Men's Health Community
varicose surgery in scrotum

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

varicose surgery in scrotum

HI, i'm a 51 year old male who had surgery for a varicose vein in my scrotum one moth ago.Had lots of pain in my left testicle before the surgery,now i'm working out feeling better but still feeling a dull ache in my left testicle.Would like feedback from anybody who has had this surgery,and how they have made out after sugery.
how did you know you had vericose vein in your testie?
besides an ache was there any other symptoms?
no just pain in my left testicle,then went to the doctors for tests
I am surprised they operated on your scrotum veins, my scrotum is full of dead veins that feel like a bundle beside my testicles.

Six years ago I got a small Cyst on each Testicle, I had an ultrasound done and later went to a surgeon to be booked in for an operation, at the time I was 58, he told be the cyst was to small to remove and I had a mass of veins that could be taken as well, he then told me that it was best to leave things alone until the cysts grew larger, they never did, he said he did not want to operate and remove the veins because it may cause complications and I could finish up sterile or worse.,
This surgery is very common in men,mostly in the 20 to 35 yr age group,who have it done for fertility reasons.What my problem was,there is a vein that runs from your heart thru your scrotum and it was being blocked in my scrotm causing severe discomfort,all they had to do was switch the veins off.Dr said it was no big deal,i"ve already had a vasectomy,but the Dr never said anything like that to me, but this seems like a very common surgery.I just don"t know anybody my age who has had this done.
My doctor has removed and 'switch-off' the veins from the kidney to the scrotum just two-weeks back. I can feel that the heat from the scrotum is much less, but the volume of veins in the scrotum still remains the same. The key-hole surgery was on removing the veins nearer to the kidney, so I don't expect the veins at scrotum to reduce. Currently, I do feel that the left-testicle is sensitive to touch though.
Can I know what will happens to those veins in the scrotum, now that it does not has blood supplied. Will it deminished in size?
I, too, just had a varicosectomy. Yesterday, in fact. I am 36 years old. I had a varicose vein in my left testicle for about five years. It appeared to be getting worse, i.e. larger and a bit of pain. The pre-surgery fear was not pleasant, nor has the post surgery pain and nausea. I have a 1.5 inch incision on the testicle. I thought the cut would be higher. Currently, I have to wear a support strap with a lot of cotton. The cotton, or gauze, is problematic due to the upward lift it creates in the testicle. Kind of like being kicked there continuously. The nausea was the worst part of day 1, I found myself in the bathroom to vomit twice. Today, which is day 2 has been better. I am able to eat. I am taking a mild dose of Vicoden, which makes me a bit dizzy. There is minor bleeding still from the incision. I will take pictures of my daily recovery, but I don't know where I can post them. The left testicle is already turning purple. As a side note: my wife is a very good looking girl, and last night when I saw her undressing, I realized it will be a while before we can have sex. This realization made me want sex more than normal, and I began to get an erection, which I was happy to see, but also very scared of the consequences it could bring. If anyone has any questions, just ask. There really isn't much info out there about this surgery and recovery.
JohnsonNY69 is ... Comment
zodiacqueen commented on photo
May 23
Piparskeggr commented on Pip sick...
May 23
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle