Men's Health Community
urology problems

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

urology problems

I have a suprapubic catheter,I have had an upper uti for two months now. I have had several problems relating to allergies to penicillian. I have already had two bouts of sepsis in the past. My immune system isn't fantastic. My current symptoms are feeling hot,right groin pain that is also in my back, I also generally feel unwell. I have pain and bleeding when opening the catheter. I have been to see my GP and she said they will send off the third lot of urine to see what they grow in the lab. The only antibiotic I can seem to take is Nitrofurantoin. What can I do because I can not deal with anymore of this pain.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
   Sorry to learn that you are in pain for so long, but unfortunately, you have to go through this process as you are unable to tolerate many medicines. With your doctor's permission you may also try some alternative medicines that may not have these side effects. There are many herbal medicines that are used to treat UTIs and if they do not interfere with the current treatment  you are going through, you could consult a qualified alternative medical practitioner. Cranberry juice for instance is supposed to have good anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties. Similarly, a herb called ' Amrita' is used in Indian system of medicine for treatment of UTI. You can Google and get more details on them. But most of these are having diuretic properties and may load the kidneys if they are inflamed, so always check up with your doctor before using them.
Good luck,
Solace
IGF1 and Muscular Development
1 hr ago by gymdandee
gymdandee commented on Protein Dessert That ...
1 hr ago
VICourageous commented on Protein Dessert That ...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle