion vitamins, thyroid meds and anti-inflamatories. I don't think these have any thing to do with the warm sensations.  No back or nerve issues. Good circulation.
Anyway, I think it is related to blood flow. Maybe all the P90X I am doing.
Well, I too have a warm sensation on my left inner knee.  I first noticed it when I was doing dishes and though I had spilt water down my leg.  However, that was not the case and I am getting the feeling more often over the last couple weeks.  I am 33 years old and healthy.  Being in the medical field I immediately though blood clot as well.  I don't have much faith in doctors.  Especially, for something like this.  I am very curious to see if anyone is diagnosed.  
I was so happy when I found this posting a few weeks ago with so many other people that were experiencing the same sensation - like many mentioned, it made me feel less crazy!  I am a 28 yo female in fairly good health and thin, but I definitely sit most of my day.  9 hours in front of my desk, 2 hours in the car and then usually sitting for most of the night.  After I read through some of the posts I started to make a conscious effort to get up once an hour from my desk to walk around the office, walk around in the evenings, AND start taking a woman specific multi-vitamin.  I haven't had the sensation return to my lower legs since.  I can't say this will help everyone, but for me I noticed a difference within a week.
WOW, I can't believe so many others have the exact same symptom and no definitive answer has been uncovered.  I'm hesitant to think its nerve or B vit deficiency (for me) and here's why:

My symptom is identical to so many: warm sensation on outer left calf  2/3 down from knee, about the size of my palm.  I do not experience the "wet" sensation, more like being warmed from the sun, yet not hot to touch like I expect it to be.  has been occurring for a week+, while standing or sitting

38 yr old, nonsmoking, occ social drinker, ~15lbs overweight
good health/bloodpressure/cholesterol, no other medical issues.
SAHM, so no job/desk to sit at, climb stairs 30 times a day, sit on couch a few hours a night
Low activity level currently, but avid rollerblader up until a few months ago
No meds, just prenatal vitamins (which includes 800, 750 & 600% of RDA of B6, 12 and 5)
Also 2400 mg Omega 3,6,9
I do not believe it is my back, no injuries to spine, however I have been seeing a Chiropractor twice weekly for the last 8 months, so it should not be a pinched nerve.
I have little if any stress and eat a good deal of fresh foods, though have a big sweet tooth.
Do have trouble falling asleep before 2 am, but that has been the last 25 yrs of my life.

If not the B's or pinched nerve... then what??!?
32 m here. Just found this thread and this just started today. I was in the store and I had to stand there for a minute. My foot got really sweaty during this sensation on my left leg.  
I'm 36, female, and it's been a few days now that I've experienced a "warm water" sensation starting from my right ankle down to the foot.  It passes within seconds and when I first experienced it, I thought I wet myself! It was truly weird.  I'd like to rationalize it by thinking that it's because I've been wearing tight, heavy sweat socks (that leave marks on calves) for the crazy, cold, winter we've been having in the northeast.  I'm guessing poor circulation?  I'll have to get back to you in the summer, when I return to wearing flip-flops.  
Btw, I'm on my feet all day at work, haven't exercised in months due to lower back pain, had mris to reveal ruptured discs and tried phys, therapy that hasn't resolved issue.  Is this all connected to right foot weirdness?  I don't know.  I'm sticking to my tight sweat socks theory.
I'm 44 Male and have been having the hot flash sensations between the knee and foot for the past 3-4 weeks. At the same time I've also started to feel cold all the time, which is very unlike me!

Like others, I find it extremely odd to find so many others with this exact same problem around the same time. What is going on? Is there an epidemic that we're not being told about? Where do we go from here? Maybe we need to start a support group to better voice our concerns and to get to the bottom of this. Any journalist in the list that can follow this up?

Maybe it would help to put this in context by knowing where each person lives. I live in the Great Toronto area, in Canada.

Like others, I find it extemley odd to find so many others with this exact same problem. What is going on. Is there an epidemy that we're not being told about? Where do we go from here? Maybe we need to start a support group to better voice our concirns.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Had this hot sensation for many years now. Sometimes on my left or right leg where the back of my leg is behind my knee. First time it happen I was sitting in church and began feeling  my leg burning and began to cry that we had to leave church. It would be worst when i was lil and I was about 7 years old and up till now...i'm 21 now. It happens  anytime (out of the bloom). When this happens, I can't stay still or otherwise, the pain of heatness gets worst...It even makes me shed tears pasting back and forth in the room. I noticed that it hurst less by walking Or taking off my shoes, socks, pants. I have to lay my leg on the floor since the floor is cold....
or dipping them in cold water...basically anything that's cold relieves my burning sensation in my leg. Also I noticed as i'm getting older it don't really happen as often as when I was much younger. So far reading some of people post, I still can't find somebody I can relate too since mostly all of you barely got this feeling when I on the other hand, had it for many years now....

Also, between the years, I would wake up from  Leg and foot Cramps.
It would wake me up to the point where i'm crying hard and would see my toes stiff pointin forward and backward and it be hard to move them.......It caused my toes joints now to be croaked and gap that i'm embarrased to wear sandles. As years going by, they're just getting worst and worst.

I don't truly know why I sometimes get burning sensation on one leg that may be my right or left leg or sometimes both at the same time. AND I don't know why I get the cramping that wakes me up at nights sometimes.

This is why I haven't found anybody I can relate to since this is strange of what I have......Maybe it can be that I have something wrong with my leg and foot nevers and poor circulation through my legs and brain for the fact that I sometimes get head rushes that causes me to get light head and if I get up so fast (even slow) it makes me see blackess with little black dots for couple seconds and sometimes it makes me faint that I hit the floor hard..........Help anyone? Thanks.

**Nerves.
Just mentioning 'nerves' will not help. I am 80. I had periodic warm feeling im my legs. All neurological reflexes are still normal on physical examination.  Periodic feelin has turned into strong numbness in both the feet. No B12, iron deficiency. no dibetis. No known cause is traced. there are lot many posters presenting similar issues.My symptooms (warmth) when i was 35. I am just adjustiing myself to the symptom. Aff therapies , nutritive, acupunture, acupressure, Reiki, yoga, and many other therapies were tried. I smoked for 50. I thought, smsoking must be the causative factor. Now i have stopped smoking since the last 5 years.cessation of smoking did not help.
I was doing vajrasan(kneeling on Hills- putting pressure on calf muscle) It is supposed to be yogasan for doing meditation. I found a websete which says tha vajrasan done for 5 minutes may cause vericose vein or if done only for a minute, it may have therapeutic effect. Now I do vajrasan for a minute , 5 times a day to increase the bood circulation in my legs and feet. I have just started. Let us see if it helps.It is Sucokuyoga.com.
A related discussion, Low levels of B12 was started.
Same here - Started having the weird warm feeling just after the 14th of Feb. I really think it's just my lower back out of whack. I was going to a Chiropractor for years and had to stop because of health insurance issues. Anyway don't want to "scare" anyone off but I had a lot of sex last week. (It WAS Valentine's Day ya'know) anyway I think the "activity" threw me out of alignment. I guess it can happen with any strenuous activity but, anyway, I recommend y'all out there to see a chiropractor. Your lower back may just need an adjustment. Be well!
Wow! That must be the solution! I have pernicious anemia but have neglected to take my injections over the last 3 months.  All of a sudden I started getting the warm feeling in my leg.  I will take my injection right now and hopefully this warmness will go away.  Thanks!
re my last post (10 minutes previous)... I have been taking B 12 and B complex injections for almost 20 years due to the type of anemia I have.  I recently moved and haven't been keeping up with my weekly injections.  This past week I started experiencing the warm feeling in my left leg in the shin area.  It only lasts a few seconds but it was freaking me out! I am very healthy, non smoking, light weight...  I am happy to see that so many others have this weird experience and even happier that B 12 may be related- since I have a specific B 12 deficiency that I can easily treat.  I will repost with an update after I resume my injections.  Hopefully they will help resolve the problem!
I too had this start today  55 ok health.  Had a By-pass already.  On my feet at work 8 straight hours.

