Men's Health Community
periodic warm sensation in lower left leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 401-600 comments:
I just starting getting a warm sensation in my lower right shin/calf area last week, and because I have really crappy health insurance, I can't see a doctor about it. I Googled "warm legs" and this place was the first link that appeared. I am so glad that I'm not going crazy!

I am a 48-year old female, overweight but not obese, very active (walking, hiking). I thought maybe the warm, which feels like hot water, might be from menopause as I am getting hot flashes and night sweats, but I've also been losing my hair a lot lately. Strands of it come out on my hairbrush. I also have bad bouts of insomnia. These symptoms have been occuring for the past few months, but the warm leg thing is really freaking me out! A blood clot is the first thing that came to mind, and to be honest, it's still in the back of my mind. I sit all day at work and try to get up to stretch often because, at my age and weight, blood clots are something to be concerned about!

Since I can't afford to see a doctor, I will try drinking more water and I will definitely invest in some good vitamins. I will also continue to walk around town like I usually do until the winter weather gets bad. (I'm too poor to own a car.)

Thanks so much, everyone, for sharing your symptoms, ideas, and treatments. Good luck to you all!
I am 79. I used to get warm sensations in feet and cold/hot sensation on  spinal column  . Symptoms were mild and just for few minutes. No diiagnosis  could be arrived at.I had these symptoms for many years. Now since last 4 years i am feeling my feet  sensations are liki I am walkiong on cotton mattress or I have put on  tight socks. Pathology of the symptoms are not known.Massage exercise, yoga, are the ony routine I do.As such there is no relief. search Chair Tai Chi. this  is soft routine-massge.One can do it at home in 10 to 15 minutes. It is also combined with acupressure points.Just try for few days. It may help Insomnia as well.
I noticed a warm flush down my right outer calf while driving in July. The feeling moved down my leg to my ankle over time and sometimes across the top of my foot to my inner ankle. I saw my internist after feeling this for about a month, because my dad has MS and I was worried this may be a symptom.

My doctor didn't know what it was and told me to call back in a month if I still had the feeling. He referred me to a neurologist. The feeling did change and lessened a bit, but it was still bothersome.

The neurologist said I may have a herniated disc from sitting at work all day, or a pinched nerve. She said we would let nature take its course if that were the case. She prescribed an MRI to rule out MS and to see what could be wrong. The images gave me a clean bill of health and the neurologist said it was likely a pinched nerve that would work itself out.

I still have sensation in my leg, but it is not nearly as pronounced as it had been this summer. I hope this post is helpful. Good luck to everyone. I hope this sensation is just a simple irritation for us all.
Well this comes as a relief bcos for years i have had these sensation/vibration/itching all over my body, especially my left leg, laps.,  i thought it was an STD, went for a test and was diagnosed Staphyloccocus aureus, the sensation stopped but continued later, multivitamins helped but these are just temporal solution. IMy doctor said i had phychosomatic disorder. hope someday we get a soltion to this problem
I have the identical symptoms, a warm sensation in my lower right leg between the knee and ankle about the size of my hand.  It comes and goes several times an hour and feels like warm water.  It started about 2 weeks ago. I'm 70 years old and in good health.   I hope we can keep this post going until someone finds an answer.
I too have just begun to feel warmth in my lower right leg.  I am a 41 year old female in excellent health.  I started back to work part-time 1 year ago and sit at a desk most of the time.  I wonder if the chair/seating position is causing this?  I am concerned about a blood clot as well.  I have even been taking an aspirin just in case.  I hope it's just a pinched nerve.  That would be a relief!!  I will consult my doctor if I feel it gets worse.  I hope this isn't serious.
How interesting!  I've been having the same exact sensation in my lower left leg for about a month now.  It feels like warm water running down my shin, but the warmness seems to be moving up to my thigh lately.  I am 32, and spend about 65% of my workday at a desk.  I did recently (a few months ago) start taking a multi-vitamin, and I did wonder if that had something to do with it?  I'll be checking back here regularly to see if anyone has any breakthroughs!
I spend hours in front of the computer also.  Maybe that is a clue.
wild, this is the exact feeling i am feeling in my left calf.. hard to describe but "warm water being poured on it' is very accurate.  i am a 27 year old.. quite active.. bike everywhere and workout 4 days a week. curious to learn as to what that might be?
On others suggestion I started taking a one a day B complex (B1,2,6,&12). This also contained C.  These are cheap at Sams.  Within a few days the sensation was gone and I have been free of them for a week now.  I will let you know if it lasts or was just a temporary cure.
I have this same problem and am looking for a cause. I am almost 29 years old and gave birth to my second child 4 weeks ago. When I was 7 months pregnant, I began feeling a warm sensation in my lower left leg. It feels like warm water is running between my calf and shin beneath my knee and above my foot. I called my OB and he sort of acted like I was crazy and told me if there was no pain, it was likely not a blood clot (which is what I was most worried about). He chalked it up to the baby's position and encouraged me to do some yoga positions to try to move the baby. Well, at 4 weeks postpartum, it's still here. I will mention it again to my OB at my 6 week check up, but I am not expecting a helpful response considering that he didn't really take me seriously even when I was pregnant. Some days are more symptom free than others, but some days, I feel it many times every hour. There has got to be a cause...
give the vit B complex a try can't hurt, mine  is still gone.  If your doctor doesn't believe you, give him the url to this webpage and let him know that there are several hundred of us out here that are also "crazy" with the identical problem.  There sometimes is an arrogance "if I don't know what it is or haven't heard of it, it must not exist".
I have the same problem! I am a 25 year old, healthy, active PhD student- so I am stuck at a desk at least 8-10 hours a day. Mine is on the top, back of my leg, about the size of my hand. It started about a week ago, and is getting more frequent by the day. I have been feeling it almost constantly for the past three hours or so. It is starting to freak me out :(

I don't have health insurance so I don't want to go anywhere if I don't have to. Everywhere I go says the same thing- that it could be associated with back problems.  I have been experiencing back tightness and occasional pain for the past few months. I am guessing it may be related?

No fun.
I find it interesting that most people have stated that the sensation is in the left leg. I'm having the same issue, since before Labor Day. Comes and goes in the same spot all throughout the day ...down the inner side of left lower thigh/ knee area.  I also sit at a desk for much of the day. The symptoms are there no matter what kind of activity I do or do not do.
Im 24 and and work standing up all day on a cosmetic counter the past week or so i have to been feeling a warm sensation down my right leg, i think people have described it to a tea saying it feels like warm water being thrown down your leg. Im a size 12 and reasonably healthy so i dont think its exercise related, how strange if anybody finds out what it is please post.
Interestingly enough.. I have had the same senastion in my leg but also get it in my arm.. I was on meds for an irregular heartbeat for years which I am no longer on and while hospitalized during one episode of palpiltations, I too mentioned it to the docs (including the cardiologist) and was provided no explanation..years later I still have the sensation on occasion....with no reason why.. I'm starting to think maybe it is nerve related...
Hi everyone, I'm 33 and have the same warm feeling between my calf and shin bone on my right leg. Mine has only started about two weeks ago. It feels like a slow burning from the inside out. When i feel my leg i almost expect it to be hot to the touch. I'm in pretty good shape in general. I'm not sure about the nerve idea, all the experiences I've had with nerve problems (I'm an ex professional acrobat) have been sharp, breath taking-type pain. I might give the vitamin B complex a go. I'll keep you posted.
I've just started to experience a warm sensation in my right foot.  It does not hurt, it's actually pleasant, but weird.  I've been taking Citalopram for about 6 weeks now and wondering if it is a side affect.  If so, it's not listed so I'm wondering if someone else has experience this while taking a SSRI.
For what's it's worth - I am relieved to see that there are others out there and no apparent pathology associated with this phenomenon. I am 54 - quit smoking 10 years ago - in very good health but with high colestrol and blood pressure. Also take anti-depressants and anti-HIV med. The sensation of warm water running down my inner right calf started about 6-8 months ago. I am a desk jockey - but walk a lot in my office and commuting. Changed some meds - went onto Naispan and Lovoxa and off Zetia and Crestor casue of some joint pain. Interstingly, I had bee a regular jogger 10-20 miles oper week, But about 2 years ago - gained 30 lbs and then quit. So I thought it was associated with the lack of exercise. 9 week ago, I got a trainer and began a 6-day / week exercise program - so far have lost about 12-15 lbs & resumed jogging upwards of 5 miles in an hour a couple of times per week, plus am doing other aerobic-cardio-strenght training. My legs are in excellent condition and almost all the way back to their peak - but darned if the sensation persists - exercise has had no effect. Only secondary sympton is aching in my leg if I stand still for longer than 10-15 minutes.   The one word that sums it up - and I use dit with my doc 4 months ago when I mentioned it - was WEIRD. He does not seem concerned, and it does not seem ot hold me back. But I do wonder if it is neurological or spinal - I'd had back problems 9-10 years ago but they had been resolved. All else being equal  - I am grateful this is my biggest medical complaint though.      
Same with me have been suffering with Back pain which comes and goes periodically.  Last week have been having the feeling of warm water running down my left shin every few hours.  As others have mentioned weird rather than anything else booked in with the doctor end of wek will see what comes of it.  NHS is a great thing.......
I have it in the same place as Kelsey022 - top back of my right leg. It's weird.
I have it in my right leg, on the outside of my shin.  It started when I was pregnant with my 4th.  It went away, but now is back.  I also just started an exercize regime (training for a triathalon).  I'm about 10 bs. overweight, but in excellent health--we eat all organic, no processed foods, etc.  I was also afraid that it was a blood clot.  It is reassuring to know that everyone else with this seems ok.  
A related discussion, periodic warm sensation in lower left leg (Part 2) was started.
hello everyone,
I too have experienced this feeling. Im an 18 year old university student, so this is very un-orthadox. Mine goes from from below my buttocks in my left leg all the way down to my ankle. Its very periodic but sometimes gets very often up to every 2-3 minutes. I have noticed though, that the use of cannabis has stopped these "fits", and makes them not re-appear for perhaps a day or two.
**UPDATE**
I've posted a few times before...here's a quick review and update.  Started with warm water sensation on back of right thigh several months ago.  Warm sensation has gone away and now the entire back of my leg just feels *weird* a few times a week...like what I would think a CLOT feels like.

**TESTS DONE**
Doppler vein screening - No clot
MRI of brain - No MS (multiple sclerosis)
MRI of lower spine - No spinal issues
MRA - No other brain issues
EMG - No nerve damage

Soooo, I still don't know what the heck this is, BUT, it's apparently none of the above!  =)

Next I'll be seeing an orthopedic surgeon to see what HE has to say!  Stay tuned!  We'll figure this out somehow!  
I am at 27 year old female, 5 months postpartum.  I recently started to feel a warm sensation in my right foot.  I felt it a lot while driving, and thought that maybe the warmth was coming from the car.  Then sometimes I would walk and feel like I had stepped in warm water... but my foot would be dry.  I have been feeling it mostly in my right foot and calf.  I work at a desk for most of my day, however I only work 3 days a week, and the rest of the time I am chasing my older child.  
I agree with a previous post, it is not painful, and at times is sort of pleasant, but really strange.  This all started about a week or so ago, and being a nurse, I have no clue what this is.
Hi! I am 38 yrs old male, I've been having the same sensation of warm water running over my leg.. I get it under my left buttock, this is pretty freaky. I've been having this for about 2 weeks now. It's about the size of my hand...  Don't have a clue what could be causing this, I'm a occasionally smoker / drinker, about 15 pounds O/W. but pretty active and healthy... I recently had hip surgery back in march of this year, from a snowmobile accident.. so I thought it might be a blood cloth.. But I will be checking with my doctor tomorrow..
hello im 36 years old and im a delivery driver and im in and out of a truck all day and i have the same thing lower right leg and a warm feeling like warm water being poured over my leg and its been like this for about a month it dont hurt it just feels weird and my hairs  on my leg is falling out like i shaved that part but i did't i dont know what it could be so if anybody can tell me i would be so thankful.
I think it's related to diabetes, espcially sinse it's messing with the nerves in the feet. I think we are seeing a massive outbreak of diabetes in the world which is usually triggered  by sedatry life style (aka sitting in office or on computer).  
The human body was not designed to sit in an office... you might think you're "active" but when it comes down to it we are just animals and in nature... animals don't have a lot of physical down time.
Just yesterday I started experiencing this warm sensation in my left thigh...and I am in the process of being diagnosed with MS...I am only 22...I have been dealing with wierd sensations all over my body since I was 19...for some of you out there...consider this, stress does amazing things to an otherwise healthy person...try doing something relaxing for yourself today.
hi everybody
this is aasif..age 23 male india.
i m feeling the same warmness in my right upper leg from today only..i thought to go to doctor,but again i thought what i will say to doctor..this warm feeling cant be touch..its a feeling only..so i thought to search it out from internet..and i found u guys here...hey plz what is the reason.please answer soon..
bye
Friends,

I'm getting it to!  So relieved to find so many experiencing this as well.  I am a 35-year old male, in good shape and at my ideal weight (160 lbs at 5'11"), but even though I do regular exercise, I do have a sedentary lifestyle since I work in front of a computer all day.   I am experiencing the warm sensation starting on my left buttock and rolling down my left inner thigh and hamstring.  It first happened in the car while I was driving, and I swear, at first I thought i'd wet myself.  

Now it occurs maybe a few times a day.  I will increase my stretching and cardio regime and make it a little more often, and get back on my multivitamin.  I take a proton pump inhibitor for acid reduction but no other medication.

Let's see if we can crack this nut!

cheers,
paz
I'm a male 37, fairly good shape and active, no other health issues or medications.  I started to get this warm water on your leg sensation about 5 days ago.  Like most others on this page, the feeling is also on my left leg however it is on the inside of my thigh (just below the groin to above the knee).  I've noticed that I get the sensation when I get up or sit down and with each passing day, the frequency per day is increasing which is worrisome.
I also work behind a desk for 10+ hours a day but have been doing so since college so not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I'm worried, will go see my doctor in a couple of days and update the group.
Well well, So I am not losing my mind. I started getting a hot flash in my left thigh above knee about 3 months ago, its getting more frequent. The only post similar to mine is a person taking a proton pump inhibitor for stomach acid, I have been taking such a pill daily fo 10 years, now I am 56 and male, not particularly active. Usually when I get the urge to excercise, I lie down until it subsides. I used to run a lot, but it messed up my knees, excercise *****, look at cats, they almost never run and lie around all the time, I say that the need to excercise is a myth put out by the owners of gyms and running shoes. I have no hypertension, or anything nasty which correlates with the weird sensation.
Hi I have similar sensations too and I take PPI's when I started taking them about 3 months ago I got a similar tingling sensation of hot and cold on my face just under my left eye. Now I am getting the hot flushes down the backs of my thighs exactly as other people are describing. I stop the PPI's soon and am hoping the symptoms will go away. I also can spend long periods of time at a desk so not sure either way whats causing it. Hope someone can find an answer eventually. Nice to know that I am not alone.
I'm a very healthy and active 30 year old mother of 3 small children and have experienced a similar issue with my left leg- warm sensation runs up the back of my calf and into my thigh. I've had a doppler of my veins and it showed no clot...I'm now suppose to go to get an x-ray of my back then possibly an MRI. All my bloodwork was completely normal. I have had no pain with the warm sensation and am really questioning all these tests if they don't seem to be showing anything. The only concern I have would be that my mother was diagnosed with MS about 3 years ago and I pray it's not hereditary.
I started getting this "warm water feeling" a couple weeks ago, I told my mother and she thought I was just imagining it! I'm 18, female, and sensation occurs on my left leg, just above the right side of my knee and I think is getting more frequent as time progresses. It's interesting to see how many people are experiencing the same thing but no one knows what it is yet. I haven't got any history with MS or anything like that, but I do get headaches almost everyday and I'm currently seeing a doctor about a lump on my neck that has been there since the middle of last year.

Can't wait to hear if anyone gets any results :)
I had a fall last winter where I slipped on ice stepping off a curb was airborn before I landed on my back. Not two months later I started getting a warm watery feeling going down the entire length of my left leg.
Sometimes it's a tingly or numb feeling, and pain/ache only occasionally at the lower left area near the tailbone. Anyway long story short I freaked, however I don't like running to a doctor for every little thing. I have a hard copy of "Merck Manual" and I believe my problem is called 'Sciatica'. It has to do with a herniated disk. Google Sciatica and most of you here will have your answer.
I'm going to try physiotherapy for starters as I don't want to take drugs or painkillers.
Hi im a 25 yr old female fairly active and have been experiencing this same feeling in my lower left leg just below the knee. I work in retail and am constantly walking around all day so not so sure that its caused by sitting in an office all day.
I have been having these issues for about 3 years. It started right after I had my daughter. Except my "hot spots" are not always in my legs. It will sometimes occur on my forearm, my thigh, my calf, wherever. It feels as if someone just poured hot water on my skin. I take several vitamins, a multi vitamin, Super B, Iron, Potassium, and D. My white blood cell count is always just a little higher than normal, but not high enough to be a concer, ? Maybe it's just a low grade blood infection, who knows. It certainly is odd though.

Daniele
I am a 43 year old female
I have just started to get a warm feeling in back of calf of my left leg. Every so often it just goes really warm, this has only started a couple of days ago. I like some are worried that this could be a blood clot, It is  most wierd. If anyone has any Ideas would love to know.
I too have the "warm water" feeling on my right leg at about the bottom of my pants pocket.  Recently I have had it just below my left hip bone as well.

I propose that we post our backgrounds and symptoms in a way that can allow us to gather data on this in a common format for comparisons.  We can then track commonalities. Here's mine as a suggestion:

Sex: M
Age: 52
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 230 lbs
Current weight direction: Dropping.
Weight Pattern: Yo-yo.  Up and down.
Symptom Location(s): 10" due south of right hip bone.  Three inches due south of left hip bone.
Length of time with symptom: 1 or 2 years on right leg. 1 week on left leg.
Frequency of Symptom: When occuring - a few times per day.  there are periods of time without symptoms.

Job: At desk 8 hours per day.  Out of seat regularly (every hour).  Walk at lunch.

Health Background: Depression - 1988, 2006.  Chronic mild lower back pain (beltline on left side).  Blood pressure excellent. Asthma when younger.
Injuries: Snapped Left Quad Tendon late 2005.
Chronic Problems:  Theater knees (knees burn after being in one bent position for too long).
Allergies: Have some unmanaged food sensitivities.  I eat everything.
Family Health: Mother - arthritis, allergies.  Father - high blood pressure.

Activity Level: Moderate.  Used to run a lot but haven't for about 1 1/2 years.  Walk regularly - golf on weekends (walking).

Drugs: Occassional Ibuprofen, Naproxen (Aleve), Tylenol. (Ibuprofen once per week).  Took anti-depression drugs for 7 or 8 months in 2006 (venlafaxine/Effexor) and in 1988 (unknown).
Vaccinations:  Have had flu vaccinations but none this season.

Stress Level: Moderate.

Larry
I am a soon to be 50 year old female who first experienced the warm leg experience about 3 days ago.  I as someone else mentioned at first thought I had urinated on myself.  It is on the back of the left leg behind my knee and the sensation runs onto my calf.  It happens anywhere from 5 - 10 times a day.  The sensation is not painful but is weird.
I take medication for high blood pressure, am about 25 pounds overweight and exercise a couple of times a week.  I started a multivitamin the first of the year.  I too sit at a desk about 8 hours per day.  I was very active from the age of 18 to 40 but have never had any injuries, nerve or back issues.

Very puzzling and somewhat concerning.
Sex: F
Height: 157cm
Weight: 55kg and have been so 5 years plus
Family medical history: Diabetes although no MS
My medical history: Asthma, strain in hip
Exercise: Was fairly active 5 nights a week until a 1 ago. Now nothing except the occasional walk.
Status: Recently single-arguing.
JOB history: retail assistant 5 years, Hairdressing 1 year, 1 year office and 5 months new job office.
Computer hours: past 5 months 8 hours at work, 2 hours plus at home. estimately five days a week.

I have also recently started feeling a warm sensation in my right foot. This sensation will last for about a minute or so and like you all i have no pain. Its actually a nice feeling but odd.

I've been getting this for the past two months but not taken much notice until it started happening more frequently this past week. I also have an office job and spend alot of time on the computer, estimately 10 hours per day minimum. Stress at the new job is very high.

i think after hearing everyones responses i'm now booking a doctors appointment. Marie_lulu made a very good point stress less and Dogger5 thanks you also raised some questions for me. Hence the doctors appointment.

I will keep you all updated.
Melissa
i'm 20 and am experiencing the same warming sensation in the same spot in my lower left leg. i am a college student and perhaps sitting a lot at a desk does this to you. i see a pattern in all the responses. i thought i was the only one who had this problem. thanks. good luck to all....and to myself.
I have similar symptoms- hot spot on the left calf that started about 1 1/2 weeks ago.  I just got off the phone with the nurse and she told me to go see a doctor tomorrow.  As soon as I get an answer/diagnosis tomorrow, I will let you know what this may be attributed to.  I have been spending hours in front of a computer in the last 2 1/2 weeks, so the pressure that I've been putting on my back may be "pinching" a nerve.  We'll see!
Interesting.  I logged on to this blog, because I have been experiencing a hot flash in my left hand. Lasts only a few seconds. It starts on the top sides of my hand and manifests itself mostly near my little fingers. Very peculiar. Just started in the last month. I'm a 53 year old male.
Wow. I thought I was going crazy.  I am so less stressed already, just by reading all of your reports.

My warm spots are on my top left thigh, and under my buttocks.  Weird.  Plus from time to time a warm spot on the side of my face/near my eye.  But no pain, no vision problems, nothing else wrong...just like everyone else here is reporting.  And I work from home, and just recently spent about 2 weeks straight sitting almost all day and writing on the computer.

This all started since then.  I had suspected it might be the cause somehow, but how can that actually do any real harm, I thought. But I am surprised how many others here are reporting that they too have a sedentary lifestyle....It really must be the very bad thing that all those docs keep warning about.  

I will try those B12 multi-vitamins, and report back. And moving more.

I agree with "...101" above....Let's keeping posting until we crack this.  Even if it takes awhile.

Thank you all for sharing.
I've got the same issue, feels like hot / warm water just below my left knee.  I'm a 35yr old male. I run and play football between 4 or 5 times a week and initially assumed it was to do with over exertion but most people are saying they're not doing too much exercise.
I too spend a lot of time on the computer and was wondering if all the left leg sufferers were right handed? Reason being I find most of the time i'm sitting at a pc my right side is slightly farther forward and raised up (because of the mouse) than the left, which means my hips are slightly twisted to the left.  It might be clutching at straws but maybe there is some relationship here to do with spine alignment or nerves being compacted on the left hand side.
I hope someone figures this out, it is well weird.
I've been getting the same warm water sensation on my right foot.  I have had similar sensations before, but in different spots.  For the last week or so the sensation has been very localized to one spot on my right foot from the bottom of my outside ankle to the bottom of my foot, from the front end of my ankle to the achilles tendon.  It occurs several times a day in sessions of about 4-6 sensations in a session.

I am 40 years old, in generally good health.  No long term health problems other than allergies and back problems.  I am a teacher in my 2nd year of teaching.  Before that I was in school, teaching and waitressing for 5 years.  I have nerve damage in my feet from being on my feet so much, which causes tingling, numbness and pain in the balls of my feet and toes.  But this sensation is in a unaffected part of my foot and no pain is associated with it.  It just feel like warm water washing over it.  I had felt it a couple of times, but when I really started paying attention to it, I thought my dog had peed on me - then realized I was wearing boots and that couldn't have happened.

I asked my mom about it (she's an ex-paramedic w/ fibromyalgia) to see if she had any ideas as to the cause or a cure.  She'd never heard of it.  Luckily because of her FM she didn't think I was crazy.  I considered calling my chiropractor to ask him, but I can't afford to go in to see him.  If anyone finds out anything, I'll be checking back regularly.  Thanks.
I am also experiencing the warm sensations behind my right thigh. I was lying on the couch with my 4 year old the first time it happened and I thought he had urinated on me. Now it happens about 5 or 6 times a day, when I'm sitting and standing. For the last few weeks I have been experiencing some back pain and sometimes my leg will go completely numb when I'm sleeping. I am a 30 year old female. I exercise frequently. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought they were going crazy!
Very interesting. I found this after a quick google due to the fact that I've been getting a warm tingling (like running water as has been suggested) down the inside of my lower left leg for a couple of weeks now (off and on).

For what it's worth, I do sit at a desk all day however I take lots of cardiovascular exercise each week (cycling, running, gym, soccer) and am of a healthy weight.

I could easily go with the idea that I may have a pinched nerve somewhere as I've been experiencing some tightness in my upper back / neck over the last couple of months also.

Think I'll try to loosen up the tightness in my back / neck and also to take more notice of my posture when I'm at work and see how that works out.
Late last year I too started to feel a warm sensation like my foot being in warm water or warmth from inside my foot. It is localized to one spot on my left foot on the front/top.  It does not hurt, it's actually a pleasant feeling just like others habe stated. One day I told my son what I was feeling he as usual thought I was wierd.

If we wish to find a answer to our strange sensation, then I agree with Larry's comment made Jan 19, 2010 01:34PM. I think we all need to document our personal status so that a medical person whom wishes to follow our case. They will need the facts from 100's of people which will help in finding a diagnose/ answer for us.This is important if especially if medical people you have approched do not believe you or have never heard of this complant.
So here goes
Sex: F
Age: 52
Height: 5Ft 4In
Job: Life Coach so sit with clients and I am at desk 8 hours per day 2 days a week.  I get out of seat regularly (every hour).  I have started to sit more in front of my laptop most evenings over past year, which I never did before.
Drive my car to appointments
Health Background:.
Blood pressure: excellent
Weight: 15 st (Ashamed to say Obese)
Current weight direction: Dropping.
Weight Pattern: Yo-yo.  Up and down.
Symptom Location(s):
Length of time with symptom: A few months
Frequency of Symptom: few times per day.  There are periods of time without symptoms.
Allergies: None
Drugs: Omeprazole De Reddy Ca ca 200g, this is for heartburn
Vaccinations:   none
Activity Level: Moderate
Walk most evenings and at week end.
16yrs ago I used to be a nurse so was very active – lifting, walking, on my feet all day & swam 3 times a week plus walk my dog
Stress Level: Moderate
History: Injured my lower back about 30yrs ago, thru lifting in my nursing days.. I still have lower back pains due to bad posture this happens when tired & stressed
'Sciatica' twice really bad, both times when I was pregnant (This warm feeling is nothing like that at all)
No one in my family or any of my friends have ever mentioned they had the warm sensation

Hope this helps :O)

I have had a warming sensation on the bottom of my left foot today that felt like my foot was in warm water ( like I had urinated in my boot).  It happened several times throughout the day.  

I am 26 and can tell you I have had lower back problems for about 10 years now (throwing my back out many times to the point I could not walk) and have never experienced this.  I am seeing a personal trainer do to my last back incident 3 weeks ago.  Also a pinched nerve tends to be very painful which I have done several times and don't believe this is the case.  

I have had a desk job for 2 years but still get outside for about 2-3 hours at work and of course my years of schooling sitting at desks prior.  I have to say yesterday and today where the most stressful days I have had at work in a long time so maybe it is due to stress.

Hope this info may have helped
Just a thought...I heard Dr. Oz mention MERALGIA PARESTHETICA a few days ago.  Maybe worth googling to see if this is your cause.
i have the warm feeling in the top of my left leg, been doctors he said it is to do with a nerve in my back he has also sent me for blood tests for  ithrombosis i will let u know what happens. lisa.
I have recently started having these sensations as mentioned previously, I am leaning more towards a feeling of blood circulation finally working. I have noticed I sit cross legged and on them to cut the circulation off alot. I even began having leg pains when I try to sleep once in awhile. I have recently finished a regime of antibiotics and am taking colloidal silver, Could this not be a possitive thing happening?

Lori
Emmoma,
You are right. The search of word MERALGIA PARESTHETICA gives websites which provide the details of the symptoms which are mentioned in the forum. It is a nerve problem. Major cause is use of tight jeans  or pants which compress the nerve on outer thigh. Because of this thigh nerve,  transferred symptoms may occur. I think more search will give us a clue to find the appropriate treatment.
After a long time i could get the name of the desease which comes close to the symptoms i have. thanks.
I
I have the same warm feeling in my right leg, recntly came to know that i am diabetic. i am 29 yrs old, although sitting job in front of computer may also be the culprit, but there is type 1 diabetes which is unavoidable and has to do something with your genes.
If you get warm feelings like this please test your blood for diabetes, do regular exercise and preferably yoga
If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it.  I am 31 yrs old I have 3 children,2 yrs old being the youngest.  I have worked myself up for about 5 mts now terrified I could ahve ALS.  It started with slight pains in my left leg and arms and  my leg would feel a little fatiuged but I still have strength in it.  The left side is the side I hold my daughter on.   Then I wasn't sure if it was from reading the symptoms of ALS but now I have had some cramping in my legs and spasams and the warm sensations I have began to feel in my left leg and arm sometimes.  My back has been hurting through this whole thing as well..I guess I am hoping to fins some comfort that maybe this could be a pinched nerve or something in my back.  

I have been refered to a neurologist but now I have lost my insurance : ( and can not get anything for a while because I have a thyroid condition so its really expensive.  If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!Thanks in advance..Nikki
I am a male, 51.  I have burning "spots" in my right leg, starting at the
knee.  It sometimes moves rapidly and I get the sensation that if that "hits" my lungs or heart I will die!  The burning spots happen most often when I'm in bed at night. It's scary and I don't know how to approach a doctor about this.  It's sometimes in my left leg.  Within seconds after the "burning spot" happens, my chest feels "empty" like it's sinking. This sounds strange and I don't know where to start.  During the daytime now, I am starting to get the same symptoms.  HELP!
I have read all of your posts and I just started to notice a burning hot spot on the inside of my left leg just at the top of my calf muscle today.  I see you all mention you sit a desk and all think that it is a pinched nerve.  I also do the same but I work for a chiropractor which I also got a spinal adjustment today but it didn't seem to help.  I also get a spinal adjustment regularly.  I also recall that my right lower side of my back ached since last sunday because I cleaned my horses stalls and had to push the wheel barrow through the snow.  I am not sure because of my strain in my right lower back I might have been walking more on my left side because of the pain.  I will continue with more frequent spinal adjustments and see if this helps within the next couple of weeks to ease the pain of the burning hot sensation on my leg.
hi everyone just been to see my nhs doc yesterday with the same warm sensation in my lower left leg started about 3 wks ago .it is happening quite often up to 10 times a day.he says it might be nerve entrappment as my  leg muscle is soft so ruled out clot..i am 50 yr old female on my feet most of day then sit at computer on a high bar stool in kitchen for about 3 hrs i was hoping this has something to do with this feeling.if it persists ive to go for blood checks.at the moment i dont see any sign of it going away.its always on my mind what it is that is causing it hope we find out soon
I believe this is related to bad posture or something with the nerves on the spinal cord. Don't think it's anything life treatening.
I have the warm feeling in my LEFT leg, at about the bottom of my pants pocket. I realized that's where I keep my cell phone.

Crazy question: to everyone with this warm feeling, does the leg with the sensation correspond to the pocket in which you keep your phone?
I just started having this a week ago.  Mine is on the inside calf area of my right leg.  I am a 51 year old female, and have not changed my work habits, exercise habits, or diet in years.  I have not gained or lost weight.  I haven't had any injuries or strains. There is no lifestyle related reason for such an odd symptom to suddenly start occuring.  There is no pain at all, just that odd hot water / sunburn sensation.  Sometimes it feels like a sunburn in an area about the size of a deck of cards, and sometimes (usually if I am walking at the time) it feels like warm water running down my lcalf  I have not ever noticed having it in bed at night, probably because it doesn't take me long to fall asleep.  Since so many people have this, and no doctors have been able to identify the issue, I am guessing that it's not really anything to worry about.  I wonder if it ever goes away?  Has anyone here had it for a long time?
I had this...it started to occur more frequently.  Then I acutally started having inflamation (inflammation) in my rib cage. I had a infection once in my chest cartiledge, so after three weeks or so went to see a Dr.  Found out it was my gallbladdar. Had it removed, and have not had the symptions since.

Wife thought I was crazy
Same symptoms as y'all:  hot flashes in my R hamstring since yesterday.  Felt like I peed myself when I was standing in line at grocery store late in day.  I drive ALL day, 2000 miles a month, and sit in front of computer 2-3 hours day (2 years now).

I suspect it's sciatica (from Piriformis Syndrome maybe?) based on what I've read.  LOTS of tension in my neck/shoulders from driving & computer.  Lately feeling discomfort in neck at night:  can't get right pillow/support under my neck.

I'm thinking deep tissue massages and hot baths might help relax muscles?

Thanks for posting.  It really helps to compare notes with others!  I'll check back to see if anyone's found the magic cure    :-)

F
46
overweight - 165 lbs., 5'7"
not active (boo!!)
poor diet - fast food and sweets   :-(   !!!
I'm a female - 46 years old and I've also have been experiencing a warm feeling in my left foot only as if I've stepped in warm water. It lasts a few seconds and then goes away.  It happens several times throughout the day while sitting or standing - just randomly and I also have been prescribed Citalopram 40 mg for anxiety/depression which I have been on for 3 1/2 weeks.  "Camamtin" also posted on 11/7/09 that he/she was having this problem while also on Citalopram but in his/her right foot.  I just started having panic attacks last year and can liken this foot sensation to what I have experienced through my whole  body in the throws of a full blown panic attack - a warm sensation starting at the shoulders and moving downward through both arms and legs (amongst other symptoms one experiences when going through an attack which I won't mention because I don't feel they would be related to this topic)   Thought it interesting that at least the two of us have experienced the same thing while on the same medication but that doesn't explain why everyone else is having this problem too unless it's all stress related.  What were you prescribed this medication for if you don't mind me asking? Are you still taking this medication?  If not, have your symptoms subsided?
Follow-up:  "warm puddles" sensation has stopped.  I only had the sensation for 2 days: repeatedly in my right hamstring.  I have had prob's with muscles slowly knotting/contracting (not painful cramps) in the same areas in the past, so thought it might be muscle-related.  

I bought a massage wand at the drugstore and worked out the knots in my right glut, hamstring and calf--for 3 hours, going from knot to knot.  I haven't had any more warm-puddle sensations since, but can definitely feel muscles contracting in the same areas.  For me,  I think I need more stretching from all the sitting I do (muscles contracted).

Side note to those on Citalopram:  I'm on it too, but I know that my muscle prob's started years before I got on Citalopram.  I don't think they're related in my case.
interesting [i had googled 'warm burning sensation skin leg]
i first had the burning sensation left outer leg side, starting from below bum muscle, to top of foot. intermittent. at the time i was on my feet all day at work. sometimes at a desk. i thought it was ANGER-related. i still think it could be emotional energy working its way about the body. i was sustaining a load of mortgage stress and separation stress. i then got severe fatigue syndrome, bringing me to present day.

Sex: F
Age: 42
Height: 5Ft 4In
Job: previously office job and door joinery
Health Background: never been sick. but now - fatigue, thyroidism
Blood pressure: excellent
Weight: 8.8st
Symptom Location(s): left leg outer
Length of time with symptom: 3 years
Frequency of Symptom: few times per day, some days.  
Allergies: None
Drugs: occasional valium
Vaccinations: none
Activity Level: near zero
previously very active/ strong
Stress Level: preceding all this - through the roof. now moderate

diet = pretty healthy
i don't wear tight clothes.
my posture, er, could be better...
i'm getting bile salt supplements for gall bladder deficiency. will be interesting to see if any changes.
interesting observation about the CELL PHONE. i have worn my phone on left hip for years.
i notice that if i get a minor startling e.g. sudden noise, the patch can warm up.

it doesn't really bother me, except that i'm concerned it's not a good thing! just don't want to develop fatigue again, or lose circulation in my leg, or whatever it means

I had the warm sensations (like hot water flowing over it) in my upper right thigh, and occasionally in my right foot-- 10-20 times a day for 2 weeks before going to the doctor. My doc ordered an MRI of my lumbar spine, which revealed some sciatica related issues and potentially Piriformis Syndrome. I'll let you know if the symptoms diminish after physical therapy. He said it can get worse and worse without treatment. If you don't have insurance, I suggest ice, heat packs, and stretching of the sciatic region.

Good luck my friends.

Daniel
I only saw my doctor yesterday after several weeks of feeling like I'd peed my pants (sometimes up to 12 times a day), with the 'warm water' sensation on the inside of my left thigh toward the back. I have also been experiencing strong tension headaches in the same spot on the right side of my head, and was worried that these were somehow related. My doctor assures me this is not the case. I sometimes have pain after lying on my left side for a period of time, yet this never occurs on my right side. Very frustrating to say the least. My doctor had never before heard of the 'warm water' sensation, and suggested it was a nerve condition perhaps triggered by tight underwear (no) or tight jeans or pants.  I work in IT so am often sitting at my computer for long periods of time, but like to get up and move around every 30mins where possible. I have started to take multivitamins as I am constantly tired and frequently stressed. Baffling how so many of us seem to have the same symptoms yet nobody has a diagnosis.
I am female, age 65. Have had these sensations for well over 6 yrs now. I am active and not overweight. Every Doctor I've spoken to has NO idea what I am talking about. In 2005 I had a scan that involved a dye that was a vascular dilator. When the dye is released it gives a hot  feeling in the pelvic area and makes you feel as if you will urinate.  It is almost the same feeling I get when I get the hot feeling in both thighs. The heat goes mostly down to the knee but has, at times continued down the whole of each leg.  Lately it has been happening in the buttock area too and also involves a "pins and needles" feeling. It does not hurt , is more irritating but I do get a weak feeling in the lower back and legs if it happens while standing up. I believe it has something to do with blood vessels and veins, as it usually happens when I get up after being off my feet for a while. I have had tests for pinched nerves and other spinal tests so it is not coming from there. I DID have a dissected aneurysm in the aorta (It was found when I went to LifeLine testing and had a ultra sound test done) and had complete removal and replacement graft surgery done.  I had NO symptoms from the aneurysm.  Also had a graft put into left femeral artery.  Blood flow was/is complete and normal in my neck and ankles and heart. I am on high blood pressure meds and was before the aorta surgery. Even my vascular surgeon was unable to come up with a reason for the "flushing" feelings. I have been checked for many different things, and have had my entire body scanned. I would suggest asking your doctors if they have ever had that dye injected and then they will know the feeling you are having. It is NOT from tight clothes. Your doctor should ask around as I have all my doctors doing.  Maybe we'll get lucky and find a reason for it. There seems to be no diagnoses for this condition at this time.  
Forgot to also say that I have been on Vit B complex for 3 yrs now.  Also take Fish Oil and Vit D. I have been checked--over and over for Diabetes. I was having bad pain from the huge dissected aneurysm in thorax and abdominal  area, it had grown into the lung and back muscles.  No one knew what that was either as I hadn't yet been diagnosed with the aneurysm, but one neurologist  put me on Lyrica. A low dose but it did seem to reduce the hot flushes in the legs somewhat. It is mainly given for severe nerve end pain. At the time Lyrica had just been starting its use in the USA. I see there are commercials now promoting it so it may be worth a try for some of you.[ Neurontin (sp?)) Has been used longer in the USA , similar to  Lyrica .]  Just remember--each drug has it's own contradictions and I chose to discontinue the med. Same with loading up on vitamins unless your doctor tells you it's ok to take them with prescription drugs.     Question??---do any of you have restless leg syndrome also?                           Lucky207
I just started getting this down my right calf. I am a chef and I am on my feet alot. Dog peeing on my calf is the best way to describe the feeling.  Funny cause I have two dogs!

Male 35
205lbs  5-10
No history of problems.
I do take Prilosec every day for acid indigestion.
I haven't gone to a doctor yet but i will if it persists and I will chime in to give any info I can.
Great board though thanks everyone for sharing info.
I too have it, but I know what the problem is; I suffer from high tension-high blood preasure which gives me bab headaches that can up to 24 hours. I take a pain killer similar to a migrane (migraine) medication that causes the blood to get very thin, helping with blood flow through tensed veins in the brain. Eventually this thinning of the blood results in other areas of the lower estremities to have problems or just symtoms (symptoms), particularly the left side where the main blood valve is located, these vains get large amounts of very warm blood pumped hard into them on intervals of minutes or hours, depending on body activities, If you take pain killers often, this may be one of the symtoms (symptoms). I recommend you buy a home blood preasure tester to keep track of your blood preasure to be able to know what is happening with you body before you see a doctor. Also, lowering salt and sugar helps.

Pease to all
I started to get the warm wet feeling on my right thigh. At first I kept looking down to see if something was spilling on there, even though I had nothing in my hands. I am going to the dr tomorrow because I was freaking out. I hope they dont think I am nuts when I go...
I wish my husband was reading these blogs and now he can understand what im talking about..really the sensation feels good specially when its chilly outside here in iowa. I first immediatly wiped my leg as well. it feels like warm water being poured down on it. Yes the look on the doctors face..was priceless.. although it feels good..It would be a reassurance to know if it something to be concerned about.
Thanks for your input on Citalopram being a factor or not in this condition.  I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to see if he can shed any light on this strange condition we're all experiencing.  I'll let you all know what I find out.
I have a warm feeling on the outside edge of my left foot.  It is not constant, or painful, but it feels exactly like sun is shining brightly on that foot, or its sitting on a heating pad.  it happens mostly when i am sitting with that foot touching something, or sitting at my desk with shoes on.

Age 37
female
medications:  5 mg Bystolic (beta blocker) for hypertension and heart palps. since 10/09
50 pounds over weight, 5 feet 10 inches tall.
No recent births
boarderline diabetic controlled with diet.

C-spine done recently for slipped disc.  Disc is very slightly bulging but still, its there!  also have occasional twitches in my forehead and face.  

MERALGIA PARESTHETICA  seems to fit the bill for me.  Thanks for sharing that information.  
So I am not having hot flashes..yeah!  But what is this???

Sex: F
Age: 41
Height: 5Ft 8In
Job: Desk Jockey -  Sustainability
Health Background: General healthy, but had first child 15mos ago, and all sorts of odd things since.  Nursing mom.  Low on Vit D, B and Calcium, but taking supplements for them plus prenatal multi.  I had Tingling in my feet like they had fallen asleep, but that has been gone for months.
Blood pressure: excellent 90/60
Weight: Thin 122lbs, lost an additional 20 lbs after having kid from pre-pregnant weight.  Mostly muscle and especailly in my rear (my butt is gone), since I didn't have much fat to lose
Current weight direction: Holding...?
Weight Pattern: down since birth of child
Symptom description: warm sensation, no pain.  Feels like I am sitting on a really warm surface.
Symptom Location(s): Left buttocks/upper thigh below pocket
Frequency of Symptom: few times per day.  There are periods of time without symptoms. and others with lots of flashes... up to 15 while reading this post
Allergies: None specifically, but "undiagnosed sensitivities" per 3 allergists.  May be food related.  Tryng to be Gluten and Dairy free.
Drugs: Thyroid meds (Hashimotos)
Vaccinations:   ?
Activity Level: Moderate, used to be very active
Stress Level: Moderate to high recently
History: Currently, I am really tight.  I have not been getting much stretching in at all lately, and I can feel my usual sciadic issue on the outside of my right leg is tight.  I just had a really heavy round of stress that had other parts of my back in spasm.  That is going away.  This burning sensation is all new.  I do wear tighter jeans...hmmm

Found this site that seemed to shed some additional light on this topic...http://mysite.verizon.net/res72i1p/health/back/index.html

Thanks for all the posts....there are some really good threads in here.  Transient issues are never easy to describe, this one seemed even stranger.
Interesting reading so just signed up and thought I'd post my twopenny worth (no explanations I'm afraid but would welcome some).
I'm here because of the exact same symptoms discussed by many on the forum but which no-one I've spoken to recognises at all. Not been to a GP or anything as in every otehr respect I feel healthier and better than ever.
I get the weird warm water feeling down around and between my right shin and calf area many times a day and have been now for several weeks. I'm 47 have always been fairly active but since Sept 09 I've been training for my first ever marathon (in April) and to be honest think I'm fitter and more healthy than I've ever been. I'm running 20 miles in 3 hours or so at moment, doing lots of yoga and stretching but still the symptoms persist when I'm running and at any time of the day doing anything, although strangely not noticed it at night, lying down. I work at a PC most of the day 9-4ish 4 days a week but take frequent breaks and walks and cannot think of any reason for this strange change in my leg. It doesn't affect my running at all and in the current cold temperatures is almost pleasant..!
Not sure about the MERALGIA PARESTHETICA  explanation as it seems mainly linked to obesity and I'm if anything under my natural weight at moment and its come on since I've been leaner and fitter.
Will be very interested in a diagnosis...but happy and grateful that this seems to be the limit of my current ailments.  
I, too, am having the warm/hot-leg thing on the low, outer side of left leg (close to ankle). It feels like the sun is shining directly on it. It's puzzling, and a bit disconcerting, because until it happened to me, I'd never heard of it.

So thank goodness for Google--at least I know I'm not alone.

Another symptom is my foot is waking me occasionally at night with painful muscle cramps on the top portion of it.

I have two herniated disks, but my lower back hasn't been bothering me.

???WHAT IS THIS???  I'm in good health, 60 years old, 5 foot 6, 135 pounds and moderately active. I like to walk.  Guess I'll wait it out for a while, and see what happens.  Thanks for posting, everyone! It helps to know I'm not nuts.
I am 61 years old and googled warm spot on leg because in the last couple of days I have felt a warm sensation around my right ankle.I haven't done anything different that normal. I walk twice a day, recently started taking a multivitamin.I am healthy as far as I know except I consistently have stiffness in my neck and left shoulder area.About 10 years ago I went to a sports rehab place at the suggestion of my doctor and I do the exercises they prescribed and that helps the neck (but never 100%).My posture is poor.The sensation feels good because it is warm, but not hot.I don't have the feeling of running water.The running water sensation says to me that the warmth is moving up or down.My sensation just seems to be in one spot.I am not obese, but diet could be better.I have been watching Dr. Oz and I am feeling bad about eating so much fat, sugar, and salt.
Great idea on formatting and comparing data, Dogger57.

Sex: F
Age: Mid 30’s
Height: 5’7"
Weight: 204 lbs
Current weight direction: Dropping at rate of 10-12 lbs/month
Weight Pattern:  Used to be fairly consistent at 145-165 lbs.  Rose 90 pounds precipitously within two years when prescribed Abilify.  Now that I’m off drug, the weight’s dropping steadily.
Symptom Location(s):  Outside of left leg, starting at ankle and up about 6”
Length of time with symptom: About a week
Frequency of Symptom:  Off and on.  Notice it perhaps six times a day.

Job:  Much time at desk in front of computer.  Monitor is poorly adjusted and have bad posture there (working on it).

Health Background: Depression-low grade, Anxiety, Blood pressure was 120/80 a couple days ago when I was feeling stressed (so good blood pressure); while on Abilify, my fasting blood sugar elevated into the pre-diabetic range.  Taking low dose Metformin short term to avoid progression into diabetes and to manage sugar while I’m taking the weight off.  On last test while on Metformin, fasting blood sugar was 90 (that was before this symptom started); hypothyroidism.

Injuries:  Temporary paralysis from blunt trauma to spine about 15 years ago.

Chronic Problems:  I’ve had problems with my hands and feet going numb and/or getting cold for a couple years on and off.  In particular, the toes of my left foot get very cold.  The feet become cold to the touch and the toenails are purplish.  Happens particularly when sleeping or after walking on basement floor.;  Problems maintaining body temperature, getting very, very cold when exercising – to the extent of shivering and only finding remedy in a hot bath- had respite in this condition for a few years, but it’s back;  Cysts- multiple ganglion and pilar.

Recent issues:  A lot of tension in upper right back and neck.  Feels bruised if touched.  Not quite like the pinched nerve feeling I often get when highly stressed.

Allergies:  none

Activity Level: Moderate.  Intense cardio sport for 3 hrs/week and casual walking.

Drugs:  Occasional tylenol; synthroid (for hypothryroidism); occasional naproxen; an SNRI; low dose metformin; low dose bupropion

Eating habits:  Lot of fish, chicken, salad, rice and vegetables.  Minimal on unhealthy stuff, although I do have some.  Alcohol only rarely (a few drinks a year).

Stress Level:  Very high the past couple weeks.

Appearance:  Left leg looks totally symmetrical to right leg.

Cell phone:  Don’t carry one in pocket or clipped anywhere and haven’t done so more than a handful of times.

Comments:  I find it interesting that the last poster has stiffness in the left side of neck and shoulder, and these symptoms in the right leg.  Whereas I’m the opposite:  my right upper back and neck are stiff and achy, and my left leg is warm…

Like many posters, I’d describe the sensation as not unpleasant, just peculiar.  It feels about the temperature of bathwater or how the skin might feel next to a heating vent or exposed to the sun (as someone else said).  It doesn’t feel like running water, but that seems to be an apt description because my skin most often feels this sensation when getting into a comfortable bath.
I am so glad I found this site. I thought I was going nuts. I started experiencing the warmth in my left calf, it felt like my dog had leaned on it. It was not bad. I sit a lot at work and I have a 2 hour commute daily. Water, massage, stretching and gentle excercise will take care of it. Good luck....
I am a 64 year old male.  Walk about 20 miles a week.  6'1", 210lbs in fairly good shape.  I started to notice a warm spot on the back side of my right leg about 2 months ago.  It's about the size of your hand.  It's not hot or uncomfortable and lasts about 10 to 15 seconds.  I get it mainly when I'm sitting but have experienced the feeling while walking.  I have not experienced this sensation any where else on my body.  I have never had any back problems.  Good results in my last physical, oct '09.  I have a doctor's appointment today, as a follow up to my physical.  Will advise the doctor today and see what he says about the sensation.
I've just located this web site because just like everyone else I have been experiencing a warm sensation in my right leg.  It feels like a heater is close to my lower leg area and at times it starts in the thigh area and shot downward in a fast sensation.  It's so weird and I'm a little worried.  Thanks for sharing all the information you have on the problem.
Sex: F
Age: 18
Height: 5Ft 6In
Job: full time student - i.e. sitting at a desk all day
Health Background: Pretty okay.
Blood pressure: Average, maybe slightly high
Weight: thin, 120lbs
Current weight direction: fluctuates a lot
Weight Pattern: probably down I suppose
Symptom description: warm, like someone has soaked me in clothes with a shower/peed oneself.
Symptom Location(s): bottom right buttocks, top of right thigh
Length of time with symptom: A few days
Frequency of Symptom: few times per day, can happen a lot in a short period of time, or then have hours and hours between them.
Allergies: None
Vaccinations: had my third HPV jab yesterday
Activity Level: Moderate to low.
Stress Level: high.
History: Having problems with diet, i.e. eating a lot to not much at all, and I do wear tight jeans..
Also my aunt said she had a similar feeling, like burning down her leg.
Hope we sort this. xx
I found this thread via google search too. After reading the above I realized that I've been wearing comprsssion shorts lately for underwear. Maybe that's where the issue is. Interesting.
I started to get the warm water sensation running down my legs and thighs and now its changed to what I can only describe as hot spots on my collar bone, arms, hips - could it be related to an epidural I had 3 years ago?  It does sound like its nerve related....
Sex: M
Age: 31
Height: 5Ft 6In
Job: firefighter
Health Background: Pretty okay.
Weight: athletic, 165lbs
Current weight direction: stable within 5 to 10 pounds
Weight Pattern: probably down I suppose
Symptom description: warm, like someone has soaked me in clothes with a shower/peed oneself.  I thought it was a heater the first as I was sitting in my car, but the a/c was running...
Symptom Location(s): left inner chalf
Length of time with symptom: A few seconds
Frequency of Symptom: just started right now its a few times per week and only when sitting at this time
Allergies: Dilantin
Vaccinations: vaccinated to just about everything because of my time in Africa
Activity Level: Moderate to high during excercise/work but generally I'm in a relaxed state.
Stress Level: moderate.
History: I have suffered from a head injury when I was 14 and my spine is very slightly curved because my left leg is shorter than my right.
I'm an 18 year old male who has just recently experienced a warming sensation on my right heel, just below my ankle. This sensation started about a few days ago. I have no idea what caused it. When it comes to my daily life, I'm a pretty active senior, getting ready to graduate :).  I'm surprised to see how many people actually have this symptom. It's a shame none of us have a diagnosis
I talked to my friend about this. She's a med student at simmons college in boston and got accepted into harvard..so I feel like she knows her stuff. She told me it could POSSIBLY be high cholesterol just from the little I told her. And asked if I've had jaw or cheek pain, which I have...and said that and the heat on my right calf might be from high chol.
Of course I have had this feeling lately as well that is why I came to find this discussion :P  I am just wondering what we all have in common?  Medications at all?  Vaccines?  Exposure to something we have in common?  I am having "warm spots" as well mostly in my left lower leg.  It's not a warm feeling like a muscle issue it feels like just that spot is in the sun or something lol.  I have been having a lot of other issues as well though.  In the past few weeks I have had a significant outbreak/episode of psoriasis (the sensation is not due to a spot either because there isn't one there), I have had much increased anxiety since the outbreak (not before),  when it (psoriasis outbreak) started I also had a strepp throat infection which I took amoxicillin for.... trying to think of what else might have been out of the ordinary *shrugs*  I have now since started taking a medication for my psoriasis that is a topical but in the area of the warmth I have not applied there... anyone else think of anything that might have stood out since you got it? or even that has happened in the past while before it started?  Probably not related but who knows, I dont' usually get seasonal vaccines but this year I did get the H1N1.  Probably psoriasis related but I am also getting itchy skin tingly spots around other places as well on my body where there is no psoriasis.  Not the same "warmth" feeling as I get in my leg though...

I am 32, I dont' sit down at my job I am moving around quite a bit, at home I am running around after a 1 year old and playing with a 5 year old,  recently started getting into my garden this spring, I eat well but am underweight (always have been).   Ladies, strange question here as well... not meaning to be funny really and I don't think it is sexually related but I also have gotten that warm sensation on my upper thighs at times just lately and even warm * as well *shrugs* related?    

I had a question as well.... if you are feeling the warmth, can you also feel it to the touch when you touch the area with your hand?  I can not feel the warmth from the outside... just the sensation
I am a 22 year old male college student, and I've been experiencing the "warm water" syndrome for the past few days. It always occurs in the same spot: right leg, halfway between the knee and ankle, back/side of the leg, about the size of my hand. It has occurred both sitting and standing. I'm slightly underweight, not terribly active, but I do a lot of walking around campus. No medications, but I have a family history of diabetes. H1N1 and seasonal vaccine about 6 months ago. No medical conditions except eczema on a couple of knuckles, and this has been clearing up.

It has been occurring 2-3 times per day over the past few days, and I'm suspecting that it might be stress-related. I had a huge exam on Saturday and had been really stressed last week. Now that the exam is over and the pressure if off, however, the sensation still remains.

I have not tried touching the area when it occurs, but my hands are usually cold (poor circulation?) so it would probably feel warm anyway.
I have had these tingling/burning feelings in my legs for about 3 weeks now. They only seem to happen when I am sitting still at my computer desk or at home watching TV. When I am walking or active they dissapear and only return when I stop.
One reason I thought it was all in my head was due to the fact that when I woke up first thing in the morning from sleep the feeling wasn't there. It only seemed to happen when I thought about it which led me to think that I may be prompting these tingles myself! Very weird and worrying at the same time.
On other reason I thought it was in my head was due to the fact that on occasion when I am sitting I forget about it and it seems to go away, only to return when I resume thinking about it. I know I must sound crazy to you all but would appreciate feedback if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. For what it's worth, I am a 27 year old male. Healthy, play sport etc. Office worker.
I have the warm water feeling in my arms and legs.  Mine starts at the top of my leg and runs down it just like water would.  I also get this feeling around my elbow.  My history: This first started a few years ago after having a spinal tap done.  At first it was my left leg, then it was my right, and then it was both.  The sensation went away for a long time and is now back.  I drink at least a gallon of water a day.  I love ice water!  I recently developed psoriasis on my elbows.  Weird.  And I have a feeling I have blood clots in my legs because a few months again I developed bruises on my leg (without injury) and it hurts and there are lumps.  I do have a desk job, but I am up and down all day long.  Then I have school, where I sit in class and sit for hours doing homework.  I lost a baby in 2001 and I was in a deep depression/anxiety/panic state for years after.  Rarely took meds for it, but I 95% better.  I still panic, or should I say worry.... like now with this blood clot thing.  Anyways, I am sure the water sensation has something to do with emotions and stress.  It just started again a few days ago and I am very stress with work/school/family situations.  The blood clot possibility really has me freaking out, so I am going to try to get in to see the doctor tomorrow or Thursday.  I will let you know what he says.  He is fabulous!

Hope
Same with me however i get this warm sensation in both legs, though it does seem more frequent in my right and it is always between my knee to my ankle, running down my calf.
Lately it's more like having my leg to close to an electric heater than water running down it.
I don't sit at my job, I am a cashier at a grocery store where that is verboten. maybe my sitting at home in my easy chair makes up for that difference though or perhaps all the lifting, bagging, twisting with heavy bags in my hands is as bad? I've had this going on for about 2 yrs and the worrisome part is the last couple weeks have been experiencing some aching and cramp feelings in my knees and calves along with it.
That's quite a new developement.

I already know intimately what sciatica is, I have had that malady for decades, this isn't sciatica!

Will be googling that other thing mentioned here:MERALGIA PARESTHETICA.

I'm 5'2
134lb
female
50+ (no you don't get the number that goes with the plus!)
bad back- sciatica, bad neck and upper back/shoulders.
I'm a 27 year old male, in excellent physical condition. I sit at a computer at least 8 hours a day, but I also get in an hour+ of running, weight lifting, or boxing a day. I eat fairly healthy, too.

I, too, have been experiencing a warm sensation in my lower left leg. It's mainly been on the outer side and shin, between my knee and my ankle. It's like warm water being poured down my leg. The first time it happened (a few weeks ago?) I thought maybe I had peed myself. It doesn't bother me, but I noticed it enough to feel compelled to search the symptoms on Google and here we are.

I'm on Zyrtec and take a few multi-vitamins, but that's about it. I've been jumping rope a lot, too. I don't know what's causing it, I guess if it persists for the next few months I'll go see my doctor, but I'm not too concerned about it.
Was interesting to see the age range of persons this 'warming' problem has affected. I am wondering if it is a 'pre-diabetic' sympton. My family has a history of diabetes - I am just waiting for it to catch with me although I have started to use less sugar etc - but I still need to exercise (I am really bad at that).
I have been getting a warm sensation down the back of my left arm.  Its like a wave of heat passing from the upper arm down to my wrist.

I am 51 and in great health.  No menopause symptoms yet unless this is the first.

Any one else experiencing this? Down the arm - not the leg?
I am a 27 year old male and have also been experiencing the same "warm water" sensation down the front of my left shin. It's interesting to me that you mention panic attacks, as I have been diagnosed within the past year with panic disorder. I am not medicated for it, but I can also attest that the feeling is similar, if notr identical to the full-body hot sensation brought on by a panic or anxiety attack. I have been under a lot of stress from family and friends who are struggling with various problems in their lives and thisa has contributed to several mini attacks over the past month, including last night and the night before.
It seems, by several people's postings, that the symptoms are in some way psychosematic and linked to stress, anxiety, and emotional distress. I am otherwise in great physical condition. I am a healthy weight, have a healthy diet, and do a lot of walking. I work in retail and am on my feet eight hours a day. It would seem that the symptoms do not have any correlation between desk jobs or active, age, or gender. The most common denominator I see is stress. This post has been quite helpful for me and I hope others get a lot out of it. I am going to start logging the times and durations of these sensations to see if they coincide with any activities or events throughout my day. I recommend that anyone else experiencing this do the same. I will post again with any further information I get.
its a great platform to share the problems and then trying to figure out the solutions and  get better uderstanding and also know how of healthy living..thanx a lot to all for sharing ur views...let me share mine...i m 29 M , i m facing strange problem. Both my legs feel heavy , tired and warm ,i feel so tired whole day , mostly after walking . Feel better while taking rest.If i stand for sometime , i feel burning in my feet and tingling in my feet.Its quite wierd and awkward situation.I am getting depressed coz of this situation.I had similar problem last year , which got worse.I Took 10 Vitamin B12 injections and some steroids but it got worse.It was difficult for me to walk sometimes.Then i changed my neuroligist. he told me to do nerve conduction tests, MRI , X-Ray Test and no. of blood sample tests.All reports were normal,, Doctor told me its nothing but general weakness but prescribed me Pregablin and i took it for 2 months or so.All of a sudden i was better and pretty normal.It has come up again all of a sudden from no where after an year...i have been on healthy diet since last year, no accidents, no other disease,, but i cant understand why i got this kind of problem again...and i dont know what to do now...whom to consult and dunno what disease or syndrome it is... if someone has similar symptoms and has a clue wot it is and wot needs to be done..plz plz plz..let me know..i wud be gratefull to u all....
I am having similar sensations, mostly on my left calf and forearm, but also on other parts of both legs and arms.  This did not start occurring until right after I started taking 1000-2000 IU of vitamin D every morning, though it still happens if I miss a dose.  It seems to happen randomly, whether I am standing, walking or sitting, but I first noticed in in my left leg while driving.  Could there be a connection with the vitamin D?  I saw vitamin D mentioned elsewhere in this forum.  I also take a multivitamin and fish oil every day, which I have been doing about a year or so, but i started taking the additional vitamin D in the last 2 months after I discovered I had a vitamin D insufficiency of just under 20.  The strange sensation started almost immediately after I started the increased D intake.  I also started eating blueberries on a daily basis around the same time.  I am about 40 lbs overweight and 37 year old male, computer based job, with fairly sedentary lifestyle punctuated by weekly 2-hour plus walks and occasional long hikes, but rarely strenuous exercise.
I am a 49 year old woman. I am considered obese. I have had the same warm sensations in my left shin and I did have it about a year ago (funny enough) in my right butt cheek. I had been on a weight loss program and lost 65 lbs and the sensations seemed to stop. But at the same time, because high doses of all types of vitamins. After the weight loss, I lost the sensations or they reduced dramatically. Unfortunately, I have since gained some of the weight back and the sensations are back. Could it be pinched nerves? I also considered varicose veins. I really don't have those, but I have veins I can see behind my left knee cap. Hummm?
For the last two days, I have had a warm sensation down the back of my left leg, below my knee and above my ankle. I thought my skin would be warm to touch but not.
Emmoma and Dalubaba mentioned MERALGIA PARESTHETICA? That tight jeans might be the problem?
I am in decent shape, working out regularly, my job has me moving constantly with physical labor, 53 and still about twenty pounds over weight with a distant family history of diabetes. I have lost enough weight though over the last several months through exercise and diet to cause my pants to be lose enough that I have to really cinch my belt up; tighter than I have ever before. I wonder if this has anything at all to do with it? Thanks.
I began feeling warm sensations, like frequent hot flashes in my lower leg that traveled to my ankle right after I had a root canal.  I am wondering if it is connected to the medication or trauma associated with the procedure. I keeping looking down thinking I will see something, its the strangest feeling.

I pray it is nothing serious, but I am going to call the endodontist to see if he has heard of similar side affects.

How many of us regularly sit with a lap top on our laps? Is it possible that sitting for hours with six pounds or so on top of our thighs is causing this heat sensation in our lower legs?
I found this site after searching for another set of symptoms entirely:  I am getting a strange "warm" feeling on the outer-right side of my right lower leg.  It comes and goes, but has been happening between 10 and 30 times a day recently.  The sensation lasts only a few seconds, but is very noticeable and can best be described to someone who has note experienced it as feeling very much like warm water being poured over the surface of your skin.  So why am I writing this on a post about vibrating penises?  Because strangely, I have that same set of symptoms too!
The vibrations described in this thread are incredibly similar to what I have been experiencing lately.  The cell-phone description is a good approximation.  These vibrations also come and go for me, and are much less frequent in number than the "warm spot" thing with my leg.  So this is all very unusual and I was just amazed to find that most of the "related articles" links here
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/periodic-warm-sensation-in-lower-left-leg/show/183317  ;
were to articles like this one!!  No one seems to be discussing this apparent link though and I am wondering how many others are having both of these sets of seemingly unrelated symptoms?

What is the point of everyone writing a post here saying "I have a warmth in my leg" but there is actually no medical help?
Get a full lower back xray. My brother in law having this problem. Both legs feeling warm after some walk. Diagnose back nerves problem. Now going for therapy. If cant recover may have to operate. Hope this is helpful to u all
Maybe it could be restless leg syndrome.  I haven't felt this sensation, but my 4 year old son has restless leg syndrome and sometimes he says his legs are hot. According to what I have read about it, it can be bothersome while sitting still, like at a desk.  It can also feel worse after exercise.  You can also have the sensations in your arms.  A neurologist can tell you if you have restless leg.
Hi, i work in a physiotherapy clinic and am having the same problem, I spoke to the head physio who said its a nerve flaring at the bottom of the back. Its along the same kind of lines as sciatica. The nerve that tells you when someones pouring water down ur leg is that same nerve which is firing and making that sensation. Its not serious or harmful its just a misfiring nerve. I hope this helps!
My sensation started with numbness then moved to warm feeling, though it also feels like the lower leg is not with me!
Had Bowen Therapy to release nerves, and activate misfiring muscles.  It works, but i found it is temporary.  The problem maybe related to another part of the body, such as hip misalignment or the SI joint is locked/out.  Paul Escogue wrote Pain Free, whose exercises alleviate that warm sensation, and things are supposed to improve over time.  Slight for me only, next stop osteopath.  I try not to think of blood clots or MS, but they are lingering at the back of my mind.
Very interesting.  I just started to feel that hot sensation on the left side of my calf, more towards the front.  I'm 67, walk daily, I'm not overweight but I have atherosclerosis so I started to worry.  There's been no diagnosis out of the comments but it doesn't appear to be anything serious.  I'm going to have a good weekend and try to forget about it.  Thanks.  
I'm a 45 yr young female Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist. I noticed after a leg workout on a new machine that I have not ever used. I started to experience a warming sensation in my right calf and in my buttocks (when sitting) about 2 hours after I was done. Definately a compressed nerve in my lower back (sacrum). Some stretching of the hamstrings and back has helped. Massage works WONDERS!! : )  
Wow! As most of you have said am so glad to know that I am not alone.
I am 48 year old women, am in good shape and just started the workout P90X. My job is about 50/50 moving sitting. I have had the warm water sensation on the top of my left thigh. This just started 3 days ago but is very frequent through out the day now.
I like the idea of trying massage. It is not unpleasant but you definitely know it is happening. The first few time it was like "wow what was that". I immediately looked at my leg to see if it was red and of course there was nothing there. Will continue to watch this post to see if anything comes of this.
I am a 68 year old female in generally good health, very active, happily married and living with my husband in NYC. I have been living with the sensation of "hot water pouring down my leg" for the past three years. The condition has been on and off in 4-6 week intervals. I can simply say that these feelings of hot flashes - sometimes around the clock - have driven me crazy ( I am 25 years past menopause). I found this web site while I was researching the problem and was shocked to see so many fellow sufferers. My reason for writing tonight is I think I may have an answer and help for some of us.

By way of background, in pursuit of a diagnosis and a cure I have consulted with neurologists, orthopedists, gynecologists, vascular surgeons, GI specialists and of course my own PCP. I have been relentless in trying to find out what is causing the problem. Fortunately I am very verbal and can describe my condition in detail - and do.

I have had ultra sounds of my leg, MRI's of my lower spine (twice), 2 EMG studies and have taken ibuprofen, gabapentin, and Lyrica. The result of all of this was zero - none of these doctors ever heard of my problem and all of these professionals were from well known hospitals and tops in their professions. Most of them probably thought I was nuts.

Finally, after suffering a round of diverticulitus, I mentioned the problem to my gastroenterologist in NYC. He too had never heard of it, but thought that perhaps acupuncture might be a solution. I took his advice and consulted with a very well qualified Chinese doctor whose specialty is physical medicine and acupuncture. Believe it or not, after 5 minutes of discussing my problem, she knew what was wrong and what was necessary to correct it. After undergoing the recommended acupuncture treatment, I had about a 75% reduction in the sensation (my first visit was June 29th and my second today, July 1st).

My diagnosis was sciatica - but a type that did not have radiating pain, but radiating sensation - a fact that none of the other physicians I consulted with believed possible since all of them told me that if it was sciatica I would be having pain.

In addition to the acupuncture, I am doing some simple prescribed exercises which seem to be helping as well.

My recommendation to all of you is that you pursue acupuncture as a possible relief for the problem. I don't know if this will be permanent, but I sure am enjoying the peace of not having to deal with this sensation.
I have this too. I believe it must be from a damaged disc in my neck. I have two bad discs ( I had an MRI after a car accident). When my neck is really sore then I also get this weird sensation on my lower left calf several times a day. The first time it happened I thought I was leaning against something burning hot but then there was nothing there. Don't worry about it. Everyone's disc's degenerate once you reach 30 or so. I read a spinal surgeon's book about this. Try not to do any activities that make your neck or back sore, and try not to sit too long or do any particular activity for too long. This also started when I was 7 months pregnant, by the way. I guess pregnancy is a huge strain on your back once the baby gets big.
I have the warm sensations in random places backs of my arm,s tops of my legs lower legs, and back. Lasts a few secounds to a couple of minutes.
Oh thank God I'm not going crazy!  This just started for me yesterday and has been happening every hour or so all day today.  I have the warm water sensation on my mid thigh down to the back side of my calf....the first time it happened I was standing up at work (I am a Massage Therapist) and thought I had peed on myself!!!  I am only 30, in good health, fairly active, and definately NOT sitting at a desk all day.

I hope someone eventually tells us all once and for all what the heck this is, but for now I'm just so happy to not be alone.
Thanks, Hot flush symptom. Me too! right upper thigh from butt to knee, yes snobuni it felt like i peed on myself, good description, anyone figure this out? i am 5'4" 115 lbs in excellent health. Just occurred twice today
I am a 37 year old F, I have a burning from the inside out kinda feeling, numb to touch, sometimes throbbing pain from back of knee to feet and sometimes foot is numb. I went to ER before the throbbing and numbness in foot, they supposedly ruled out a blood clot, suggested nerve damage, after much research I have found that it very well could be the common peroneal nerve and peroneal nerve damage. I traveled a TON over the last three years, spent a lot of time with my legs hung over a vehicle seat, seeing as I am only 5' tall, there was a lot of compression of the common peroneal nerve, cause my feet dont touch the floor in the truck enough to lift my knee up off of the seat, besides that I sat at a desk most of the day and when I sit on a chair or couch at home, I tend to sit with my legs bent tight or one over the other bent tight leg. I hope this helps someone, google those nerve damages and see if this matches your symptoms. I have no insurance so I am trying to self treat and prevent further damage until I can get insurance. ~Nicole
Within the last month i have started to get the same feeling of a warm current shooting up my right leg just to above the back of my knee. It also feels like a line of warm water. Its best described a warm current or sensation. It started after i went for quantum scio therapy where currents were released into my body and since my first session i get this sensation about 10 x a day only in my right leg. Its a mystery to me. My therapist tells me its a good sign as my energy body flow is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know about that! The reason why i went for the scio therapy is because i started suffering (out of the blue) with chronic anxiety attacks / seizures. I would love to know what this is, i am afraid if i ask my DR he might think i am delusional and making this up due to my sudden history of anxiety.  Any ideas anyone?
I have a warm heat sensation in my right foot.  It last for about 5-10 seconds and disappears. anyone with any information please email me at ***@****.
I am having the warming sensation in my back, not my legs.  It's the lower, side part of my pack - love handle area, really.  Last for about 5 seconds - no pain.  I do have a family history of type 1 diabeties and MS, my mom has both.
sounds like anxiety
Can't believe how many people are having this problem. I am a 40 yr old female nurse. I have started experiencing a "hot spot" in my left upper leg proximal to the inner thigh area. It comes on about 3-5 times a day. What the heck is this?
Short answer: Fibular (also known as peroneal) nerve entrapment (Google it).

I had precisely the symptoms described--sensation of spilt hot coffee down my left outer calf.  Fortunately, I have access to an actual board-certified neurologist.  A few quick tests can confirm.  In particular, the fibular nerve runs from your knee, down the outer side of your calf, then across the top of your foot to your big toe.  See if you can flex your big toe up and keep it up when someone presses down on it...I was surprised to discover I couldn't when the neurologist tested for this.  It's another sign that this nerve is getting pinched or otherwise irritated.

The irritation can just be from hitting the side of your knee (like bumping it hard on a coffee table...I'm a klutz), or it can be from a number of other causes, including getting the nerve pinched as it wraps around the top of the fibula or passes through the upper side calf muscle, or diabetic neuropathy.  It might get better on its own in a few weeks/months, or may even require outpatient surgery if the pinching is due to a structural problem.

Note that this diagnosis is specific to pain/burning/numbness localized on the calf.  If you're also having symptoms in your upper leg and lower back, the problem is further up, e.g., sciatica.
Sorry, meant to send out props to "SagersWife", who worked out both the diagnosis and the first-stage treatment all on her own -- you rock!

Indeed, the initial treatment is just to be more aware and careful of how you sit--be sure there's always a cushion or space between the edge of a seat and the back of your knee, don't sit with your legs crossed real tight or with clothes bunched up tightly against the back or side of your knee, etc.  Just keep all the pressure off the knee.  My doctor said to try this for a few weeks and see if there's any improvement in the symptoms, which would mean the irritated nerve is healing on its own.  If not, then we move on to MRI the knee to see if there's something continuing to pinch it.
I cant believe this!!!!! I'm having the same thing going on with me. Last Friday around 4-5p.m my left leg in the calf area was burning. I thought maybe a bug had bitten me but I couldnt see any bite marks. So later on I thought it might go away........I was wrong a week later its still burning and it burns from the inside out. & this burning come and goes. I'm going to see my doc. tomorrow. I hope I have some good news and not the run around as have some of ya'll. I just wanted to share with ya'll that there is one more person out here having the same thing going on.
Yup, same here. Started about a week ago.... almost feels like my pant leg (shin area) just came out of the dryer, hence the heat then cooled off. I describe it like hot air being blown out of a vent onto my shin area.
I did mess up my back (threw it out) about a 3-5 days before I noticed this. I feel that could be the culprit, but am at a loss like the rest of you. A few things I have noticed:
- It does not bother me while walking.
- I do not notice it while sleeping.
-Driving or sitting position I notice it more than walking...
-There does not seem to be any numbness.

Please answer this... does anyone notice it a little more after a day of heavy exercise? Meaning, is it more frequent or noticeable the next day?
I've had the exact same thing...A warm sensation on my left thigh and on the bottom of my right foot, was intermittent through out the day, not painful and kinda pleasant actually. Mine lasted for 2 weeks and just disappeared. I'm worried it might be neurological in natured (MS) and so It's caused me to be very anxious lately.
My GP didn\t really know what caused it. It seems like noone knows what causes it......:(
I had the warm "running water" sensation down my left leg for a couple of weeks and now it is gone.  It wasn't warm to the touch.  My obgyn told me that it was radiating from my buttox area down my leg.  My chiropractor adjusted my tailbone and did some stretches.  The very next day, the sensation was gone!  Yea!!  Just wanted to let everyone know how to get rid of this weird sensation.
I started to experience the same sensation along the lateral side of my left leg between my knee and foot. I am also experiencing stinging pains along my left arms and hips though.
I think that may be one area. When I threw out my back it was in my lower area... I went to Bowen therapy and two days later my back felt better but the sensation started. I went again last night and got the lower back adjusted so we will see. I am going for an echo to make sure because I have big varicose veins..
I'm 26 years old and in the Army stationed at Fort Campbell, KY.  I run between 20-30 miles a week between the hours of 0630-0800 and work out on my lunch breaks.  I consider myself to be in excellent health yet I've been worried over the last 2 months due to this feeling in my left leg.  I googled 'Warm water on leg feeling' and found this site.  It is very random and comes and goes spuratically on the lateral side of my left leg.  Glad to know I'm not crazy...  I also spend a lot of time at a desk as i'm the Executive Officer for a Brigade Combat Team (RD) and have to answer emails and execute power points all day.
i am 52 male  had back surgery 10 years ago  i just got that dog peeing feeling a week ago on my left calf, going to my doctors tomorow , i did lift something i should not lifted 2 weeks ago, and went water sking  two days ago, it comes and goes hopeing its a strain i will keep you all posted crow1
Wow! I am so glad to have found this thread. For the past 2 weeks I have been having this feeling that someone has poured hot water over the top of my foot. I thought I was going crazy. I am 39 and pregnant with my 2nd child. I've been trying to figure out if this is something that I should be worried about so I started researching it. I honestly didn't think I would find anything. Thanks "Sagerswife" and "Eleanor360". What you said makes since. I am also shorter and sitting a lot, usually with my legs crossed or tucked under the chair. I'll try to watch how I sit from now on and see if that helps.
I had this same issue a year ago.  My left leg was heating up and painful for no reason.  I went and got an ultrasound and they gave me the all clear.  About 4 days later I woke up and couldn't walk.  The pain was unbearable.  I went to the emergency room and got another ultrasound.  The main vein in my entire left leg from my groin to my foot was full of hundreds of blood clots.  I started having symptoms just 2 weeks after starting to take birth control pills for the first time in my life.  I am 39.  I was in the hospital for 3 days and could not walk for 3 weeks.  I had to get painful shots in my stomach and be on blood thinners for 6 months.  Now a year later both of my legs and feet are starting to heat up again.  Same thing...I went to get an ultrasound yesterday and nothing.  I was tested for Factor V and I am positive for it, but before the birth control pills I never had an issue.  I was told that I could never again take a hormonal birth contol method.  Now I am just waiting for my symptoms to get worse because this is the same thing that happened before.  It is a very scary ordeal to go through!  If you are having these symptoms please go and get an ultrasound because it really is an issue of life and death.
Injury to my  L1 - 5,  lower back pain, Warm flush to lower leg and heel, with burning sensation in ankle.  Diagnosis from Chiropractor and D.O both state symptoms are consistant with  consistant with back injury. Prior to second opinion did not accept initial diagnosis.  I am now very confident that is the answer  for my particular sensations.
I've been experiencing the same warm sensation in my lower left calf down to my ankle and heel for about two weeks now. I don't have much back pain but carry my 4 yr old son around sometimes when he's tired or something. I'm a very petite 5' 2" 105 lb 39 yr old woman. I too have no clue what could cause this but it is getting annoying! I don't have the feeling at night (I don't think). I have had a bad knee for years and have pain in my calf and thigh periodically...could that be the cause? I have had the pain for a while though so not sure if that is the culprit. I have a doc appt on Tuesday, so hopefully I can get some tests done & answers. If anyone has any more info on this, please let me know.
Well as fast as it came on it has left. I have no idea what it was as I had leg scans, etc. The only thing I can think of is I stopped taking vitamins that I was taking for 5 years, then after the "heat sensations" started I went back on the vitamins and 2 weeks later, symptoms GONE.

Coincidence? I have NO idea...
BTW, I have been taking Super B-100, Cal-Mag-Zinc (3 per day), L-Tyrosine and L-Glutomine.
I have had this sensation on and off for about two years.  Always the left leg, mostly calf but sometimes the thigh.  I am glad that others too have been having the same symptoms.  I thought I was the only one. I haven't found any connection to weight loss, weight gain, vitamins or lack thereof.  I did find some other sights that insinuated it might be related to auto immune disease. Who knows. I do hope that, if someone on this site, does find the answer to please post.  We all seem to be in the same boat...wondering how and why.
I am having a "burning" senastion in my upper right thigh. At first I thought that my Zippo leaked fluid on me and I was having somekind of chemical burn. Not the case though since I stopped carrying it for at least two months now. I am worried that it is a blood clot because I smoke, close to 30 and on Depo. Although some others have posted that they are on generic Celexa like I am; I have been on it for about 3 three years and the sensation just started a couple of months ago.

After reading everyone's posts I think that I will go to the doctor. I was kind of worried about going and saying 'my leg is burning but you can't see or feel anything doc." At least I know that others are having the same problem.  
I amazed, how many other individuals are going through the same thing as me. I work 8 hours days as well. For about two weeks I also been feeling this hot sensation down my left leg. It scazy because the sensation only last a few second, but I'm also worried. I went to the doctor got a whole check up/physical done. Doctor said I'm in good help.???? Makes me wonder why and how so many people are having the same symptoms as me.
I am 28 y/o female, 5'1, weighing about 110 lbs. I eat extremely healthy and eat only chicken, turkey or seafood as "meat." I drink plenty of water! I mostly drink tap water, with a filter from the faucet. I live in NY, NY. I am active: I run, I walk and every night and before I work out, I do some quick yoga a stretching (back included). I do not sit all day, though I do sit for some part of the day with my laptop. I move around a lot though, so I cannot say I am in one position all day. I too have had this warm water over the leg feeling. I was happy to see the search some up positive. I thought it was just me.

Nice to share your information about periodic warm sensation in lower left leg which is good to see here

thanks!!

[url=http://dentureadhesive.org]denture adhesive[/url]

HERE is the proper link

denture adhesive

Hi, so I found a solution that worked for me!
I have been getting a warm wet feeling in my lower left buttock for 2 - 3 weeks now that lasts a few seconds. Probably on average about 20 times a day. I too thought I had wet myself the first time it happened! I found this thread where someone suggested High Potency Vitamin B, even if you take a multi-vitamin. I started 3 days ago with a a Megasorb Vit B complex and so far today have not had one occurrence of the "warm wet sensation" !!
Crazy but true ;-)
I am a 41 year old female,  started 3 days ago, warm burning in right calf, keep looking and feeling to see if something is there, I am so glad to see I'm not alone. I have a degenerative disc problem in my back, am on lovan, an anti depressant for stress, these two factors seem to be common with all the posts I have read. I was thinking I had a blood   Clot but reading all this has made me not panic so much,
I have recently been getting this warm sensation in lower left leg...started a couple of months ago.  The first time it happened, I was in my car and thought warm water had somehow been released on it from under the dashboard.  Today, I've gotten the sensation at least 10 times.  It isn't unpleasant or acute...just strange.  Has anyone found the answer to it?
Yes, I've started having this inner burning feeling about 3 weeks ago. Started in my lower right foot and has moved up to my lower right back now...O.o no pain involved but if or when I put something cold on a warm area I don't feel the cold because I guess it's that warm/hot on the inside..kinda cool haha I would say that I spend a decent amount of time sitting down in front of a comp as well, but I am an active 22 year old student. I also have a rare disease called the Hirayama Disease or Monomelic Amyotrophy as it may more generally be referred to, which eats away at the muscle in the forearms. No cure for it but it is neurological disease so I'm wondering if this burning sensation has some connection to it as I've seen some say it has a connection to being neuro related..I suppose I'll try the B-Vitamin thing and see if that helps..or just wait for everything to get warm and survive the winter :p
I am 54, on my feet all day, stressful job and besides taking antidepressants and preacid I am pretty healhy.  I don't smoke or drink...maybe I should..LOL.  anyway I get the feeling like someone is pouring warm water down my leg.  Usually the back of my right leg just below my buttocks.  I wish someone would get an answer so I know this is nothing to worry about.  I always worry about MS since my sister has had it for 40 years and she had weird sensations that ran down her legs..that was something  I remember when she was first diagnosed.
I had this same feeling. I described it as warm water trickling down my leg. I went to the neurologist for other problems, and they found out that I have pernicious anemia. This is where the body lacks the enzyme needed to absorb vitamin b12. I was prescribed b12 injections and the feeling has gone away. A blood test can tell you are low in vitamin b12, and if it is due to pernicious anemia then you have to do the injections because the vitamin cannot be absorbed through the stomach.
I am very pleased to learn that others are experiencing the same periodic "warm sensation" feeling---mine is on my right shin.  I thought that I was just imagining this because I have been under tremendous stress for the past few weeks and this symptom started about 2 weeks ago.   I saw several posts about vitamin B/B12 and plan to run out and purchase a vitamin B complex because I stopped taking my daily vitamins about 6 months ago,  stopped working out due to lack of time and laziness---let's be honest here, I am very tired all the time and I am currently 30 pounds overweight.   I also started a job about a year ago that requires me to sit 8-10 hours a day as well.
I will return to share my status after a week of vitamin B...

SB
Update from SBwsr:

I have good news.  I have been taking the vitamin B/B12 complex, that was suggested in a number of older posts and after 5 days, I am no longer experiencing the warm sensation on my right shin!  Since I just turned 38 and as a result of this entire experience, I am now on a diet, taking vitamins daily again and working out to get better in shape and to be heathly.
wild, this is the exact feeling i am feeling in my right ankle bone.. hard to describe but "cold water being poured on it' is very accurate.  i am a 49 year old.. semi active.. had 1 pin left in my right foot from bone graft/bone fusion surgery 5 years ago?
If you have a Cyanocobolamine Deficency (B12)  the  one writer states you have to get injections of B12 because B12 is not absorbed thru the gut (enterically)  That is correct  B12 is not absorbed enterically but you also dont need to run to your doctor to get shots. For those of us who are not particullary fond of  shots   try the sublingual method...works almost as well as the shots and no pain. Just placed a high quality of B12 tablet under the tongue and let it disolve. I would suggest seeing your chiropractor for the correct B12 since most chiropractic offices carry high grade easly absorbed under the tongue.   I may self have just started this week  having the Warm Water sensation on my left leg above the ankle.  I know it is not a blood clot because my muscles are soft and not hard an no pain. It is not cellulitis (infection in the skin) No redness associated with surrounding tissue and no heat to the touch.  I am on a Proton pump inhibitor over the last several years.  Maybe a side effect of the drug.  Will have to do some more investigating............certainly am going to start with making sure my spine is aligned by my chiropractor.  
thank god for this blog.  I seriously thought I may have a brain tumour :(

Can't believe i've never heard of this before from anybody.  Then I have these 'hot water leg' symptons - i look it up on the net and 'bang' - half the world has got it.  My doctor concluded some kind of nerve damage and to come back if still here after a few days.  That was 7 weeks ago!
I'm 35.
Sit in office all bleeding day
Not over weight - quite thin actually.
Dont play any sports anymore - kept getting injured and was never that good anyway.

I'm paranoid that it's because I sit with my legs crossed.  No one has mentioned this (although I havent read all texts so maybe someone has).  I literally sit all the time with my legs crossed (my right leg over my left).  Maybe some permanent damage to the nerves in my left leg because of this.  Not sure but I've got my kids to smack my legs if I do it at home.  i've stopped crossing my legs at work also.  Has the sensation gone away??  i'd like to say yes and have the answer but fact is it hasnt gone away, it seems to have increased if anything.  Worse whenever i get up and drive after sitting for long periods.
How nice to find this column.  Its good to know others have experienced / are experiencing the same thing.  I will try the Vitamin B and see my chiropractor soon.  Same as so many of you - warm, wet feeling going down the outside of my left calf.  So convincing that I sometimes have to touch it.  I'm 54, very fit, not overweight, but I do sit at the computer all day. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy.
Yes, me too, but my sensation is in my right leg.  Again, want to mirror what others are saying.......such a relieve, even tho' not a diagnosis, that others are experiencing the same sensation.  Exactly like hot water running down leg, tho' mine is now focussed more around above the knee and let like water flowing but still that intense 'heat' like sensation.  I went to A&E the first day I had it!  Then went to doctors.  Both told me to take Ibubrofen.  I did and it helped.  I was also told it sounds like something to do with a trapped nerve.  I also have an office job and have and do spend a lot of time sat in me arse!  But I also exercise a lot!  Pain has come back months and months later but continuous and both Ibubrofen or Paracetamol doesn't work.  Another doctor saw me and he decided to run blood tests.  Result is apparently I have an infection (according to blood results).  Blood results being rerun.  Awaiting outcome but can't get appointment with doc for another 3 weeks!!!  If I get a positive outcome i will definitely post here!  
I have the same issue on my right leg. Im only 23 years old and active. After asking around the news came up with a possible cause.  This could be caused by people using labtops and letting them rest on their laps. According to the news this can cause a skin condition that is not serious in the legs. Due to the intense heat from the labtop. So if any of you rest your labtops on your laps while using it, this could be the source of the problem.
I want to thank Eleanor360 for her post.  I was so surprised to read all these posts because I'm having the warm sensation in my lower left leg.  I actually injured my knee somehow recently and this sensation did not start until after this injury. So, Eleanor360, your post hit home with me. I'm just glad to have some kind of answer.  Here is her post:

To: All--A Neurologist's Diagnosis

For the last 10 days or so, I, too, had the 'warm water running down my left calf' feeling like some of you. I initially thought it was the result of a heat vent in my car warming up my leg. It clearly was not and I began to feel this warm sensation 5-6 times per day and even got a pins and needles sensation in my left arm at one point! After a trip to the doc, a physical exam to test my neorological system and blood work, it was determined that I had somehow injured my neck and maybe my neck from hunching over my laptop at night (on my lap) and/or sleeping with too many pillows in various positions (I have trouble sleeping and fall asleep sometimes watching tv or reading). Next week, I will visit with an orthopedic doc and hopefully, will be re-alligned. I will post again to share my results. My neck and back are sore but it never occured to me that the warm sensations in my leg and arm could be related to my neck or back! Meanwhile, taking ibuprofen has helped tremendously and also gave me piece of mind when the pain subsided some, that this was a muscular situation and not one of neurological nature.
I have it lso. It has been going on now for about a year. It is in my left inner thigh. At first, I thought there was water running down the inside of my lower left thigh. I mentioned it to my Dr. He said not to worry if there was no pain  or minimization of my exercise routine. The feeling comes and goes. I had  not noticed the feeling was missing until today. The sensation had actually disappeared for about two to three months. During that time I had started taking Red Yeast Rice plus CoQ-10, with flush free niacin. I am a 57 year old female with no health problems. I have noticed that salt and sugar plays a part in the sensation. (Those two things will be the death of us all). Hopefully someone out there will diagnose this problem and put an end to this discomfort.
I am male 29. My work involves working in front of computer and also working in sites in factories.
Its not very stressfull though.My problem started all of a sudden in March 2009 when I started to feel tired, fatigued and a feeling of weak legs.
I consulted general physician , she suggested me to take some b-complex and keep healthy diet.I followed
her diet plan.I was going to Gym in the evening, started 2 weeks before. After 1-2 weeks I was feeling more fatigued and weakness was growing in my legs.
I observed after working out in gym , my calf muscles were becoming as hard as a rock.I stopped going to gym and preferred taking rest.
In a few days time my condition deteriorated.I felt pain in my knee and ankle joints too with pain radiating to my back while walking along with burning sensations in my feet while standing.
I went to neighbouring hospital and took x-ray for my spine, Blood sugar test and CPK level.Everything was normal.
I was given oral steroids for 15 days days along with vitamin B-12 injections for 10 days. I took them regularly.
I found my appetite got increased and i got red rashes all over my body but my pain didnt get better in 1 week time.
Then I went to see a neurologist. He suggested me to stop taking steroids by reducing the dosage.
A complete blood test along with urine test was done.It was normal.
Then MRI and Nerve conduction tests were done. Everything came out to be normal.
Doctor prescribed Maxgalin-M (lyrica,Pregablin 75 Mg ) to me 2 times a day. I took it for 5 months.
I was feeling better with pain only sometimes and burning sensation in my feet which reduced considerably with time.
I was back to normal life in the month of September.In november I got some warts near my genital area and also a few on my wrist.I took aclyvoir for 2 weeks.
Sores healed in 2 weeks.My life continued quite normal after that.In March I got a little lower back ache.I used some
pain relieving cream and I was fine in a weeks time.I was very happy and everything was normal.However In May'2010, I started feeling pain on the inner side of my thighs, just opposite to the knees.
Then again feeling burning sensations in my feet started, calf muscles getting cramped.It was not as severe as I had before but still it was there.
I went to doctor again.Series of Blood tests including sodium and potassion.It came out to be normal.Then he did
ultrasound of my legs to find if there was any clot.It was normal.Then Ultrasound of my thyroid, he fould it was a little bit inflammed and my ESR level was just a bit more than normal it was 20.Although my Thyroid blood tests were normal.
He gave me some steroids again for a week.After 1 week my ESR was normal, But I still had burning feet, fatigue and lack of energy.
Some days were bit better, some were bad.I started taking Pregablin again.I still got some days with burning sensation in my feet.
Visited one more neurologist, he told me that may be my weight ( 67 kgs , height 162 cms ) is a bit more to be supported by my legs.
He told me to continue taking pregablin along with Vitamin-E. I did that for 2 months and stopped taking pregablin.
Only sometimes I used to get burning sensation in my feet.In November 2010, I decided to start going to gym again , to keep a check on my weight.
May be I am 70 now. I am eating i should say very healthy diet. Good breakfast ( cereals, milk, egg , juice ), lunch and early dinner.
I started doing work out 20-30mins a day. 2-3 days was ok. On the fourth day , I started feeling fatigued.And I started feeling burning near my genital area and was feeling over acidity in my stomach.a bit burning sensation below my abdomen.
I found I was developing sores near my genital area. I stopped doing work out. Didnt take oral aclyvoir this time.
I used Aclyvoir gel for 2 days. Sores got healed, but then I got sores again in the nearby area and after healing got them again.
It lasted for 2 weeks when I started applying Ice on them , it healed.But I started feeling more fatigued, less energy and burning in my feet.
Sometimes burning sensation in my legs too. At night before getting to bed ,i can feel my feet and legs are bit hot too.but if i touch my feet , its not as hot as i m feeling.
I have started taking pregablin again one a day at night. I got a little bit of lower back ache again.Applied pain healing cream. feels better.
I dont have fever, no diarrhoea or headache. In fact I dont remember last time when I got fever.My main problem is fatigue, leg cramps and feet burning.Sometimes i can feel some water is running through inside my legs, but its just a feeling no pain.
And my feet are having tingling feelings.While laying on bed I can sometimes feel twitching of nerves like a heart beat in both legs.
I can walk normally but if I stand for a minute or two, my feet start burning.And while sitting feeling of warm shots keep on flickering from one feet to another. And a mild feeling of tincling in my feet.And If i walk very long 1-2 kms, my legs get cramped.
I was quite a healthy person, I dont know what happened to me suddenly.I sleep for 7-8 hours, but still dont feel very refreshed.
I have done most of the tests :
Series of Blood tests , MRI , X-ray , Untrasound,Nerve Conduction test and even HIV
All were negative.
About my sores I am not sure if it is herpes but its not so severe and I dont know if it has any relation with my problem, as my problem started
much before i got sores.
I dont understand by maintaining good life and healthy life style , how could i be so fatigued.
Is it Fibromyalgia
or MS
or RLS
or herpes
I am so scared and terrified. I was quite young and healthy for this problem. Its affecting my life a lot.
Please help me to have find a right diagnose or a direction and any suggestion for treatment.
May God bless you all !!!
WOW! I finally read through all the posts. I think that there may more than one reason for everyone's problems although it is reasonable to suspect nerve as it is the nerves that transmit sensation (pain, touch temperature). The exact nerve in question is different depending on where you experience your warm sensation. Someone with Meralgia Paresthetica would experience pain numbness or maybe warmth on the outside of their upper leg. The sciatic nerve will give people sensation down the back of their buttock to as far as the foot. More specifically a peroneal nerve issue as one person mentioned might give sensation issues in the lower part of the leg. Compression of a nerve at any location from muscle, bone, external trauma, tumor (don't panic) etc can lead to weird sensation (paresthesia).
However, I did notice from the beginning of the threads another thing in common ie B12. As many of you have probably looked up a vit B12 deficiency can cause distal nerve issues. Many people here (especially at the beginning of the threads) reported taking proton pump inhibitors which can cause vit B12 deficiency especially if taken for longer durations. Other people wrote that they have diabetes and at least one mentioned taking the common medication Metformin which can also lead to vit b12 def. There are a number of other things that can lead to a b12 def including diet, GI issues etc etc.

I am a 68 year old male, in pretty good shape, 5'-11" and weigh around 144 lbs. I am an active cyclist going on 15 to 30 mile rides, 3 to 4 days a week. I have in the past experienced the warm sensation on the outside of my lower left leg, which puzzled me but not sufficiently bothersome to seek medical advice. I am experiencing the sensation again right now and was amazed to find how many of you have had similar symptoms!! One connection I have made is fatique and stress, or maybe I should say, stress and fatique. I also have mitral valve prolapse, with mild chest pain at times, which also becomes more noticable when I experience stress and fatique, so I wondered if there is any connection between the two?
I have a healthy diet, only 1 cup of coffee in the morning (which I am going to try and quit) and I intend to try the B12 tablets dissolved under the tongue. Good to know there are a number of folk who experience this sensation and also that it is generally not a serious problem!!

I'm 59. good health. live with a lot of stress. Right Leg - mid way between the knee and ankle - intermittent warm spot about 3 inches in diameter - heats up from the inside out lasts a few seconds then disappears and happens again. Nothing similar that triggers it . Just happens. no pain at all just a glowing warmth and I have no idea why.
I am a 72 year female.
I too have the feeling as if I am standing in water and the warmness. I also suffer from restless leg syndrome.

Rosalind230
Hmm, same feeling in the left leg, as something is moving for a sec.
Can be after standing up from the car, or just sitting in front of the PC.

No pain, just a strange feeling. At first by searching for "strange feeling in left lower leg" I thought that I will not find anything, then I found this page.

Maybe is soleus veins, or saphenous vein, anyway, I always have a feeling that is a vein.

39 male, quit smoking 4 weeks ago. Sit all day with PC or drive a jeep. Working stress job as real estate agent. Feeling okay, no health problem, eating super great food.

Well, I can see that there are 500 persons with same sensation, and nothing is happening.

Merry Christmas 2010 from Punta Cana.
Male 45 not significantly overweight. Noticed a warm spot in my left leg slightly below knee, at the back of my leg, a couple of weeks ago which now seems to be spreading. I hadn't given it any thought until just, but I did go sledging a couple of weeks ago with my nieces on my 45th birthday and took a bit of a tumble. Felt a crack in the base of my spine and felt mild pain for a few days. I guess I must have aggregated a forgotten back injury.  I hadn't associated the two but the trapped nerve theory seems to fit. Now I think about it, I don't think I had the sensation before the tumble. No diabetes but do take SSRI's
For those trying to identify common denominators among those of us with this issue, here's my story and stats:  I have been experiencing the warm sensation in my left upper leg, usually when sitting down, particularly when driving.  It feels like the seat warmer is on (only on one side)  or as many have said, I peed myself.  This started as the sensation similar to a cell phone vibrating in my front pocket.  
Only thing health-wise that I can identify that could remotely be related are two things:
1) I stopped taking Lipitor (for high cholesterol) about three weeks before these symptoms started.     Interesting since someone posted they thought there may be a connection between this and cholestrol
2) I had a fracture in my knee almost five years ago (same leg)
3) hurt my foot or ankle with a bad sprain, tendonitis, or something similar about 2 months ago, and it has not gotten any better.  did get it x-rayed and it's not broken.

Here are my stats:
Sex: M
Age: 52
Height: 5Ft 9In
Job: office job, sit around mostly, but not entirely.  Commuting less than 10 minutes each way, but frequently need to drive for up to 2 hours at a time.
Health Background:.   Generally good
Medication:  Was taking Lipitor
Blood pressure: good, occasionally slightly high
Weight: not overweight
Symptom Location(s):  left leg - thigh
Length of time with symptom:  about three weeks
Frequency of Symptom: several times per day.
Allergies: None
Drugs: none, except for the lipitor
Vaccinations:   none  recently
Activity Level: Moderate    Walk when I can and occasionally bicycle.
Stress Level: Moderate   (I have teenagers, what can I say?)
History: nothing significant that I can figure out

Good luck to all!!!
wow!!!
How crazy is this. I have recently started to feel the warming sensation in my uper left leg and buttocks. Just about where the two meet. It started about 3 weeks ago around mid december  so i thought i would see if there was any information on the net. What a shocker when i saw all the peeps with similar experiances. Feels like someone touching me with a warm  hand. Is in the same place for me when it happens. As a matter of fact its happening right now. It can happen any time standing or sitting doesnt seem to matter. Seems to be a mystery. Havent changed any of my daily routines or anything like that including meds or vitamins or diet. It just started for no reason and is off and on. I am 58 and healthy or so i think. I do take lipitor and have for a few years as well as a blood pressure med and my checkups have been great. maybe its somthing new in the food we eat ...some new growth hormones or some crazy thing like that. will be watching to see if anyone comes up with a sound explination.
Well hope everyone is staying safe as winter seems to be everywhere it isn't supose to be.
I am 16 years old. I was sitting at school today and my leg started having the same burning feeling as most people have said. Its in my lower left leg (but not my ankle). There is no redness or swelling just a very warm feeling. I have red somethings about it being a blood clot and i am quiet worried.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
I've had the same feeling as most of you describe. I actually thought my infant daughter had leaked through her diaper bc the first time I felt it I was carrying her. It's a warm wet feeling on the outer part of my left calf. Very strange. A lot of people describe the same sensation but no diagnosis yet. Can anyone shed some light on this? I'll be asking my dr and if she knows what this is, I'll post it.
Recently I've been having mild pain in my lower legs which is becoming more frequent.  I would describe it as "fullness" in my legs, maybe a little tingling, and now I'm also experiencing the warm sensation on my left outer calf.

I have some varicose veins that bother me occasionally, but they're at a different spot so I don't think it's related.  I sit all day, and I often tuck my legs under me or sit cross-legged.  If I'm wearing jeans, they bunch up behind the knee which puts extra pressure on that area.  I was scared that it's a blood clot, but after reading these comments now I'm wondering if I damaged a nerve.  I also experienced a little tingling in my right hand the other day.

It's very strange, and I'm relieved to know I'm not alone.  I'm a 27 yr old female, 125 lbs, healthy, but I don't get much exercise.
I'm a female, 17 years old. For the past week I've experienced a warm sensation in the inner portion of my upper right thigh. I don't know how else to explain it. My skin is not discolored and it's not warm to the touch because I frequently expect and check to see if it is. I'm on no medication at all and have no health problems. I just began working out this week again but hadn't for a couple months, with yoga classes and elliptical, nothing too dramatic. Maybe It's possible that exercise is a cause. I also am a highschool student whom sits at a desk for multiple hours of the day, about 7.
I had a warm sensation in my left calf around every 2 hours during the day. It started to get higher near my upper hamstring area. Started to really worry me. Okay... Went to the doctor. He said i had a slipped disc. He put me on a 6 day steriod pack with muscle relaxers. worked great! Sensation is gone, and feelin back to normal....
I had the same sensation... I am an EMT and sit in the ambulance for long hours... so I went to an Upper Cervical Chiropractor and after my first adjustment the sensation went away... in fact, all my diseases disappeared! Don't believe me? Try it yourself!!

uppercervical.org

You have stress of some sort wich is causing the waterheatasthoma, if you don't like the feeling you can take a daily vitamin supplement and it will subside in about two days!! Git -r-done
I cant believe it, I am in shock I had absolutely no idea so many people where discussing this. I need to sit down - but maybe reading alot of comments that is the problem.
To describe mine I actutally thought I was going a bit crazy or I had a ghost in the house, because what is happening to me is, is like a warm breeze or hand on my lower left a calf. And it only happen occasionally I thought I had a draft in my house by it just happened outside.

I have just started taking dance classes again after years of being inactive, I am 44 and I spend ALOT of time either in front of my computer or with it on my lap.
So maybe the answer is somewhere in there.

It just happened again - when I stretched my leg out.

I must admit I was thinking stroke not blood clot, so glad to hear I am neither crazy nor hopefully really sick.

Shame wonderfull insights like this cant be used to do research into modern life and potential illnesses.
wow, this is another thread about heat sensation in the leg area.  funny how no doctor has replied to any of the symptoms.  seems like we all have the same problem but noone can give any answers to it.  is this like a new type of disease or something?  im 37 male smoker drinker somewhat active in sports not over weight or has diebetic (diabetic) or anything.  what is going on here that no one is able to give any answers or advise.  I WANT SOME ANSERS DAMNIT. LOL
Well I read dozens of posts, but could not read all 590 to figure out the answer. As a doctor, I wanted to see what others said.
I really think my warm sensations are due to pooling of blood in the veins in my leg, when I sit down. Maybe is is because I have started PPI (acid reflux meds), a zillion vitamins, thyroid meds and anti-inflamatories. I don't think these have any thing to do with the warm sensations.  No back or nerve issues. Good circulation.
Anyway, I think it is related to blood flow. Maybe all the P90X I am doing.
Well, I too have a warm sensation on my left inner knee.  I first noticed it when I was doing dishes and though I had spilt water down my leg.  However, that was not the case and I am getting the feeling more often over the last couple weeks.  I am 33 years old and healthy.  Being in the medical field I immediately though blood clot as well.  I don't have much faith in doctors.  Especially, for something like this.  I am very curious to see if anyone is diagnosed.  
I was so happy when I found this posting a few weeks ago with so many other people that were experiencing the same sensation - like many mentioned, it made me feel less crazy!  I am a 28 yo female in fairly good health and thin, but I definitely sit most of my day.  9 hours in front of my desk, 2 hours in the car and then usually sitting for most of the night.  After I read through some of the posts I started to make a conscious effort to get up once an hour from my desk to walk around the office, walk around in the evenings, AND start taking a woman specific multi-vitamin.  I haven't had the sensation return to my lower legs since.  I can't say this will help everyone, but for me I noticed a difference within a week.
WOW, I can't believe so many others have the exact same symptom and no definitive answer has been uncovered.  I'm hesitant to think its nerve or B vit deficiency (for me) and here's why:

My symptom is identical to so many: warm sensation on outer left calf  2/3 down from knee, about the size of my palm.  I do not experience the "wet" sensation, more like being warmed from the sun, yet not hot to touch like I expect it to be.  has been occurring for a week+, while standing or sitting

38 yr old, nonsmoking, occ social drinker, ~15lbs overweight
good health/bloodpressure/cholesterol, no other medical issues.
SAHM, so no job/desk to sit at, climb stairs 30 times a day, sit on couch a few hours a night
Low activity level currently, but avid rollerblader up until a few months ago
No meds, just prenatal vitamins (which includes 800, 750 & 600% of RDA of B6, 12 and 5)
Also 2400 mg Omega 3,6,9
I do not believe it is my back, no injuries to spine, however I have been seeing a Chiropractor twice weekly for the last 8 months, so it should not be a pinched nerve.
I have little if any stress and eat a good deal of fresh foods, though have a big sweet tooth.
Do have trouble falling asleep before 2 am, but that has been the last 25 yrs of my life.

If not the B's or pinched nerve... then what??!?
32 m here. Just found this thread and this just started today. I was in the store and I had to stand there for a minute. My foot got really sweaty during this sensation on my left leg.  
I'm 36, female, and it's been a few days now that I've experienced a "warm water" sensation starting from my right ankle down to the foot.  It passes within seconds and when I first experienced it, I thought I wet myself! It was truly weird.  I'd like to rationalize it by thinking that it's because I've been wearing tight, heavy sweat socks (that leave marks on calves) for the crazy, cold, winter we've been having in the northeast.  I'm guessing poor circulation?  I'll have to get back to you in the summer, when I return to wearing flip-flops.  
Btw, I'm on my feet all day at work, haven't exercised in months due to lower back pain, had mris to reveal ruptured discs and tried phys, therapy that hasn't resolved issue.  Is this all connected to right foot weirdness?  I don't know.  I'm sticking to my tight sweat socks theory.
I'm 44 Male and have been having the hot flash sensations between the knee and foot for the past 3-4 weeks. At the same time I've also started to feel cold all the time, which is very unlike me!

Like others, I find it extremely odd to find so many others with this exact same problem around the same time. What is going on? Is there an epidemic that we're not being told about? Where do we go from here? Maybe we need to start a support group to better voice our concerns and to get to the bottom of this. Any journalist in the list that can follow this up?

Maybe it would help to put this in context by knowing where each person lives. I live in the Great Toronto area, in Canada.

Like others, I find it extemley odd to find so many others with this exact same problem. What is going on. Is there an epidemy that we're not being told about? Where do we go from here? Maybe we need to start a support group to better voice our concirns.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Had this hot sensation for many years now. Sometimes on my left or right leg where the back of my leg is behind my knee. First time it happen I was sitting in church and began feeling  my leg burning and began to cry that we had to leave church. It would be worst when i was lil and I was about 7 years old and up till now...i'm 21 now. It happens  anytime (out of the bloom). When this happens, I can't stay still or otherwise, the pain of heatness gets worst...It even makes me shed tears pasting back and forth in the room. I noticed that it hurst less by walking Or taking off my shoes, socks, pants. I have to lay my leg on the floor since the floor is cold....
or dipping them in cold water...basically anything that's cold relieves my burning sensation in my leg. Also I noticed as i'm getting older it don't really happen as often as when I was much younger. So far reading some of people post, I still can't find somebody I can relate too since mostly all of you barely got this feeling when I on the other hand, had it for many years now....

Also, between the years, I would wake up from  Leg and foot Cramps.
It would wake me up to the point where i'm crying hard and would see my toes stiff pointin forward and backward and it be hard to move them.......It caused my toes joints now to be croaked and gap that i'm embarrased to wear sandles. As years going by, they're just getting worst and worst.

I don't truly know why I sometimes get burning sensation on one leg that may be my right or left leg or sometimes both at the same time. AND I don't know why I get the cramping that wakes me up at nights sometimes.

This is why I haven't found anybody I can relate to since this is strange of what I have......Maybe it can be that I have something wrong with my leg and foot nevers and poor circulation through my legs and brain for the fact that I sometimes get head rushes that causes me to get light head and if I get up so fast (even slow) it makes me see blackess with little black dots for couple seconds and sometimes it makes me faint that I hit the floor hard..........Help anyone? Thanks.

Viewing 401-600 comments: