Men's Health Community
testosterone patch vs androgel pump androderm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

testosterone patch vs androgel pump androderm

Im not really sure if this is the right place to post this.  I am a 43 year old guy, ive got hypothyroidism.  My testosterone level free is around 215-250 (range 400-800).  I tried the androgel pump, but that stuff is a pain in the butt.  You have to rub it all over, im afraid to be around my kids.  It also gave me this weird flulike feeling all the time.  Didnt do much for my libido, made my testicles ache like mad.  Add the aching on top of my thyroid discomfort and it didnt make for a happy life.

I am now going to try the testosterone patch.  Its 2.5.  I am not a bodybuilder, i work out, but just a normal build, rather slender in fact.  I am not trying to get muscle, i just want to try to gain back some of my energy.

I have read that the patch is better than the pump as the feeling you get it more natural.    Does anyone have any advice for me?

also with my insurance the patch is $40 vs pump was $60 per month.
bruce