But had the warm sensation this morning for the 1st time, weird to say the least .  Happened several times.  Glad to see I'm not alone.

Been havbing back pain also, neck the worst.  So as some said could be nerve.
I started feeling warmth on my left shin this week and the first thing I thought was poor blood circulation due to sitting down all day at work.  I've never had this symptom before so I got really concerned. I am so glad to find this forum and I got to read all the correspondence, especially the post about the "nerve entrapment".  Every 6 months I go to my doctor for blood work, and according to my lab results just last week I do not have Vitamin B12 deficiency.  But over the weekend, I was playing with my daughter laying down flat on my back and I started having pain on my sciatic nerve area.  It was so painful and more so when I moved and tried to get up.  The pain lasted 2 days, that is when the warm sensation started.  I'm planning to visit my doctor again and see what he says.    
Ok, I am 30 yrs old male. I started feeling this same feeling in my left leg.
STORY BEHIND LEG FEELING WEIRD:
It all started after I fell into a sympathetic relationship. And by that I mean, i had gone back home oversea for love. To be with a girl I had always prayed for to one day make my wife growing up since 7th grade.
We never talk about love until 2007.
After 3 years of talking she lied and told me she has no kid.  
Not knowing the lie, I took a surprise visit oversea, after spending $1,800 in airfare.
She then tells me she got two boys. I just couldn't believe my mind.
I then wished I had never come on the trip.  
I was devastated so much I didn't know what to say or do.
So, I just out of the blue said before her parents, I forgive her.
Now that I am in it, I just do not know how to extricate myself. Plus, I have invested so much time and money.
I came back to the United States and the thoughts of the kids hunted me and still do.
She is a beauty, I must admit. I am averagely looking, 150 lbs, and 5’10 height with a master degree and no kid.
I am so sympathetic to the point I do not know how to pull out. The thought to pull out is not even coming up as I would like. I love her but love is not keeping me in. It is the urge and fear to see her hit bottom that speaks to my heart. She at first lived in a slum. It rained and water entered the bedroom. No electricity whatsoever.
My love and faithfulness to the relationship and attitude do not feel natural at all. I feel burdened and feel it over my left leg.   The negative thoughts are so strong, my left leg hurt.
Since I came in, she has home with electricity, water, toilet and going to college.
I met her ex and children father and he's with the girl he cheated on her for. I am just hoping for miracle because my happiness has since been clouded. And my left leg feeling weird tells me that.
I had always been a happy person. Not anymore!
I just hope she'd say, she wants out instead of me saying it.
LEG PROBLEM:
Since I got back to the United States I had been thinking about my initial plan to marry someone without kid. But I just do not know where that conviction had gone. I am overwhelmed with the thoughts of raising someone else's kids to the point my kidney, my heart and now left leg hurt.  At first, I even talked to myself. Nowadays, I whine so much.  She even noticed it over the phone.
My heart and kidney problems come as I am thinking all the potential negatives about my future with someone else's children and Ex.
I am feeling dizzy when I just move my head back and forth in motion.
My blood pressure sometimes read: 111/69.
One moment I forget the thoughts after reading the Bible and then in another when I do not read the Bible, I am reminded about it.
Today, my left leg feels warm, a little sense of about to give up type of feeling. It also feels like blood is finding it difficult to go up. My big left toe is also feeling weird. My hands are cold. I feel cold.
I am a little dizzy now. I should add, I have not been eating healthy and I stay up all night until 2am studying for license and wake up 6am twice a week and 8am on other days. I am a student as well.
I too am having a burning numbness from the outside of my left knee running down my lower leg to my ankle.  It also feels cold at times like I can't get warm.  One difference is I run alot and had tight calves so I used a tool called a "stick" to loosen my calves.  When I ran it down the left side of the shin I crunched a nerve of some sort and caused some good pain running down to my foot.  Then the very next day I have this burning numb sensation and it has lasted 5 days so far.  

Seems to be a nerve issue, hopefully.  At first I thought I had damaged my knee running and it caused the pain.  Have any of you found anyway to alleviate the burning sensation yet?
Thank god I found this post.  I have this warm sensation on the outside of my left leg from mid Knee down to the middle of my calf.  I know from an MRI that I have osteoarthritis in this knee as well as a Popliteal cyst.  The cyst will come and go if I irritate the knee (exercising).  I am now wondering if the cyst has compressed my nerve or if I have the Vitamin B12 deficiency such as suggeseted in these posts.  I am an ultrasonographer so I know that I do not have a clot as I looked (since it is the first thing I thought of).  No pain is involved but just a weird sensation.  If the cyst gets drained, I know it will come right back, but I am considering it.  I have never heard of this before and I have been in the medical field for 30 years.  I am surprised to read that it is so common.  
I have the same thing feels like a blow torch or a hairdryer on high heat on my left calf. have gone through three surgeries. possibly arachnoiditis
A related discussion, I will add my name to the list was started.
I am a registered Massage Therapist. If you have ruled out blood clot and anything else more sinister, eg DVT, head in to your local Massage Therapist and/or Chiropractor and get your pelvis realigned. You are most probably experiencing a pinched nerve which is causing the referral of the "warm" sensation into the lower limb.
Having the muscles and spine relaxed and realigned should take the pressure off the nerve which in turn should stop the sensation. Bare in mind that nerves take longer to recover and you will almost definitely need multiple visits within a short period of time to alleviate this problem.

Cheers,
Adam
I too have started to have the same feeling of warm water running down my lower left leg, and a google search found this forum.

Im really hoping it is a trapped nerve or something along those lines.

Bit of background. Im 42 female, not overweight, do minimal exercise due to painful joints, some days an hardly walk without assistance, other days can run with my dogs etc, xrays normal with only slight degeneration noted in my neck, nothing at all shows out of normal on my joints.  Blood tests once showed inflammation? which went unexplained. When i lay down in bed on my back my legs go really numb. Every morning when I get out of bed I stumble and wobble all over for 20 minutes or so, sometimes even fainting, but then im fine - except for the pains in my joints and tingling and numbness which is more often than not constant.  I have IBS and get migraines. I get constant abscesses on my gums.  Tired all the time.  I also have calcification of the optic disc causing some slight blind spots - this is the only definite diagnosis I have had.

Any ideas anyone? im sick of going to the doctors to be tested, xrayed  etc to get nothing back but suggest i have physo, without any diagnosis.even changed my mattress twice last year just in case it was that causing the problem.

Its really interfering with my life now as i used to love horse riding and dancing and can now do neither.  I still work full time although this is getting harder to do, if not though the pain the tiredness is the bummer!  
if you live near gold coast, go see george gebhardt, chiropracctor -  he can fix these things naturally without pills, plus he is cheap - $100 for first appt and $50 after that - most things sorted in 3 to 4 appointments

What this sounds like could be related to a several things:

bakers cyst --which causes pain behind pain
you also could have some nerve entrapment causing the sensations your explaining such as burning and shooting down. Since its on both sides it also can be due to poor cirulation. I would see a ortho or foot/ankle doctor for an EMG test to see if its nerve related and also a MRI of the back..lumbar and sacral as that can be causing referred pain as your describing..its amazing how many things can cause this.. also the cramps that wake you up an be electrolyte imbalance to dehydration...drink take vitamins..espectially the bcomplex..if this all comes out negative, I would see a rheumatologist and a neurologist...make sure you check your thryoid glands as well..good luck
Viewing 601-617 comments: