post hernia sergery pain!
Hey my name is Paul and I am an active 25 year old male. Almost 2 years ago I had surgery (mesh repair) for hernias on both sides of my lower abdomen (awsome). Since then the pain never really went away on the right side. It seems like was a little better than before surgery, but now feels like the pain is getting worse, and it really hurts... like an 8 at times. I had it checked out 3 times since the surgery and they said there was no "recurrent hernia". I read about nerve entrapment/damage and that kind of thing - this could be likely. but one doctor said just deal with the pain, its not worth going in to surgery again for nerve stuff. I just dont want to spend any more of my 20s in pain if there is a solution! please help!
There's no reason you should have to deal with the pain. That's not normal. You need to find out if the pain is indeed caused by nerve entrapment. If it is, it needs to be fixed to get you out of this pain. You may have to see more Drs to find one that will listen to you and treat you. I really am sorry to hear the one Dr told you to just deal with it. That's terrible.  Remar
Yea that is true. I really need to get this dealt with. the thing is also, I am terrible about telling the doctors the severity of my pain - i tend to underplay it for some reason. But this has been almost two years now and i really think the pain is getting worse. now its starting to feel like before the surgery!And I noticed a kind of a hardened lump where the pain is that is protruding more now. but 3 doctors told me there was no recurrent hernia. things that make you say hmmm
You have to tell your Dr how bad the pain gets. Did any of them feel the lump? I'm wondering if it's scar tissue. Was the mesh made of metal?  Remar
I'm pretty sure the mesh was not made of metal. They all felt the lump and assumed it was scar tissue. It feels like it might be tendon related? It is sort of hard to pinpoint exactly where the pain is but it's pretty debilitating sometimes. I just need to go see an expert is what it comes down to. Just put a scalpel in their hands, and say cut me please.
They need to do something for you. I would ask if they can remove the scar tissue. Maybe it does have your intestine and tendons attached.  Remar
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle