Men's Health Community
periodic warm sensation in lower left leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

For the past 2 days I have a very slight heat sensation in my lower left leg (no other problems). Is this some thing I should be concerned about now, or wait for my drs. appt in a few weeks?
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Did you ever receive a reply to your question?  I'm experiencing the same thing.
I've also had the same. Any info?
I would like an answer as well. I've had a feeling of warm fluid being released somewhere in my body for 2 months now.  It happens about 2x a day, lasts a few seconds and it has moved around my body.  Started in the left wrist, went to the left knee, then ankle, and the over to the right knee. Now it's been happening behind my right thigh for about 2 weeks.  Very strange.
I've had this since early August. I usually feel it on the surface of my knee but occasionally on my big toe. I talked to a neurosugeon friend who said he'd never heard of such a thing. Still looking for an answer...
This is very strange. I have had this heat sensation in my lower left leg for about two weeks now. It starts at about the knee and goes down to the bottom of the shin. I am totally worried about. It does only last for a few seconds.
I have the exact same symptoms.  It feels like someone is putting a hot water bottle on my calf.  It lasts for about 15 to 30 seconds, but has been happening several times a day.  Please let me know if you have any info.
I have the same thing it's on my left leg just below the knee all the way down to the bottom of my shin. first time I noticed it I was driving and I thought the heater was blowing on it then I realized that it was just my leg getting warmer.
I also have that annoying warm sensation that is in my right leg and it moves from my ankle and up about 4inches and seems to be very frequent.  I too thought it was a little heater under the seat of my car that was warming my leg-but the heat was not on.  Also, the balls of my feet are burning along with this sensation.  I need to know what this is?
Weird-this just started happening to my lower leg recently.  Please let us know if anyone finds out the cause.
I just noticed the same thing, heat sensation in my thigh, and I usually don't have this senstation. My guess is it's a nerve compression or something. I am driving my wife's car today so its a different seat and I'm not used to it.

If there are no other symptoms then it's likely something that can be remedied through better posture, or mild exercise or stretching. But I'm no doctor.

Common sense would dictate... if it is persistent and recurring, see your doctor.
I did a Google search for my similar symptoms and found this forum.  About 48 hours ago, I noticed this heat sensation in my left shin.  At first I thought I was standing too close to a heat vent in the floor at work!
It is a warm, sort of tingly sensation that lasts 5 seconds and occurs, I don't know, 10 times throughout the day.
I wonder if I slept on the leg funny??  Stress??
I am 43 and in reasonably good health but seem to be a hypochondriac (spelling?) at times.
I doubt this is related, but I have some sort of muscle strain in my hip/groin area that is possible due to an intense backpacking trip in October.  
Any feedback appreciated.  Guess I could consult dr. after Xmas if still going on . . . but it's vague and one of those deals like when your car won't act up for the mechanic.
oh my gosh, while googling for "heat sensation in lower leg" I found these comments....has anyone been told what causes this? Mine started about a month or so ago and happens periodically. It is SO strange and I haven't even mentioned it to anyone for fear they'd think I was imagining it or something! I was glad to see others describing the exact same sensation. I have my annual physical in about 3 weeks and will mention it, but am also thinking my dr will think I'm a hypochondriac! Anyone else have any diagnosis?
I just had this feeling on my left foot, like a warming sensation for a few seconds and then it passes, no pain or discomfort.
I was googling trying to find any info about it when I stumbled upon this thread.
So many feel the same!
Anyone has any idea what that is?
This is very interesting.  I have had the same symptoms in my lower left leg.  I Googled the problem and found your comments.
I am going to the Dr. on Monday.  I will post what ever I find.

Dave
Exact same thing with me. Started a month ago, warm fluid sensation down the back of right thigh. Seems to happen regardless of activity (e.g., it happens when walking, sitting, standing, etc.)Continued intermittently for 3-5 days, then inexplicably stopped. After it stopped, there was some minor muscle pain similar to that experienced after irregular exertion. After it stopped, I mentioned it to my doctor in mid-December who listened but did not suggest any specific testing to address the symptom. It started up again this week. I am curious to hear what others learn.
Weird whats goin on? I have this warm fluid like feeling in my tight leg for the past week or so . What does it mean??? PLease if someone goes to doc post response.....
me too!! what is it its been happening all week ...almost feels like something flowing inside my leg
I've had the same thing for a while now. I haven't had it checked out yet by a doctor (due to insurance issues), but my ma has told me that one of the signs of a blood clot is a warm sensation. My grandma was just complaining the other day that a spot on her leg felt hot, and she went to the doc, and sure enough, it was a blood clot. I guess it can become serious if you don't get it treated.
heat sensation in left leg sometimes.  strange had it last year in the winter months and disappeared until this past december.  Had a physical and forgot to mention it. seems to happen more after I've stood for a while or exercise

Hi Guys,

I've been having the same symptoms. If anyone has any info can you please post it. I would greatly appreciate it.
I promise to do the same. Thanks!
Ok.  So we all have this.  Has anyone benn to see a doctor?  What did he/she say?
I haven't but I'm schedule to go next Wednesday.
I'll tell you guys what the results are gonna be next week.

I want to find out what we all have in common beside the symptom.

I'm a 30 year old male. I'm a mechanical engineer. I also smoke.
I'm not sure if this relates but let's start with that.

Let me know a little bit about you guys if you don't mind.
Thanks!
hi, i'm no doctor but have learn't in depth anatomy for my uni degree. but recently feeling the same in my 40-50degree temps.
i'm putting what i'm feeling down to the summer,
in hot temps or when ones core body temp rises there blood vessels rise to the surface so they can be cooled thus reducing ones temperature.
hope this helps some of you.
About a week ago I noticed a warm sensation on the top of my right foot.  Like many of the others I at first attributed it to a vent in the car I was driving.  Since then I've noticed it multiple times a day in multiple physical positions.  I asked my father who is a doctor and he said it was probably a pinched nerve or something, and didn't seem very concerned.  However, he is seldom concerned with my health worries, so I don't really trust him.  I'd love to find a list of problems this could be a symptom of.

I have the same feeling also.  My doc did different ultra sounds, and an MRI.  Nothing showing up.  She is still checking it out.  Lets of tests and nothing yet.  I don't smoke, I  have no idea what the heck this can be.  Can't be too serious, all the tests come back neg.
Well I went to see the doc yesterday and he doesn't know what I have. He says it could be the nerve system but that I shouldn't worry about it until I get more symptom. He says most likely it will disappear.

Let's keep in touch and see how all of us progress.
I've got another question for you guys:
How long have you had this symptom?

Please let me know.
Thanks!
Hey guys dont mean to creep you out but I haven't found any discussions on any womans sight so here I am.  Mine started 4 days ago.  I thought the baby was peeing on my leg.  lifted her and was shocked that nothing was there.  It felt just like pee warm, wet and flowing.  It is alway the same spot on my right thigh several times an hour regardless of activity.  Can't find anything.  I feel like a hypo.  
It's nice to know that I'm not nuts! I've been experiencing what feels like a warm compress on my right ankle, up until 3 weeks ago. Just today I noticed it in my left ankle. I went to the ER on 12/23, concerned it was a blood clot & didn't want to wait for the Drs office to open up again, but they found nothing. The ER printed out info on muscle strain. Other people have mentioned it could be associated with back pain (sciatica).
Hi everyone,

I'm joining the party.  28 years old, recently started doing a lot of yoga type stretching.  in school so sitting for long periods of time.  otherwise healthy.  look forward to understanding my rather strange symptom: warming of the outer left calf for periods of 5 seconds or so for the last 2-3 days  zck
(New here)

Another found this searching for my symptoms.

Warm or cold wet feeling down leg and now wraps around back and over ribs. (2 + months)

Chiropractor says nerve pinch or bulging disk. Has been working it for a couple of weeks. Somewhat better but not gone.

Also told that stretching would help (I workout 3 days a week and have been known to ride 40+ miles per week on my bike - not lately). So I stretched. Oh my God how painful is that!

Not sure any of this is helping at all, but very strange no one seems to have an "Oh that's from..."

Hope it goes away or someone says eat an orange. (OK wishful thinking).

Best of luck folks.
OK...I'm in!!!
My "heat sensation" is usually in my thigh area. Been feeling it for a week or two now. Seems to occur several times a day.
I'm 52, work out regularly....but do have some disk issues. I'll follow this thread and post any new developements.
I've had the same thing happening to me for about 3 1/2 months.  Sometimes several times a day, sometimes none at all.  I also have been getting increasingly stiff in my lower back, neck and legs.  And my feet are feel like boards they are so stiff and very painful.  Also getting a bit moodier than normal and having some trouble concentrating.  I hope that I don't alarm anyone here but after doing a lot of internet searching and then speaking with a nurse friend and a doctor - not a formal visit, just a private conversation - things may be pointing to  MS.  I have an appointment in couple of weeks to start some testing but it seems that testing is not a fail safe thing to rule it out or in.  I have been told that it can take some time and a doc that will really listen and take it seriously and then hopefully has real knowledge of the topic to figure this out.  
I have the same heat sensation on my left leg 2 weeks ago. My doctor did not know the cause. He thinks it may due to the Vitaman B deficiencies. So he gave me NEUROBION to try for 1 week. Will let you guys know how it progresses.
OH! Well, thats just great....I hope its not MS....I have had 2 friends who got diagnosed with MS. One of them just passed away after 5 years from his diagnosis. I was just saying the other day how horrible it would be. He was in perfect health, and worked out and everyhting, then BAM. Anyway, someone has to go to the doctor and find out what it is. I am 31 years old, very healthy. I work out with weights 4 days a week, and also just started doing yoga. It is also just turned cold here in Texas. I just started getting this feeling on my left foot a week ago. Its like a warm sensation that goes away after a second or so. No pain.The only other problems I have helth wise is Irregular heart beats sometimes, and a swelling reaction to pressure which is also rare. I have also started taking Omega 3 Complex on a regular basis.... Please lets pray its not MS..Someone let us know....
I too am having this strange wet, warm sensation on my inner left thigh.  It's been going on for the last month or so.
It will happen somtimes only a few times a day or as much as 3 or 4 times an hour and lasts only few seconds.
As best as I can determine it doesn't happen while I'm sleeping.
SO....I did some checking and as many have already mentioned, this symptom can sometimes mean a potential blood clot.
I also remembered of hearing and reading that people who have sat for long periods on air flights, on occasion suffer blood clots in the leg from it being in the "bent" position for so long, resulting in having a stroke.
My job requires me to be behind a desk for most of the work day, which leads me to believe that this might be the source of my problem.
Since I have no insurance and cannot afford regular health car, and don't qualify for public assistance, my best bet is asking around.  
In doing so, I have been advised that if it is indeed a possible "developing" clot, that I should take vitamin E and some garlic.  In other words, blood thinners.  (It was also suggested that when I get this sensation, if I touch the area of the sensation and can actually feel hear, I should head for the emergency room.)
My ex-wife has an uncle who is a physician across the border in Mexico, so I might visit him for a presciption for a blood thinner and stop taking the vitamin E and garlic, unless he says otherwise.

I already take 10 mg. of Plavix and 3,000 mg. of garlic a day, so I bought some vitamin E this morning and will take 400 i.u per day as recommended.  
Time will tell.
If anyone has gotten any confirmation from a physician about these symptoms and the possible causes, please post that information.
Got the same deal here.   Mine is in my left calf.   No pain just kind of heats up to a warm temperature.   Only lasts for 4 seconds.   Started about a week ago.   I've been up since 6:30am,  its 9:31am,  I've already got it about 4 times since I woke up.

Notice that the majority of people are having it with their left leg/calf/thigh.  Wonder if that is significant.

I failed to say that it's the right thigh in my case.
Curious that no one has returned to this site to let us know what their doctor has to say about this.

I too have been experiencing this for a couple of months. Been worried sick, as i have other symptoms of MS. Am seeeing a dr this morning and will post update later.
Dr looked in my eyes looking for any MS signs,could not see any problems. Was more worried about my anxiety about it. Has referred me for a nerve test. That would not necsassarily show MS , but after would refer to neurologist to put my mind at ease as getting very emotional about it. Test and results may take a few weeks, will let you guys know how i get on. Heat sensation is very random over my body, tingling, eye pain,shooting pains,ultra sensitivty on thighs from time to time. I hope this info is useful to some of you. Lets try not to worry too much over this until we have all got it checked out with our doctors.
Up to this point, the sensation has only been on the inner right thigh...occasionally, slightly lower around the inside of the knee and slightly below it.
What really scares me is the fact that I cannot financially afford to go get it checked out.
As I told a friend, I'll probably have to wait until it becomes an emergency and head for the emergency room.  He said if it's a clot and it becomes an "emergency", it might be too late to head to the hospital.  He makes a good point, but I have no alternatives, as I said, having no insurance and not qualifying for "free" health care.
So far...in the last 24 hours the sensation has abated somewhat.  The sensation is not as often nor as warm as it was previously.
Hoping someone can help those of us suffering this malady with some comprehensive information.
Count me in. I just started experiencing this hot spot on my outer thigh. Really weird feeling. I'm 48, female, good health. Glad I found there are other people with the same problem.
Hello everyone,

I have this same issue.  I know this under "Mens Health issues" but I am a 35 yr old female and have been having extreme heat sensations in my left wrist for about six months. I can go a week at a time without this sensation, and then out of nowhere it just is there.  I am a non smoker.  I have been undergoing several MRI tests in the past six months.  

I saw a pain specialist yesterday - I have a large lesion in my left hip - he would not address the left wrist issue.  It is not painful but it is an odd uncomfortable feeling.  I don't think my doctor believed me.
I have experienced the same sensations in my left leg which I think points to something significant.. which pocket do you keep your wallet in? I keep mine in my left pocket so it could be related to posture or pressure on your sciatic nerve expecially if you have a large wallet and it makes you sit in an odd manner.

Do some research on Sciatica.

Oh yeah, I'm not a physician.
hello again,
my heat sensation started in my right foot, (i am a 36 year old female ) it now appears in various parts of my body, no rhyme or reason to it. seems to get warmer all the time.  i am into holistic therapies, so today bought some appropriate crystals that assist the nervous system, green tree agate, jade and amber, to be honest will try anything to be pro active with my own health,  also white chestnut flower remedies which helps calm a worried mind. best of luck to us all trying to find out what this is all about.
Okay. Me too. I have had the warm sensation in the back/side of my upper right thigh for about 5 days now. It lasts for about 3/4 sec's then goes away. The first day it happened twice and now it happens frequently throughout the day (8-12 times). I do have health insurance and plan to make an appointment tomorrow. I will let you know the outcome of my visit.
I have taken the NEUROBION for 1 week. So far, the heat sensation has not returned.

BTW, what is MS?
MS is multiple sclerosis. i mentioned to my dr about vit b deficiency , being a veggie, and after reading your comment about neurobin but she didnt think that would be the case, did not offer blood test, just referred me for nerve test.Glad to hear that your neurobin is working tho.
Here's an update on my experience:
I went to a doctor who is a friend of mine after I had told him about the wet, warm senstations.
After a cursory exam, he asked me if I took any chlorestral medicine, I told him I take Pravachol, but only when I can afford it...and I buy it in Mexico.  I told him I take it every other day to "stretch it out".  He asked when the sensations started...and coincidently enough, they started about the same time I started taking the Pravachol again.  He told me that sometimes the sensations I described can be a side effect of the chlorestral medicine.  He changed me to Vytorin and told me let him know if it continued.
BTW...the sensations all but stopped over the last 3-4 days...again...coincidently..after I ran out of Pravachol.  
I did have a couple of very brief "flash" sensations that didn't last but a "micosecond" or so.  But for the most part, the sensations have disappeared .
I hope this helps someone else out there.
its looking like that are various reasons for this wet warm sensation, as i dont take any medication and  in general a healthy person, dont drink or smoke, practice yoga etc. Guess i will have to wait for my nerve test to get any further with mine. Gad things are looking better for you.
Hey guys and girls  ...yes this a weird feeling isnt it ...mine normally comes from the back of my right calf and it has been annoying me a great deal for about 3 months ...please post some of the doctors results...another sympton of this to wach out for is when u get that warm wet feeling that you dont just begin to ignore it
The other day i had a warm wet feeling and i just said oh no not again only to find later that i had peed myself .....
Likewise, I have had this warm sensation - mainly on the left side of the body (primarily leg)  that started 4-5 weeks after having pain on left side of head.  I've had MRI and CT but both negative.  Three neurologist told me "nothing at this point to worry about - most likely anxiety".  I'm now on Fluxotene and Ativan but still have the sensations and periodic left side headaches.  No vertigo, nausea, unbalance, etc.  Only these two symptoms - warm sensations and left, temple area" headache.  I'm at a loss of what to do next...neurologists all told me not to worry about it and it may go away.  Since I don't have other symptoms (and MRI and CT) are normal, they don't believe it is something more serious.  Has anyone had multile MRIs or CTs?  Other tests?  Has anyone had luck with a diagnosis that seems to make sense?  Has anyone's symptoms gone away by them selves after whatever time period?  (month?, year?).  I'm learning to accept it but I sure think there must be a cause other than anxiety....
OK, that's really weird.
I've been experiencng the same sensation around my left ankle only.

I've had no injury to it and take only one medication: Tramadol/Ultram (which I have taken for years).

The burning sensation comes on suddenly and only lasts about 2 seconds, then it's gone.

Just to see if those experiencing this "condition" share any similar traits, I'm:

41 Years old
good health
170 pounds
only medication = Tramadol
experience headaches periodically (stress induced mainly)
prone to Kidney infections (once every 3 or 4 years)

Any thoughts?
Just some data on myself...

I'm 41 years old
non-smoker
No history of migranes (migraines)
Current headaches (again, docs say stress induced but I have mine 80-90% of time).

Has anyone had success with a Home treatment? (heat? ice?other)?
I have been haveing this warm sinsation in my right legg
and i have been to a doctor, i have 2 bulging disk`s
in my back and this makes my sciatic nerve swell becouse the disk rubs on it or pinch it, i also get pain at times
some times i am in such pain i have a hard time getting
out of bed and putting my socks on, at that point i
need to go to my doctor 4-6 times and i can not work
for a week. my doctor told me to take Advil becouse
it is a antiinflamitory. I have been installing carpet
for 25 years.. sorry for the bad spelling
Last night (02/24/07) as I drove a few hours up the California coast, a warm sensation began on the outside of my right calf. Still today, it comes and goes. It feels very much like a heater vent near my leg, or a puppy wizzing. Each time I check, the skin temperature is the same on both legs.

I too am online searching for what condition to attach to this symptom/sensation. I cannot help but chime in here with all your comments.

My profile is that I am a slender, 52 year old female. I jog a couple of miles most days. And on days I can't get out, I try to do strength training in the gym. I do have a desk job and I sit on my rear-end way too many hours. But I don't have any special back problems. I do have some bursitis in my knee (like I said I am 52).
I have the same thing going on in my calf.  Was once a day last week & now it is very often.  SO grateful for Google!  Sound like the one fella found the solution in Neurobion which is a vitamin B6, 1, & 12 mixture.  It must be a vitamin or mineral dificency- that makes sense. I had burning before in my knee & it was actually painful- glucosamine took care of that so I am going to try B vitamins.  Of course most Dr.'s won't know what this is b/c they are trained to treat disease; probably more of a naturopathic thing.  
AH HAH!  I just realized it MUST be vitamin B- this past month has been one of the most stressful I've ever experience & vitamin B is what helps you deal with stress- so as I have been under a lot of stress I'm sure my body has used all the vitamin B I had in it & needs more & the burning calf is it's way of letting me know.
The body is a cool thing indeed!  Hope this is helpful!
Has anyone experienced periodic headaches with the warm leg sensations?  My symtoms (symptoms) seem to migrate and alternate - a few days of warm sensations in legs and then a few days of left side headache.  Very weird.  My neuro doesn't have a clue (said its likely stress).  I'm on antidepressent but doesn't seem to help anything.  
Has anyone had succeses with a holistic doctor practice?  Any success with vitamins (B?).  If so, any details would be much appreciated!
I am currently waiting for a herbal prescription to arrive via post , to work with my nervous system. I will be seeing my homeopath after my nerve test, which will hopefully rule out ms. Still waiting to get the appointment. I truly believe this is all nervous system stuff going on. I do suffer with migraines and there is buzzings going on also, and heightened senstivity at times on my thighs. Will let you know how get on with alternatives. I also do reiki on myself which is helping i believe.
Hello. i have a herbal prescription on its way via post, all to support the nervous system. I also suffer with migraines. Will be seeing my homeopath after my nerve test which i am waiting for a date. have other symptoms, stabbing pains, unbalance etc, the list goes on actually. Lets hope we all get to the bottom of this. will let you know how test and herbs go.
ok, i have read all the posts and no one seems to respond as to what their doctor says.  I started experiencing the same thing Friday night, a warming sensation along my back left left, sometimes in the thigh region, all the way to the ankle, some very shorts bursts of the warming sensation, some lasting 5-6 seconds.  Anybody got a clue on what causes this?  not sure if it is a nerve problem, or clot, or something else. I kinda doubt it is a clot, as i am not having any other symptoms of a clot. I will see my doctor if this continues.....  Anybody who has been to a doctor for this, please let us know what was said.  thanks!
my doctor has referred me for a nerve test and after that will refer to neurologist
THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!  I started taking a B vitamin due to someone's posting that it helped & the burning, which was happening MANY times daily, is totally gone- it has been less than a week.  Thank you B vitamin!  I took a semi-cheap version that has B6 & B12.  I guess I'll have to change my blog name now... Hope this helps!
Since i read that someone thought maybe because of recent stress they started taking extra doses of the B vitamins.  I started that on Saturday (took One a Day Vitamins TWICE a day!) and today the warming sensations have been much less.  maybe it is due to stress, i had a very major stressful week. I have also noticed the warming sensations tend to happen when i am sitting in a chair, maybe also related to a nerve problem.  Thank you for your response above.....
I have been going to see my Chiropractor recently and the back pain is better. So much so that I started noticing the "warm sensation" is eminating from my hip area.

So he says he can adjust that as well. He has me brace my arms on the adjusting couch and pulls hard on the offending leg.

Holy mother! That is where the strange pain/feeling is coming from. Nothing on the other leg when he pulled it.

How that started I have no idea but he tells me a few adjustments and I'll be as good as new (or as good as 50 can be!)

He suspects that it is from my days in gymnastics and was awakened by one of my moutain bike rides or an excessive workout on the Bowflex leg bar.

In any case glad I narrowed it down a bit!

Thanks for everyone's posting on progress with Vitamin B.  I'll consider trying.  My warm leg sensations began after weeks and weeks of a left side, temple area headache.  I've been on antidepress for a 6 weeks and the warm leg sensations have subsided by the headache continues unabated.  Not terribly bad but mostly present 4-5 days of the week.  Can't get rid of this headache.  Seems like almost a "hangover" headache.  (but, haven't had a drop since last September!).  Doesn't seem migrane (migraine) as it is not sharp in nature and I have no light sensations.  All neurologists say its likely stress since my first MRI was normal.  Has anyone followed up an initial MRI with a second with different results?  Any magic bullets worth considering (e.g. homeopathic approach or drugs)that has been used successfully with the everpresent headache?
I'm glad this symptom seems relatively common! I've been getting the warm sensation in my left calf for a few weeks now, I take a multi vitamin every day so I'm not sold on the vitamin b deficiancy hypothesis. In fact that reminds me I have only had the symptoms since taking the multi vit, could be a coincidence or maybe it's due to an over abundance of some vitamin or mineral? strange that it's just in my left calf though.
its sounds like a constitutional appointment with a homeopath would be useful. they take down info about your body type, likes and dislikes of food, heat, fears etc and give a remedy that suits your constitution with the aim of returning to health that you were born with. cos i have spent so much money lately on alternatives i will wait before i see my usual lady. herbal stuff helping, hemp oil and oil of eve primose, plus another concoction to support my nervous system, heat sensations slighty less. hope this helps Mike
I am a 59 year old male in excellent condition who runs 35-45 miles a week.  About 1 week ago, after a vacation to Florida, I noticed a warming sensation on the outside of my left calf that lasts only a few seconds and comes and goes.  This is a new symptom and quite disturbing.

For some of the posters from last October, any news from the Doctor community as to what this might be ?
What is it caused from ?

Thanks for your thoughts !
Mine started a few weeks ago and is always in the same spot
(right shin area). I am a 37 year old white male and have no
serious health problems. I don't even have a primary physician.
I started taking a very low dosage of
Klonopin at bedtime about 4 months ago after having jaw surgery.
I used to grind my teeth at night and wore a splint. Now since I
don't wear a splint-the Klonopin is to help me not grind. Not sure
if the med is related to this weird sensation.

I am not a doctor (just a nickname).

Golden era coming! enjoy the ride. Left leg heat sensation is just one of ascension symptons. As the kundahlini runs, the molecules of the form begin to excite and rotate at a faster pace. This increased molecular pace creates a 'heat' inside the form, which can go so far as to cause dripping sweat.
would love to think you are right as practice yoga and meditation, unfortunately i have too many other symptoms that are not very pleasant happening too, but thanks for a more positive response to this
Update...its been 5-6 days with minimal symptoms after 5-6 months of constant headache and leg sensations.  Don't know if whatever I had is over or taking a break but a word of encouragement to all those going through it...hang in there and be positive...there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I was searching the net and found this page, I have the same weird sensation!
My left foot, mainly toe area. feels warm like it's being dipped in water. or being pee'd on.

I asked my doctor and she had no idea what it was, "mystery" was the word she used. then she asked another doctor and he said that I should have blood drawn. so my results came back and my thyroid is abit low.

related? I dunno, I went back for more blood work but i'm still waiting on results.

warm sensation, no pain. yet it's scary as hell.

Im 20 years old and have also been getting a heated feeling on the right side of my calf. It is like i'm standing next to a radiator or something but it only lasts about 4-8 seconds. This is very strange as noone seems to know whats going on! yet this has the potential to be quite serious. Could it be something like a blocked vein or capillary and when we are in certain positions the build up of blood causes this feeling? thats the only explanation i can think of really. I think a blood clot would mean that it would happen for longer and that it would cause visual effects and pain. Its strange that theres nothing visually wrong with my calf when it happens, it doesnt even feel as hot on the surface as it does on the inside! Very strange indeed.

I havent been to see the doctor....maybe i should.
It just started with me about two or three days ago. It seems to be more frequent today. I thought at first there was a heat vent suddenly blowing on my leg for a few seconds. I am 53 years old/female. Just started walking 30- 60 minutes 5-6 times per week around February 1. Its always the same spot on my lower left leg. I don't know what to think. That's why I did a google search.
I founf this site by searching symptom I am having ,frequently warm-hot sensation outside of lt leg from knee to mid calf, (did someone leave the heater on ?) not painful just odd,This leg is not exactly normal as I have had cellulitis in it in the past (from a little heal crack), but I am so glad to see this is common, I was a little concerned about MS.  Did anyone get a responce from MD as to what the cause is ?
I too was surprised and relieved that someone else was having the same heat sensations in their legs.   About 8 weeks ago I was having the same symptoms as described on this forum (except for the headaches).  I was under a lot of presssure at work, so I attributed it to stress.  I saw where someone suggested a vitamin B complex vitamin so I tried it.  I did notice a difference, but then I went on a 7 day vacation and the symptoms compeletely disappeared. (and I no longer take the Vitamin B supplements)  Knock on wood, but I have not had a heat sensation in my leg for over 3 weeks. If they do come back, I will go back on the vitamins and see if that makes a difference - or better yet I will take another vacation.  By the way, I am a 52 year old healthy female.
Hi I am a 20 year old female and I was having ..well still am having the same problems.. I'm not reccomending this for any one..just stating what my doctor told me today =)  I had the same problem..periodic warm sensations in both legs..but mainly right leg..felt like liquid was being poured down my leg but there was nothing there ..so after 3 months and like 18 dif. medications for uti's and such .. my doctor told me it was something completely dif. than the uti .. ..he asked me if I had been doing any exercise or strenous activity that I hadn't done before..and I told him months ago I joined a vigorous pilates class.that included heavy bars.. he felt my back..and told me that I had hurt my back..so in some cases I guess there's a correlation between this and your back..in my case anyways.. It's probably some nerve thing.. ..between your back and your legs somehow ..anyways.. my quote un quote treatment..is:

3 advil everyday for two weeks..
then heating pads and mineral ice and ice packs on the small of my back to buttocks everyday as many times as needed for 2 weeks as well..and he said I should be back to the way I was before in 2 weeks.. ..of course if this doesn't work..which PRAYING TO GOD it works ..I will go back to the doctors ..but hopefully this works!!..Hopefully this helped someone..I'll post on my progress =)
I feel so much better after reading that I am not alone.  However, since no doctors seem to know what is going on, I refuse to see my doctor because he will probably not know either and think its in my head.  I get these warm feelings in my lower right leg.  I must have them like twenty times a day. It really does feel like someone is pouring warm water down my leg.
I'm astonished that after Googling "warm sensation leg" this site came up and there are so many people with precisely the same symptoms!!  And I was sure I was alone as nobody I know has ever experienced this!

I'm 32, male.  I've had various health issues (testicular cancer and an apparent inner-ear disorder) but for the most part I'm healthy.

The sensation is in the left leg only: a rush of warmth from the knee down to the foot.  It lasts no longer than a minute at a time, and probably hits once an hour all day, every day.  It's been about six weeks.

I had a brain MRI that showed no signs of multiple sclerosis.  I've been seen by two neurologists.  So, those of you that are nervous about MS, don't jump to that conclusion, it's not necessarily connected.  

I am a runner whose left knee is busted (runner's knee, or a patella tracking disorder) so I wonder if something about that injury is pinching a nerve.  But until seeing this forum, I'd never considered asking a chiropractor (good idea).

As far as the B-vitamin argument goes ... I have had my blood checked recently for levels of B-vitamins and the level was normal ... and the left-leg warmth persists whether I'm taking my multivitamin or not.  So in my case I don't see that as a factor.

Thanks to everyone out there for posting!  I feel much better knowing it's not just me.  Good luck, and keep those doctor's reports coming!
All, after experiencing the warm calf syndrome for app 3 weeks, as quickly as it appeared, it has now gone away.  I had a cold but continued to run daily and the symptoms lessened, then disappeared.  I hope this is now completely behind me.

Keep the faith...
I've been experiencing these warm sensations in my left calf for the past few days now. It happens several times a day for a few seconds at a time. I'm a 46 year old male and have recently become more active. I've lost 33 pounds in less than 3 months and try to power walk on my treadmill at least three times a week for 30 minutes each. I take a multi-vitamin every morning and also take a teaspoon of natural apple cider vinegar before each meal. I'm a little concerned but hope someone will come up with the answer soon. I'll check back later. It is nice to know that I'm not the only one with these symptoms.
I noticed that alot of people on this site seem to be pretty healthy, exercise often.  I am wondering if it is because I have recently started to exercise more frequently that I am having these symptoms.
dont know if this has any relavance but i have been having these symptoms, still waiting for nerve test but have had a blood test showing borderline underactive thyroid
My husband gets the same warm, wet sensation in the groin area inside the left thigh.  We just got back from the Doc, and they took his blood for a screening, but also said that there is a cluster of nerves there that don't reallly serve much purpose.  He may get it again, or it may go away.  

He has recently lost about 30 lbs over the last 2 1/2 mos, and has been excercising more- he rode his bike to work today.  He has also just started going to the chiropractor for it as well.  

I had similar sensations in the same place when I was pregnant with our daughter.  I also had sciatic nerve pain.  I haven't had it since she was born.

I hope this helps.
Thanks to all who posted above.  I too recently started experiencing the sensation of warm fluid running down my leg starting at my knee and running down my inner calf to my ankle.  My internist ruled out a pinched nerve in my back.  I stopped exercising for a few days but the sensation only got more frequent until it was almost continual.  I read on this blog about someone being helped by Neurobion so I tried taking a sustained release B-Complex and the problem disappeared the next day and has not returned in a week.  Like one of the other posters on this blog, I too was taking a multiple vitamin that includes B vitamins.
In my case, taking a sustained release B-Complex vitamin (on top of a daily milti vitamin) took away this symptom.
I am seeing some common threads in this thread.....  I am a 31 year old woman who is overweight and starting to exercise a lot more than I used too.  I believe that the warm sensation i feel on the top of my right quadricep is due to the power sessions on board the elliptical at the gym.  I also am on my feet more at my new job as a massage practitioner.  my labs are all normal...including b-12, although i have celiac disease and one would assume i should have something amiss from my nutrition.  my mother has m.s. but i don't think it's hereditary.   i'm pretty sure it's activity....
I used to work in Pain Management  as a PA and this warm sensation was a common complaint among my patients often occouring down a dermatone ( a path down leg) Many times an MRI was clear or only mininmal say like a bulging disk...but sometimes it was just a chronic inflamation (inflammation) of the low back that triggered the "compression" of the nerve fiber and created that warm sensation. Many Internest or family guys expect that the MRI needs to show a herniation to result in a recurring symptom...not the case. Hope this helps
I, too, have had this heat sensation in the right side of my calf (right leg) that started about a week ago and is becoming more frequent everyday.  I am a diabetic who also had my thyroid removed about 15 years ago and taking Synthroid.  I just went for my quarterly blood work today and will be seeing my endocronologist on Thursday.  My father is a Chiropractor and seems to think that this results in too much blood flowing through the leg artery at once.  I have not increased exercise recently like most; but have started a new job where I am going up and down steps a few times a day.  I am a 42 year-old female and starting to feel some of the aches and pains of aging.  I will post again after my Dr. appt.
Google brought you all up when I was attempting to look up the weird warm water sensation I get randomly on my right thigh, in the middle, and less often on my left.  It used to really freak me out, I would look and put my hand there fully expecting that very warm water had gotten on my pants, only to see that it was actually dry!  Finally now I am wise enough to have learned it is just that "weird feeling" again.  

I brought it up to my neurologist today, who I've seen for the first time after my clinically isolated syndrome of optic neuritis in January, with my MRI film showing one enhanced lesion.  I am being watched now, waiting to see if I will be one who develops a second episode and lesion and move onto a MS RX or if I will be one of the blessed ones who never have a second attack.  We shall see.  This warm water sensation baffled the neuro....so I thought I would let you know.  NOt sure if it means anything or not, but I am scheduled for a second MRI now to check the spinal cord.  
I have been suffering the same symptoms as everyone else for the past week. The burning is in both my left and right foot, mostly on the soles and also in the lower calf. It lasts for 2-6 seconds and is hot under the skin however not to touch on the surface.It is such a wierd sensation that its freaking me out. I will go and see a doctor next week to check this out if it continues.Keep you posted.....I am a very healthy 39 year old female who has just started exercising regularly.
Warm wet sensation on the left side of my lower leg/calf area for a week, increasing in frequency and intensity.  Never warm to the touch though.  Of course I worried about it being a clot.  However, I have none of the risk factors at all.  If you really, truly think you have a clot, get it checked out immediately.  If you're a worrywart like I am, try to think about reasonable causes for things though.  Also noticed a twinge in my hip, so I wondered about a possible connection.

Me:
+30/f
+ benign heart murmur/frequent palpitations
+ no other health concerns/problems besides the palps
+ exercise regularly

Turns out that I've got some "significant scar tissue" at my left hip and one leg is a little shorter than the other causing this sensation-- something about nerves, etc..  Was given some hip stretches to do & I find that to be helpful.

oh well i am a female but this came up when i did a google search.

i swim and tonite i got a warm feeling in my shin. i get this from time to time. since i got it after a pretty good workout i figure it is exercise connected.
overuse.

i spoke to a doc about it in the past and i was told it was varicose veins.

WoW!  I've had a warming sensation in my calf/foot area for months and after some research and medical help(my wife works in an ER and speaks with drs) I thing I have a solution to MY problem.
I've noticed that the warming sensation comes and goes with the pain in my lower back.  I was injured on the job several years but being an avid outdoors type, I still continue to exercise.  Recently I've started golfing several times a week and have aggrivated the back injury.  As the back begins to hurt, the leg sensations begin!  I've been fine most of the day but just completed a 2.5 mile run.  Now the back hurts and my right calf/foot is really warm and actually a little numb.  
I'm going to take tomorrow off with no exercise and see if the problem is better but I really believe that a nerve or something in my lower back is causing these sensations.  Good luck to you all.
Mike
I have just recently started to experience the same symptoms as the ones posted here.  For the past few weeks I have experienced a warming sensation in the back part of my lower left leg (achellies tendon area-spelling?).  It feels like a heater is on my leg for a few seconds.  This happens several times throughout the day.  It too is not hot to the touch.  I had my third child about 9 months ago and had had some trouble with varicose and spider veins in the pregnancy and now after.  I called the cardiologist that looked at my veins previosly and asked her nurse about it today.  She was clueless. She thought that it sounded like hormones and a hot flash.  But that sounds weird in the leg.  She said that a clot would most likely be bulging and painful.  I am going to try the B vitamin, and if that doesn't work I will get some tests run.  I too just started to work out - just lightly though.  I will post back any findings as they come up.    
This is a follow-up to my above comment ...

Saw the doc who said, "I have no suggestions for you."  He seemed totally nonplussed.

However after two solid months of experiencing this symptom daily, and constantly, it has started to go away on its own.  At most now I have one rush of warmth per day.

So hang in there, there's hope that it will just fade away with time.  Let's hope it stays away.

"What a drag it is getting old."

Peace!
My leg no longer has those warm flare ups like before. The only thing I'm doing differently is that I am no longer taking multi-vitamins! Go figure!
I  am still waiting my nerve test appointment, but in the meantime i have been taking herbal prescription whichsupports the nervous system and symptoms have improved. I have similarities with fibromyalgia, have any of you looked at these symptoms?
Hello gang.  I'm 33 male, non-smoker, non-drinker, don't take medication unless there's no other way.

However, I do eat a very poor diet that consists of lots of fats and sugars.  I didn't take multivitamins until this warm sensation began.  It had been going on for about two days in the back of my right leg.  Sometimes it happens in my hamstring and other times it happens in my calf and runs to the heel of my foot.

I am concerned, but reading about all these people who have had this same mystery warm leg deal, has caused me to lesson my stress level about it.  I do plan on getting it checked out.  A doctor of mine back in Florida said to get a "Blood Chemistry Test" done to check for any buildup in the arteries.  I promise to come back to this post when I find something out.

Thanks for calming me down a little.  At least I don't think that I'm going to have a stroke tomorrow or something like that.
I just started experiencing the same symptoms last night or this morning.  Warm sensation down the back of my left leg to my heel or so.  Starts in the mid-hamstring area and lasts several seconds. Happens very frequently.

I'm a 41  year old male with a number of health issues.
mild rheumatoid arthritis, mild asthma, and the occasional kidney stone.

Yesterday or the day before I noticed tightness in my left hip and stretched it; no pain or anything.  I have been flying about 5 hours each way round trip almost every weekend for the past 7 weeks.  Don't take vitamins, but am going to get a B-complex pretty quickly to check it out.

Thanks to everyone for posting your symptoms/results.
I first noticed a warm sensation in my back and thought it was my heated seats in my car but it hasn't been the case.  I'm definitely noticing a warm sensation on the bottom of my right foot around my toes.  I notice many of you have the sensation in the left leg so I'm wondering if this is different.  I can't say it feels like water either.  It feels like I step on a warm spot for a few seconds but my foot isn't warm to the touch.  

I'm going to see my doctor about it.  It may also be correlated with a neck/shoulder issue I've been having for a month.  I'll try to remember to post any findings.

Female, 33
112 lbs
Run 20-35 miles/week
No previous surgeries / major issues  
Again, I am a female who found this from googling my symptoms. SO GLAD to find this, it has helped my fears! You all described EXACTLY what Ive been feeling and its good to know this is more common than I thought!

I am 33 years old, recently started walking and doing Pilates about a week and a half ago. This warming sensation in my outer left calf, and is occasionally in my left arm started, 3 days ago, so that makes me believe the injury theory. I was positive last night that I had a blood clot and it would kill me(did I mention I have had major anxiety issues?), I didnt sleep well. I called my mom this morning who is a nurse, and she suggested a pinched nerve. I have an appointment with my dr next week, and will post again what he says, but Im guessing I injured something.
Hi all -

I too did a google search for the warming sensation.  Mine started earlier this week in my right back calf.  I was so worried that something was terribly wrong.  I am so glad I found this today and noticed I am not alone.  I am a 33 year old female, non-smoker, non-drinker, work out 4 days a week and on a very healthy diet.

I am going to try the vitamin B that was suggested on this list.

Thanks again
Michelle from IL
Coo, I've been taking antibiotics for about 5 days and for the last 2 I've had this weird feeling of warmth running down the back of my legs periodically. I have to say initially I panicked and thought I'd wee'd down the back of my legs(not that I've done that since I was about 3!!).

Since it runs down the back of my leg it has to be something to do with the sciatic nerve, as I occasionally suffer with sciatica  but that is usually a painful or numb/tingly sensation along the same area. It may be something to do with the erythramycin or the fact I haven't been on my feet for a few days and now I'm up and about, my nerves are playing up.

Still will keep an eye on it - great to see there's actually loads of people with the same thing. I get joint probs too, but with all this warm, mild weather in the UK they really haven't been any trouble at all this winter and spring.

If anyone has a definitive cause, please post.

TTFN

son xx
ladybug629..I HAVE THE SAME THING!!..Mine all started when I was doing an intense pilates class ..I think it's a pinched nerve...well I'm hoping..cause the there would be a reason for it..I'm supposed to go for an EMG nerve test thing..I'll let you know how it goes if you'd like..but I definitelly know its related to the pilates class for sure now ..so lets hoped for a pinched nerve so they can find it and fix it =)

hope to talk to you soon with some answers for ya =)
i am so happy to have found this site, at least I am not an anomaly....
Mine started about 2 weeks ago, it is on my lower right front leg.
I have the heat sensation constantly, but it turns on and off all day.
I recently quit smoking, started taking 200 mg of sam-e a day, drinking moderate amounts of aloe vera juice and raw organic apple cider vinager, and i take about 4,000 mg of flax seed oil supplements and about 4,000 mg of ester-c a day too. and I take 300mg of wellbutrin a day too.
somebody else mentioned taking omega 3....
maybe the sam-e is depleting my b- vitamin amounts?
I am 30 years old
severe hand pain and stiffness diagnosed as prob arthritis
and I have crampy feelings in my uterus all month long too.... but am not pregnant for sure....
Well just like so many of the people here, I too have this weird feeling of a warm leg, it started in my right leg, then shifted to my left leg, now it's in both.
there is  a slight itch as well.
Has anybody got any real explaination from their doctor???  lots of posts  but no real answer.

Me TOO!  About 5 days ago, I was driving when out of nowhere a really warm sensation came over the top of my right thigh. I thought the heat was on in my car, but it wasn't.  It wasn't painful, just strange, so I let it go, but then it reoccured while walking into my kitchen.  I took notice, but it wasn't painful, just this warm sensation.  No muscle cramp, my skin wasn't hot to the touch (i asked my husband to touch my leg).  It's not painful, but it's been happening at least 5 times a day for the past 5 days.  mentioned it to my father who's an MD and he had never heard of the symtoms (symptoms) I described. Been searching the internet "hot leg" "skin on leg, hot" hadn't thought about "warm sensation" but that is an accurate description.  I'm 36, female, active - just ran a marathon back in March and have lost about... well 70 lbs overall since last May (I was pregnant), but more recently lost 18lbs.  Was active before becoming pregnant and overall in good shape.  Seems a lot of people on this site are runners or very active, maybe it has something to do with that.  Gonna make an appointment for a complete physical.  Glad to know I'm not alone in this odd warming of the leg sensation.  Very happy that it's not painful. Hopeful and trusting that it's not a symtom of anything more.  
Mine has come on since pregnancy, i have had lots of other symptoms for a long time but not taken any notice,sensation between shoulder blades,sore ribs, feel like on a boat, eye pain blurred vision, all matching symptoms of fibromyalgia, which is better than what i first thought( thinking MS) I have a nerve test on 16th of May to rule out MS hopefully. I have been taking herbal preparations which have been wonderful, can now walk in straight line , which is a bonus to say the least. Will post results of tests when i get them
5 months ago I started getting muscle twitches all over my body mainly in my arms and legs.  Was referred to a Neurologist after blood work came back normal.  Neurologist did an EMG, Nerve Conduction Study, and a lumbar MRI, and said nothing was wrong besides anxiety from worrying about the condition.  He said the MRI showed some degenerative compression in my lower back?  Three weeks ago started getting burning sensations in my right calf and foot, not painful, but annoying combined with continued muscle twitches, primarily located in my calves and thighs.  26-yo healthy fit male. Any ideas or similar conditions? results?
I have this warm sensation at the back of my left upper thigh all the time for the last 2 days. Some years ago I tore my Hamstring and it felt very similar but this time I donot have any injury please if anyone can enlighten me do so.
Wow! I feel much better now that I've found others have the same issue. I'm 34, female. I've been getting the warm sensation from my left knee down to my foot for the last couple of weeks. I first noticed in the car. I spend about 3 hours a day commuting to work where I spend a good portion of the day at my desk. I also get the sensation while standing, so I'm not sure the sitting has anything to do with it. I take multivitamins & B vitamins when I remember (on average 4 times a week). I have a Dr appointment the end of June...hope she will have some ideas.
I have seemingly floating hot spots from my right groin area as far down my right leg as just above the ankle with each spot being no more than a few inches in diameter at a time.  Not sure what this is, but probably won't be going to the doctor anytime soon.  I am:

31
smoker
don't exercise
6'3", 212 lbs.
unhealthy diet from travel
no medications...ever

I've had a hernia before and may have another one that is separate from this, but it seems to me that it's likely from nerve problems.  Will embark on a yoga regimen, quit smoking, and a reduction in fast food.  Let you know how it goes in a couple of weeks.

I'm interested to know how the neurologist visits went.  My problem is that I know the general practitioner won't have the answer, so will wait to see what the various specialists believe.

Odds are good that it's either nerve issues or a big bad clot.  Seems to be the only two possible diagnoses that I've seen.
i thought i was alone in this - but i guess from all the posts i'm not.
about a week ago i started getting a warm sensation in the lower part of my left leg, just short burst and not at all painful.
So, i thought I'd Google it and found this site.

I'm astonished that there doesn't seem to be anyone able to accurately diagnose or pin-point what this 'condition' is and why its happening... esp. those that are trained in the medical field.

I'm not stressed and work out regularly, and somewhat baffled as this just started happening out of the blue... funnily, i'm typing this and have just felt the warm sensation again.

does anyone have a conclusive explanation of what this is an how it can be alleviated?
Found by google.    
I have been have the same systems BUT cold sensation in my lower back.  I am doing pilates.
Has anyone had COLD sensation???
I will try the B vit & see what happens,  I think it my be the sciatica.

Um, so this is really weird, I'm 28 healthy and got the same problem, in my left foot. What's going on?
I would have replied to this in the women's forum but. . .there wasn't much there.

Okay, here's my deal. In 2003 I was bitten by a tick and got the bullseye. I apparently wasn't treated properly for the lyme disease but felt better and was in the middle of planning a wedding so I figured I was just stressed.

Fast forward to 2006 - I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in November 2005 and by March of 06 I started feeling achy and basically lyme symptoms. I ended up with a pik line for the next few months and IV antibiotics every night. I felt somewhat better. I just wanted it done. MS was brought up as a possible cause since my Mom has it but with my history of the rash they treated me for lyme.

Now in 2007 I have good days and bad with the lyme but now the warm sensations in my legs and arms. Has anyone gotten any definite response from a doctor? I'm going to have to call mine next week which I hate but I need to do something. Is it from the lyme? Is it MS and was it MS all along since the two are often confused with one another? I HATE DOCTORS! but I hate being sick more.
I'm amazed how many people are experiencing almost identical seemingly undiagnosable symptoms. Me too and your descriptions are uncanningly same - vent in the car, warm sensation - mine are exclusively at the moment in my lower left shin. Only thing I have changed recently is started taking multivitamins, garlic and Lysine, so am interested in hypcondriac nz (I presume a fellow kiwi?) who also just  started vitamins - maybe something in that. Not going to bother with Dr. I find they are best only once you are already REALLY sick so am going to talk with naturalist about the vitamins etc i am taking. Would be interested in anyone else's experience with vitamins/herbal etc/ I have been very stressed lately which i see is also a reasonably common factor.  Good luck out there keeping cool and thanks for the solidarity.
had a nerve test to rule out ms on wed, waiting 2 weeks for results. have been taking herbs for the nervous system. i suspect fibromyalgia myself, very achey (achy) sore feet and hands aswell. look up fibro symptoms. herbs have been helping .
I've only had the sensation for 2 days on my upper right thigh. I have no pain associated with it, but I talked to my associate about the warm feeling. She had the same problem except in her left hamstring area that lasted for about 3 years! Off and on of course. Her neurologist told her she needed to strengthen her back muscles. Well, during the course of a light-weight workout, one of her spinal disks burst open. Imagine the pain! She had an emergency surgical fusion of her L3-L4-L5. So, after reading all these comments, I think most of this is related to lower back irregularities with or without pain. I don't have an enormous amount of pain in my lower back, but I have felt 'strain' there. Of course, I attribute that more to my poor posture.. sitting on a non-supportive chair for 50% of the day. Granted, you can strain your back muscle even in a workout without proper form or excess weight. Unfortunately, the only way to really look at spinal irregularities is through X-Rays. I'm sure there are alternatives but probably nothing as definitive. AND.. to add more insult to injury.. not every doctor is going to agree on how much disk bulge someone has unless they can track it properly. Well, X-Rays are not exactly safe to be tracked frequently. I'm not sure if I support spinal manipulation through chiropractic or massage OR just taking a dose of anti-inflammatories just to release some of the pressure. You can aggravate a disk bulge through manipulation, but drugs tend to hide the pain rather than heal it. BUT.. to make my point.. I really think most everyone's problem has to do with the lower back. Finding the treatment I guess depends on the results and severity.
I have the same sensations in the back of my upper thigh. It started about a month ago. It only happens when I'm sitting down, maybe 3-4 times a day. I also have, what can be best described as a minor annoyance, just above my tail bone. No pain or discomfort, just the sensation that some thing's going on there. I'm 6'3" and have always felt a slight stress in my lower back. All of this seems to lead to something going on with the nervous system.

I read about the blood clot theory's on this board and that does make sense to me as I spend a lot of time sitting in a chair, working online. I started taking B vitamins, vitamin E/omega and an aspirin, a blood thinner, daily. After 5 days the warm sensation had gone away with a rare occasional occurrence. I stopped taking the vitamins and aspirin for two days and the warm sensation in my thigh returned with greater frequency than before.

I'm going to continue taking the vitamin/asprin combination for another month, then stop and see what the results are.

I am planning a doctor's visit in the near future.
Yet another recent victim of the hot left leg syndrome. Lower outside of calf first - now seeming to travel up to thigh. i am thinking of emailing this thread to my doctor and see what he says- at least that way he wont think I am certifiable !
I feel exactly like you I am freaking out and anxiety is getting the best of me, I was tested for thyroid 4 years ago and all fine....started having all the same symptoms as you I mean almost all of the same and I was freaking out because of MS , I have bad anxiety not with everything just over my health! and well I started to see a primary care doc and he ran a few neurological tests on me and things were ok then they did an EKG and rhythm strip and al that was fine now I have to go for blood work! to check thyroid again and a couple other things that share the same symptoms but MS freaks me out I am so scared that is what it is! I am only 23 and not ready to have these things happen I think once I get results that I am fine the anxiety will simmer down ALOT!
please keep us updated on your results! thanks for sharing it feels better to know I am not alone with this ****~!
Wow didn't know it was such a common thing. I also have had a warm sensation in my right lower leg mostly in the shin area for a couple of months now. The last few days in has been constant. I have lower back and hip problems since youth. I will give the vitB thing a try. Also my work schedule has been very erratic, work nights sometimes day with alot on the go but has been the same for the past 10 years or so. Maybee a little more stress lately. good luck to all and hopefully its nothing serious.
39male good shape,drink modereately,don't smoke
is everyone here a guy? im a girl but I also have been getting this warm sensation  on my left calf and I've been getting it for about a week 2-3x a day and i also do check my temp and is the same both sides and is right where the calf begins from the bottom. and I've been trying to get more info and all I got was this page and wow it's a lot of people with the same thing. good to know im not crazy. but i'll keep searching i'll be back.
hi there everyone - i know this is a mens forum but i found it on google.

i have a warm snsation as everyon describes in my foot and across my chest.

im female - 31 yrs - recently started going to the gym.

I have got other problems at present ie a hard lymph node in back of neck which is enlarged and has been for 5 months at least, i get severe headaches to and night sweats where i can wake up wet with sweat.

Well ive just had loads of blood tests done because i have symptoms of non hodgkins lymphoma.

it  would make sense to me that if end up having NHL that the heat sensations in my foot and chest are from something another guy discussed on here about your body getting hot and then producing sweat from it. Although i to am having my thyroid checked so it could be thyroid disease to.

either way its a wierd feeling - i live in the uk not usa and so will see my doc again next thursday for blood test results - im also being refered to a specialist in lymph nodes.
i get night sweats too, have low thyroid,(borderline) i think mine is fibromyalgia, have alook at symptoms and see if you match them
. worth a look
Sorry i did not see that your message was to me. I have calmed down about it all now. I dont think i have MS any more, but it did freak me out. Bit of postnatal depression aswell ithink. Try to keep calm tho as anxiety affects our physical as well as mental state. My test results are due back this week so will let all know the result of nerve test.  I have general body stiffness, lots of headaches that start inthe shouldrs and tiredness that comes on suddenly, rib pain, stabbing pains, twitches and buzzings . Ring a bell with you?
Hi There! I too Googled and came up with this forum. I am a 45 year old female and have the same warm wet feeling in my right outer calf. The first time it happened to me was over a year ago. I was so convinced that a dog was peeing on my leg that I actually stepped back away from the dog and checked to see if my pant leg was wet! I have had some medical issues such as fibromyalgia and high blood pressure but other than that I am healthy. I have been to a doctor, a chiropractor and have had physical therapy to help alleviate these strange symptoms in my leg but nothing has helped. The past few months has proven to be difficult. The warm sensations are increasing and now I have noticed restless leg syndrome in my right leg. The other problem that has developed is plantar fasciitis in my right foot. I have had a cortisone shot in my heel which has helped my foot but the warm sensations continue in my leg. My doctor has told me that all my tests are normal, there is nothing to worry about and believe it or not these symptons are not related. Has anyone else suffered with similar symptoms?
For the past week my left big toee has been experiencing hot sensations that would make me look to see if I stepped on something hot.  Very weird, on the lighter said my friend said try toecain....ok not funny, since I don't smoke, drink or do drugs.  In March 2000 I had my third child (rough pregnancy on several meds to stop pre-labor) In 2001 I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis....my symptoms with that is a cough the produces a ball of yuk usually in the mornings, night sweats, JOINT PAIN that jumps around, blurred vision or visual changes, etc, my treatment was prednisone and I gained 75 lbs that I have not been able to drop.  I also have acid reflux for which I took prevacid, thats in good shape rightnow.  For the last month or so, I have been getting a weird pain under my left arm pit and sometmes shooting down the arm.  Irecently did a five hour flight on the 19th and 5 hour return on the 23rd.  It seems thats when the hot toe started heating up, rather standing, sitting or walking.  My left eye has been twitching since then also.  My job is stressful, marriage ain't easy, m finances are stressful, and I lost my Mom a year ago and most recently 4 other relatives/closefriends....I am for sure streesssssinn.  I recently purchased well yesterday I picked up CoQ10 and a Centrum multivitamin....today I will get some B/Omega something and I scheduled an appointment to see my doctor.

I am a bit lost on this one, but will follow up with what I find

I am a 41 year old african american women
overweight by 75lbs
sarcoidosis
murmur
suffer from constipation...no one mentioned this
I noticed many are 411 or in the 40 zone
all the best and talk soon
Hi All...

I went online the other day to look up "warming sensation in lower leg" and I came across this website.  I was surprised to find that a lot of people get this sensation and don't know what it is.  

