Mesothelioma Community
Benign pelvic mesothelioma

WELCOME TO THE MESOTHELIOMA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Malignant Mesothelioma, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Benign pelvic mesothelioma

Hello
I am 35(f)  and have benign pelvic mesothelioma,  I understand this is a rare condition and would be interested to hear from anybody else that may have this condition.

I have had two laparotomys but the disease has came back roughly four weeks later after both operations.

I am 49(f) and was diagnosed in 2000 with multicystic benign mesothelioma of the peritoneum. I have had 7 major surgeries related to disease. You are the first person I have encountered with this. I have been searching & researching  for years. Apparently it is very rare. Glad to share any information and or experiences if you'd like.
I'm really sorry to heard about your condition, however You may have a legal claim for it. You can contact ***@**** or ***@**** , am pretty sure they can help you ,as they did with my grandfather. Hope this info will help you out.
hi. what symptoms do you get with multicystic benign mesothelioma. Im really worried about a relative.
symptoms vary. usually it's abdominal distention, pain, and extreme discomfort  when pressure applied to abdomen. I've had as many as 20 tumors in abdomen at one time. my pain usually starts in one area where a tumor attaches to my colon. I've had to have it re-sectioned numerous times. also, loss of appetite & nausea are present. the best advice is for your relative to see a doctor and get a ct scan. I hope this helps.
only just seen your reply...many thanks.
My son was 4 when he was diagnosed with benign cystic mesothelioma. He had 75 percent of the cists removed but they left the rest. Does anybody  know how this occur and what lies ahead?