Men's Health Community
stuck foreskin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

stuck foreskin

Today I was having sex,and as usual my foreskin slide behind the penis glans (glands).After I had real problems pulling the foreskin back over the head.

I have never had any problems with a tight foreskin,its slides back without any problems.

Today I did use a condom with extra lube,this made pulling the foreskin more difficult.

Any advice please.

If the foreskin does not slide back, to its original position over the glans (glands), you may develop a condition called para-phimosis.

Para-phimosis is regarded as a medical emergency and is usually corrected through circumcision.

If I were you, I'd use less lube, as although it can make the gliding action of the foreskin, much easier; the irony is that too much lube can also cause problems with gripping your foreskin to pull it back over the glans (glands).

I had come down with my first case of para-phimosis a year and a half ago. The first thing that our female doctor suggested was circumcision. I would not opt for this as I thought that it was due to having a catheter in, in my case.
I was given a steroid cream and after about five days things started to improve. It took several months before I was completely comfortable again. Even with the catheter in I have not had a reocurrance and my foreskin moves freely.

Itis possible that the condom could have irritated the foreskin causing it to get stuck behind the corona of the glans (glands). When this happened to me I took a cold bath and had my wife help me by forcing the glans (glands) back into the foreskin. As painful as it can be, you must return the foreskin as soon as possible, otherwise more swelling may occur. You can do this by holding the penis and pushing the glans (glands) into the shaft of the penis while holding on to the side of the foreskin. Any form of lubrication will make this process more difficult. it is also much easier to return the foreskin to the natural position when the penis is flacid. In my case I had my wife help since I have a catheter in.

The cause at times is unknown and just because you had it once does not mean that it will happen again. Pay close attention as to how easy the foreskin moves when your penis is erect. Try this without a condom to get a feeling of how tight the foreskin is under normal conditions. I also inserted my index fingers inside the foreskin and slowly pulled them apart to slowly stretch the foreskin. It is vey important to stretch the skin slowly in order not to cause small cracks in the foreskin as this would cause scar tissue.

I myself will try anything first before I would ever resort to circumcision. Even being circumcised does not allways mean that any disorders of the penis are eliminated.

All the best.

Ron