Men's Health Community
puberty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

puberty

hello everyone im 16 years old and i think i have a problem with my sexual development. i hit puberty when i was 14. i grew some pubic hair at first which took probably a year just for that and then my voice got deep and i also got a few inches taller and gained some weight. i noticed a slight increase in my penis size but not much. my penis fully erect is only 4.5 inches. im 16 and still have no armpit hair no hair on my legs no facial hair and my penis and testicles are not fully grown. what is wrong with me. its pretty depressing that im 16 years old and im still not done with puberty.

its really tough because all my friends at school were done with puberty when they were 14. im 16 and im still going at it. i feel like i dont fit in. im also very embarrased to take off my shirt because i have no armpit hair and the rest of the guys hair armpit hair. a couple kids made fun of me cause i dont have armpit hair. whats it gonna take for me to finish puberty already. ontop of all that **** that im going through i cant date any girls because im not through puberty. theres no way im gonna have sex with a girl with a 4.5 penis.

i know that all you people are gonna say that size doesnt matter or wait till you get older to have sex but the bottom line is is that everyone at 16 years old is having sex. and one more thing all the girls at school wanna go out with me. not trying to brag or anything but im a goodlooking guy and have alot of girls that wanna date me. and i cant date them cause im not through puberty. i need some kind of cure this puberty thing is ruining my life. everyone else i know went through puberty like no big deal it just happened for them like really fast and im on the sidelines struggling to get through it. doesnt seem fair.
get a visit with a pediatric endocrinologist and they can run tests to make sure you will complete it naturally, or even give you a boost if you need it.
dude, 16? puberty is a long on going process, and I almost guarantee you that most of your friends are not finished with it either, some get it faster than others. it just sounds like you're taking a bit longer.  don't be too concerned, I am 22 and while i think I am pretty much done with it, I still notice my facial hair thickening. I really don't think I was most of the way done till i hit 20. theres a pick of me with my water polo team when i was 17, no chest hair whatsoever, and now I have tons. Hope is not lost.  but I do agree with donb, just get checked out with a physician to be sure. and good luck