Migraines & Headaches Community
4 Day Headache
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4 Day Headache

For the last 4 days i have been getting bad headaches in the afternoon. The pain is focused behind my right eye and right side of my skull which is sore to touch. I have been drinking plenty of fluids and getting good sleep and taking paracetamol which seems to make no difference. The headaches last around on hour or two but even after the pain has gone i can still feel what seems like pressure behind my right eye. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Related Discussions
Hi

There can be several causes for headaches like eye strain, withdrawal from caffeine; migraine, tension headaches and cluster headaches (known as primary headaches as they are not associated with any other diseases), as well as secondary headaches due to some associated disease. Some causes for secondary headaches may be high blood pressure, brain tumors, strokes, meningitis etc.
The exact diagnosis would depend on a detailed history with respect to the exact site, duration, time of the day, intensity, any associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting, visual loss, any neurological symptoms along with your past medical history.

You should consult a doctor for proper diagnosis if the headache is bothering you. Various tests such as blood tests, CT scan, MRI or lumbar puncture are usually necessary to establish a diagnosis.

Take care!

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank