Men's Health Community
what sypmtoms to expect after hernia surgery?

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I had inguinal hernia surgery May14 so it's been 9 days and for the most part all seems well. However there is a sometimes burning sensastion on the upper left side of scrotum. Had the Doc check it out today and said that's normal. First day without pain killers. After reading some of the posts in the health topics forum I must say I'm a little nervous about what to expect for a long term outcome. I had a hydrocele operated on when I was 20 on right side. That's fine as far as I know but I can only hope this surgery is as successful. In neither case was there pain before the surgery yet surgery was eventually necessary. How long before the burning feeling goes away?
Avatar n tn
i had hernia surgery in january,
did you have keyhole or open surgery?
i have had two hernia's one three years ago and the other this year, if i had it all over again i would have got a double done the first time, first one was keyhole second was open.
the second one was pretty full on, it was open surgery, the pain i had in my testicles lasted a few weeks, and my penis was bruised which was normal too, going to the toilet was the hardest for a few weeks, and it took me 3 months fully to get over it, my first one only took about 4 weeks to get over, give it time mate, and look up the post op stuff on hernias, lots of things happen and its all pretty normal,  i don't care what anyone says hernias are a nasty thing to get fixed, i mean once they are fixed its all good, but bloody painfull post op, you will also feel a pulling sensation for a few months, but this is normal too...

hope this helps buddy
It was open surgery. The surgeon said he did 5 or 6 a week. The scar's neat but a good 3" long. Bruising of Mr. Happy puts a frown on him but he's cheered up since the 14th. The toilet situation sucked for 5 or 6 days but has gotten better. Some testicular pain but that and the pulling feeling are gradually gettiing better. When I pull a little on pubic hairs on left side it's numb but doesn't tingle. Doc said that's normal. Your dead on about it being a painless post op. But the pain has morphed into more of a soreness and the new mesh and cylinder feel like their in place. Even sneezing seems O.K. but I still need to be careful.
Avatar n tn
lucky you, i couldn't laugh, cough, sneeze, cry or anything for at leat 3 weeks, i had numbness pretty bad even down my leg with my pre op, and post op it was there for a while but have the feeling back now...

nasty none the less, i have had two now and hopefully no more...
KeeLolo commented on photo
1 hr ago
wholesalepharma joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 24
opus88 commented on photo
Sep 23
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle