Men's Health Community
periodic warm sensation in lower left leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
Wow...found this site after a Google search--add one more victim to the list. A few days ago I began experiencing a feeling like a flush of warmth on my left shin several times a day.  Never experienced anything like it before.  I am 53, female.  I move around a lot although I gave up working out several months ago after an elbow injury (dumb excuse), follow a healthy diet, take no vitamins (also dumb), taking Zocor to control cholesterol and a wimpy dose of Welbutrin.  I also have had an extremely stiff/painful neck/shoulders the last week or so.  At first I worried that the leg sensation was attributable to a clot; I have flown several long-distance flights (5-9 hours each) over the last 7 weeks although I did wear compression socks on my return home from overseas. I am beginning to think, however, that this leg-warmth condition is nerve-related.  After a previous bout with neck/shoulder/arm pain, my doc said she was sure it was nerve-related but because of my family history sent me to a cardiologist.  Nothing wrong, and the symptoms went away.  Now that the neck/shoulder stiffness is back, I wonder if the leg-warmth thing is a result.  Also, years ago I worked for a chiropractor--amazing what weirdness the body goes through due to nerve interference. After I check in with my doctor (last appt. was in April, perfect lab results, etc.) to see what she has to say, I think it's time to find a good chiropractor.  Anyway, thanks to all who posted here...it's comforting to know I'm not (totally) crazy!
Amazing hoax. How many comments does it take to get into the Guiness Book?
Well first off Trialanderror, You are a jerk for making fun of a serious problem that many of us are going through.  Do you think it's fun for us making appointments to see neurologists and having spinal taps done.  You are  a *******.
I got a referal to a neurologist, and have a MRI in sept.    I have noticed hair on my legs has begun to fall out, I can't say for sure if it's related to this  strange  warm feeling ot not.
I had more blood work done today,,, I may know something more by friday.
I agree with you on Trialanderror.    First off with a comment such as yours Trialanderror, what are you doing in a forum such as this.  You must have been totally bored or SOMETHING!  Second, does anyone know how I can get my address off of here and change my name - I allowed Google to auto fill and didn't even notice that it took over my nickname :o(  qpalzm, I have been experiencing hair lose off my head for several years.  The doctor feels it aims back to the thyroid and thankfully it grows back, just to fall out again, but it grows back :o)   Funny you should mention lose of leg hair, I have hardly none at all.  I wonder if that is a co-incidence of connection? Best of lluck at your tests  - to everyone - at least if something shows up - we know what we're dealing with and treat it, hopefully.  But until then, it's a basket of banana's for me.
Thought for the day: "Use the stones that life throws at you to lay the foundations for your future."
Not being one for forums, I had to write a posting for this one.  I have been complaining for months about the weird warm sensation in my left leg.  This site finally gave me something to prove to my girlfriend that I am not crazy.  I have decided that mine is from crossing my leg.  I often pull my left leg up, and put the left ankle on my right knee.  I think this causes reduced blood flow which eventually flows freely and causes the sensation.  I have a history of problems with my left knee and it often aches like an old sports injury.  I have decided the warm sensation is indicative of that problem.  I have also recently discovered that nearly all my family is on medication for thyroid problems and having noticed that brought up numerous times on this page perhaps it is time to get my checked.
This is not what I was looking for but it's definitely something I've experienced so I read most of it and have decided to post too. I had originally Googled: "left hip hurt upper thigh numb" and this site showed up as one choice. I had giving up on getting help or finding anyone else who had the same water down the leg sensation. I think it's odd that in such a long post, there are few who found any help at all and none who are sure they know the cause or how to help it and none who have found anything that completely ended the sensations. Mine have stopped. They'd gone down my left leg intermittently in a trickle or a rush. After the rushing water feeling I expected to find my ankles and feet flushed from a flow of blood inside the leg because that was the only explanation I could imagine for the feeling, but they were always normal. Now that the water sensation has stopped I have a constant pain in my left hip area, about midway between the end of my spine and my waist, and about midway from my spine to the end of my hip bones. My right thigh is numb. I think a pinched nerve in my hip and/or spine, is the more likely cause but if so, we should see many of the people who originally posted in 2006 also reporting sensation of the sensation and numbness and/or pain somewhere. It really IS good to see we're not alone in this experience, but it's weird to have so few posts about changes in the condition, solutions or improvement. Maybe we'll get some answers or more clues at this post, eventually, but it's helped me to know I'm not the only one struggling to get answers. Doctors can make me feel like giving up. These posts give me hope. I look forward to hearing from earlier posters and reading more psots about changes in the condition. Thanks to you all.
Thank goodness I have found this site.  I've been to doctors and have gotten no answers to the problem.  My sensation is in the left leg and it feels like the leg is on fire.  I'm now having problems with walking and the pain shoots down the leg.
Update on my situation...the warm flush sensations on my left shin have stopped as of a few days ago.  This also coincides with a noticeable inprovement in the stiffness/pain in my neck and shoulders, although I continue to have reduced mobility in my neck, side-to-side.  At least the worst pain is gone, and the leg-warmth sensations as well.  If they return I'll take more agressive action.  I'm pretty convinced this is a nerve-interference problem (at least in my situation).  I have not seen my doctor because the sensations have stopped, although I still am on the hunt for a good chiropractor.

Oh, and this note to Trialanderror: Buzz off, buddy.  
Hi everyone..... I've posted a few times before but wanted to give you an update.  My symptoms started with the warm feeling in my left thigh, progressed to an altered sensation of hot/cold with my entire left side from just beneath my bra to my feet.  If I was in a hot shower my right side would feel warm and my left side would feel cool. I then became numb on my left side, with pain around my waist and lower left side of my abdomen I had MRIs of my brain and thoracic area, a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis, and an EMG.  These all came back normal. I also had a test called an "evoked potential".  This came back abnormal, showing an impedance in the nerves in the thoracic area.  I have two more tests scheduled and will get back to you with the results.  
This started in June right after I had a severe sinus infection and I was moving (very stressful).  Many of the symptoms have gone away, however some of the heat/cool sensations still linger and some numbness in my side.  As of now, my neurologist feels that I either had a virus in my spinal column (transverse myelitis) or I have some sort of demyelinating illness.  I know that this is a lot of information, but maybe it will help someone figure this out. Good luck to you all.  Keep us posted with anything you find out.
I'm a 27 year old healthy female and I too have had the same symptom of the warm liquid running down my leg for the past 5-7 days. It is my right leg though and it starts at my thigh and goes to my knee. Very strange! Good luck to everyone, and I hope we figure it out....
Hi, I am 56, female in pretty good shape. Glad to know that this sensation is 'common' and I have the typical one - left calf. Thought there was a  heat vent in my Jeep that I didn't know about. I kept trying to find a spot on my leg where the 'heat' started, but the skin felt very normal. I was recently bit (four weeks ago) by a brown recluse on the inside of my leg, just above the knee and I was panicking that this sensation was caused by the ''''' spider. I am successfully treating the bite with a mixture of modalities, and it is nearly gone. I thought it had gone 'underground' to do damage elsewhere. I am soooooooooooooo relieved to find that this is highly unlikely to be related to the bite. I have been doing a lot of driving in the Jeep of late - as I am a small person, the seats are not designed the best for me and I have a tendency to think this is a nerve thing. I will try some B vitamins and a couple of good massages- to get the blood flowing freely again. I also take niacin when this sensation comes with a headache (related? dunno) and the niacin works nicely to open the capillaries and get more blood to my brain. I will  keep checking to see if any more have found relief and I hope if your (anyone) symptoms go away, you will post again and tell how or what you did.

oh, and trialanderror- find somewhere else to spout your negativity. We are trying to find answers to a commom problem.
About two months ago I began to feel like sunlight was beaming on the inside of my right foot around the ankle.  It occurs frequently throughout the day.  Have had some nerve damage in my feet due to too much aerobics and dance, but this feels like fluids cleansing the damage....  
Thanks for all your comments!! It's so nice to know that I'm not nuts and that others have this strange sensation.  I'm going to try the B vitamin combo and monitor the site for new ideas.  Does anyone also have small reddish spots that don't hurt and don't go away as well?  My doctor said the good news is that she doesn't know what they are- so they can't be that bad.  
I just noticed this the other day, and it has happened about twice a day.  usually when i am walking around at work for a long period of time, and then stand still - but it only happens in my left leg.  my lack of sleep in the last couple of days might have some effect on it.  but just as i was driving home it happened again.  It happens in the region about 3 inches below my knee and about 3 above my ankle.  As it happened i asked my girlfriend on the phone if it would be something i should ask about, and she sent me this link.
I'm a 50 year old female PA working in local government and have been having the "hot sensation in foot and lower leg" syndrome for a couple of years now, on and off!  So happy to find this forum with others with similar symptoms - asked my doctor about it and he was perplexed!!  The only other symptoms I have, which have been mentioned by a couple of people, are slight heart murmur, palpitations, neck and shoulder problems following a car accident - these may just be incidental to the 'heat' problem.  Think I will get a thyroid test done as this is cropping up a lot here.  Please keep the messages coming especially if you have been diagnosed.
HERE'S THE ANSWER!  So stop.  Stop freaking out (like I did).  Stop panicking (like I was).  Stop researching blood clots and MS (like I did).  Stop re-reading these posts (like I was) and remove the link from your bookmarks (like I just did).

I had the same symptoms we all describe here.  And for too long.  Scary stuff, I know.  Since no one can offer a legit diagnosis (nor myself), allow me to offer the cure.

The answer?  Water & vitamins.  Tons of the former, recommended daily dose of the latter.  Add a daily walk to increase blood flow and your problem is gone...I hope.

It worked for me.  You likely have no other course of action anyway.  My cure certaintly won't hurt your situation.  Try it and report back to everyone here.    

I was so scared that, if cured, I made a promise to return here and share my results.

Just try it.  Good luck.  God bless.
Well, I found all of you the same way as many, Google. Surprisingly not a lot of medical info out there about this. I'm 44 year old male, relatively healthy and active. My warm sensation is my left forearm, near the elbow, occasionally in the lower calf or inner thigh like many. It's pretty much daily, several times a day. I did hurt my back, nothing serious, strain. It's fine now. I have been more physically active then normal for the past 2 months, home renovations, landscaping, etc. lots of sweating, but I hydrate enough. It almost seems like a sudden rush of blood in that area and then it dissipates. Could there be a slight blockage upstream? All of sudden it builds up, then flows out. Thanks for posting, at least were not alone!    
I do have the little red dots also, weird. Good to know the Doc says not to worry.

Cashbj, thanks for the post, I walk and water, daily vitamins are lacking though. I'm buying multivitamins today!
I am 29, female.  On my feet a lot.  a few weeks ago i had a sudden feeling of something hot touching my back right thigh.  has recurred and spread over time.

I looked on web-md, and found only one possibility - I have graves disease (hyperthyroid).  I like to think that it is something less perminent.  My doctor was looking at the possibility of a condition called echynosis (rupturing blood vessels in my legs, but that was months ago.  Now I have moved and find myself in the same predicament as some of you above - no medical insurance + little $$ == no medical care unless an emergency.

it seems strange that soooo many have similar symtom, but there is nothing wrong.  please post any new info, and i will do the same
My sensations are similar to the vast majority of everyone's post---I too am active--I run, lift weights occasionally, and stand for 40-50 hours a week at work.  I recently concluded that I had bursitis in my left hip--and after stretching and massaging the area, that pain has subsided BUT now the heat sensation has appeared (same leg, left).  I also feel like my back is all jacked up--so I'm thinking that its definiely nerve/connective tissue/muscular in nature---but I'm going to try the B vitamin approach along with trying to work out these kinks!!
Update................Had extensive blood work done,,,,,( I suggest everyone experiencing theis heat sencation do the same)   almost every thing was normal,  thyroid,  liver, kidney function. hemaglobin, b-12,   ..............My doctor did  more  tests  than most  dr's would  even think of  doing.
everything  normal   except  my  i.g.a.  level, I confess I don't know exactly what it is but it's shows signs of a problem with my imune system. He can't  say  for sure  that  there's any relation.
today I saw a internal medicine  surgeon for a lower  intestine scope to see if there was anything there,, again  everything normal which is great.  But this weird problem contines,,, in  a couple of weeks I have a MRI with a neurologist.  will update  the results.  It's not  easy  or fun going to all these  doctors, but there's no sence telling yourself  it's  just  a b-12  diffecency and takeing  hand fulls of vitamins.  If having  this strange heating problem, go to a doctor,,,,  one o fthese  days we'll finally get a conrete answer  as  to teh cause.
I have a heat sensation in my right shin...I was worried I was going to spontaneously combust it got so hot a couple times!!  Wouldn't that be a hoot.  Anyway, 33F, overweight, 5'3.  Not as active as I should be obviously.  Have had 2 MRI in past 6 years with nothing irregular showing up.  Just started getting the "hot flashes" in my shin over the last coupld months.
Hi there.  I'm in the UK, and I started having this "hot ankle" sensation in my left ankle where it joins my foot about a month ago.  Like all of us, I immeidately thought about blood clots, the dreaded MS etc.  

I am 5' 8", Male, about 172lbs, I do cardio work in the gym three times a week (700-1000 cals per session) and also use a LifeCycle at home on the other days (400-600 cals per session), a non-smoker, but a heavyish drinker.

In the UK, Wal-Mart is called ASDA.  They sell a multi-vitamin called "Mens Health" which has 100% of most vitamins in it, including most of the B's, EXCEPT B12.  It has 1000% of the RDA of B12 in it, which is interesting as it they have targetted this product obviously at Men's health.  

I started taking it a fortnight ago, at the time I was getting anything from one to ten warm sensations per hour. I also stopped running in the gym, shifting to cycle work and Cross trainer work instead in case it was some weird strain or something.

It's gone.  Completely.  (I hate even typing this as I feel like I am tempting fate!!)  Haven't had one sensation in almost a week.  

I always promised myself I would share anything with you guys which helped or hopefully cured this distressing condition. Don't know if it was the running, but I've got to say that I don't think it was.  I think it was the simple multi-vitamin.  I can post a full list of the vitamins in this product if required by any of you, perhaps there is a similar product in your part of the world.

Anyway....Good Luck to you all.
hi, i'm a 24 y/o male that excercises /stretches regularly, somewhat avid meditator and yogist.

i'm also an accountant who sits at a computer during the day.

i've been getting warm sensations on and off for a few weeks now. they are typically are in my chest and arms, but even a lot of time spread through my whole body. it's kind of comforting actually. the most recent bought has lasted for the past 3 hours. so i guess my symptoms arent totally like yours.

i've been working towards better health since i was woken up by appendicitis 2 years ago. i've also recently began to really commit to a strict diet. its 98% fruits and vegetables. water. herbal tea. no refined sugar. no caffeine. no dairy products. no meat. no wheat or breads even. no f'in alcohol.

get away from western medicine on your own to the best of your ability. it's a slow process. ease out, ease in.  

read read read read read and then read. i'm not talkin doctor's blogs.  i'm talkin research, books, etc.

www.pubmed.gov

but hey, maybe i'm crazy and maybe i'm dieing. but what is death anyways but a transition. fear not.

it was fun writing this.

take care of yourselves first, before you can the rest of the world.
9-17-07   I can not believe that I found this site! The same warm feeling has been happening in my left foot for about a week now. I can almost count on it to feel warm about every three minutes. It seems to be getting (hotter) the longer it stays! I asked some of my co-workers today if they had ever heard of such a thing and all said no. To see all of these comments was unreal! I'm going to the doctor this week. Wondering if it will do any good. Jyll
HOT FOOT  -  
Getting a hot spot on the bottom of my left foot, front pad.
Feels like equivalent to about 110 deg. hot pad, about  1 1/2" diameter.
Comes, then goes in about 10-20 sec.
It just started a week ago.
I remember my father had twitching in his arm as early warning of the stroke he got soon after.
I was concerned THIS is an early warning of something.
It does not appear to be a major problem .
so same problem: Left Leg, mostly from knee down. 34yrs, 235lbs, do not excercise and mostly at my computer during the day. No Vitamins. My wife said it's becuase I don't excercise. Glad to see that's not the case :)

First time, about 4 months ago, had all the test done. First thought it was a Blood Clot and all test came back negative.
Blood test all normal except for
Creatine Kinase @ 241 Normal range 25-225
Calcium @ 10.9 normal range 8.4-10.4
ALT @ 79 normal range 2-60
From what I remember, Dr. said it probably has to do with a pulled/strained musle (Creatine Level). My ALT has been at a higher level for years.
Heat sensation stopped after a couple weeks and I forgot about it.

Fast Forward to today.
It started up again about a week ago.
I had another ultrsound test done today to see if maybe we did have a blood clot. Nothing. All negative.

After reading all the post. I can only think MINE has to be a nerve relating to my lower back with a pinch of stress. We just got a new bed two weeks ago and my back has been killing me and it's my busy season at work.  Back in April (first episode) I was working in the yard and it was busy season for me then.

It didn't hurt during the summer when I was off work and no back pain!?!?!
So hope this helps anyone. I'll post again later if it goes away or comes back.

I really appreciate you posting your experiences.  Helps me and others alot.  I have been through the hypo -- I'm gonna die stage already.   Just working on getting better now.

Got the same symptoms as you.  Not as far along though.  My nerve tests showed i was a little slower than normal but just barely over the line.  Testing again soon to see if gets worse.  Curious how your thyroid treatment has gone and if it helped you.

Chris T.
By the way.  My neurologist is leaning toward cipd right now.  I had a brain MRI and it did not show any lesions which I believe must be apparent for MS.  I have not told him about the burning leg thing yet though.  He says it is a matter or ruling things out.  He did say thyroid could be factor.
HEY! ~~~~~~I THINK I KNOW THE CURE~~~~~~
I have been reading about vitamin b deficiencies. If you are an active person which it seems that many of us are on this thread, you need much more of it than the normal person... like lots more. Everyone's metabolism is different when it comes to utilizing/using the vitamins we ingest(our fingerprints are different so why not our metabolic processes too...). A multi-vitamin is good, but it may not provide all that you need. Try just a B-vitamin supplement. B vitamins are water soluble...meaning you cant overdose on them...you just pee(bright yellow) out the excess. Try the B vitamin thing before getting a spinal tap. Its a lot less painful. I have the same symptoms and am going to try B vitamins and let you know in a couple of days if its working. By the way I'm not super active like some of you but I have been under stress lately and that uses up B-vitamins.(like who isn't under stress these days!)
Our dr's would appreciate all the self-diagnosis going on here ;)  

I just started with the same symptoms a few days ago. I also just started lifting weights in the last few weeks and hadn't done so for 10 years. I am now 36 (male) and also sit in front of the computer for work all day. Just thought I'd post that I'm one more of many, and it seems there should be more solutions than questions posted here. However, because so many are having luck with B12 I'm gonna try that before any scans!!  I'll try to remember to post what happens.-
It's a good feeling to know that other people have the same warm sensation.  Mine is in the ball of my left foot. I have many mechanical problems with my feet. I'm goint to try the b-complex as several people have had good luck with it
I'm a 35 yr old female and have also experienced these warm, feeling like I've peed my leg, sensations and have wondered about them. The first time I had this was when I was pregnant with my first daughter. I gave birth to my 3rd baby 10 mo. ago and am having them again.

In my case, we think they might be hormonal.

I see my naturopath on Mon. and I'm going to ask her about it. It's worth checking into with your dr.
I am a 31 yr old female. I have had the warm sensation in my left leg on and off for a week now. I thought it could be a blood clot because I had flown back from holiday the day before it started.

I went to the doctors, she said my flight duration wasnt long enough for it to be a blood clot. She didnt have any answers! I bought some asprin anyway on the way home (as it thins the blood) and it does seem to be working.

I sit at a computer all day at work and do suffer cramp in top left leg from time to time, so dont know if this has anything to do with it. Quite a few people on here seem to sit at comp all day (maybe a common cause???)

I do suffer with back problems in bed and had just spent a week in on holiday in strange bed, which did make back worse. This could have triggered it.

Seems weve all stumped the pro's with this one!!!!

Good luck everyone!

Hi guys! My warm spot is on the front side of my right thigh, and I first noticed it a few months ago, say 3 months.
Hey guys, I started to have these heat sensations about 5 weeks ago... started on my two little toes on my feet... happened about 5 times a day... then were gone for about two weeks... came back in legs... always took just few seconds... I woke up on real burning in the same toes where it started tonight so I decided to got o my doctor... I told her all and she just wasn't too much bothered at all... she said it seems to her like it could be hormonal since I changed my contraception pill few times in last few months... that obviously don't apply on men in here... :o) But I took your advice for trying the B12 vitamin as well and I think it was getting much better. I didn't take it yesterday and I woke on this sensation tonight so it really could be something to do with it. Although I do experience severe back problems as well so it could be trapped nerve related as well. Anyway doctors don't seem to know what's going on do they?
For what it's worth, the B12 isn't helping me after 4 days or so.  Please keep posting if anyone has other solutions - thanks!
HOW FUNNY!  31 yo female here.  Mine started two days ago in my left heel only.  Thought I'd stepped on something in my bedroom.  Comes in waves periodically throughout the day.  No pain, no itching just a very warm feeling.  BIZARRE.  I almost like it but want to make sure I'm in no danger.  
How Bizzare, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM,  I am a 36yo Male Architect, and sit most of the day in front of the computer and for the last 4 months, i have had warm flushes on my right thigh, it comes and goes all day long. then it moved to my left thigh, and today it started on my left shoulder???
what is going on for all of us? Im off to the doctor with these comments, and when somebody gets some answers, please let us know...
Hey, just a thought, i think it may due to all the high levels of radio frequency, ie. mobile phones, sat nav, satellites, electricity GOD knows...
Good Luck!
sorry for delay in reply, any way, the sensations are mainly on scalp and arms recently. They are no worse or better since thyroid medication, just in different places really. Due for another blood test and drs appointment ref thyroid soon, so will ask again if they have any suggestions about. Not so many twitches and buzzings etc since thyroxine and energy levels are heaps better. A new me really !, so there is hope
I was happy to have found this page for my wife.  She had the warm sensation on her right ankle.  I tend to agree with an earlier suggestion with the B Complex supplement.  I had started her taking a B50; half in morning and half at night.  Sensation diminished significantly over last 7 days; bearly noticeable now compared with about 7x a day prior.  The vit B's are for nerve functions, energy metabolism and a number of other things.  However, do note that supplementation is quite personalized since it depends on one's intake & utilization; affected by diet, conditions, stress, etc.  Over longer term, should get it sufficiently from diet rather than supplements.  Lastly, other causes may exhibit similar symptoms.  For other, keep looking.
I have had this issue as well but on the foot not the leg. The foot websites suggest that the sensation of heat can be nerve related. Note the base of the back is where the discs are that go to the legs, Lumbar nerves. This is a common area to strain. Many of you are doing various exercises or are lifting children or sitting for long peroids, this could also be nerve related...
I have been to the doctor, and I have what is called varicose veins. Veins that expand for some weird reason.  If you see any unusual veins in your legs, or if you randomly feel like your legs weigh more then usual or you have to make an unusual effort walk, I don't know how to explain it for all those who might not have experienced, but if you have felt like you have to make an extra effort to walk around at any given point and time (without having prior exercise) then this is most likely the problem. Varicose veins are more frequent in woman then in men but it's not uncommon in guys either (I'm a guy) although for all those of you who have gotten x-rays that come back clean, then you do not have varicose veins. They will see it if they can get an x-ray. It can be hereditary. (Both grandfathers on my mom and dads side had the same issue.) I'm not the expert, I know that I experience a warm sensation on a frequent basis in my thigh, and when I went to the doctor for testicular swelling they discovered a varicose vein in my left testicle, (Which hurts off an on, sometimes a  lot, sometimes not at all) I haven't gotten my thigh scanned for it but my girlfriend looked up varicose veins in her medical book and it said it's most common in the thighs so I figured if I had it in my left testicle it's probably in my thigh too and since I'm experiencing the same thing as these guys, why not share my info. It's more frequent in woman but also occurs in men. I haven't gotten the doctor to check out my thigh because, unless it's causing you pain, theres really nothing they can do other then prescribe anti-inflammatory and pain relievers, if you have these veins in your testicles, I would recommend wearing some form of underwear that supports the crotch, and laying down when the pain becomes unbearable. I'm just telling you what I've experienced, I don't want to be the blame for somebody that has cancer or something in there thigh and didn't get it checked because they were broke and I convinced them not to spend there last few dollars with this article.
I have been experiencing the same warm sensation on my right thigh for around a year. My wife mentioned the same problems on her calf, so I googled and found this site. After reading all of the comments, it sounded like a nerve or muscle problem. On Google images, searched "thigh muscles" and found a diagram. My warmth exactly matches up with the Vastus medialis muscle. I have been doing Tai Chi and Yoga, so might have strained that muscle, but I notice the warmth more when I am just sitting than exercising. I'm healthy and have been taking multi-vitamins my whole life, but will try additional B complex and more fluids to see if it goes away. Not worried, as it doesn't appear to be an early sign of anything, as indicated by everyone's posts. Other's might check if the location matches a muscle like mine does, as it made me feel better knowing its source.
I am a woman and also have the warm sensation on my UPPER LEFT CALF.  

I am 26, sit at a desk.  I used to exercise regularly but for the past 3 weeks I have not.  I have had these warm sensations (feels like a heater, lightbulb to the skin, or iron to my pants) for the past week.

I have also noticed that I have been shedding more hair than usual.

I am going to start exercising again tomorrow, and plan to go to a Dr. I will post my results.
The feeling of heat or cold sensation in my lower left outer calf had been going on for a few mo. After asking around and going to two doctors, no one knew what it was. It was driving me crazy. I was referred to a chiropractor and massage therapist a week ago. I had my very first adjustment by the chiropractor and the massage therapist did an awesome job explaining pressure points etc.

IT TURNS OUT I HAVE A PINCHED NERVE. This explains why all of you have tried different things to fix this problem and some of them worked, some of them didn't. When I told the Chiropractor what was going on he knew exactly what it was and the sensation slowly (after a few days) went away and now, a week later is completely gone. I went back for another adjustment and I feel like a new woman.

He said that if any muscle is inflamed around the nerve it can be pinched. I was told to stretch alot, all the muscles in my upper, lower leg, arms and back. He took xrays of my back to make sure everything else was fine and it was.

Hope this info puts your mind at ease!
Maybe the feeling you have on your leg is the urine running down it because you are so pissfaced drunk.
Having carried out extensive research into this particularly peculiar dilemma for my degree (at the university of Suckyormom, Northern Carolina), I am pleased to be able to offer you all a solution to your apparently distressing situation.

Firstly, stop researching your medical issues on the internet. If by chance you find out exactly what your problem is, it will probably scare you ********. However, in all probability, you will just WASTE YOUR LIFE on **** forums such as this one. Nobody knows, or indeed cares.

Secondly, GO TO THE DOCTORS. If not for your 'wet leg' syndrome, then please, please, please, to talk to somebody about your mental health. (this in particular to a certain 'CUMQUATINFERNALDESIRE'. You especially should get your head seen to. preferably with a mallet or similar instrument.

I hope this helps, and that you all have happy, warmsensationinlowerleftleg- free lives.
mallet mallet mallet mallet mallet matlet maltet mletlet mattlet millet millets do nice hiking boots malletio allet-u alley ovrey oui oui oui wee whoops I've pissed myself
Could we get back to the topic at hand?  There are many of us out here with these particular symptoms...
ok very good health i work out everyday at my local gym hot sensation on upper leg kind od hot and cosy please help
oh and on monday this started after i did 20miles of running by feet not by car lol
but it has b me worried
A different doc said its like neuralgia, she gets a buzzing ,(which i also get) ,she was not worried about hers or mine, which hopefully is a good sign. Still think there may be a thyroid link
What in the Hell are you talking about????  The warm sensation you're feeling is alcohol pulsing through your veins!!!  You have a cumquat for brains!  
Now back to the topic.... I have had a sensation of warm water running down the top outer portion of my left foot for about a week and a half now.  It isn't painful... just alarming.  I have a feeling it has to do with a pinched nerve or some type of back problem since I do a lot of lifting on a daily basis and have constant lower back pain.  I googled a search for symptoms of blood clots, and they are always associated with pain and skin that is hot to the touch... I have neither of these symptoms. Too bad the doctor/moderators of this forum don't post some suggestions like they're supposed to.
Neuropathy! Have a look at Neuropathy symptoms... can be caused by anything... injuries, strain, hormonal problems... can be trapped nerve involved as well... ;o) Maybe visiting a chiropractor would be much more beneficial then all the docors... ;o)
I have a whole host of symptoms, that all started with the warm feeling in my right leg. At first I thought it was nothing, but then it spread to both legs and my arms. Now I have tingling in my left shoulder, and my eyes burn regularly. I have a rash (little red spots) that comes and goes in my hands and forearms. And I feel miserable all day. No doctor has yet to diagnose me. Anyone else have similar symptoms?
Have you asked your doc for a thyroid test, i have been on thyroxine for 4 months and feeling better, depression can be related to low thyroid  levels
Please add me to the list.  I am a 34 year old female, non smoker.  For about the last 2 weeks, I have experienced at randoms times during the day the warm wet sensation in my right knee and on the bottom of my right foot around my arch.  This is really bazaar.  The vitamin B is not a problem with me as it is in the Daily Vitamin that I take.
I started having symptoms a couple days ago. I search on-line and like the rest of you I was amazed how many people have the same symptoms and there are not answers.

My symptoms seem to be when I’m sitting. I get the hot water on my leg feeling for about 1 second and it fades. Today it is doing it a lot (about ever 5 minutes). The feeling is in the back of my rear and thigh.

I am healthy and run. I picked up my running pace a week ago and thought it might be related? I also cracked my spine 5 years ago riding Motocross. I’m 37 and live in Texas.
The internet is a great tool for people to get educated and to determine if they agree with a doctor. The only people against it are those who will lose money from it. I am inteigent enough to contribute to my good health. i also have vesting interest in solving the problem not just throwing drugs at it.

Remember ½ the doctors out there where in the bottom half of their class. I choose to assume I can contribute to my good health and not HOPE the guy I went to was not the one smoking pot and nailing nurses during school. He is their to contribute and write out the prescriptions.
I just started with this symptom yesterday arounf my left knee.  I have had moderate to sever lower back and left leg pain , numbness, and tingling for the past month - no relief - Got hurt lifting at work.  Had and EMG yesterday where they shock your nerves and stick needles in your muscles.  Showed I had a pinched nerve.  NEVER had the warm wet feeling until last night - so it has to be nerve related.  My left leg was doing all sorts of funny jumping jacks last night after the test and then this feeling started.  Looked up side effects of EMG and sure enough it is a side effect from the stilumation of the nerves.  For all those who have this problem, and have not had it induced by electrical stimulation, I would believe that you should probably see a neurologist - I have seen a neurosurgoen for the back pain and he is the one that ordered the EMG.
Perhaps it would do us all good to contemplate extensively the meaning of the two words that when used together form the phrase "divine comedy".
Well, I am glad I am not losing my mind. Left leg, towards the front but still in the calf region, outside, might even be the left side of my shin.
Feels like it is wet, I go to touch it and it is dry. It is a warm sensation about 2 inches or so in diameter.
It almost feels like I have rubbed icy hot on it.
WHAT CAUSES THIS? Seems like a lot of people have got the same symptoms, has anyone gotten an answer?
Hope to hear from someone soon.
Thanks in advance.
***@****
I'm a female, mid 30's, sit-down job, don't eat junk food, the occasional cigarette and  a couple of Belgian beers 3 times per week, pretty healthy (no prior health issues), no kids. It started 2 days ago: The sole of my left foot feels like it steps on warm wet mushrooms. Then it goes away. Very strange. I don't take vitamins, so I'm going to give the Vit-B a try.
At my age I find this fascinating. Now if it was just in the right place and at the right time.
had the same warming sensation. In my case I had started to use a Planters Wart removal product and noticed that when I was using the product, I would have the warming sensation. When I stopped using it, the warming sensation went away.
I haven't had any more problems since. How this information will help someone else.

Pete
Hi People: I think it is something to do with the way we sit, or the chairs we use. I get a warm feeling lasting about 1 - 2 seconds. Absolutely nothing  wrong with the upper thigh muscle, usually occurs in the inside of leg. Feels like warm water, but no pain, no rash, redness, nada. I'm retired and maybe I'm sitting too long at times. Maybe I'll try more exercise, walking. Be nice to know if there's a "name" for the symptom.
I just found this.  I do yoga, drive a Jeep Cherokee (others?  I saw at least one) take viamins.  It feels like the same as many others, just a periodic warm sensation, but my skin is cool to the touch.  Sometimes it is on my right shin, other times my right knee.  

I take Prevacid and Zantac.  I am wondering if others take these meds?
I am the youngest of any of the people I have read on here.  I am a 20 year old male.  I play soccer and an good physical health.

From what I read.  People mainly have this hot sensation in their:
*foot
*calf
*ankle
*thigh
*back

As far as the first 3 are concerned, they are in the same general area.  One thing I have noticed is I sit at my computer chair a lot (common with others) and casually I tend to rest my right foot on my left foot (left foot bent inward).  My hot sensation is experienced in my left ankle on the outside and lasts for a few seconds.  The pinched nerve theory seems interesting as well as the blood clot and lack of vitamins theory.  I wish someone would give a solution, but after someone finds one, they probably wpn't find this thread again to post a reply (or remember to).  Good luck to all!
For the past week I had this warm feeling also and thought it felt pretty good.  Then yesterday I found a bump on the right side behind my check near my right ear.

I am scared.  I feel this way too!  I've been eating too much Chocolate, 2 - 3 ice creams a day....and I recently found a lump on my right side burn region or between the side cheek and ear area.  I googled and found that it might just be an infection due to secretion of fluids of th e eyelids or inner ear that might go away in 2 weeks, hopefully.  The lump does move, which is said to be a good thing and it's in the area of a "lymph node"  I'm scared but hoping it will go away.  I wonder if the warm sensations are related to the lump found here.  In a posting I saw someone else say he had a symptom of inner-ear disorder so I'm wondering if this is something else that correlates with the warm sensations.  Has anyone checked their lymph nodes too?  I am scared.......praying it goes away and I will eat right from now on.
Hello Everyone!  As many of you expressed I was also relieved to hear so many of you with the same sensation.  I was also experiencing the same fluid-like sensation in my right inner thigh.  I read a comment about a vitamin B deficiency and started taking a "multi" vitamin as well as a B complex and have not had the sensation in a few weeks now!  I will also follow up with my Doc, but so far so good!  Hope this helps!

This is insane.  I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one.  My right calf felt like it had touched the space heater, but it didn't.  That's how it started.  For a week or so now, I feel the warm sensation there for no reason whatsoever, intermittently.  Just like some people have said, it's as if a pet or baby peed on your leg or Iike a car heat vent is touching it.  Not hot but warm.  I am a 42 y.o. female in excellent health and in good shape, no heart disease tendencies whatsoever.  Of course I am afraid of blood clots.  My instincts tell me a clot would hurt and swell first.  This seems like a nerve disorder to me.  I sit too much at my desk and I have had repeated bouts of lower back muscle pain, a bunch of those bouts recently.  I'm healthy and I've determined that the back pain comes from lifting my children, but after sitting too much which weakens back muscles, apparently, such that you don't know they're weakened till you injure them.  Once I ripped my back out so much I was incapacitated for weeks.   Back is fine right now, and I have no other aches or pains - healthy and active.   I wonder if a nerve has been pinched.  I have been told that back muscle pain is not often isolated,  but is often a reaction to disk injury, and there are plenty of disk problems in my family.

I did have one varicose vein  while pregnant 5 yrs ago, bad enough that it got infected post-partum (other leg, on thigh) and it was studied by ultrasound and found NOT to contain a clot.  No bulging varicose veins now, lots of visible veins, though, and have had spider veins on legs since age 12.  I've been told these are only a cosmetic concern but not a health problem.  No unusual veins in the area of the hot sensation, though.
Well I am writing this post on behalf of my husband, he posted a couple of updates, I am using his name so you can look back at his posts.  He had a MRI done which came back clean, at teh time we were relieved that MS was ruled out.  The bloodwork was all 100 per cent, except for  his iga level.  Well, He was taken to hospital 3 weeks ago, the warm feeling in his leg had spread through out his body, he didn't complain much about this strange condition, but one night three weeks ago, heartbroken,  he told me I should take him to Emergency.  And tonight three weeks later he is in I.C.U. hanging on to life by a thread. The doctors are puzzled, specialists of all kinds have seen him.  All  his blood work is fine, heart, blood pressure and pulse are strong,,, yet there he lies in I.C.U. at 46 years old. He drifts in and out..... I am desperate, If anyone has any info please post it, anything, any ideas that your Doctor had about what this heat sensation could be , please help me,,,,anything.
thank you
I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  I also have posted several times if you want to look back.  My problem started with the occasional heat sensation, and changed into numbness on the left side of my body.  I also had altered hot/cold sensations, and pain around my waist...all on my left side.  I had every test.....MRI, CT Scans, evoked potentials, EMG.  Almost everything came back normal.  My neurologist says that his working diagnosis is Transverse Myelitis, but I don't totally fit into that category.  I did not have any blood work, so don't know about my IGA levels.  How are your husbands kidney functions?  That keeps popping up when I try to look things up on the computer.  I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
My mom had it back in 1992, and is fine. So I think serious stuff like MS is out of question. She told me that its got something to do with the legs capillary. Good thing I asked her, you got me kind of scared for the MS things ( I got the warm two) :)
Best wishes to those with serious problems above; I'm sorry to hear of the terrible developments and I hope answers are found soon and recovery follows.

Now, for those of us with minor nuisance symptoms:  Everything I have read says this is from nerve injury, possibly related to back problems, disks bulging, etc.  And I have the suspicion that many of us posting on the internet here sit at our desks a whole lot.

A few days ago I was ready to let you guys know that the problem is transient, that it disappeared for me.

But now it is back, and in my thigh more than lower leg (same leg, though.)  I propose that this comes from sitting.  I was busy all weekend and Monday and the problem was forgotten about.  I sat on my a$$ a lot Tuesday and today and voila, it's back.  I'm going to try to stay away from this computer, literally, for a few days and hopefully I can seal this theory and present it to all of you.  Here goes.

Maybe we can take comfort that not one person has reported back that they had a blood clot or anything like that.  Maybe people post and never come back because the problem resolves and they forget all about it.  Will report back in a few days or week or so.
Well, where do I start. On Thursday my husband of 16 years passed away, Starting  in 05-07-07  he posted here and told of his burning problems that began in the spring. He was  as fit as a fiddle, rode a bicycle and  worked out  daily. he  ate well, never smoked  and drank very  rarely.   He did everything he could to find a reason for the burning, He went to many doctors and specialists in hopes of  finding out info. One  doctor even had the nerve to  tell him that it was  all in his head.  Well, ten days ago he asked me to take him to emergency, he was placed in  ICU 2 days later, and passed away on Thursday. The doctors are scratching their heads,  again extensive blood work was  done, everything came back negitive,Kidney function perfect.
ct, another  2 mir's,, everything normal.  His blood pressure  and pulse were perfect all along right   up until  the second he  died.  His ICU  doctor said to me, quote  '' if I was  to look at  his chart  without seeing  him, I would say this man is  100% healthy.''  Yet  here I sit, getting ready for his funeral on christmas eve.
I don't know what I'm going to do.  Please, if anyone is going through the same problems as James' was,  talk to your  doctor and be persistant. Too many doctors dissmissed it  as 'nothing'.  Well I don't  know  what it was,   but it was  something....................  thank y
First let me tell you that it is my husband who brought me to this site. He has been having this warm peeing sensation in his thigh all week and it comes and goes several times a day. There is no pain. He has increased his gym activity as of late and does have some issues with back pain. He has a weak lower back and at times feels he has pinched a nerve. This is likely related.

I myself have had blood clots. Major ones. In the leg and in my lungs. You are not describing a blood clot with your warm feeling. A blood clot stops the fluid from leaving your lower extremeties and builds up incredible pressure. The hot spot is visibly red and throws off heat. For those who have some history, keep in mind that a low dose aspirin is a blood thinner. Ginger is a natural blood thinner. Blood thinners are not something to play with or change without making sure your doctor knows your plan. If you have a medical emergency, they need to know what might be making you bleed more.

Keep track of your symptoms and what you have done differently to maybe have caused it to return. One thing I do notice, most of you are physically active and have back issues. With all of my medical traumas over the past 20 years, I have become very knowledgeable about all things drug and medical symptom related. You must look after yourself first!

Sorry for your loss Qpalzm.

Xtina
In some cases, of what you guys desribe, it sounds like kundalini energy awekening and typical kundalini sympoms.

Google "kundalini symptoms" and a book called:

KUNDALINI: PSYCHOSIS OR TRANSCENDENCE
hi. 22 yrs old, female here and a few weeks pregnant. have the feeling on my right inner shin, midway between my ankle and knee. really strange. never felt anything like it before. i was eating when it first happened last week and thought i was spilling hot food on myself. it isnt a very HOT feeling though, more like a little warm sensation and for the 6-10 seconds that it lasts in a patch about the size of a silver dollar, it seems like the heat increases and then just disappears.
I am a very overweight person and often have back pains to the point where i cant move because i just get stuck. sciatic problems do occur frequently in my family but i wonder if that could be hereditary?  i think it may be a vitamin b deficincy like everyone has said...

but what scares me most is how UNUSUAL of a feeling it is... for so many people.  

i think ill also check out that kundalini symptoms stuff too. its kinda up my alley it seems.
thanks!
I think this is related to sciatica and/or back pain and/or nerve compression in the back/hip area.  Since last writng, I had a return of the symptom, this time in upper thigh, and I ignored it.  I also really hurt my back exactly one week ago, and I determined that my back muscles had become weak by sitting too much and not exercising enough.  I have gotten outside hiking up and down hills and my back is fine now - and I intend to keep it up, so that I don't injure my back.  The muscles weaken without any clue, until a seemingly normal movement tears or otherwise strains a muscle (I was simply bending over a table to observe a child's drawing).  I can't help but think this back problem and the leg symptom is related.  Right now my back is fine and I have none of the heat sensations in the leg.  I hope this helps.
Hello, I send my condolences to the lady who  lost her husband just before Christmas.
It must be a very difficult time for you.
I wish to join the queue with these symptoms.
Johnny from Manchester England
Sporadic warm/ hot feeling on top of left thigh.(just like the peeing sensation)
This has occurred the last week or so.
I am 48, unfit, overweight and having a stressful family time at present.
I must admit to unusually eating a lot of chocolate recently and generally
over doing it. I also have a slight back problem.
Now I apologise for all that ,I am sorry to bore you.
What amazes me is that no one seems to return to the site after they have been to see a Doctor and received a diagnosis and prognosis with suggested treatment.
Yes I understand we are all reluctant to go the Doctor and take up their valuable time
but I think it may be necessary this time.
I will return and hopefully bring some practical advice .
In the meantime I don't think there is any harm in improving ones diet and taking the Multi Vits-- especially the B vit.  Regards Johnny

I'm also a guy who is athletic, fit, early 40s, eats healthy, takes multi-vitamins, drinks moderately, and a new sworn member of the WLLS club.

I also come from a family of men with GOUT.  Yes, gout.  On the reference to gout found in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gout, it talks about warming of the joint (yes, joint not leg)...

When I asked my bros, they confirmed to having warm leg syndrome before too but early before they had gout.

I have staved off the painful gout experience by staying away from legumes and nuts... and getting plenty of exercise... But.. over the holidays... I had lots of nuts... and lots more nuts  , a bit more alcohol, and a lot less exercise (ok, no exercise).

I am beginning to wonder if this WLLS is a precursor to getting Gout.  

Do any of the guys experiencing WLLS have gout in the family?  It only occurs mostly in Men who are in their 40s and 50s.

Please reply... I'd like to see if this is a common condition/fact to us WLLS sufferers.
My temporary warm sensation is about hand-sized, last 2-5 seconds, painless, a few times/hour, lateral/outer lower thigh, left leg.  Started within the last week.  

I'm 60 years old, 6'3", 200 pounds, road cycle and/or lift weight nearly every day.  My life-long lower back cramps have not occurred, not even a twinge in the past 1.5 years, since I've really concentrated on my "core" (thorax/abdomen/back) conditioning, which the back docs say is the best tactic for lower back pain.   So I don't think it's pinched nerve in lumbar region, which would, I guess, be above painful, not warm.

I suspect some kind of neuropathy rather than circulatory problem.  

For me, it's not worth several $100s or $1000s to visit several docs, specialists, run expensive tests.  

A couple of things I might be trying for (peripheral) neuropathy are benfotiame and acetyl L-carnitine (fellas, the latter might also help "beef up" your erections, if nothing else). Both are OTC. Benfotiamine is used for peripheral neuropathy due to diabetic or high glucose damage to nerves or by damage to back nerves (lumbar/cervical stenosis).

I too have WLS (Warm Leg Syndrome).  No idea what it is.  Just started yesterday.  Felt it again today.  WTF?  It cannot be a good thing.  Reading the many posts, I have back pain regularly (maybe my posture is bad).  I sit at a computer desk a lot.  I don't exercise regularly, and I am stressed.

Location: Lower right calf.
I am so relieved to find this discussion.  I have had the warm sensation in my left thigh about 5 times just since I started reading all the postings.  Started about a week ago and I feel the heat about 10 times a day.  Seems to be getting worse. I exercise 3-4 times a week, just started about 3 weeks ago in hopes to drop about 10 lbs. Started taking a One a Day Weight Smart about a month ago, but stopped because too much iron (if you know what I mean).  WLS started about that time.  I am going to try taking just B vitamins.  

This is really freakin' me out 'cuz no one has ever heard of it before...except you guys!
Hi all,
How great to find this large community of "warm leg syndrome" sufferers.  Count me in.  Mine started a few weeks ago in the back of my right thigh, sometimes the lower right leg -- same thing, the 'wet liquid' feeling, no pain, just a mysterious hot flash in my leg.  

For the record/stats: I'm 43, walk a lot, sit at a desk much of the day.  Have a torn ACL in the same leg so I wondered if it's from that.  Have stopped daily bicycling after moving to NYC where I bike just on weekends (but do much more walking now).  I frequently have lower and middle back pain and am also suffering from a very painful callous on my right foot near the little toe.  I wonder if all this "pressure" on my right side (the torn ACL, the callous) is causing sciatic nerve or other nerve damage?  

Thanks for all the stories and info -- I may try the B vitamin tactic and see if that helps.  

Onward!
WLS in NYC
Ok, I didnt think it would work but I started b-complex vitamins after I posted on Jan 24.  I have not had ANY sensations of heat since...NO JOKE>>>>>it's GONE!  My vitamins have b12, b1, b2, and b6.  Good luck to all and GO GET B-COMPLEX VITAMINS!!!
I suddenly experience this feeling in the last few days. I am 37, pretty healthy, and normal weight.
In the last week or so I have been emptying out my attic, which involved going up a stepladder and lifting some pretty heavy stuff. On one occasion I wrenched a few muscles in my back while trying to avoid dropping something. There was no obvious pain after the incident, but within 24 hours I started to experience the strange "warm coffee on the trousers" feeling. The feeling was in the back of the right thigh just below the buttock. In happened more when I sat down. I have had sciatica in my right leg in the past, and it almost felt like the same location.

Anyway the frequency of the episodes has declined over the last few days and has now all but gone. Take from this what you will, but my guess is that it is a muscle/nerve problem rather than a Vitamin deficiency or stress issue.
This is an incredibly long thread and it seems with very few answers; it seems perhaps some folks found the answer and have not returned. In any event, I have had similar symptoms. I went to the doctor, they did some blood tests and I'm low on Vitamin B12. This is reflective of a condition called Pernicious Anemia where your body has lost the ability to absorb Vitamin B12. This means taking B12 orally may not help you. I am going to have a series of B12 injections. You can read up on this here:http://www.medicinenet.com/pernicious_anemia/article.htm.

You should take this seriously because if untreated you can get nerve damage and other serious problems. Do it now before you have damage. From my reading of the above posts, this may be what 90% of you all have.
I started to feel the warming sensation on my right foot, then my left hip area, but inside had the symptom of the warming sensation.
44 year-old-male basically fit and take daily vitamins. In the winter I turn into a couch potato - so I took up playing in a weekly indoor soccer game (A fairly strenuous workout for about an hour). I now force myself to jog 20 minutes a day to prepare me for the soccer games. After my 1st game - back spasm. With more crunches and stretching my back is fine. I have had minor shin splints for a couple months - I should probably ice and rest them more. Two weeks ago I fell and had sore knees - since then a few times a day it feels like I peed on my right ankle. No swelling or color change. I suspect the fluid is my body telling me I screwed up something with my knee. After reading about the Pernicious Anemia the symptoms do not apply to me. I agree it sounds more like a muscle/nerve issues rather than a deficiency in B-12. Eventually I will have my annual physical and if my doctor tells me something I will update my post.
53-year old male in pretty good health and shape.  I have experienced same sporadic sensations of heat in right leg (separately, in thigh and shin) starting about 8 weeks ago.  

I have no answers but can offer 2 absolute changes in my life in the past 8-ish weeks:  (1)  I quit smoking "cold turkey" without any meds.  I had been a light smoker for 34 years (6-8/day).  (2)  I started taking a low dose baby aspirin daily (81mg) per my physician.  I take nothing else except a Centrum daily vitamin and occasional C, E, and Fish Oil.  

These 2 changes stem from being diagnosed with a "popliteal aneurysm" in my right knee last October following an MRI---but I have no idea if this is related to the more recent heat sensations.  Anyway, I obtained a "second opinion" from vascular surgeons at the Mayo Clinic regarding treatment of the aneurysm---and was able to quit smoking cold turkey when they told me I should have bypass surgery!!!  

Of note, this appt was also 8-ish weeks ago and I am still in shock; I guess a 3rd absolute change in my life would be a sudden mix of stress, fear, anxiety, even depression.

Don't mean to scare anybody but wanted to share my scene after finding all of you.
It appears to be nerve related.  It may possibly be caused by stress, which I suppose is what would happen if you were deficient in some vitamin or mineral.  Don't forget about protein.

I don't know about anyone else but I stopped eating meat for some time while and doing many other exotic things, and I plainly found myself falling apart.

I find that riding a stationary bicycle for 15 minutes provides great benefits.  I would eat oranges, apples, and grapes.  

Be sure your digestive system is functioning properly, meaning in part that it is systematically eliminating solid feces.  If it is not, this is probably providing avoidable stress. We should all know by now that cigarettes and alcohol perpetuate problems and expedite the aging process.

I think we hit a popular topic with one.
Clarification to my previous post:  The "bypass surgery" I mentioned, recommended by Mayo, is not a heart bypass, but rather a bypass of the popliteal artery aneurysm in my right knee---discovered incidentally during an MRI for a sport-related injury.  The heat sensations continue by the way, as does an intermittent muscle-type ache in my upper right thigh that has me equally perplexed...  
Hi all ... I'd bookmarked this a number of months ago when I had the same types of issues - a feeling of warm liquid running down the front of my thigh.

It was the start of what has now become an MS diagnosis. The warm feeling was the signal for interrupted nerve signals caused by demyelination of the spinal cord.

I'm not saying any of this is MS but -

1. Get checked for a B12 deficiency. Pernicious anaemia can causes demyelination of the spinal cord which can cause those feelings.

2. Make sure your sciatic nerve is OK. Don't just let it go.

3. Ask for and see if you can find a neurologist who will recommend an MRI. Thank God mine did. They acted very quickly. And please remember - a clear MRI does not mean nothing is happening. If you are writing here - it is NOT just "in your head"

4. Certainly stretch and do whatever exerice you do - but that heat, that liquid is a signal of nerve demage already. You need to find out what is causing it.

5. MS is not the only condition that cuases demyelination. There are many others.  

Just adding my experience of the warm, liquid sensation.  Mine happens in the left armpit and goes into my left breast.  It started a few days ago on a short flight.  The sun was streaming through the window of the plane, and I thought it was the heat from this, but the sensation continued throughout the day.  I have the sensation about 10 times an hour.

After reading through the posts I have some similar symptoms to other people.  I recently had a virus which was like a heavy cold complete with stuffed up sinuses and very phlegmy lungs.  This lasted for 4 to 5 weeks and I was still working during the time.  I have had problems with my Psoas muscle (lower back) for over 2 years.  I sit for very long periods of time for my job (in IT) and I travel a lot, so fly weekly (flights are less than 2 hours).  I have just started exercising again after the virus, 2 to 3 times a week.  I think my heat sensation is just a symptom of lots of other things that are happening at the moment, causing my body to be stressed.

I've just started taking B complex tablets after reading the other posts, so am hoping this will do the trick.

I'm female, 38, reasonably fit but my diet isn't great - not enough fruit and veg.  So maybe this is my body's way of asking for something extra after my illness.
Hi, posting this comment on behalf of my husband......we are from Bristol in the UK and he has been experiencing this warm feeling down the back of his right thigh for a couple of months now...he gets its about 20 times a day and says it feels like someone has poured wet down him.  Dont know if he gets it in his sleep, as it has never woken him.

Been really worried about it, but feel better for reading all comments as there seems to be a strange link to the Vitamin B suggestion......he has also had a sore patch on the tip of his tongue for a couple of months, that hasnt really healed, whilst researching this sore patch it seems that it can be caused by lack of Vitamin B....coincidence or what !!!

So am off out to get him some Vit B and see what happens to his tongue and his warm leg problem.  He also has bad back which seems connected as well.

Will keep you udpated
Just an update on my post from the 23rd Feb.  I took a vitamin B complex for about 10 days, and the sensation has completely stopped now.
I used to have the same issue for many years, sometimes it was so pronounced it woke me up at night, funny thing is last year I had a massive seizure while at work and it hasnt happened since... went to a neurologist as my doctor was concerned with the possibility of brain damage, they put me through a bunch of different tests, everything came out good... havnt had those warm sensations since then though...
Hi everyone, im a 24 yr old male, I was very active up until a month or 2 ago, when school and work became very stressful and heavy.  I used to go to the gym 3-4times a week, but now the only physical activity i do is taking the dog out.

Ive been getting the random Warm leg sensations for about 3 weeks, at first it just seemed totally random, but it seems to be happening a little more often, too much to ignore and not be concerned about.   Im going to go see my doctor this week, I really hope it isnt anything serious, or about to become serious and that it is just stress related, but I will post my results for everyone.

Hi All, I can't believe when i looked this up I found this forum. May I add my problem. I have a warm wet feeling going down my entire left thigh muscle area. I do have some major back problems to possibly attribute this to, but never felt this in al the years I have had these back problems. Mine has been going on for 2 weeks now and happens about 20 times a day. It sometimes is so bad that I lose strength in that thigh and my leg wants to give out. I am afraid to even bother with a doctor because it doesn't seem like many answers are showing up here. Has anyone's problem became worse or better with time?
I've been having the same weird warm/hot sensation on my legs (maily left leg) and my thighs, sometimes my stomach area for about 2 weeks now. Sometimes when I go under the blanket I will get really really hot like my body is burning (but not sweating). My skin looks fine. I went to the doctor and she did blood test on me first. Everything looks great; the only thing that is a little off is my thyoid is a little bit low (6). They said 6.5 to 10 is considered normal. So she wants me to take Synthroid for three months and see if things improve.  I am hoping that's the problem cause I am afraid I might have MS or something really serious. Will keep posting.
(By the way, I am a 32 female with excellent health otherwise. I don't even get sick easily.)
I also have that warm feeling -- top of my left foot. I had a test for a blood clot but it wasn't that -- going for more tests this and next week -- at least we're all not alone!
wow i didnt expect to see so many people with this weird heat sensation mine is in my right thigh. i wasnt really worried about well a lil but now im really nervous about the blood clot thing!!!!!!!
I HOPE THIS HELPS

Hi all i'm actually a young Doctor 27y/o currently in my surgery residency.... healthy otherwise and i started to experience very similair symptoms.... a Warm sensation that starts at the lower Right half of my back and radiates all the way to the sole of my Right feet. It isnt painful, feels like as though i put Ben Gay or Icy Hot cream on that leg... Always on the Right leg and a warm shower can elicit it... i asked a couple of my doctor friends non had a clue !!!?? and i don't blame them we havent taken it in med school nor during training/residency.... i did a research my self & couldn't find anything that makes sense.... until..

I did a basic neurologic physical exam on my self and that is i compared the sensation on both of my legs. First of all both feel the same temperature to touch (so we know its not really physically warm - just feels as though it is warm in our heads.. a blood clot will be a red swollen calf that is hotter/warmer to touch and painful when flexing the foot "Homans' sign"). Also my sensations to light touch on my Right leg was increased compared to my left leg. Also using a pin to compare pain sensation (light touches with a pin - no need for poking holes through) i noticed they are increased on my Right>Left..  From what i know and studied in books, med school and the hospital, and what i researched...

I think this is most definitely a nerve/s issue causing transient local Hyperesthesia (hypersensitivity), etc.. A lot come in mind but 2  are high on the list that can cause weird symptoms like this

1- Vitamin B Complex deficiency (Very Common & Most Likely)
2- Multiple Sclerosis

If you look at the info i pasted below you will find that Vit B def major cause is STRESS, followed by dietary habits that most people do... plus its much more common than MS.. MS can present with a very WIDE variety of symptoms one of them is sensory disturbances, but also MULTIPLE areas are affected.... its to check for a Vit B deficiency & take supplements if you do & if not its important to rule out MS...

1- VITAMIN B COMPLEX DEFICIENCY:

MAJOR CAUSES

Vitamin B complex comprises a number of vitamins that exist as a family. They should not be taken individually. In this modern era, millions of people suffer from a deficiency of vitamin B for several reasons, chief among which are:

- STRESS!!!!: emotional, physical and spiritual

- Processed foods in the diet: these are not real foods and so they tax the body

- Refined sugar. The average person consumes at least 140 pounds of sugar a year which robs the body of its vitamin B stores

- Drugs: both recreational and prescription drugs deplete vitamin B

- Toxins: poisons in the environment and personal care products deplete vitamin B complex

- Malnutrition. Most people are malnourished because they are not eating the right kinds of foods

- Cooking. Most people do not eat enough real, raw foods, so vitamin B is killed or so depleted that people are not getting enough of it in the diet

2- Multiple Sclerosis

Patients with MS initially have a difficult time describing their symptoms because, in the most common form of the disease (relapsing-remitting MS), the symptoms appear and subsequently resolve. The sine qua non of MS is that the symptoms are separated in time and space. These symptoms affect DIFFERENT parts of the body at DIFFERENT times. As an example, a patient may present with paresthesias of a hand that resolves, followed in a couple of months by weakness in a leg or visual disturbances (eg, diplopia).

In the early phase of the disease, patients frequently do not bring these symptoms to the attention of their doctors because the problems resolve. Ultimately, the disease is recognized by the patient, which leads to a medical evaluation. Because, early in the disease course, the primary symptoms (eg, sensory disturbance, fatigue, pain) may be invisible to the examiner, patients are often initially misdiagnosed. However, the chronically recurring nature of the disease eventually leads to a correct diagnosis in most patients.

I hope this helps...
Hi all.

I have been reading all the above for a while now as my wife has similar problems. Dr_E's posting 2 days ago is the only posting on this entire website that actually tries to offer a solution. There are some earlier postings that bring up MS, and Vitamin B deficiency and other vitamin deficiencies as possible causes.

As a non-sufferer of the above, I see a pattern of 3 different symptoms above and they may or may not be relate to each other. The common symptom is that they are all painless and involve a warm traveling sensation.

The 1st is a local warm internal sensation inside the area concerned, lasts about 5 seconds , is very local, and can shift to different parts of the body but usually involves the lower leg, thigh, and sometimes the arm.

The 2nd symptom is like the 1st but is described as a wet feeling on the skin. This 'on-the-skin' and wet feeling is very different to the internal feeling described immediately above and one that my wife does not experience at all. This one seems more confined to the leg and doesn't appear to shift around the body.

The 3rd symptom appears to also be like the 1st but is not as local. Dr_E's symptoms above cover a very large area comparatively speaking to those of my wife's and also contains a sensation that appears to be on the skin.

I am only offering my thoughts in the belief that, in contributing to this thread, some more definition of the problem and hence more definitive answers may eventuate.
I wonder if anyone is still following this thread. About a month since the last post. Many people I've read about never came back to say if their solutions worked.
I am a 22 yo male. For me it started a couple of years ago on the outside of my ankle. (Thought I had warm air coming through near my brake peddle.) During that time I felt that sensation once or twice a day for about 5-10 sec. It stopped within a month's time.
Now the feeling just recently returned. About a week ago I felt it again on my right ankle. Everything was the same. (It actually feels good). Up until yesterday that was the only spot. It seems that it moved to the right side of a certain area. Now the feeling happens about 5 times in 10 min and stops for about an hour and starts again.
Just wanted to know what this is. I'm not scared just a little worried.

Recently I've been getting adjusted to working midnight shift and going through some good changes in my marriage.
I personally think that this is stress related although I am a generally relaxed person. It could be any level of subconscious stress that is affecting your nerves. I have a feeling that this will go away in a few more days. It would be cool if I could reproduce that feeling through meditation or something.
Also I'll try the vitamins...
I have damaged discs in my lower spine, diagnosed via MRIs. They are crushed, protruding, pinching etc. This has been going on for a couple of years. It leads to severe back back, for which I am being treated. That said, only recently have I noticed a warm patch on my upper leg, near my pelvis, sort of beside my right pocket. At first I thought I had something in there that I may have left on - nada. The sensation is always in the same spot. No pain, no rash - just warmth. I can only guess it is attributed to my back injury. Since it is only week old, I have not mentioned it to my doc yet. I've got an appointment coming up soon. Will let you know what he says. Strange indeed...
Hello I am back.

I posted about 2 monthes ago. Originally I had a blood test and my Dr. thought my Thyroid was a little low and wanted to put me on Synthroid. I DID NOT take any Synthroid though (because my family doctor back in my home town thought, according to my blood test, my thyroid was still within the normal range). I did another blood test a month later and turned out my thyroid is fine. So I never took Synthroid.

But I've been researching these symptoms on Chinese websites since I can read Chinese, and I found a lot of websites talking about similar symptoms (as well as other symtoms (symptoms)). To name just a few, people may feel like they have obnormal hot sensations, or feeling hot or cold over their body (not realy temperature hot or cold, just the sensation), having sweaty palms, muscle twichings, tingling, feeling tired, headaches, dizzy spells, difficulty in breathing, or can't sleep well...etc. It could be just one symptom or many different symptoms combined, but usually doctors can't never really find anything physically wrong with the patients even though all kinds of tests have been done.

What I learned is (and I am trying to explain as best as I can what I learned through those websites) that this could be because your automatic nervous system (I am directly translating it from Chinese; I am not sure if this is the correct medical term  in English) is out of balance and that can give you a lot of strange symptoms. And because symptoms can be so varied and different, it's so hard to diagnose.

The automatic nervous system is unconscious and we have no control over it. It consists of two parts - the parasympathetic and the sympathetic nervous systems. These two systems have opposing roles and are activated according to the different needs of the individual. The parasympathetic system is activated during our sleep, and the sympathetic system is activated when we are awake. It's a really fine balance and stuff like stress can be one reason to really mess up the system. Also lack of sleep or not having a healthy sleepying schedule everyday (like staying late everyday) can mess it up too. When it's out of balance, all kind of weird things can happened to our bodies. According to the websites, this can be a "modern disease" since lots of us are under constant stress thus/or not having enougth sleep nowadays.

I am terrible at getting good quality of sleep; I am the kind of person that stays late everyday. So I actually tried to go to bed early and get enought sleep every night for like 3 weeks and eventually, I did feel a lot better and the weird feeling went away.
(Now the tingling legs did come back because I've been bad getting enough sleep again... but it's my own fault).

So it might be worth trying. If you did go to doctor and had test done but nothing is wrong with you, ask yourself if you are the type of person that are consntantly worrying about things, or stressed out, or have bad sleeping habit. Try to relax and don't sweat over little things and go to bed early everyday and take vitamine B. See if this helps at all. It might be just simple as that.

That is sort of what I've been getting at most sites actually; which is why I mentioned meditation. Sounds good but I never have time to just sit to myself nowadays. And as for as sleep goes; I work the midnight shift 3 of 7 nights of the week so have no real sleep schedule.
Anyway, remember how I mentioned that the last time it happened it only hapened to me for a little while. Well some time in the past few days the warmth stopped. (I've been sleeping for about 8hours or so the last few days as well.) I'm interested to see if they will come back soon and where.
I've been drinking alot of vitamin water for about a month now. Doesn't seam to affect it but I just wanted to throw that out there.
More sleep...hmm...I get on average only 4-5 hours per night. I do my best work (PC repair) in the wee hour when the house is quiet. I guess between getting more sleep and dosing with some regular vitamin B Complex (on many prescription drugs to eat it up) and those warm patches will probably go away. I feel better already - thanks y'all....
Yeah I am really interested to know how many of us have bad sleeping habits... (Myself for example, I would fall asleep on the couch watch late night TV around 11pm-ish, and then wake up a couple of hours later like around 3 or 4am, and I will do some stuff like reading books or go use computer, and then gp back to sleep... not a healthy habit at all.)

As for stress, not all stress are caused by bad things. Regular daily stuff/ or even good things can cause stress without us realizing it too.

I think it's important to get good night's sleep, if you can change your habit or if you have a choice, it's better not to work at night even thought you might sleep during the day time. I think our bodies know when it's night time and dark outside, and that's the time we are supposed to be resting. One thing though, since it took awhile to mess things up, it might also take awhile for you to notice that you are getting better after you start getting good night's sleep.
You mentioned PC work. I'm an Analyst for a few hospitals here in Louisiana. Crazy thought: what if this was PC related.. Question now is to ask people with this problem; "How many hours do you spend at a computer?" or better yet, "What position do you stay in for most of the day?"
I'm a 50 year old female.  For 30 years now, I've had the "warm spot" occasionally appear.  It's in the back of my left calf.  I'd say it's about 6 inches above my ankle bone.  What I sense is a heat that starts as if someone had a red hot iron a foot away from my skin.  I've talked to my doctors throughout the years.  They say it's nothing.  I take a multi-vitamin.  I drink a normal amount of water:  6-8 glasses a day.  I wish I could just get reassurance on what this is and if it indicates anything.  
So I am a 22 year old Female and about a week ago I started getting this warm sensation behind the outside of my ankle bone on the left side. I graduated with a Human, Nutrition, Food, and Exercise degree so I have learned about a lot of random stuff. HOwever, this I am not so sure about. I have this feeling like something is peeing on my ankle. It's very awkward because I look down every time regardless. Anyways, I think it could be a nerve problem. I do have back problems. I have a disc that is out of place. I got it fixed back in December but I fell coming on the sidewalk when it was frosty and since then i've been having problems again. It gave me terrible burning sensations in my shins and mainly my right hip. The disc was actually pressing on my nerves coming out of the spinal cord in the the 4th lumbar region. I was looking up some things on the internet about this ankle thing and came across this forum and this information.
"Abnormal nerve sensations such as pins-and-needles, tingling, burning, prickling or similar feelings are all known as "paresthesias". They usually result from nerve damage due to pressure (such as a pinched nerve), nerve entrapment, or diseases. Continued nerve damage can lead to numbness.

Paresthesias can affect various parts of the body. Hands, fingers, and feet are common sites but all are possibilities. Afflictions of specific nerves or spinal nerves can also cause paresthesias in particular skin areas of the body. "

This Paresthiesia can happen just about anywhere it is just more common in the hands, fingers, feet. So I feel like this could be an answer. But I really think it is coming from the back. It's amazing how your nerves travel so far but really every nerve stems from your spinal cord so if it is pinched at the beginning it will affect where ever it innervates. Not to mention everyone here seems to have back problems or sits for long periods of time which can cause pinching.
  This is just a suggestion. Maybe look into it if you can.
Hope some of this helps. I sure want to know what this is. I'm too young to have all these problems!!
Sorry to re-post, but I am very active and healthy and I am 5'4'' and about 128 pounds. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week. So I don't believe its because you are unactive or overweight because I am neither. I still stand by the nerve/back problem.
Wow, I really thought I was going crazy.  About 2 weeks ago I started getting a warm sensation in my left shin and sometimes my left ankle.  I had no idea I'd find anyone with the same thing when I did the google search.

I am 49 years old and have a herniated disc in my back.  I've had that for a long time so didn't really think it had anything to do with my heat sensation.  I am at a desk behind a computer most of the day.

It's great to know I'm not going crazy!!!
Had the warming sensation about the size of my palm on my lower left shin for about 2 months.  For the past 3 weeks I haven't felt it once. I wish I could tell you that I did something different to make it go away but I didn't.  It seems to have worked itself out.  So keep faith out there, the body is an amazing thing and can usually fix it self better than any outside remedy.

By the way, I am a 28 yo white male 6'1" 190lbs and pretty active.  I am a big believer in the Crossfit.com philosophy of fitness.  Although pretty fit, I have extremely poor flexibility in my hamstrings.  That could lead to all sorts of problems.

Take care out there.  Try not to worry.  I tend to think that has something to do with it as well.
Hi, everything you guys are experiencoing is real and is Nerve damage, the issue is where , why and how bad?
My suggestionis to look at a web site on spinal issues, there is also alot of good stories on thes sites explain how these people symptoms started just like ours.
I found I have multiple damaged areas from a car accident in Jan this year.
Im hoping with " Activity modification" as the doctor puts it and some spine decompression, lost of water and Vit to rehydrate the disc's that it wont go any further for me, but the possibility is there.
Go look and read, watch for worsening sympotms.
Nerver damage can and is usuallly be permenant, so the faster you act the better.
Dont be scared, just be smart and educate your self on what else to look for.
This is a back issue!!!!!!!! PLease go loook into it to see if you have other symptoms that might show you need get to the doctor before the damage is irreversible.
Good luck to all!!!!!
Oh and I will find some links that helped me to understand and post them later.
www.caudaequina.org
This website give ggof info on how bad this can be if you and or your doctor ignores your nerve damage and it gets worse. Its fast and not pretty.
Keep an eye out for these symptoms.
And good luck
I've had the warm sensation down the back of my right leg for the past week.   Starts at the upper back thigh and runs down to calf.  I have read most of this blog  and will be going to the doctor asap and also starting the B-vitamins asap.  Will update all in the future.
Just to throw in my experience, I am a 39yo F and am active and fit, although I had my first baby three months ago so my fitness level is down. I began experiencing a warm, flushed feeling in my left lateral ankle several weeks ago. Like many of you, it felt like warm liquid. It has been fascinating to find this thread and discover how many others have experienced the same. I took prental vitamins throughout the pregnancy, but they ran out several weeks ago (coincidence?) and I haven't replaced them with a multi. I'm a firefighter so I don't sit much, but have a lot of tension in my back. The new baby (along with 24 hour shifts) has caused sleep disturbances, and my stress level is definitately elevated. Anyway, thanks to previous posters for information they've found. I will start taking a MV again (with v. B12) and perhaps see my doc. I'll certainly pass on any info I discover.
Cheers.
Thank God for such a great forum. I too suffer from a heat like  sensation or warmth in my lower foot sometimes this sensation appears around my left knee area as well. These symptoms first appeared 1 yr ago. They come and go. They dissapeared for a while but now they are back. I also had sensation of pins and needles in my right arm. At the beginning I thought I was heading for a stroke ...but by twisting my neck I make these sensations diminish and eventually dissappear...In examining my symptoms and reading the posting in this forum I have come to the conclusion that is is related to a pinched nerve and to spine degenerative changes. Maybe a plain XRay will show some narrowing of the spine.I have a problem with narrowing of my C5 and C6. (a combination of an old neck wiplash and aging-I am 53yrs old). I am not too worried.I hope it this posting can help all you suferers to come to some conclusions...Good Luck ..
I'm so glad that I am not crazy!!!!  Yay!  I am a 38 year old female and I started having this warm sensation about the size of my hand, on my right ankle two years ago.  The sensation stopped for about a year and now it is back in the same spot.  My friends say menopause... No Way!!!
On April 25, '08 Dr_E posted a logical explanation and I think I will try the vitamin B.  
I'm over weight about fifteen lbs. and I am active, for the most part, but also sit a lot while studying for college.  I have no real medical problems or physical limitations.
In reading all of the above it seems to me that maybe the vitamin B deficiency might be worth checking out.

Believe, Faith, Hope, Love,
Roxanne M.
Hi all,

I've not read all the posts, but a great lot of them.  My suggestion - please don't panic.

I'm not a doctor, but have neurosarcoidosis. From my experience of nerve problems, just a few comments. (I'm not suggesting that you should test for neurosarcoidosis, by the way. Because we walk up straight, we are bound to have disc problems and these could simply be caused by pinched nerves. I'm also not excluding blood clots, but would just like to share my experience.)

I've had all kinds of nerve symptoms, including these hot sensations which are commonly nerve-related. Burning feet may point to diabetic symptoms (also signifying nerve-related damage).

Before you don't show any other symptoms that will help your physicians pinpoint the problem, it's a bit premature to panic.

Other nerve-related symptoms may be small pressure points (like someone applying medium pressure with e.g. a finger), tingling sensations, pins-and-needles, loss of sensation, or burning, such as down the sciatic nerve. I also had strange painful sensations when shivering, or when getting a big fright - it actually hurt.

If nerves further deteriorate, other symptoms may start, such as muscle weakness. Then your physician starts getting a profile to work with. Only one symptom isn't very helpful to start an investigation, but he/she will know what to do.

The one 'medication' that has really helped for me, is Neurobion. It's available over the counter, while a little expensive. It's just a vitamin B complex, but I think the B12 is the important one, since you don't easily find that combination. My GP also said it provides oxygen to the nerves. I've been using it for about 24 months, and can't live without it - it took away the pain completely. I drink 2 a day and have found that is just on the edge. If I reduce, the pain comes back (deep dull pain). Try finding your own balance (consult your doctor!).

This supplement beats taking pain pills!

Just keep in mind (I suppose the timeframe will depend on the level of nerve damage) that Neurobion has an accumulative effect. What I mean by that is that, when I stop using it (when on corticosteroids I don't need it for pain management), I loose the accumulative advantage, and have to take it for about 2 weeks before it really starts kicking in again, and the pain subsides. The long-term effect of Neurobion is positive.

This is just for your info, I hope it helps you to make informed decisions.

- Ingrid
(South Africa)
I'm a 26 year old male and my job entails sitting at a desk all day.  I have the sensation of hot liquid on my inner left thigh that comes and goes.  I reckon I'll try drinking more water and walking daily and see how it goes.  I can't say that it's painful, but it is very uncomfortable.  Since it's on my inner thigh, it feels like I pissed myself...very odd.  I just want to be sure it's not a symptom of something serious.  (like staph infection or something)
My warm feeling down my calf started about 6 months ago.  When it first happened I thought I pee'd myself! haha  For real, it was the strangest feeling.  Then I got worried and could not figure out what was going on.  I have bad neck problems and compressed nerves in my neck and thought maybe it was that.  Then after about a month the feeling went away. I went to have a massage and the lady massaged the back of my legs and the feeling immediately returned and I have had it since.
I don't understand why it is coming and going.
This thread is the only information about it on the web.
hi, i have the trickling feeling, but no heat.
my right hip is numb from a tummy tuck a year ago, so i wonder if a nearve got pinched and I didnt know it from the numbness?  I didnt start to feel the "trickle" until about a month ago. I had to do a cross country trip (driving for hours) and remember my "bottom" getting sore from sitting so long and also that it seemed uncomfortable to have foot on the gas peddle so long with that constant pressure for level speed while driving.
I noticed the feeling around my ankles at first and now it has moved up my leg, just one leg. and is more pronounced. i already take a vit b complex with reg vits and thats it. i am active as i have 3 kids to chase behind and a company to run and a full time student too.

Im leaning to nearve damage at my hip joint or ankle from driving (like carpal tunnel of the leg?)  i am going to see (1st) dr about it today, with hopes for a referral to a nearve speciallist.

ps, my thyroid is fine, as is my sugar level and i dont have any of that hairloss or other back/neck pain.

I will also call my plastic surgeon who did the tummy tuck after i had my baby, to see if he has heard of this.

still betting it is from long hours driving, as thats when all seemed to start up.

OH YEA!  recently, i have started to use an electric blanket at night around that leg, i think the heat from it helps to mask the trickling feeling, as that is more noticable at night.
Glad to know that I am not alone.  Began having the warm "peed down my leg" feeling a little over a week ago - always on the inner left thigh.  Has gone from a once a day occurrence to several times a day.  Had one episode of slight swelling around my left ankle, but this has not returned.  Was worried about a blood clot and even MS (my mom has MS so has been a big worry).  I'm 43, moderately physically active and have no weight issues.  Am somewhat stresseed dealing with helping take care of mom (totally disabled), raising 4 active boys, dealing with teenage attitude issues (love the rolling of the eyes!), working part time, volunteering in the schools, etc.  Read previous posts mentioning hormones.  Have wondered about hormone issues myself.  I have begun having episodes of spontaneous collapsed lungs (requiring only 1 hospital visit) - internet research on this has made me wonder if that problem is related to a hormonal issue. Maybe related to the WLS as well? Read some of the posts to my husband and he immediately ran to get me a vitamin.  Going to give this a try (since I have stopped taking vitamins for quite some time now) and well as drinking more water - another thing I dont do enough of. Will report back.  Good luck to all and please report back your results with different "treatments", tests, Dr. diagnoses, etc.
I first noticed the "warming" feeling in my right ankle when I was driving - - but my air conditioning in the car was on full blast.  My guesstimate of my issue is it is related to my prior bulging disk many years ago.  I believe it is related as my right calf pulsates 24/7 and my doctor said it is mostly likely the disk issue.  I will not purse it further unless it gets worse and at that point my first thought is to go to a chiropractor to see if the pressure on my bulging disk could bring relief.
Now today during my year physical the doc told my he may have felt a cyst on my thyroid gland.  I will have this investigated asap by getting an unltrasound.
Hey Everyone,
                       I've been reading everbody's comments about these warm sensations. Some say it's a lack of excercise and from sitting at desks all day. I just turned 38 and recently started getting this warm feeling in my upper right thigh. It comes and goes, but no pain or anything. Just a feeling like someone's pouring warm water on my leg. But I work out 6 days a week and do lots of walking at my job. It actually started right after I did a real hard workout on my legs. I've been working out for about 5 years and this is the first time this has ever happened. Plus 5 days a week of doing cardio as well. So I think some of the comments about sitting around or not walking enough doesn't have anything to do with it. I'll still go see the doctor anyway but I hope it isn't anything serious.
I just noticed this is a guy's forum and I'm not a guy but I started having this warm wet sensation yesterday just under my left breast, which happened several times yesterday but not so far today.  Just thought I would mention that mine seems to be in the same area that I had an outbreak of shingles 2 or 3 years ago, is that true of anyone else's?  There is a thing called postherpetic neuralgia which is usually severe pain but can be hypersensitivity or abnormal sensation.  Just an idea.
Hi,  I am 33 years old, office desk job and play football 3 times a week and I too have the warm sensation in my right thigh when sitting at my desk and sometimes driving. Thank you to those who recommended the vit B complex, although the inital scare of pissing bright green scared me I now no longer have the warm sensations, thank you all!
I have also experienced the warming liquid sensation down my left thigh.  Question... How many people keep their cell phone in their left front pocket as I do?
I've been experiencing the same thing! I've had a warm, wet sensation in the back of right thigh for about 4 days now. It seems to be nerve related. I have 2 disc compressions in my c-spine and had a disc fusion 5 years ago. I also recently experienced numb/pins and needles feelings in my left arm, pinky, and ring finger after painting my sons room. I made an appt with my Dr. and a neurologist for later this month.

For what its worth I've been on B-12 (and prenatal vitamins) for more than 2 years so I don't think its a deficiency, at least in my case. Also, I don't sit at a desk (anymore). I'm a 30-year-old stay-at-home mom who chases/carries her son all day and I'm doing way too many physically demanding things around the house b/c I just moved.

Glad I found this board.
I've got it too. "Periodic warm sensation in lower left leg."  Just started four days ago. Perhaps someone following this discussion can summarize the significant posts? I'm overwhelmed by how many others are dealing with the same symptoms.
Hello Bustus,

It seems there are four important points that have come out of this discussion so far. I have this sensation in my right leg just above the knee.

One-Lack of Sleep. I have actually been forcing myself to sleep less. My logic has been "you only live once, why miss it sleeping?" That will have to change.

Two-Stress. I have recently changed jobs and, although the job is interesting and exciting, I am still uncomfortable with the position and what is expected of me. I'll have to relax and go with the flow. Get some exercise.

Three-Nerve damage. I'll have to visit my chiropractor regularly, get a massage, stretch, get some exercise.

Four-Lack of vitamin B12. I have recently started taking a heart medication. Taking a little extra vitamin won't hurt.

It seems if none of the above works, after about six weeks, it would be time to see a doctor.

Cheers,
Montreal209
33 y/o male, healthy but focused on losing a few pounds.  I just made a significant change in my eating habits and have started working out 5-6 days per week (over the past few weeks).  I have recently begun feeling the warm sensation in both my left and right thigh.  It only lasts for a few seconds; however, it happens very frequently throughout the day and in most instances it happens in each leg at the same time.  

I have read through a lot of your comments.  I share an elevated stress level and poor sleeping habits.  I will focus on improving both of these factors.  I will read more about vitamin B to determine if I need to increase my intake.  If the condition persists, I will see a doctor.  I do not suffer from any injuries (back, neck, or other), and have never suffered from any kind of nerve damage.
I'm 52 from the Bahamas 5"9" 195lbs. work out (speed walk or jog) 4-5 times a week for 2-6 miles, take vitamins, eat fairly healthy  but have this 20-30 second heat sensation in my left calf area maybe once or twice per week. Take blood  pressure pills everyday, have regular checkups not gone to the doctor but came across this site for some ideas. Do not drink a whole lot of water but will try drinking more.

alfi
I too have had this feeling recently, first time today as a matter of fact, and it really freaked me out! I was jogging back from putting out my trash, and noticed the rushing feeling as soon as I stopped. I also had severe back pain that made me sick to my stomach (due to 2 herniated discs in my thoracic spine).  Mine is in the back of my right thigh at the top. It feels like the blood is rushing through, I even checked in the mirror a couple times to make sure, it was so intense. I do have a sit down job, and have not been very active lately, due to some depression form divorce. I see my doctor next Monday, but if it gets worse, I will be calling him sooner.

jo
Dot2Dot, good point about the cell phone in the pocket. For me it might be the wallet, although that's been only getting thinner :( . I'm a 45 y/o male and it's been the upper right side of the right calf for me the past few days. More stress lately (doesn't that seem to cause everything?), not as much sleep, still exercising but less motivated though not depressed. Vitamin intake shouldn't be a problem, though I've lost weight (190 now) over the past several months due to smaller diet. Water intake is good. Guess I'll wait and see. Happy to see this forum and will check in often.
Well, just as everyone else here, I have also been experiencing the warm sensation.  Mine has been on the back of my upper thigh right where my thigh meets my butt.  I have a 10 month old son and the best way for me to explain it is, when I'm holing my son on my hip and he pees in his diaper and my hip gets warm from his pee.  That's what it feels like on my thigh.  It is not warm to the touch, which is what worries me, cause that means that it is internally.  Even though i know nothing is there i still reach around and try to grab it, it still surprises me every time it happens.  It seems to happen more often everyday.  Oh yeah i am a 23 year old white female, and most of the people posting on here are older, so anyway not real sure whats going on but would really like to know.  I guess Monday i will make a Dr.'s appointment
Wow, like most all of you I googled this new warmth issue of mine and voila! I am so glad to have found this forum. My warmth is on my right foot and comes at odd times. At first I thought it was just heat coming from a vent while driving but then of course noticed it at random other times. Several times a day. For the past few weeks. It is the oddest sensation and you've all described it perfectly! I've read every post and someone mentioned a new mattress? I'm wondering if the new mattress could be my problem since my problem started right after that (I think anyway). And a bit of a low back pain at the same time. Funny, my husband says he feels better than he has in years, back wise.
And many of you have mentioned Vitamin B complex....which I usually take but have left out for the past few weeks while taking three different antibiotics for a persistent UTI (urinary tract infection). Hmmmm....anyway, just wanted to say hello and say thanks for all the info. Like many of you I will wait and see...(I'm sure if there was pain involved there would be no 'waiting and seeing' :).
Wow, amazing...I honestly have not gone to the doctors and didn't know why I was having this warm sensation.  I freak out easily and am paranoid, but I've tried to maintain  myself calm.  Fortunately, finding out i'm not the only one made me feel a little better.  I started with warm sensation on my lower left leg.  Like a burning warm sensation that would last just seconds, go away and come back.  It'd be like that for about an hour then it would disappear and not happen again until a few months later.  Now I'm getting that sensation on my right arm.  Not a burning, but a warm sensation.  Weird.  I'm gonna try to watch what I eat and exercise more often and see if that helps at all.  But I will visit the doctor if it doesn't go away.  
I went to my doctor last week, and told him of the warm sensation in the back of my right upper thigh (which I still have). He told me it was disc related (3 herniated) and prescribed muscle relaxers,  I also take hydrocodone for back pain. I just started them today, will keep everyone posted whether this helps or not. He said he would also like to try a nerve block. I would suggest everyone who posted here to go see a doctor of some sort, as no one else seems to have done so. I'm not sure about the foot warmth, but the upper legs seems to be disc related. Hope this helps averyone.

jo
I have been watching this site for a month or so while doing research on my condition pain from hip to toe and warm feelings around ankle. I am 39 and a Industial Mechanic. My physical condition is actually one of my tools.I have been almost useless because of the pain. I spend alot of time driving. I found a condition called Piriformis Syndrome that sounds alot like what bothers me. I have no back pain but extreme hip and leg pain. In the past two weeks I have been following excersises (search for periformis tennis ball excersises) and streches.I bought 2 seat pads from wal-mart($7.00) for my personal and work truck and in the last two weeks I feel much better and will continue with this. I hope someone will get something from this.
How rare it is to think you have strange, rare symptoms and find so many others with exactly the same complaint!  Count me in as another WLS sufferer.  It's been about a week for me, and my mild case is confined to the front of my lower right leg.  As for my contributing factors:
1. Stress: YES
2. Sleep: not enough
3. Exercise: not enough
4. Diet: good

I intend to do better with each, and dose up on B complex, and I'll be happy to write back with my results for better or worse.
I have been coming to this site for about a year and 1/2.  I started out with the warm sensation on my left leg and it expanded to a numbness/altered sensation of heat and cold on my entire left side.  ( In a hot shower, my left side would feel like the water was cold, etc.)
I have been to see a neurologist, had 3 MRIs, evoked potential exams, a CT scan and many other tests.  The symptoms started to abate after about a month but I am left with residual problems with numbness.  I was sent to an MS specialist also.  The working diagnosis is "transverse myelitis".  My doctors seem to think this is an unusual phenomenon.....I wish they would read these postings.  I think it would be worth some research.  Some things seem to stand out to me....sitting at a computer or hard exercise, viral infection, shingles, stress.  If anyone can put this mystery together it would be fabulous....good luck to all!  Has anyone else been diagnosed with transverse myelitis??
im 16 and had a recent injury on my bike(i ride in freestyle bmx) a few days after the injury i have started to get a hot pain in my lower left leg. at first it only lasted a few seconds and happened once or twice a day, now though, its constant. i didnt hurt the leg during the injury. im going back to the doctors tomorrow to get it looked at. the pain throbs sometimes being as bad as a charlie horse, and sometimes as mild as having a heating pad on the back of my leg. ill write again tomorrow when i find what doc says. add me to the list of people with this weird sensation...
I'm SO glad to find out this isn't a serious problem. For the last 4 years I had a sit-down job. No problems. I have old knee and ankle injuries, so my "activity" levels are moderate. I can't run, but I do everything else possible. I know also have a non-sit-down job, working retail, standing and walking 8 hours per day. This type of work has never given me troubles in the past., which is why I went back to it after sitting and gaining weight for years. I am 30, about 5'7" and roughly 160lbs.  I am otherwise healthy except I am hypoglycemic and get vestibular migraines. I had an MRI two months ago for tinnitus and vertigo, but nothing was unusual with the scans. Only within the last month have I started to have the "peeing down my leg" feeling. It was so unusual and weird, but I didn't think anything of it until my left hand started going numb as well. I called my neurologist, but they said that stress was likely the main contributor. I do believe that lack-of-good-sleep is definitely a factor as well. I will have to try the vitamin B12 and/or B complex and report back. This is definitely a real condition, and all the idiots who feel the need to mock people and leave stupid comments need to find something better to do with their time. We're actually trying to get some answers here. Thanks all,
I've also had the warm sensation (no pain) in my right thigh below my buttocks area. It started around the same time I started taking iron supplements (not sure if that's related). When it first started, it was only once or twice a day but gradually became constant through out the day. It can happen at anytime (sitting, standing, walking) and it felt like it could also be triggered after a hot shower. In any case, I read this post and started taking a vitamin B complex and after about 3 weeks or so, the warm sensations completely went away! I can't say for sure that it was definitely the vitamin B but it is definitely worth a try.
Well everyone I am surprised no one brought this up but I had the severe hot flashes in my lower left shin and sometimes thigh.  Very hot, unbearable.  You must all notice that your leg moves unwarranted especially when your in bed not doing anything.  This is when you get the hot flashes in your leg, going to bed, sitting on couch, etc.  Relaxing mostly.  Your leg will move a little , you may not notice it but it does with these hot flashes.

I have taken MIROPLEX , off and on.  For restless leg syndrom (syndrome).  Its typically used for MS patients but the MIROPLEX works .  NO hot flashes, no movement of leg, etc.  Now I take it off and on, which you really shouldn't but when I don't take it the symptoms return but only if I am off it for a week or two.  It's pretty interesting.  

Let me know if anyone else has same story...
Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd write again after a few weeks and give some good news. All I did was make sure I got about a half-hour more sleep here and there and, presto, the problem went away.

Cheers
Montreal209
So good to know I probably don't have anything too serious. I'm 45 yr old female, in excellent physical & mental health, (45 min of cardio 5-6 days/wk, yoga 2x/wk, wt lifting 2 x wk, eat right and take a bazillion vitamins, etc). About a year ago I first had this wierd hot wet sensation in my left thigh. At first I though I had spilled my coffee or something. It would come and go several times a day, but was not painful, just annoying. This went on for a few months. Then it went away for several months and I sort of forgot about it. Now it is back, only in my left calf. I can find no rhyme or reason to its cause and reading these posts don't seem to shed much light either. (I've taken high quality multi-B vitamins for 20 years, so I doubt a deficiency is the problem in my case, or perhaps it would be worse?). I will continue to check posts periodically to see if anyone finds an answer to this strange condition. I will check with my doctor at my next exam in January and let you know if she has any ideas, but frankly I would be very surprised if she did. Good luck to you all.
I'm glad to say my symptoms disappeared after a few weeks without me doing anything special.  No B complex, no effort at more sleep or exercise, nada.  The warmness just went away.
I'm so glad to hear this isn't fatal!  It's the strangest sensation I've ever left.  It's like a warm flush on my foot and calf.  I had already talked myself into thinking I had a blood clot.  Sounds as though this is common and will go away on it's own.  
people have real problems and for those who don't care, don't bother reading this site or posting your opinions because one day your going to have a need and nobody will care about you. Treat people with respect and you'll get respect back. I also have that same sensation and would like an honest professional opinion  about what it could be?
I posted my first comment almost a year ago. My warm leg sensation (lower right leg or foot) started after I started playing soccer and I think I damaged/pinched a nerve from the strenuous activity. After a few months the sensations went away. I had plan to speak to my doctor about the condition but am now unemployed without medical. Over the last two weeks the sensation (like I have pissed on myself) has redeveloped in my right ankle. Since I am not playing soccer now I surmise this reoccurrence is from stress and loss of sleep as we are concerned about losing our home and still need to find a good job. I am 45, male, not overweight, walk daily and take multi vitamin everyday.  
Everyone here should probably think more about how anxious the human
mind really is. There is probably something wrong, but we immediately jump to
the conclusion of problems involving neurology, we all worry that it is
something that is potentially life threatening. When you dwell all your
thoughts on something so stressful and fear takes over, you are going to
start imagining things. Every headache, every time you get a shiver or
if your toes fall asleep, your going to start initially linking it to the wet,
warm or cold sensation, and that its neurological. Everyone is freaked out
and posting scary comments here, its just a huge cloud of fear thats rolling
and building momentum. We are all just getting worked up over a commen fear.
I am 22 years old, I work out regularly and about 2 days ago I felt a wet
warm sensation on the side of my left knee. Immediately I thought about a
movie where someone falls and says "my hip feels wet" and he was bleeding
out of the back of his head, 15minutes later he died. I was worried right
away, what if I a having some kind of neurological problem, what if this and
what if that. I worked myself up with anxiety creating scenarios of being
diagnosed with terrible things in my head. Fear is the mind killer, thats what
I have come to learn and it really is. Everyone should think positive and
really understand that 9999 out of 10,000 of you are going to be fine. I will
give you all an estimated statistic that should help clear your mind. In the
average persons lifetime of about 80years, a person will burden themselves
with a terrible assumption such as "i might have herpes", "my son didnt call
what if he was in a car accident", "This plane is crashing we are going
to die".ETC, well the amount of times a person has a frightening assumption
about something in their lifetime is about lets say, 15,000 times, The ones that
turn out real, about 1-2. So in all reality, you have a 1-10,000 chance
that your right about how terrible things are with this wet war cold feeling.
So relax, free yourself of this fear and take back control of your state
of mind. Your almost definitely going to be ok. I have started to take a multi
vitamin and things are going to be fine. Dont start to fear, your imagination will
run wild and you will go to your doctor, your not going to want to leave until
he sets up brain scan. And when things turn out fine, you will jump to new
conclusions, so deeply convinced there is something terrible, and you will
probably not stumble upon a far simpler solution to a far simpler problem.
I recently started a new job as a trainer where I stand all day day long. I then noticed when I was driving that my left leg was feeling warm. I thought at first that maybe the bass from my speaker was putting out some heat. It's not on the front of my leg, its on the side of my leg mid way between my knee and my ankle. Additionally the inside of the same leg on the muscle right there mid way between the ankle and knee, the skin feels bruised. I've not had any injuries. I am 30, I'm a guy, I weigh 230 and I'm 5ft9, overweight.The sensation doesn't burn it just is warm and different than anything I've felt. I tally it up to just being too heavy and transitioning from a desk job to a standing job. I plan on starting a diet and excercise plan to see if losing the weight and getting healthy will help. Not to get rid of the warmth but just to look and feel better.
Me too!  I'm glad to have a club to share this weird feeling with!/
My symptoms- Starting yesterday, I have a very pleasant warm sensation (so aptly described by many as being like I had peed myself).  The warmth starts in either my outer or inner right thigh (most folks had left leg issues) and works its way down my leg to my calf and then ankle.  This happens in waves that last about 10-15 seconds.  Yesterday I had two spurts of 5 waves an hour.  Today I've had maybe a dozen spurts of 5 waves an hour./
I'm not concerned about mine after reading the last 150+ posts.  Why?/
1. Warmth, but no pain- There are only one or two reports of subsequent problems when people's symptoms start with no pain.  I did follow the link to the cuada equina syndrome site.  It's a painful thing even at first from what I could gather.
2. Vitamin B has actually solved this issue for several folks- My diet has been anything but stellar lately.
3. Stress/Depression- Right now I'm stressed out and depressed.  The two generally go together for me.  This feeds into the significance of B12 thesis.
4. Lack of sleep- I'm getting some of the worst sleep of my life this past few weeks.  This is incredibly stressful.  Again, I think B12 seems more plausible.
5. No Back History- I have no history of back injuries or pain.  
6. No physical job stress or prolonged sitting./
If this persists I'll have to do something about it.  But I bet that if I just get regular sleep and get my life back together, this pleasant but strange medical conundrum will disappear./
I'll won't post back unless I have further issues.  If the issue persists after I stop overstressing and undernutrifying my body, I'll post back./
More support for the B12 thesis comes from the idea of pernicious anemia.  I think this was proposed by the one doctor that posted.  The basic idea is that supplements might not work for some people because their bodies have become unable to absorb B12 into the system.  One woman talked about B12 injections.  It might be worth trying for those of you that tried supplements and had no luck./
Blessings to all.
count me in, but add cold to the hot. I get a cold sensation above my knee. and a hot sensation below. go figure!
I found this forum by searching "warm sensation on leg". Mine started this morning and like one of the posters above, I thought that a heat vent in my car was blowing against my leg. Mine is like a flood of warmth, back of thigh just above the knee and slightly to the outside. It has happened several times this morning, freaking me out.
I will be seeing a doctor about this, but I feel relieved to know that there are so many others with it.

I am 41 years old, female.
I've been periodically checking on this thread to see about any new developments.  I found it several months ago like so many others by doing a search on the internet for "periodic warm sensation in lower left leg."  I was convinced  it was the heat vent in my car.  Then I realized there is no heat vent on the left side.  Also, it was happening at work, etc.   It went away after a couple weeks.  I think it's unrelated but I've been diagnosed in the past few weeks with fibromyalgia.  All the comments re B12, sleep, diet, exercise, stress, depression, etc., for addressing this warm sensation are recommended by my doc for fibromyalgia too.  I just wondered if there may be a connection and didn't know where else to go to ask or comment without being treated like I'm insane.  Does anyone else suffer from chronic pain or fatigue that also experienced this warm sensation.  
Sure am glad I found this site. I didn't even know how to describe the feeling I was having in my left leg, but when I read the posts about the warm wet sensation, I had to say (just like Lucy in the Peanuts cartoon) THAT'S IT, Charlie Brown! I am a 49 yr old male, about 10 lbs overweight, semi-poor diet, not enough sleep, not enough exercise, sit all day at work, and some stress thown in. On the other hand, I havn't had any major health problems & don't need to see the doc for much. Parents in their 80's/90's didn't even have a doctor until they were in their late 70's, so not much history there. This warm left leg thing has me perplexed. Seems like the majority of folks have it in their left leg. Are all of these people right handed/legged? Just a thought. Mine starts above the knee and goes down to my foot. Lasts a couple of seconds every couple of days - so not very frequent for me. I will give the vitamin B a try and let you know if the WLLS symtoms (symptoms) go away. Just glad to know it doesn't sound like a blood clot (which is the first thing my wife said).
I was sitting at my computer at work a couple of weeks ago with my legs crossed and all of a sudden felt as if someone had pour a warm drink on my leg. I actually felt of my pants to make sure something wasnt leaking from somewhere. Its only happened in one specific spot on my left lef just below my knee. It only lasts for a few seconds. Im 26 female, overweight and was just given a thyroid test which came back negative but my Dr did inform me that my Cholesterol was 250 which she said is a bit high. Im on Xanax for anxiety and started Wellbutrin about the same time the warming sensation started, which I dont know if thats related but I did hear one person state that they were also taking the drug. The Wellbutrin Ive noticed causes me ALOT of tension in my neck and shoulders and upper back. It also causes me such anxiety that Ive not been sleeping very well the last couple of weeks. Even though Im overweight my eating routine is somewhat very poor. For the last week Ive pretty much starved myself and only ate one small meal a day, which I supposed could also contribute to the Vitamin B deficiency that many people have talked about. I will try the vitamin B as well but would still like to hear if anyone comes up with any more answers.
Hey everyone,
                     I haven't been here for a while. Back in September I was having the warm sensation on the inside of my thigh. I didn't get a chance to see my doctor yet. I was reading alot of people's comments over the last few months and I'm surprised that so many people are having this sensation on so many different parts of their bodies. It seems to come down to Stress, back problems, or vitamin b12. Like I mentioned in my last blog, I work out 5-6 days a week and I have personally never had a back problem in my life. Also have no stress in my life either. But I did start taking a mens one a day multi- vitamin and since I started taking them It seems to have gone away. Maybe I'll stop for just a few weeks and see if it comes back. But I've also heard that it still could be something to do with your back or a disc out of place. I've had some friends that never had back problems before but were suffering from headaches ( which I do as well) and they went to a chiropractor and the headaches went away. So maybe it is something to do with our backs but I can't be certain. They say you could have a disc out of place and not even know it. Possibly the vitamin is a coincidence? I guess time will tell. I'll keep in touch and check back in a month. Take care everyone.
I began getting the warmth on my right inner thigh area.  The first day was about two weeks ago, and it was occuring many times an hour for a couple of days.  The sensation began to become less frequent.  I still get it every now and then.  I regularly run on a treadmill for 2-3 miles, in good shape, 31 year old male.  I take bystolic (5mg) for high blood pressure, began that about 3 months ago.  I was at my Dr's last night for a checkup and asked about this warm sensation.  He said that he has heard of it before, and not to worry about it.  He stated it could be related to pinching a nerve around the waist, possibly with a belt sitting a certain way, or a reaction to the treadmill running.  My Dr. says, "if it makes you feel good, then stick with it," but with that aside, he doubts any connection with the b vitimins as very few people are b vitimin deficient.  As others have stated, I was glad to find this forum and am only sharing to provide some insight to this strange thing.
Hey everyone,
I hope my information might be of help to some of you. I had the same feeling most of you had and became nervous. I am a 34 year old man in perfect health. I went for MRI's and was nervous about everything from nerve damage to MS. My neurologist asked me if I had been sick in the past few weeks. I told him I had a nasty cold about 10 days before the burning sensation started. He explained to me that sometimes viruses can cause your immune system to attack your own spinal cord or brain and cause all sorts of symptoms including burning sensations. My mri's came back perfectly normal (thank goodness)., My neuro believes that the virus i had a few weeks ago caused inflammation in my spinal cord which led to the burning feeling. He said it should go away within a few weeks. I hope this might help some of you figure out what is wrong with you. Good luck to everyone. This has been a scary experience.
I think that Goldy could be right. I first had the leg sensation a few days ago. It was about the same exact time that I started getting sick. Im pretty sick right now, and it would make sense if it was somehow related. I have noticed that as I ave started to feel better, the sensation have definately lessened. I have also started taking the B vitamins. Ill post back and give updates.
I just started getting a warm feeling in the arch area of my right foot last night around bed time and it has been happening off and on throughout the day today. I have been having back and neck issues lately. I forgot to take my vitamins yesterday.... I'm going back to my chiropractor in a few days and will let you know what he says too.
Same feeling as everyone. Been 3 weeks now. Have neck pain as well. Wonder if they are linked. Will post results in a couple of weeks
I am having the warm sensations.. But I'm a 19 year old male.
Hi started with warm sensation on left thigh and occasionally right ankle, my daughter has just had chickenpox so wondering if related - I cant get in to see Dr for a few days but will try and post back if I get any answers
Why do I feel a warming sensation around my ankle ?
I did not hurt, fracture or break, my foot or ankle. It is not bruised, swollen or hurting. I feel a warming sensation such as someone blowing very warm air on my ankle area. It also feels like that icy hot but very less intense. It happens quite often throughout the day but it's not constant. It doesn't bother me but it is weird. I even touch the area and it is not warm at all. I was even fishing in 50 degree weather and felt it. Where is this warming coming from? What is this? has this happened to anyone else or or on a different part of someone Else's body and what was the cause? Thank you.

After reading some of yours, I noticed alot had back/neck pain, I do also. My neck/back pain is in the upper left and it feels like it needs to be popped but it won't pop. Also I noticed my left hip feels like it is twisted or not exactly in place. Has anyone else noticed this? Might neck/back pain and hip problem is all on the left side, but the warming is in my right foot. Is this a nerve problem? I have no Medicl ins/ Just laid off. Someone ask the Chiroprater and post what they say. I say ask them because they know about the nerves and what affects what. Thank you
I can't believe this is happening to so many others. I thought everyone would think I was crazy! I am a 58 yr old female. It was in January and I was carrying a cup of coffee the first time I felt a warm, wet sensation on my right ankle.  I thought I had spilt the coffee but everything was dry. This sensation continued for the entire morning and intermittently for a week. It stopped and then started up again repeatedly with no rhyme or reason. I have restless legs, my right foot drags when I walk too much, and I have very mild MS. I never thought of a thyroid problem as I have not had a change in my weight in a verry long time. I am constantly 25 lbs over weight.  I think it is a nerve related problem as that's the root of all of my problems and my brother has restless legs and MS. Now that I know this is experienced by others I will not feel foolish to approach my doctor with it. I'll let you know if they come up with anything.
Same here.  38 year old male.  Over the last 6 months really stepped up my exercise routine (previously non-existant), given up drinking, lost 20 pounds and sit at a computer 12 hours a day.  Warm feeling in right thigh.Sleep 5 hours a night,

Think I will sleep more, take vit B, take regular walks from my desk during the day and report back.
Good news for the warm leg sensation people.  I had that same thing and the Chiropractor told me to take 8000 mcg of B12 every day under the tongue.  Guess what?  It's gone.  YEPEE!!
Hi everyone,

Is anyone still here? It seems people post then stop, does it mean the heat sensation stopped?? Mine is driving me crazy. It started over a week ago while sitting in class. (Med student) Now it happens 5-10/hr every hour. Was just when sitting, now when I stand, swim, walk etc. My doctor had no clue. I'm going to neurologist Wed just to be safe. Mine is in my outer left calf area. I did recently star exercising after a 2 year break. :)
I had no idea this was an actual medical issue! For the past 2 weeks, I've been having spontaneous sensations of warmth on one specific area (about the size of my hand) of my left calf/shin. It's not painful, but it is curious. I'm a 21 year old female, and I've been in intensive college courses requiring me to sit for long periods of time. It sounds like a lot of us have sitting in common. My lower back has hurt a bit in the past... perhaps chiropractic is the answer?
First off...wow.  For a topic no one I know has heard of, there sure do seem to be a lot of cases just based on this thread.  Mine started about 2 weeks ago, and I kinda blew it off as just a side effect of this blistering Texas summer heat.  But it has persisted, and increased in intensity and frequency.  No pain, redness, swelling, or anything else of concern.  Just warmth.  To date the warmth is fairly constant, and sometimes pretty intense.  It is in my lower right leg, right around my ankle.  I don't think I'm going to spontaneously combust or anything like that lol, but my curiosity drove to try and find some answers.

I sit about half the day and walk apartments the other half, so my job demands me to be reasonably active, but not overly.  I have no known injuries, past or present (back, knee problems, etc), and have been relatively healthy my whole life.  

I have read through most of the posts on here and the common thread seems to be a lack of B12, so that's what I picked up today.  Hopefully it will work.  I will post back in a few weeks and let everybody know if the B12 got rid of my HLS (Hot Leg Syndrome - someone had to give it a name).  
Joining the club!  I've had the warm sensation on the back of my thigh for a couple of months now.  Comes and goes with no rhyme or reason.  When I scratch the exact spot, it does feel numb to the touch.  Today when I pushed hard on it, I actually feel a, sort of, lump and it feels slightly bruised.  Went to PCP today...seeing a Neurologist as soon as I can get an appointment.  Strangely enough, my mom has had the same sensation before.  She had an EMG?? done and had no answers after that.  I'll try to keep you posted after the Neurologist!
Ok, so I posted back on June 29, 2009...started taking the B12 for about three days (then forgot, as I apt to do with pills), but within two days of starting my short lived B12 regemin, the sensation has disapated.  Maybe that was the key after all?!?
I'm 43 years old (male) and about 40lbs over weight.  I've been having hot feelings off and on in my lower left leg.  Im sure it's from my Zetia or blood pressure or tyyroid medication, also some shoulder, leg and neck pains.  I'm losing the weight and gonna try to get off the medication and see if the symptoms stop.
Many of you appear to be describing nerve entrapment/ compression syndroms (syndromes).  In particular a patch of paraesthesia on the thigh is classically found with 'myeralgia paraesthetica' or entrapment of the lateral (femoral) cutaneous nerve.  Look it up on emedicine for more info.
Hey everyone,
                       I haven't been here since about March. Sorry, been very busy. When I was here in March, The warm sensation had gone away. It still hasn't come back and I haven't changed anthing. Still working out, doing lots of running and still taking the men's one a day vitamin. I'm still thinking it could be a nerve possibly in our backs, just because so many people are getting it in different parts of their bodies but with the exception of me taking the vitamin I haven't changed anything and it just went away. It sure would be nice to pin point an exact diagnosis for everyone. If it does come back I will let everyone know, but so far so good. I suggest to everybody to maybe try different things from what your doing in your everyday routine. It could be a different diagnosis for each of us. Take care everybody and I'll talk to you soon.
What is going on?? This warm rush, tingling sensation down my left leg started a week ago. I keep looking down & checking that I haven't spilled something on myself. Its not painful, its not constant, it comes and goes, several times a day. I thought I spilled coffee on my leg, thats what is feels like, even the movement of it. It only covers 6" x 8" of my left leg, right above my knee. I can't seem to find any answers & it looks like you guys are in the same boat. ???
Hi everyone - I had the same sensation that started about 3 months ago.  I am a female, 30 years old, in good health, and do not take any medications.  I had the weird warm sensation that most of you describe.

After reading all of these postings, I started taking Vitamin B complex daily just to see if it would work.  Within a few days, the warm feeling completely disappeared and it has been gone for about 1 month.  Now I just take B complex occasionally (maybe 1 - 2 times a week) just because I have a bunch left.

In case anyone else tries Vitamin B, you should know that it might make your urine slightly green.  I wasn't aware of this and during the first few days I thought, "First the weird warm sensation on my leg - now my urine is green???"  I read that this is ok and nothing to worry about.  I just cut back the amount I was taking.

Best of luck to everyone.
I took B12 for a couple of days & this sensation has not returned. It has been over two weeks now & no weird warm tingly sensation down my left leg. Try it!  Best of luck to you all.
In the recent few weeks i have noticed a warm feeling in my lower left leg, right above the inner ankle.  What the heck is it.  It happens a couple of times a day usually.  

Just following up...the warm sensation has gone away (I haven't been doing anything different), but that has turned into a dull ache in the entire back of my leg.  Hard to describe.  Just feels like the blood isn't circulating well.  Had a "doppler" screening done on my veins which came up with nothing.  I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow, to rule out MS, hopefully.  What made me really nervous is that I had a really bad pain in my eye last week and I've read that can be related to MS.  Eye doctor didn't see anything and either did the Neurologist.  Will keep you posted after MRI!
Me again...okay, MRI shows that I do not have MS (hooray!), but I do have an "arachnoid cyst" on my brain.  Apparently it is small and nothing to worry about unless it grows.  BUT, this STILL doesn't answer the warm sensation/dull ache in the back of my thigh.  ...will continue to search for an answer.  
The warm sensation has just dissapeared.  Still would like to know what it was.

The first time I felt the "warmth" I was at work and thought I had actually cut my leg and had blood flowing.  Weird, I know, but then so is a warm sensation "flowing" down the same place on my leg a dozen times a day.  As nobody has found anything dangerous about it in the last few years I guess I'll just learn to live with it.  
Viewing 201-400 comments: