Men's Health Community
pulse in stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

pulse in stomach

i have a strong pulse in my stomach under and around my belly button... I have noticed that my stomach beats along with my heart and it has been this way since i was probably 8 or 10. i am 25 now. i have had abdominal x-rays about a year ago for other reasons (general physical) as well as a cat scan of the area within the last 2 years to look at my appendix area where they said there was some swelling. but that was because of my appendix or intestines i think... i want to know if i have to worry about an abdominal aortic aneurysm... please help me out as this is causing me an enourmous amount of anxiety... thank you. by the way i have been known to drink large amounts of alcohol in the past as well as i have done some steroids and other drugs in the past.... this is the main reason for my concern.
hi i am 30 and have the same thing, was told its normal just some have more visual, your artery aorta is close to the skin, if it were an anerysum it would be a bulge and a pulsing. i did an ultra a few years back and was normal.i still at times worry also about it, anixety suck sometime.,
hang in there
thanks for your comment.... i still am worried though... anybody else have any personal experience in this matter?
I've noticed a similar throbbing in my stomach, but its slightly above the belly button, and has been occuring for quite a few months. But it's painless and only noticible when I sit down and lean back, so it really didn't bother me.