periodic warm sensation in lower left leg
For the past 2 days I have a very slight heat sensation in my lower left leg (no other problems). Is this some thing I should be concerned about now, or wait for my drs. appt in a few weeks?
Count me in. I just started experiencing this hot spot on my outer thigh. Really weird feeling. I'm 48, female, good health. Glad I found there are other people with the same problem.
Dr looked in my eyes looking for any MS signs,could not see any problems. Was more worried about my anxiety about it. Has referred me for a nerve test. That would not necsassarily show MS , but after would refer to neurologist to put my mind at ease as getting very emotional about it. Test and results may take a few weeks, will let you guys know how i get on. Heat sensation is very random over my body, tingling, eye pain,shooting pains,ultra sensitivty on thighs from time to time. I hope this info is useful to some of you. Lets try not to worry too much over this until we have all got it checked out with our doctors.
Up to this point, the sensation has only been on the inner right thigh...occasionally, slightly lower around the inside of the knee and slightly below it.
What really scares me is the fact that I cannot financially afford to go get it checked out.
As I told a friend, I'll probably have to wait until it becomes an emergency and head for the emergency room.  He said if it's a clot and it becomes an "emergency", it might be too late to head to the hospital.  He makes a good point, but I have no alternatives, as I said, having no insurance and not qualifying for "free" health care.
So far...in the last 24 hours the sensation has abated somewhat.  The sensation is not as often nor as warm as it was previously.
Hoping someone can help those of us suffering this malady with some comprehensive information.
Hello everyone,

I have this same issue.  I know this under "Mens Health issues" but I am a 35 yr old female and have been having extreme heat sensations in my left wrist for about six months. I can go a week at a time without this sensation, and then out of nowhere it just is there.  I am a non smoker.  I have been undergoing several MRI tests in the past six months.  

I saw a pain specialist yesterday - I have a large lesion in my left hip - he would not address the left wrist issue.  It is not painful but it is an odd uncomfortable feeling.  I don't think my doctor believed me.
I have experienced the same sensations in my left leg which I think points to something significant.. which pocket do you keep your wallet in? I keep mine in my left pocket so it could be related to posture or pressure on your sciatic nerve expecially if you have a large wallet and it makes you sit in an odd manner.

Do some research on Sciatica.

Oh yeah, I'm not a physician.
Okay. Me too. I have had the warm sensation in the back/side of my upper right thigh for about 5 days now. It lasts for about 3/4 sec's then goes away. The first day it happened twice and now it happens frequently throughout the day (8-12 times). I do have health insurance and plan to make an appointment tomorrow. I will let you know the outcome of my visit.
hello again,
my heat sensation started in my right foot, (i am a 36 year old female ) it now appears in various parts of my body, no rhyme or reason to it. seems to get warmer all the time.  i am into holistic therapies, so today bought some appropriate crystals that assist the nervous system, green tree agate, jade and amber, to be honest will try anything to be pro active with my own health,  also white chestnut flower remedies which helps calm a worried mind. best of luck to us all trying to find out what this is all about.
I have taken the NEUROBION for 1 week. So far, the heat sensation has not returned.

BTW, what is MS?
MS is multiple sclerosis. i mentioned to my dr about vit b deficiency , being a veggie, and after reading your comment about neurobin but she didnt think that would be the case, did not offer blood test, just referred me for nerve test.Glad to hear that your neurobin is working tho.
Here's an update on my experience:
I went to a doctor who is a friend of mine after I had told him about the wet, warm senstations.
After a cursory exam, he asked me if I took any chlorestral medicine, I told him I take Pravachol, but only when I can afford it...and I buy it in Mexico.  I told him I take it every other day to "stretch it out".  He asked when the sensations started...and coincidently enough, they started about the same time I started taking the Pravachol again.  He told me that sometimes the sensations I described can be a side effect of the chlorestral medicine.  He changed me to Vytorin and told me let him know if it continued.
BTW...the sensations all but stopped over the last 3-4 days...again...coincidently..after I ran out of Pravachol.  
I did have a couple of very brief "flash" sensations that didn't last but a "micosecond" or so.  But for the most part, the sensations have disappeared .
I hope this helps someone else out there.
its looking like that are various reasons for this wet warm sensation, as i dont take any medication and  in general a healthy person, dont drink or smoke, practice yoga etc. Guess i will have to wait for my nerve test to get any further with mine. Gad things are looking better for you.
Hey guys and girls  ...yes this a weird feeling isnt it ...mine normally comes from the back of my right calf and it has been annoying me a great deal for about 3 months ...please post some of the doctors results...another sympton of this to wach out for is when u get that warm wet feeling that you dont just begin to ignore it
The other day i had a warm wet feeling and i just said oh no not again only to find later that i had peed myself .....
Likewise, I have had this warm sensation - mainly on the left side of the body (primarily leg)  that started 4-5 weeks after having pain on left side of head.  I've had MRI and CT but both negative.  Three neurologist told me "nothing at this point to worry about - most likely anxiety".  I'm now on Fluxotene and Ativan but still have the sensations and periodic left side headaches.  No vertigo, nausea, unbalance, etc.  Only these two symptoms - warm sensations and left, temple area" headache.  I'm at a loss of what to do next...neurologists all told me not to worry about it and it may go away.  Since I don't have other symptoms (and MRI and CT) are normal, they don't believe it is something more serious.  Has anyone had multile MRIs or CTs?  Other tests?  Has anyone had luck with a diagnosis that seems to make sense?  Has anyone's symptoms gone away by them selves after whatever time period?  (month?, year?).  I'm learning to accept it but I sure think there must be a cause other than anxiety....
OK, that's really weird.
I've been experiencng the same sensation around my left ankle only.

I've had no injury to it and take only one medication: Tramadol/Ultram (which I have taken for years).

The burning sensation comes on suddenly and only lasts about 2 seconds, then it's gone.

Just to see if those experiencing this "condition" share any similar traits, I'm:

41 Years old
good health
170 pounds
only medication = Tramadol
experience headaches periodically (stress induced mainly)
prone to Kidney infections (once every 3 or 4 years)

Any thoughts?
Just some data on myself...

I'm 41 years old
non-smoker
No history of migranes
Current headaches (again, docs say stress induced but I have mine 80-90% of time).

Has anyone had success with a Home treatment? (heat? ice?other)?
I have been haveing this warm sinsation in my right legg
and i have been to a doctor, i have 2 bulging disk`s
in my back and this makes my sciatic nerve swell becouse the disk rubs on it or pinch it, i also get pain at times
some times i am in such pain i have a hard time getting
out of bed and putting my socks on, at that point i
need to go to my doctor 4-6 times and i can not work
for a week. my doctor told me to take Advil becouse
it is a antiinflamitory. I have been installing carpet
for 25 years.. sorry for the bad spelling
Last night (02/24/07) as I drove a few hours up the California coast, a warm sensation began on the outside of my right calf. Still today, it comes and goes. It feels very much like a heater vent near my leg, or a puppy wizzing. Each time I check, the skin temperature is the same on both legs.

I too am online searching for what condition to attach to this symptom/sensation. I cannot help but chime in here with all your comments.

My profile is that I am a slender, 52 year old female. I jog a couple of miles most days. And on days I can't get out, I try to do strength training in the gym. I do have a desk job and I sit on my rear-end way too many hours. But I don't have any special back problems. I do have some bursitis in my knee (like I said I am 52).
I have the same thing going on in my calf.  Was once a day last week & now it is very often.  SO grateful for Google!  Sound like the one fella found the solution in Neurobion which is a vitamin B6, 1, & 12 mixture.  It must be a vitamin or mineral dificency- that makes sense. I had burning before in my knee & it was actually painful- glucosamine took care of that so I am going to try B vitamins.  Of course most Dr.'s won't know what this is b/c they are trained to treat disease; probably more of a naturopathic thing.  
AH HAH!  I just realized it MUST be vitamin B- this past month has been one of the most stressful I've ever experience & vitamin B is what helps you deal with stress- so as I have been under a lot of stress I'm sure my body has used all the vitamin B I had in it & needs more & the burning calf is it's way of letting me know.
The body is a cool thing indeed!  Hope this is helpful!
Has anyone experienced periodic headaches with the warm leg sensations?  My symtoms seem to migrate and alternate - a few days of warm sensations in legs and then a few days of left side headache.  Very weird.  My neuro doesn't have a clue (said its likely stress).  I'm on antidepressent but doesn't seem to help anything.  
Has anyone had succeses with a holistic doctor practice?  Any success with vitamins (B?).  If so, any details would be much appreciated!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.