periodic warm sensation in lower left leg
For the past 2 days I have a very slight heat sensation in my lower left leg (no other problems). Is this some thing I should be concerned about now, or wait for my drs. appt in a few weeks?
Ok.  So we all have this.  Has anyone benn to see a doctor?  What did he/she say?
I haven't but I'm schedule to go next Wednesday.
I'll tell you guys what the results are gonna be next week.

I want to find out what we all have in common beside the symptom.

I'm a 30 year old male. I'm a mechanical engineer. I also smoke.
I'm not sure if this relates but let's start with that.

Let me know a little bit about you guys if you don't mind.
Thanks!
hi, i'm no doctor but have learn't in depth anatomy for my uni degree. but recently feeling the same in my 40-50degree temps.
i'm putting what i'm feeling down to the summer,
in hot temps or when ones core body temp rises there blood vessels rise to the surface so they can be cooled thus reducing ones temperature.
hope this helps some of you.
About a week ago I noticed a warm sensation on the top of my right foot.  Like many of the others I at first attributed it to a vent in the car I was driving.  Since then I've noticed it multiple times a day in multiple physical positions.  I asked my father who is a doctor and he said it was probably a pinched nerve or something, and didn't seem very concerned.  However, he is seldom concerned with my health worries, so I don't really trust him.  I'd love to find a list of problems this could be a symptom of.

I have the same feeling also.  My doc did different ultra sounds, and an MRI.  Nothing showing up.  She is still checking it out.  Lets of tests and nothing yet.  I don't smoke, I  have no idea what the heck this can be.  Can't be too serious, all the tests come back neg.
I've got another question for you guys:
How long have you had this symptom?

Please let me know.
Thanks!
Well I went to see the doc yesterday and he doesn't know what I have. He says it could be the nerve system but that I shouldn't worry about it until I get more symptom. He says most likely it will disappear.

Let's keep in touch and see how all of us progress.
Hey guys dont mean to creep you out but I haven't found any discussions on any womans sight so here I am.  Mine started 4 days ago.  I thought the baby was peeing on my leg.  lifted her and was shocked that nothing was there.  It felt just like pee warm, wet and flowing.  It is alway the same spot on my right thigh several times an hour regardless of activity.  Can't find anything.  I feel like a hypo.  
It's nice to know that I'm not nuts! I've been experiencing what feels like a warm compress on my right ankle, up until 3 weeks ago. Just today I noticed it in my left ankle. I went to the ER on 12/23, concerned it was a blood clot & didn't want to wait for the Drs office to open up again, but they found nothing. The ER printed out info on muscle strain. Other people have mentioned it could be associated with back pain (sciatica).
Hi everyone,

I'm joining the party.  28 years old, recently started doing a lot of yoga type stretching.  in school so sitting for long periods of time.  otherwise healthy.  look forward to understanding my rather strange symptom: warming of the outer left calf for periods of 5 seconds or so for the last 2-3 days  zck
(New here)

Another found this searching for my symptoms.

Warm or cold wet feeling down leg and now wraps around back and over ribs. (2 + months)

Chiropractor says nerve pinch or bulging disk. Has been working it for a couple of weeks. Somewhat better but not gone.

Also told that stretching would help (I workout 3 days a week and have been known to ride 40+ miles per week on my bike - not lately). So I stretched. Oh my God how painful is that!

Not sure any of this is helping at all, but very strange no one seems to have an "Oh that's from..."

Hope it goes away or someone says eat an orange. (OK wishful thinking).

Best of luck folks.
OK...I'm in!!!
My "heat sensation" is usually in my thigh area. Been feeling it for a week or two now. Seems to occur several times a day.
I'm 52, work out regularly....but do have some disk issues. I'll follow this thread and post any new developements.
I've had the same thing happening to me for about 3 1/2 months.  Sometimes several times a day, sometimes none at all.  I also have been getting increasingly stiff in my lower back, neck and legs.  And my feet are feel like boards they are so stiff and very painful.  Also getting a bit moodier than normal and having some trouble concentrating.  I hope that I don't alarm anyone here but after doing a lot of internet searching and then speaking with a nurse friend and a doctor - not a formal visit, just a private conversation - things may be pointing to  MS.  I have an appointment in couple of weeks to start some testing but it seems that testing is not a fail safe thing to rule it out or in.  I have been told that it can take some time and a doc that will really listen and take it seriously and then hopefully has real knowledge of the topic to figure this out.  
I have the same heat sensation on my left leg 2 weeks ago. My doctor did not know the cause. He thinks it may due to the Vitaman B deficiencies. So he gave me NEUROBION to try for 1 week. Will let you guys know how it progresses.
OH! Well, thats just great....I hope its not MS....I have had 2 friends who got diagnosed with MS. One of them just passed away after 5 years from his diagnosis. I was just saying the other day how horrible it would be. He was in perfect health, and worked out and everyhting, then BAM. Anyway, someone has to go to the doctor and find out what it is. I am 31 years old, very healthy. I work out with weights 4 days a week, and also just started doing yoga. It is also just turned cold here in Texas. I just started getting this feeling on my left foot a week ago. Its like a warm sensation that goes away after a second or so. No pain.The only other problems I have helth wise is Irregular heart beats sometimes, and a swelling reaction to pressure which is also rare. I have also started taking Omega 3 Complex on a regular basis.... Please lets pray its not MS..Someone let us know....
I too am having this strange wet, warm sensation on my inner left thigh.  It's been going on for the last month or so.
It will happen somtimes only a few times a day or as much as 3 or 4 times an hour and lasts only few seconds.
As best as I can determine it doesn't happen while I'm sleeping.
SO....I did some checking and as many have already mentioned, this symptom can sometimes mean a potential blood clot.
I also remembered of hearing and reading that people who have sat for long periods on air flights, on occasion suffer blood clots in the leg from it being in the "bent" position for so long, resulting in having a stroke.
My job requires me to be behind a desk for most of the work day, which leads me to believe that this might be the source of my problem.
Since I have no insurance and cannot afford regular health car, and don't qualify for public assistance, my best bet is asking around.  
In doing so, I have been advised that if it is indeed a possible "developing" clot, that I should take vitamin E and some garlic.  In other words, blood thinners.  (It was also suggested that when I get this sensation, if I touch the area of the sensation and can actually feel hear, I should head for the emergency room.)
My ex-wife has an uncle who is a physician across the border in Mexico, so I might visit him for a presciption for a blood thinner and stop taking the vitamin E and garlic, unless he says otherwise.

I already take 10 mg. of Plavix and 3,000 mg. of garlic a day, so I bought some vitamin E this morning and will take 400 i.u per day as recommended.  
Time will tell.
If anyone has gotten any confirmation from a physician about these symptoms and the possible causes, please post that information.
Notice that the majority of people are having it with their left leg/calf/thigh.  Wonder if that is significant.

I failed to say that it's the right thigh in my case.
Curious that no one has returned to this site to let us know what their doctor has to say about this.

Got the same deal here.   Mine is in my left calf.   No pain just kind of heats up to a warm temperature.   Only lasts for 4 seconds.   Started about a week ago.   I've been up since 6:30am,  its 9:31am,  I've already got it about 4 times since I woke up.

I too have been experiencing this for a couple of months. Been worried sick, as i have other symptoms of MS. Am seeeing a dr this morning and will post update later.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.