Migraines & Headaches Community
24/7 headache very worried

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

24/7 headache very worried

Hi I havent posted anything before, but Im an 18 yr old girl from australia.
For the last 12 months or so I have been suffering headaches. the headache is toward the back of my head mainly and it is generally not severe about a 2 on the pain scale or so so I try to ignore it.
I cant remember if I have had any absolute headache free periods during this time,but for the last few months it seems to be there all the time, even it is isnt heaps severe.
I finally got to see my gp after nagging my mum for ages.
I kind of feel like my doctor just dismissed it because she just felt my neck and said it feels tense and that she thinks its from my neck.
But I dont seem to have any neck issues or anything, and the headache is 24/7??

Im just heaps worried after reading all the types of headaches on the net that it is something like that new daily persistent headache and that I will have this headache forever, and seeing as im so young, thats a lot of years to put up with a headache...
I just kind of want some reassurance or advice on stuff I can to do to help myself I guess..
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The headache that you have is mostly coming at the base of the skull.It could be muscle spasms, tension headache or occipital neuralgia.Please consult a neurophysician to get a CT scan and MRI done to rule out any pathology.Hope this helps you. Take care !
Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
Might sound kinda like a dumb question for a 17 year old to be asking but in all likelyhood could this be a tumor and how high are my chances?
I'm still new to the neurology world, so I don't know the answer to your question.  But, I do know that if you have any kind of chronic headache that you should check into it.  I don't think you were asking a dumb question.  Even little kids can get some terrible and fierce headaches.
hi i am also from Australia. Ihave this problem also. Have you solved yours yet?

hope to hear from you soon
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to check with your doctor? Tumor headaches present wit progressive pain that worsens, projectile vomiting, possible visual disturbances speech or personality changes, problems with equilibrium, gait, or coordination, and even seizures. This is extremely rare condition and the chances of you having it is not high with only headache presentation. Diagnostic imaging will help rule this out. Take care and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Chronic daily headaches refer to a broad range of headache disorders. These typically evolve from transformed migraine or from episodic tension-type headache. This can also be associated with medication overuse. It is important that this be assesses for proper management. This will be based on diagnosis of headache, how long they last, and the possible triggers also. Have this evaluated by your doctor. Take care and regards.
Hi there,
I am from HK and 30yrs, I am having the back headache for the last 2-3 months now, it is not too painful, but it is painful enough to wake me up in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep which makes me very tired all the time.

I don't smoke or drink , eat healthy-ish, drink plenty of water, do regular exercises (jogging, gym, hiking, tennis), not having very stressful work.

I have seen two different GPs for a few times, some "muscle relaxer" helped but most of the pain killers doesn't help / much.

I just went to the Neurology and being told to do the MRI (MRA) in two days time.

Like to know is there any suggestions / who had the experience that actually reduce/get ride of the headache. I just want to SLEEP!!!

thanks.
J.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? In order to have the proper treatment, the proper diagnosis must also be reached. Your complete medical history, direct neurological examination and diagnostic tests are important for proper evaluation. If the pain medications are not helping, a stronger kind may be indicated. Talk to your doctor about this for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted with the result of the MRI. Best regards.