Migraines & Headaches Community
15 teen help!!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

15 teen help!!!!

My daughter is fifteen. She is in need of help. Her symptomns include lightheadedness, vertigo, visual disturbances (shadows), tingling in her legs, facial pain, pina and needles in her arms, headache (dull, pulsing, left side, but spreads to both sides), sensitivity to light, sound, and smells. She also has been having what she calls blackouts. She gets disoriented and confused afterwards. During these events it is just like she is in another universe. I am really worried for her. As a teenager who wants to have her freedom but as a girl who is in so much pain. Her EEG was clean, normal background if that means anything. Her MRI was normal. No head trauma. Please help us!!! Her current diagnosis is atypical migraines, but I am leaning towards basilar artery migraines. Please!!!

Hi...do u have copies of her MRI? and the report? If not get copies of both and get a 2nd opinion....

Ur DD is having an issue, and something may have been over looked or not considered pertinent...so have they reviewed by another Dr just to make sure.
Has anyone looked into gluten or casein (dairy) , Celiacs Disease affects all systems in the body and not just digestive. (Some people with Celiacs can't have both gluten and casein, while others it is just gluten.

I hope this helps,
achilles2

Yes, we actually did look into digestive issues. She had stomach pains for a while too. All the tests are negative though. Thanks anyway!!
You might want to look into endometriosis it is a mulit-system disease.
https://www.vitalhealth.com/blog/endometriosis/what-it-really-means-to-have-endometriosis/

Eventhough her tests were negative does not mean much because the test are not that sensitive. You could try a gluten free diet for ten days to two weeks and then eat a lot of gluten the day after to see how she feels in comparison. This was how I was diagnosed with Celiacs. I have talked to a lot of doctors and they said if you feel better on a gluten free diet it does not matter how the tests turns out, you are gluten intolerant.
Also can you get to a good a chiropractor? The headaches and such could be coming from her neck? Also has anyone done a MRI of her neck?