Methadone Community User Group
Methadone to get off Hydrocodone?
About This Group:

Those who have pain and have to live with it daily. No matter what reason you are on methadone for your welcome here. A place where others can talk and feel they are not alone.

Founded by Holliee on September 25, 2009
125 members

Methadone to get off Hydrocodone?

Hi I am new to Medhelp so if I double posted I am sorry. Anyway I am preg and was addicted to hydrocodone 10 mg 3X a day. I wanted to just stop cold turkey but was unable to cause of the WD and being preg. I went to a Dr w/my OB's advice to get on Suboxone,but he wouldn't cause he said Methadone is what is used while preg as it is safe? He started me on 10 mg 3X day which is WAY to strong so I am now trying 5mg 2X a day. Anyway, it seems this Methadone is much stronger than the hydro's were and that its addicting to. What is the point? Why wouldn't I just stay on the hydro's and taper down? I feel like I am getting nowhere. I understand they can't just take me off CT being preg as it is not safe, but why switch to Methadone? Why not just taper off the hydro's? Is Methadone really safer cause I know a lot of preg women who have taken hydro prescribed by a DR while preg. I am just sooooooooooooooo confused.
i think that methadone should not ever be used for getting off vicadon, esp on the low dose that you were taking. methadone is waaaaaay stronger of an opiate then vicadon. it is waaaaaaaaaay harder to get off methadone then vic's. you are hardly taking any vic anyways! 10mg three times a day?? i could take that much at one time, multply times a day! it would be sooooooooo easy to taper off what you were doing then to taper of that much methadone...i cant believe the doc even started you that high to begin with. i was snorthing 340mg of oxycotin a day and the methadone clinic im going to started me at 15mg once a day!!!! i moved up to 40mg.....methadone is NOT safer then vidadon at all. you would be better off getting off that methadone now!!! methadone is going to be a way bigger problem then three vic a day.....
i agree with rhifallon!!
Is this working?
I am right now off methadone and hydrocodone as I have taken both off and on the past 8 years... I tapered from 15mg of methadone quickly to 5mg then 2 days later stopped taking any methadone and have not taken hydrocodone for month...methadone for 6 days... And I'm having mood swings and stress off and on serious bipolar feelings. Plan is no more period but my wife keeps telling me to go back to clinic....
UnknownWorld joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 19
amyk9767 joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 03
officehours joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 08