I am a 27yr. old female and I started to get this sensation about 2 weeks ago.  It was and still is the weirdest thing.  I get the warming sensation in the back of my right calf and around my right foot (top of foot and right side of ankle).  I can't explain the warming other than that it feels warm for a few seconds and then goes away.  I have noticed thought that it's been happening more often as each day passes.  It doesn't hurt and it doesn't happen in the left leg.  

I'd really like to know what this is and if it's symptoms to something else.  I will e-mail my doctor to see what she says.  I will post a reply if anything comes from this.  Apparently this isn't just something that happens to men but also to women.  

c
I too have had this weird warmn sensation on my left shin...it appeared out of no where. I have had it for a few weeks and I can think of nothing that I have changed. Confused and worried...any help would be nice :)
I think... I am a 43 yo female who started having the "warm pee down the left calf" feeling for the past 5 days or so.  I don't take any medication except 81mg of aspirin to prevent heart disease.  I am very healthy.  I have however been doing alot more walking and climbing than normal AND more sitting in one spot than normal.  

I have been travelling by jet and train for the past 3 weeks.  My feet hurt like hell.  Try this:  very lightly with your finger brush over the area where you feel the warm pee feeling.  When I do this, I feel a tingle in my feet!  It is definately nerve related.  I also have a compressed L5 disk and have been carried heavy items lately.  For those of you with a more sinister outlook, I have been in many airports and have had all my gear from shampoo and clothes and toothpaste xrayed many times.  I have also been exposed to ultra violet sun rays (radiation).  I am sure it is not related to that however.  Those symptoms will likely take a few more years to appear.

Please let me know if there is some similarity here for you all.  
Wow, I too am relieved that I found kindred spirits online.

I am a 24 year old male, and I am 390 lbs, 6'1", diabetic, and have had lower back problems for years.

I recently started walking a mile a day and taking multivitamins. I also take 325 mg of Aspirin a day and Avandia to control my blood sugar.

The thing that makes me believe this isn't anything more than a pinched nerve is the fact that I hurt my back today...and had trouble walking my mile walk...and I didn't have trouble yesterday. I mean it was physically demanding for me to make it whereas yesterday I just felt a little winded but otherwise fantastic.

It's funny...I'm trying to lose weight...and in the meantime something else goes wrong with my body. What a cruel fate.
I'm so happy to find others with this same complaint.......warm sensation from back of left thigh down leg, thinking the seat heater was on, numbness in left foot, occasional pain under left armpit.  I am 52, under some stress, but take a mulltivitamim every day (have for many years). It doesn't sound like anyone is getting much help from their physician.  This is making me a little nuts.  I do get migraines, but not in conjunction with warm feeling.

I will keep checking this site and hope for answers...anyone think it could have anything to do with shingles??
Add another person to the list.  I occasionally get a feeling of warm liquid flowing down my right upper thigh to just above the knee.  Then I get a warm feeling above my toes on the right foot. It all comes once or twice a day and lasts for 20-30 seconds.  Occasionally I get a warm feeling around the left ankle as well.

I haven't changed my routine in a long time.  
Occasional exercise.  Age 52. 6'0", 190 lbs.
Reasonable diet.  Non-smoker.  Not on any medications
Spend a lot of time sitting at a desk during the work day, but that's been the routine for a long time.
No back pain or problems.  Not diabetic.  General good health.

I'm just amazed that we have this common warm fluid like feeling and no one's had a decent diagnosis.

Guess I'll stay tuned.
I am so happy to hear I'm not the only one. I've had the same symptoms....warmth in back of left thigh, thinking the seat heater might be on, the feeling of warm water running down my leg.  The last 2 days the warm feeling has covered my whole leg, even when I'm lying down, and it hasn't gone away.   I'm going to make an appointment with my physician, but after reading this, I don't have much hope for an easy answer.

I am:
52/ female
non-smoker
daily vitamin
am exercising less due to heel spurs
sit at the computer
no medications, except Advil for occasional migraines
under stress due to an upcoming move

Any answers would be appreciated.
Hello, I'm another one for the list.  

Out of interest, does anyone else sit with one leg crossed over the other ?  I have always known it's bad for circulation but do it anyway, and I always cross my right leg over my left leg. The right leg is the one with the warm feeling, from ankle to knee.
I'm just another to add to this LONG list.  I have been having these feelings in my upper outside left leg, between my hip and knee.  I have this rash on the back of my leg that my dr. thought might be a vascular problem.  He checked my blood pressure, 112/80 so that was fine.  He took some blood and told me to see a dermatologist.  Went to the derma. told me it was just some type of dermatitis and gave me some cream to apply twice a day.  It's still there but does look a little different.  My white blood count came back low as did a few other things.  I then started with this warm feeling in my leg.  I am going to a hematologist this week and maybe will get some answers. I did read somewhere that the rash could be a sign of MS also along with the low blood count.  Dr. is hopeing it's just anemia, usually that involves low red blood count but since my iron is in the normal range but at the low end and so was my hemaglobin, hopefully just anemia!!

Hope we all find an easy solution to what ailes us!  

Take care everyone I'll let you know if I get a different answer than some of the others.  I'm a female too by the way, couldn't find anything on this for women.
I am a 46 yr old female who experienced a warm sensation running down the outside of my right lower leg. It happened for about 3 weeks and kept getting worse every day. Finally I had my partner massage exactly where the sensation occurred. I had him massage it very hard and by the 2nd day it had completely gone and hasnt come back and its been about a month. I suggest you guys try it, maybe its just a muscular thing.  Hope this helps.
Sorry Guys, don't mean to invade your space... I am really searching for answers on this.. Apparently, it happens to males and females alike.. I have experienced a warm sensation in the left "groin" area for some time now.. thinking Oh Lord, we really do fall apart after 35 and would instantly hold myself thinking I was wetting and didnt know it.. I was sure relieved each time to find that I wasnt wetting.. :o) It is just a warm feeling, that now travels down the inside of my left thigh.. I am here because, I too, never said anything to anyone, but it is now raising a concern to me, so I thought I would look for possible answers. I am so shocked to see so many people experiencing this mysterious sensation, for so long!! It amazed me to see this post going on since January! Has anyone been able to get a confirmed diagnosis?
Wow! I was afraid it was just me. Glad to see so many other people are experiencing this! Cold, wet sensation on the bottem of my right foot, (the same side I keep my wallet). I thinnk I'm going to try and take some of these misc cards, etc out to see if that works.
Just an update....I have had this for over a week and it now encompasses my entire leg, hip and side. Instead of just the warm feeling now the whole area is numb   I saw a neurologist today and have a thoracic and brain MRI scheduled for 6-21......  will let you all know.
The warm water flowing down my right thigh sensation started a few days ago.  It is occuring several times a day regardless of activity.  About a year ago, I started having a burning, aching pain in my hands and arms.  It lasted about 2 months, went away several months, returned in Dec for roughly 2 months, then gone again.  Yes, now its back again.  It just started back a few weeks ago.  Now that I'm having the water flowing sensation, I wonder if all of this is nerve related.  The pains I'm having in my arms and hands are painful, the water flowing is painless.  I went to the doctor about the hand pains, not the water thing.  She is clueless.  My blood work has been negative and I did have the nerve test done which was also negative.  I am relatively healthy but am feeling very much like a hypochondriac.  Is ther anyone out there that is having these burning, pins and needle like pains in addition to the water flowing sensations??  
In addition to these feelings, I feel like my body aches all the time.  I tend to get stiff if I sit or lay down too long.  I am also extrememly tired and have experienced some dizziness.
Anyone have any ideas of whats going on with me???
Finally, some information about this odd symptom!  I am a 49-year-old female who occasionally gets the "water-pouring-down-the-right-calf" sensation.  I think I'll try the B-complex vitamins and see what happens.
yep, all the pins needles,aching joints, tiredness is exactly the same for me, getting results for nerve test tomorrow, have been watching this forum for sometime, have a read of my entries and see if any rings a bell for you. get really dizzy sore burning feet , stiff hands, headaches, twitches etc
My "hot" sensation is in the same spot everytime. . . outer left ankle.  About 4 years ago, I got this rash on my left elbow.  It looks awful.  Dermatoligist said "anuloma granulare" AKA "don't know what it is & don't know how to treat it"  He gave me medical "tape" to apply to the area.  In the last two years, the rash is on the top of my left foot & still elbow.  8 weeks ago, I had oral surgery with an IV inserted on the right hand.  "Phlebitis" It's like I have a cord for a vein.  

For the last 6 weeks, HOT ANKLE.  In the beginning--only once every few days.   Now, several times a day.  Very strange.  Hmmmm
Hey all!!  I went to the dr. this past week to get my blood work checked.  I had a lot of low counts, CBC (white blood cells), hemoglobin, etc.  All were up, not normal yet but up.  I asked the dr. if she knew anything about this warm thing.  Immediately she said it was nerve related.  I had a  herniated disk and two fusions done last April on 4, 5 and 6, on my neck.  I have had some stiffness in the middle of my arms at night and in the mornings.  My hands fall asleep at night all the time.  My feet are so sore and stiff in the mornings or if I sit for awhile that I look like I'm about 90 when I start to move.  THIS SUCKS!!!  I have been a dancer since I was 3 and have taught for over 30 years, I'm 46 by the way.  I just always attributed my aches and pains (which by the way I never had any until the past few years, did I mention that this SUCKS!) from dancing for so long.  Coming here has made me feel better, that's bad isn't  it, that knowing others are suffering with the same symptoms makes me feel better!  SORRY!!  I too get dizzy sometimes.  It's so weird that we all have so many of the same symptoms but no one knows what it is we have.  I'm calling my regular dr. on Monday, who happens to be an orthopedic (sp) specialist.   I've been trying to write down when and how often I have this sensation.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.   It was only when I sat down, now it's when I stand too.  So far it doesn't seem to happen when I'm laying down which does lead me to believe it has to do with my back.  YAK!!  I also keep touching my leg thinking that it is going to feel warm and it's so weird when it isn't!

Everyone who is having tests and what not, keep us informed.  

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!    
Felt compelled to add to the statistics.  I am a 27yo female and I get the warm liquid sensation in my left heel area only.  When this happens, I touch my heel expecting to feel warmer skin but it is always a normal temperature.  It lasts a few seconds and has been happening more and more frequently over this past week.

I noticed some one big similarity while reading through all the posts: high or recently increased levels of exercise activity in healthy individuals.  Posture may also be a big factor for me.  I am going to try warming up more before exercise, to limit any injury to my lower back.  I will also try better posture when sitting and not cross my legs so much.
Camel, did you get your nerve test results back?  Was it am EMG test?  I noticed in your previous comments that this was a test to "rule out MS."  I didnt know there was such a test!   Cant wait to hear the reults, hope everything is ok!
hello,  the dr did not have my results, and i was told they were threr anyway, the test is where they attach sensors to your head and send nerve impulses to see how long it takes to get from one point to another, the dr wants to see me in 2 weeks, and has done another thyroid blood test and should get results in2 weeks also. been wobbly this week and more warm sensations than usual. had a migraine also this week which knocks me out for a day . will keep you all posted anyhow. take care
On the outside of right lower leg from knee to ankle...started about five days ago.  At first a few times a day.  Now it comes and goes more frequently...several times each hour.  Wierd...hope someone finds an answer.
I found this thread after searching for my symptom as well.  For about a week, I have felt a warm sensation on my left ankle down to the top of my foot.  It's a strange feeling, like my skin should be hot, but it's not.  I read all of the posts and in that time, it happened 3 times.  Finding that so many others have the same experience calms my nerves a little as I assumed that contacting a doctor would get me nowhere.  I am 25, female, non-smoker, non-drinker, desk job, just started dieting and exercising more.  I take no medications or vitamins.  I think I'll try taking some B vitamin and see if I notice a difference.

