Men's Health Community
red bump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

red bump

Hey i have had a flesh colored bump on the lower part of my penis shaft and it looked like one of those hair lumpes that are found on the penis pubic area well this one was a little bigger but not much then the other ones and it didnt have a hair comming out of  it, but it was hard and painless, so i decided to pop the little flesh colored lump and a white solid peice came out of it, after two days i noticed that got bigger and turned into a red lump like it was infected or irritated, but it was also still painless i noticed it in the shower. so can any one explain what it could be i have had the lump for a long time before i poped it because it looked like the regular lumps that have the hair comming out of them and it never got bigger or changed untill i decided to pop it could any one help  me out thanks.
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The symptoms are suggestive of sebaceous cysts. It is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.