tingling sensation in penis
Can anyone share any insight on an intermittent tingling sensation on the top of the penis.  It's beneath the head on top of the shaft and feels like it's actually right underneatht the skin about half inch in length. No particular reason to suspect any STD's - in monogamous situation, had a prostate issue about a year ago but saw urologist and got it cleared up. Maybe a pinched nerve from yanking it too much or too hard ?
Perhaps it is a simple UTI? Are you urinated frequently as well? I would go have a urine test just to be sure. No big deal if it is a UTI.
I just had the issue of intermittent tingling on the left side of my penis occur to me on Friday (10-16-09). I had performed some physical duties around my home such as mowing and light lifting. The tingling sensation occurred around 5:00 PM. This sensation lasted until Sunday. On Sunday I conducted a self examination by following the intermittent tingling to the inside of my left leg. I noticed an area on my inside thigh (near the Adductor Longus) 3 inches from the base of my penis or scrotum area that was sore upon applying pressure. I held two fingers on this area with substantial pressure for 30 seconds and the tingling stopped but returned when I released the pressure. I tried massaging the area with my fingers but the tingling persisted. I then applied an ice pack (that holds ice cubes) and finally the tingling stopped (after 30 minutes). There is a vein call the A.iliaca communis that runs along this area that I believe caused the tingling sensation. There is also an artery called the V.iliaca communis that may also be contributing to the tingling. Later in the evening when I retired to bed I noticed a slight tingling return to the left side of my penis. I have acid reflux and sleep with my head elevated in a 40 degree position. I also have two pillows under my knees to reduce the stress on my lower back. I positioned my body lower on my back support (30 degree angle and lower to the bed) and removed one of the pillows and the tingling stopped. Upon waking there was no tingling sensation at all. I believe that my sleeping position and the physical duress on Friday was the main contributor to my intermittent penis tingling (left side only from the base to the top of the head). I do plan on locating the correct type of physician for an exam relating to nerves and artery trauma. I will contact my insurance company directly instead of going to my PCP whom would only make a referral that may not be the type of specialist I require. I hope this information helps someone else. Good Luck.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle