Migraines & Headaches Community
A painful knot on the left side of my head
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A painful knot on the left side of my head

I woke up this morning with a headache. I get headaches and migraines often. Today I was feeling pain in my shoulder and neck area. I was showering and when i reached back to wash my hair i felt a tender area on my head. I started feeling around on my scalp and the tender area led to a pretty large sized hard bump on the left side of my head in the lower area above my neck. It is sore and it is causing the left side of my head to hurt. I have never experienced anything like it before. The actual hard bump doesn't hurt to touch but the area surrounding it is tender. My head hurts and the area thats tender is pulsating with pain.  I am not sure what to do. I have no insurance so anytime things like this happen i have to go to the ER. What is your suggestions? Anyone...