Men's Health Community
what should be the rate of masturbation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

I want to get some information about the rate of masturbation and to find out what is the safest rate.I masturbate three times a week and two of them is finished by ejaculation.Do you think it should be decreased and it can make my body weak.Also if you have any good advice for nutrition to avoid the harmful effects of high rates of masturbation, I want to know them. (I am 19).
Thanks.
Tags: Health
Only 3 times a week?
Relax - that's less than normal for someone your age.
And why are you not finishing every time?
There is no standard. Some guys masturbate every day..or more.  Some never. At 19 I would say you're very normal if you masturbated between 3-5 times a week.

But what you need to think about is is it affecting your life? Are you doing it when you should be focusing on work, or school?  Are you doing it in place of a healthy relationship?  If you feel guilty about it or ashamed in any way, then you need to think about why your feeling that way.  If you are doing it somewhere other than home (especially in public places), then I would suggest you evaluate your priorities.

It's very common for guys to masturbate for relaxation or to release anxiety. But at 19....any reason is pretty much a good reason.  As long as you're not abusing yourself or others.
Three times a week? Damn, I've got your whole week beat (no pun intended) just today. I'll no doubt have far surpassed your year by the end of the month.

In all seriousness though, I'm curious as to why you masturbate three times a week, but only ejaculate twice. Do you purposely refrain from release that one time? If so, why?

I agree with sunseeker that you should only do it in appropriate places. Don't go playing tug-of-war with your cyclops in church or in the pancake aisle of the grocery store (Aunt Jemima is a real looker, but we all have to refrain).

As has been said here or before, there are no negative effects of masturbation, whether you do it once a month or five times a day (I lean more towards the latter). Masturbation, unless engaged in some very unique and exerting process, should not make you weak. But I can tell you (from personal experience) that masturbation three or four times within a short period of time (an hour or two) could cause some pain in your testicles.

I don't know of any food that might decrease your desire to wax the carrot, but certain foods might (a BIG 'might' here) compel you to do it more, like chocolate, as it's a natural aphrodisiac. So go grab a Hershey bar and shuck your man husk as much as you want.
i was told no more than twice a week..i do thouhgh have a roomate 8-10 times..she loves it...so up to u
Masturbation is completely healthy, in private or with someone you are being intimate with.  Hell my boyfriend does it twice a day and we have sex a couple times a week.  He's not worried.
As long as you're not avoiding friends, school, or work in order to stay home and masturbate, whatever frequency you'd like is fine. Masturbation has no harmful effects. In fact, it's GOOD for you - it relaxes you, teaches you about your body and sexuality, and may help reduce the possibility of prostate cancer. Think about it. Your body has no idea what produced that orgasm, whether it was your hand, a vagina, anus, mouth... it's irrelevant.
dude yu  can schwack as much as yu want..it does make the body week though..just make sure yu eat good and take energy drinks
Hey guy - every comment people have posted so far is correct. I am in my 40's now, and have a perfect health. At your age, I masturbated about every day. Once you find a steady girlfriend, the need/desire will decrease, but you will probably want to do it every once-in-a-while, and that too is normal. I was married for a while, so I didn't have the desire to do it, nor the energy quite honestly, and now that I am divorced/single I probably do that once a week... if I think about it... as you grow, your needs change... your whole body chimestry changes... So in a nutshell, follow for your instincts, realx and enjoy your sexual life...
musturbation is a Big sin...
i used to musturbate when i was a kid...the first ejaculate happend when i was 11....
i used to do it about 6-5 tames a week somtimes 2 in a day....
now im 16 and its about 1 year that i have quited it.....