Men's Health Community
prostate pain after sex

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

prostate pain after sex

I had a very bad infection 7 years ago that was diagnosed as prostatitis to a UTI to Epeditimitus.  At the time I was given large amounts of antibiotics and anti-inflamitories.  The uroligist said the infection had subsided.  At that time and ever since I have had what I believe to be an irritated prostate.  The lymph nodes around the groin area always feel swollen and sore,  I have constant pain around the groin area , hips, lower back and testicles.  It is worse after sex but is constant even when not having sex.  I gave up sex for 7 months hoping it would help but the pain continued.  Warm baths do help but only for an hour or so.  I have seen uroligists, general doctors, and hernia doctors and had multiple blood tests, xrays, and mri's but they never found a cause.  I'm hoping someone could help on a possible solution or at least something to help ease the discomfort.  It hurts a lot whan standing or sitting for a while.   I have tried many prescription (anti-inflamitories) and non-prescription (quercitin, acsorbic acid, curamin, urinary supprt)  medications but they offer only limited help.  The one thing that helps is taking levitra or cialis.  I also had ed after the initial infection and found they help with the discomfort.  The urologists don't know why.  I don't take it for help with the ed as sex would be too painful.  Thanks for the help.  
Beargizmo commented on Beargizmo's status
kane3 NHL Playoffs! Comment
Apr 16
Beargizmo back to Medhelp for good th... Comment
Apr 16
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle