Men's Health Community
puberty??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

puberty??

im 14 and my voice isnt low pitch like every one at my school,i geuss i havy issues,becuse all the teens in my grade lvl only talk about sex,and for some reason im not like that,i fell aqward every time some one brings it up,like the other day in p.e. class some one got a home run in kickball and one of the guys said "i just jizzed in my pants" and then whent to the bathroom.... (just proves he wasent kidding),back to the whole puberty broblem thoe,i have pubic hair,i dont have a "happy trail",it takes me a long tme to start a mustach,but for some reason my voice never matured evry1 my age has deepp voices but i have a hi piched voice,whats wrong with me?
Hey, There's nothing wrong with you. Every single man and woman develops different, some faster and some slower than others. You are one of the people that is taking a bit longer to catch up which is completly normal. Remember, he average man doesnt stop puberty until he's at least 21 so youhave a ways to go since you're only 14. Dont stress my little friend and remember, sex isnt everything. There is more to life than sex and your time will come when you're mature and ready for it. I hope this helps and I also advise you to do some research online to learn more about your body and how it grows and developes.

Best of luck,
Irenia
While it certainly may be frustrating and scarey for you, Irenia is correct..you could just be entering puberty later than many young men...

As far as sex is concerned...first, you'll find that many of these guys are just spouting off (pardon the pun) and haven't had sex at all..there is no hurry to have sex..14 is far too young to understand all of the complexities and emotions that sex can bring to a relationship, and you'd be better off spending time with a girl just enjoying each other...movies, concerts, etc..Irenia has it right..there is more to life than sex..I did not have my first actual sexual experience until I was 22..and I survived those years just fine, thank you...don't be in a rush...

If you're really concerned about the puberty issue, see your doctor and talk to him/her about it..I'm sure they will have plenty of things to tell you and if there is a concern I belive there are medications that can help get things going..

Good luck

Jim