Thanks for all your help!
34 year old female
good health

Started with the warm fluid feeling
in my left leg yesterday. This occured
about 7-8 times. Twice already today.
Not a big exerciser but do walk about
3x's week for an hour.
Just an update....had an MRI on my brain and thoracic spine last week....brain scan normal, spine had two small cysts, but the doctor doesn't feel that they would be causing the warm sensation/numbness in leg and side.  More tests scheduled next week.  The neurologist says it's very confusing, but something is going on. Hope to get to the bottom of this soon.  Will check back in if anything shows up.
Further to my initial posting, saw my doctor who I rate as absolutely first class. He said although this is a presenting symptom of MS, it is extremely unlikely tah at one would INITIALLY present with this before such horrors as vision problems etc...He is almost sure it is not a serious problem. he says it is a nerve situation which almost definitlely comes from a lower back issue. He offered me an MRI to be sure but frankly, I am now relaxed about it. Collective sigh of relief ?
I think there is a correlation with taking a multi vitamin and the warm sensation.  I have recently started taking a daily multi-vitamin and started feeling the sensation shortly after starting taking the vitamin.  I have read all the posts and think there is a connection.  Any thoughts on what the cause may be?

Thanks!
For me, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the vitamin.  I have taken a multi-vitamin every night for many years and this just started a few months ago.I can't speak for anyone else, though.
Hi I found this site and was surprised at how may people also have felt the warn sensations in there feet and legs.  Does anyone have blurred vision?  I've noticed the past few months that in my right eye my vision is blurry.
im a 20 yaer old male i also have been getting these symptomsstarts at my knee and works its way down like warm water altho mine has been hapenning for about 2 days now and has not stoped i think it may have something to do with my acid reflux haert burn but still an answer would be good and waether it should be a worry.
went to drs yesterday, nerve test results were ok, so no nerve damage eg from MS. However my thyroid test came back  and levels have declined considerably in 2 months so has put me on thyroxine which is for life. Warm sensations have been very frequent and all over my body this last couple of weeks, also very wobbly and unbalanced. And refering to previous comment i have had blurred vision which has been checked by optician who cannot find any problem. I do not wear or need glasses. Lets see if thyroid drugs help with any of these symptoms.
I still have the warm sensations and wanted comment on an earlier post.  I, too, have blurred vision.  I have always had good vision.  Haven't gone to the dr. yet though.

37 yr old Female
healthy
Two things we all have in common:  temporary warm sensation, and we use the Internet.

Just kidding, I think.  I, too, fell onto this site and am amazed that so many people have the sympton in their left leg (including me).  I've noticed some blurred vision recently, too.  My "warmness" (I liken it to someone putting a silent hair dryer onto my leg) happens a few times a day and has been going on for about 10 days now.  It generally is in the middle-front of the lower leg but sometimes seems to migrate toward the anke.  I had a cancerous kidney removed in April and was mostly concerned about a bone cancer symptom...doesn't seem likely based on websites.  Worry about MS...worry about everything!  I take a daily vitamin, fish oil, prinivil and dyazine for blood pressure, Flomax, Prevacid and potassium supplement.  60-year-old male who had been pretty healthy up until cancer diagnosis.  Doctors think it was contained to kidney; a November MRI will provide some reassurance, I hope.  I'm going to talk to my primary care doc about this new sympton and will post any meaningful learnings.

Maybe it's something the aliens are doing to us.  :)      
Just did a search in google for the sensation ive been having and found this discussion.
Over the last couple of weeks Ive been getting a sensation of warm water running down my calf mussle on the inside of my right leg, always in the same place.  It happens a lot when Im in bed and I found myself checking a lot to make sure i hadnt peed myself!  That is exactly what it feels like.
It is now happening to me approx every 1 or 2 hours.  Im not worried about it or anything but was just curious to see what might have been causing it.

27 Fairly Healthy Male
I noticed that you are having problems with your thyroid,  I've just been diagnoised with Hypothyroid disorder with very high levels of thyroid antibodies.  15 years ago doctors were concerened that I possibly had MS.  I started having tingling sensations all over my body,  I went to a neurologist and they put down possible diagnosis of MS.  I had a MRI and nothing was detected they wanted me to have a spinal tap but the symptoms went away and I just blew it off.  Now 15 years later I'm having all these strange symptoms.  Did you get diagnoised with MS?  
It's really hard to believe there's no solid answer to this strange medical mystery.  My hot spots move around now, sounds strange I know, Started on my leg around my ankle, has moved to my upper leg, my buttocks, forearms and back of the neck. I'm have an appointment with  a neurologist in a week or so.  There has to be an answer. I have noticed I am alittle depressed now, I don't know if thats because I'm worried because I don't know what is the cause or if the despression is a symptom of what ever it is I have.  I'm sick if this hot feeling, it's been going on for clsoe to three months now.
I will post  an update after I see the neurologist.
hmmm has anny one had a cold or anny other sickness lately like in the past couple of weeks. or roll pieces of paper fidget or shake ther leg when ther sitting or nervouse.
after lookin up some stuff on ms its hard to rule it out but sites do not give much if anny information on how long it takes to spread. storys by people say its takes yaers and its very rare that it will do anny seriouse dammage people usualy live full lives and only 25-30% of people with ms end up in a whell chair the most u will need is a cain or walking stick. jus dont be affraid to go see a doctor incase its ms or wat u have seen in google image or on sites about ms the images and sites are usualy focused on the more seriouse and rare casses of ms. ms symptoms have lots to do with the nervouse system but then a common cold has symptoms related to the nervouse system stress depresion has a lot to do with the nervous system everything doese thats why its so hard to get an answer or find how to stop it.just dont stress over it after all it could be that stress causing it.
56 yr.old female. have fibromyalgia and depression, anxiety issues. I have been going to a gym 2 - 3 times a week for two years and have a fairly healthy diet but no weight loss. I am getting the warm feeling in my right thigh and it also feels sort of numb when this happens. Just today it seems like it is moving down my leg. I take a variety of supplements on advice from naturopath and have been taking them for quite a while. I had been kind of lax on taking Omega3 (which really helps the depression) and have started back on a regular basis. I just started taking ALA and CLA to kick start my metabolism. So far not a lot of change. Going to osteopath and naturopath this week so will maybe find out more. The thyroid aspect is interesting as I do think mine is low. One way to tell is to take your tempature every morning before getting out of bed; chart it on a graph for a week or so. If it is lower than 37C or 98.6F then the metabolism is low. But this doesn't always show up on regular bloodwork doctors order. I'll let you know what happens at the doc's this week.
hey, to put all of you worried about ms minds at rest. i had a nerve test result showing no signs of nerve damage. Ifreaked out when i thought there was an ms link. Now i have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism i am hoping that these warm sensations is part of it. this may come apparent after a few weeks of taking thyroxin so need to wait and see on that one. i too have looked into fibromyalgia and know of someone who has self diagnosed themselved with it, they toohave these warm sensations. Fibromyalgia is a syndrome and does not appear to be degenarative and a far nicer option than ms.  i too have also been depressed but this is also link to low thyroid. i hope this helps some of you
Had the very same issue described almost exactly as many if not most people above and was quite worried since it was a bit unnerving.  I have since had a physical and talked about it quite a bit with my doctor, who was pretty much convinced it was likely an irritated nerve or sciatic-related.

I had it for about 2 weeks but the onset really did coincide with a pretty big ramp up in strenuous physical activity from my normal routine (i.e. shoveling, wheel barrows, lifting, etc. - full on construction work I don't do very often) so the explanation seemed plausible - - especially since it has subsided since that amount of exertion is over with for now.  I have a feeling I probably did tweak something and I have a history of having had an inflamed disc every now and then but I will admit that this was totally different than that.

I had full bloodwork done because I was quite worried about some of the related suggestions here but outside of needing to work on my cholesterol along with most of America there was nothing irregular to correlate to what we are talking about here.

I won't tell people not to worry because it was quite unnerving but I will advise you to consider if you've had any sudden or sustained changes in exertion or physicality.  Nerve issues can be wacky and they are all interconnected so something to consider and I thought I would share some of the peace of mind I've gained since I first came here (especially after seeing a few posts from people saying how they just started working out hard, doing new work etc.).

Good luck all.
Hope this helps....I wrote in a few times, had normal MRIs on my brain and thoracic spine, normal abdominal CT scan and normal EMG.  My physician has now pretty much decided that it has to do with some sort of virus in my spine.....possibly transverse myelitis.  This seems to make some sense to me. In answer to some of you who asked about a recent cold, I had a severe sinus infection and was under a lot of stress leading up to the onset of symptoms.  My entire left leg, foot and side under my breast started out with the crazy warm feeling and then became numb.  That was a little over 3 weeks ago and is just now starting to subside. I am adding a link to a site that might help.  Everything doesn't match up for me, but I guess it's a possibility.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/transversemyelitis/detail_transversemyelitis.htm#85293234
kk i went to the doctors and they said ther prety sure its not seriousebut if the symptoms got worse over 24 hours i had to have an mri went home passed out in bed and woke up i felt a lot better went to my local doctor he said an mri was not needed and it was most probabl;y just a pinched nerve and it should be completely gone in a couple days turns out this feeling is very commonand 80% of americans go for a pinched nerve chek up ever yaer so im prety reasured and feeling much better but if u get blured vision weekness in limbs or numbness contact yr doctor again could be a loose disc or pinched nerve nothing some meds for a week wont fix hope that helps =].
Hi, I was searching for something like this; Last summer someone told me to spray ammonia on my mosquitos bites and so I did. Well I kept having these wierd sensations in my legs etc..warm blood feel or something.
Anyway- I was scared ; well I finally figured out what was more than likely my problem- putting the ammonia on my bites! Don't know if anyone else is doing this...I stopped it wasn't worth it to me. I was searching for answers as summertime again...and my inlaw said to use ammonia and I was like no, that can't be healthy...and he got cocky and said something so then I remembered why I thought it wasn't healthy...the warm blood feeling- so I mentioned it; and he was like interesting...as he is very much about being healthy and how bad all drugs are for you etc etc...so just thought i'd pass along. I am pretty young so that was wierd to feel what I thought was my blood warming up
I'v been having lower back pain for about five months now. I also been having sharp pain running down my left leg and up in the rear and in the vaginal area. I cant stand for to long or sit with out it hurtting. Went to the doctor and he said that it was my sciatic nerve and he sent me to have physical therapy. I'v been doing physical therapy for two months now and im not getting any better.I'v been taking meds to help like - Ibuprofen, vicodin and flexerfil  its a musle relaxer. I still have alot of pain and two weeks ago i felt a warm feeling go down both of my legs at the same time . A week ago i got out of bed and i dropped to my knees and my left arm went numb and my fingers on my left hand were bent. Then two days after that it happend again. i went to the doctor and he said that hes going to send me to a spine specialist. I told him i wanted a MRI and he said the speicalist would do that. I left his office and went to see another doctor and he said i need to see a neurologist. I go to have a MRI on monday . I hope to get the answers i need. I will update soon as i know anything.
Hi Everyone,

I too have been experiencing this warm sensation in my left leg.  I tried the vitamin B thing, but it didn't work.  I have also had some burning and numbness in my left leg, joint pain in my left arm/wrist, warm sensations in the back of my head and mild muscular type chest pains and heart palpitations.  I paid for a private MRI, (in Canada it can take 6 months to get in) and they found some very early degnerative changes at the L5/S1 level.  Doctor couldn't figure it out, but thought MS, so referred me to a neurologist.  I had the EMG done today and everything appeared normal.  I asked him about MS, he said, he didn't think so and was on the low end of what he was thinking.  He said these warm sensations that everyone is getting is from some type of nerve irritation - the hard part is finding out what is irritating the nerve.  In my case, he doesn't know yet, so is sending me for a contrast MRI to see if there is any irritation of the sciatic nerve.  Anyhow, he did say not to worry about MS. Thinks my heart palpitations and chest pain are completely unrelated.  Hope this helps everyone a little bit.  I will repost once the neurologist sees me again.  Hopefully everyone here figures it out soon!

p.s. I take Naproxen as needed and it seems to work well, so for those of you who think it may be back related, might want to try it out.
if so many people are experiencing the same sensation of burning; my left back calf; it must be normal to some extent or enviornmental?

Hi everyone. I saw my osteopath today and as soon as I described the sensation in my leg she was nodding her head; she knew right away.  It's called LATERAL FEMORAL CUTANEOUS NERVE COMPRESSION. It comes from pressure on the front part of the Lingual ligament due to pelvic rotation ont the nerve sensation side. I didn't remember all that! She wrote it down for me so I could tell all of you. Osteopathy doctors were more common in the United States until, I think, the 1920's; they are covered under the U.K.'s health system and other countries at well tho' not Canada. They are probably less expensive and less intrusive than M.D.'s. I'm sure you can find out more on the web. The Canadian site has short video clips explaining the way they work. No machines, no drugs etc. My osteopath has had this problem for years and at one time a neurologist said it wasn't time for surgery yet; she hasn't had surgery at all. The neurologist was talking about cutting a nerve!
Hope this helps someone..... anymore questions please post here and I will get back to you........
Bish72
Cannot believe I found this topic by accident after spending so much time trying to find anything out about it.  About 2 years ago, I had general anesthesia and was plagued for 2 months afterwards with regular, recurring sensations as if very warm wax was spilled on me -- sometimes on my scalp, or behind my ear or on my calves.  I called my doctor right away thinking it was a side effect of the anesthesia.  He said it was unrelated and I had to wait it out without an answer, but it finally went away.  Six months ago I had to undergo surgery again and the anesthesiologist visited with me prior and asked if I had had any trouble with anesthesia.  I told him about the symptoms and he said it sounded like muscle trauma.  He said that the operating table is tilted quite a bit head down for the surgery I had had and that because I was unconscious my head would just hang in an uncomfortable position without me being aware of it and would cause my muscles to have prolonged strained positions.  He said he would be very careful to support my head with pillows during the second operation and see if we could avoid any more of the wet, hot sensations, and sure enough, I never had another recurrence.

So many of the posts I just read mentioned exercise or strain and having relief from B vitamins, massage, and rest or just mentioned that the doctor had mentioned nerves being pinched or muscles strained.  You all have put my doubts to rest.  Thanks for posting.
Yet another victim of WLCS (Warm Left Calf Syndrome) here. :-) At first, it freaked me out to see the army of dozens of people with similar symptoms (I'm also in my mid-thirties and male, which seems to be quite common as well). But I think a recent poster's explanation makes sense - I do have lower back issues, so maybe it's connected to that. Of course, I also have plenty of stress, so maybe it's the B-vitamin thing. I don't think it's a blood clot, as long as a previous poster's explanation that clots are usually quite painful and protruding is accurate. If anyone else gets a solid diagnosis, please post it here!

Hi, I'm 54, in excellent health, work out and jog 3-4 times a week, non-smoker.  But I broke my right little toe in early April.  Tied it to a buddy toe and it healed in about a month. Six weeks after the break I resumed my exercize.  Just about two weeks ago now I started having a strong warm sensation on my right front thigh, almost constant. Since I had also sensed some strange discomfort in the length of the leg while running, I presume all this has to do with my toe accident. May go to doc, don't know.  Thought this might throw more light (or confusion) on the topic.  
One lilttle over a month ago I started experiencing the sensation that someone was pouring warm liquid on my right outer calf. I found your comments then tried a multivitamin and after 3-4 days, this sensation went away. All the same, I called my 1-800 health line and they suggested I see a doctor right away. I went to an urgent health care clinic and the doctor said it was either something neurological or a pinched nerve. I was also experiencing additional symptoms like dizziness and blurred vision in one eye so the doctor said I needed to go see a regular doctor to be further examined. The doctor ordered an MRI and it was discovered that I had a brain tumor. 2 weeks later I had surgery and a week and a half post surgery I am almost fully recovered.
I'm not saying that if you are experiencing this warm liquid on the leg sensation that you have a brain tumor, I'm just saying that if you're having additional symptoms, your body is trying to tell you something and you should speak to a doctor about it. I spoke to 3 doctors about this and none had ever heard of this warm liquid sensation. I haven't taken any multivitamins since the surgery and the warm liquid sensation has not returned.  
Most likely the problem you all are experiencing is just a nerve being stimulated.  Once a nerve is stimulated it releases its energy in the form of heat.  The muscle is incapable of producing this type of sensation.  There is no cause for alarm unless the sensation is accompanied with numbness.  Then you might have problems.  A numerous amount of causes could excite the nerve to produce this feeling like an old injury (not fully rehabilitated), exercise, and spinal tension, ect.  There is not much you can do besides cool the area with an ice pack to relieve the discomfort.  Your body should heal its self over time.  I am not a doctor, just a personal trainer in the Chicago land area.  But I have dedicated my life towards learning how the body works and the best way to work the body.  If the symptoms become more serious then I would have some scans done and get multiple opinions.
I typed 'sensation of hot water' in Dogpile and ended up here. However, my odd sensations are not in my legs, but on the outside of my EARS!  This evening I was walking across the lawn, suddenly got very dizzy, then felt as though hot water was being poured over both ears. The dizziness has (thankfully) subsided, but I seem to be getting warm 'bursts' on my ears every 10-15 minutes now (mostly on the left). Anyone else experiencing this? (I do have hypothyroidism, hypopituitarism, and Cushings - all fairly well controlled; I've never experienced anything like this before.)
hey there all, im 22 healthy male and like many of you guys and gals have started to train more vigorously than i had been previously. Ive got exactly the same sensations in my right foot towards and around my toes, they arrive sporadically throughout the day (about 5 or more times) for around 2-5 seconds.

Looking at the posts, the thing that strikes me is that the vast majority of posters are healthy and train/exercise regulaly or have just started to. I would not expect nearly so much continuity normally so this has to be a clue. I will be trying the vitamin B supplement and if that fails look at my lower back as a the problem and visit my doctor. I'll post back if i find anything.
Hi all, I too was very surprised to find so many others experiencing this same strange sensation that I have been having for the past month -   intermittent warm sensations on my upper inner right thigh.  It's been driving me crazy.  I've asked many of my friends if they have ever felt anything like this and they have never heard of such a thing.  As is typical with all others that have posted, I on the contrary have not started any new exercise regiment.  However, I do recall that the day before I first experienced this sensation I had been on my feet most of the day.  I am prone to think that it is muscle related after reading most of the other posts, especially the one or two right above my post.  I went to my doctor for a physical and mentioned it to him, he simply stated that he had never heard of this sort of complaint.  I am a woman, 46 years old and in pretty good health.  He thought it might related to varicose veins, but since I have none that ruled that out.  After visiting quite a few sites trying to find some reason behind this problem, I did find a site which mentioned DVT, deep vein trombosis, which translates to a blood clot deep in the veins of one's legs.  As I am a paranoid person and tend to self diagnosis myself too many times, I have an appointment tomorrow with a vascular doctor.  I spoke to the nurse who answered the phone and she reassured me that she receives many calls a day with this complaint.  However, not all are confirmed DVT cases.  I'm going just for peace of mind.  I promise to post back and let all of you know what I find out.  I know that many others have posted with the promise of getting back to everyone, but I haven't seen anything regarding those comments.  I will get back.
Hi everyone, as promised, I am getting back.  I went to the vascular specialist this morning and he reassured me that the heat sensation which I believe all of us are experiencing is due to some nerve or muscle situation, as has been mentioned before.  I just needed reassurance from a professional whom I trust.  In my situation, I have a few extra poundage which he said is likely to be straining my thigh muscle.  Also, I work as a teacher's aide for special ed children so therefore, I am sitting on the floor with these children most of the days and when I am not on the floor, I sit in almost toddler-sized chairs which is contributing to my muscle problems.  I feel better since the doctor's visit, when in doubt, follow-up with a doctor, it will truly ease your mind.  He was very comforting and even though I told him that I have been visiting multiple sites this past month imagining the worst, he told me that undue worry will only rob us of precious time.  Let's save the worries for when they are truly warranted.  Hope everyone's situation is as easily resolved as mine.  I wish I had called him a month ago to ease my mind.  I wasted some really nice summer days worrying about this.  Good luck to all of you.
Hello there..i have been suffering from this hot sensation on my left foot for a while now..almost like someone is pouring something hot over my foot....it seems to come and go..i can have it for a couple of weeks..then nothin for a month or so..then it returns..it only lasts a few seconds..theres no pain..but it is quite annoying..i have been lookin online for a few months now to find out what it might be..and have found nothing..then i stumbled across this site yesterday and thought i must do something about it..i have just visited my doctor and explained the situation to him..he has said that its all due to the lower back pain i suffer now and again and that is causing neuralgia down my leg and to my foot..the muscles in my lower back have gone into spasm and trapped a nerve.....he has given me some declofenac anti-inflammatory tablets to ease the pain in my back and hopefully stop the heat sensation..he said if that doesnt work..he will refer me to see an ostiopath..hope this helps :-)
So glad to find this. I'm 23 years old, I exercise regularly, and on the way home from the gym it felt like something was dripping down the back of my left shin. I can still feel it right now. Knowing I'm not alone on this makes me feel like at least I'm not crazy.
anny one have piercings on the affected side of the body?
Hello Everyone; I have been experiencing the same thing for about two weeks now.  I mentioned it to a co-worker and she found this website.  Fantastic!!!  I will be making a dr. appointment to see what is going on.  I have the warm sensation going from my left inner thigh out - when it first happened, I thought I must have leaked and I kept feeling myself to see if I was wet.  I recently had surgery (hemorroids (hemorrhoids) removed) and I thought maybe it was from the Q-pump that they put in me (it numbs the area directly).  However, I too have been experiencing blurry vision and I have been on thyroid medication for over 10 years.  At first I thought I was imagining things, but it happens quite often throughout the day.... good to know that I'm not the only one.  When  and "if" I find out more, I will drop a note.
Soooo glad that I'm not alone. 43 year old female, chronic headaches and migraines, arthritis, underactive thyroid. Wondering if the thyroid has anything to do with this wetness sensation!! Mine started about 5 years ago on the right side of my head - like a wet sponge and e1 thought I was totally out to lunch - now it happens mostly on the left side like e1 else, along with the heat.  So I get the wetness like someone is peeing down my foot or leg, then heat to dry it up too (stupid humor eh?)  Seriously, we  cannot be all hypocondriacs can we!! There's something going on here.  I think a doctor needs to read these entries, (I'll even print it off for him!!) if he has anything to say, I'll let e1 know.  In the interm, good health to e1 and feel better soon, Cheers.
Viewing 1-200 comments: