Migraines & Headaches Community
AVM/Aneurysm/Left Superior Quadrantanopia

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Had 25cm2 AVM emcompassing a total area of 33cm2.  Gamma Knife Surgery 1995 - 16shots of cobalt 60.  Gamma Knife Surgery 2004 AVM 2cm2 and received 2 shots of cobalt 60 radiation.  2010 cerebral angiogram showed AVM obliterated, but now have 2-3mm anuerysm on branch off of right vertibral artery.  AVM was located in right occipital lobe which is where aneurysm is now.  10/07/12 had lights in left side of left eye for 20 - 30mins with mild HA.  Woke 10/08/12 and had vision loss to left side of left eye with unreal amounts of lights/distortion etc...  and the sharpest/worst HA I have ever had to right-side back of head.  I was told aneurysm was inoperable etc... but vision didn't come back etc and HA didn't fade even with lortab.  Went to ER 10/10/12 and CT showed 5-6mm aneurysm, but MRI/MRA showed no aneurysm.  Sent me to opthomologist 10/11/12 and he said i have Left Superior Quadrantanopia to both eyes.  He tried to get me to see neurologist as an emergency the next day, but couldn't. Finally saw a neurologist 10/29/12 and as soon as she heard I have been taking lortab for 6-7yrs for HA shes convinced its a rebound HA from lortab, and my vision is fine even though she didn't have opthomologists report. And of course I need an angiogram.  I am a 35yr old male and currently have no insurance.  She did do one test with a finger to bother sides of periphial vision and i told her i could tell she had a finger, but it was weird.  She dismissed it and says my vision is fine.  I feel like I am in a waking nightmare because of how weird everything is.  Plus I have had rebound HA's and know what they are, and they don't last over 3 weeks and cause me to lose my vision!  I know there are a lot of addicts and it causes HCP's to be very skeptical, but OMG get past it and figure out, or try to explain what could be happening.  Anyway apparently my right vertebral artery is HUGE cause of the radiation obliterating the AVM.  My questions are...  Could I have had a stroke like 10/07/12 evening and it not show 10/10/12 afternoon on the CT/MRI.  Could the Cobalt 60 which they told me would cause brain damage somehow have caused this.  Could the aneurysm  doubling have caused this.  Could the right vertebral artery being so large have caused this, as well as almost a mil-moderate constant HA since shortly after my first gamma knife surgery in 1995?  I doubt anyone has any ideas due to the complexity of this, but I am desperate for answers!!!!  Any understanding would be appreciated!!!!   TYVM