Migraines & Headaches Community
Abnormal MRIs ( 4 of them )

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Abnormal MRIs ( 4 of them )

I have had 4 abnormal MRIs. They found white spots or lesions in my brain.They thought i had MS. I also had a lumbar puncture, evoked potential,and a full neck and spine MRI which all came back negative for lesions and MS. Thats what I was told by my neurologist. I do also have  Migraines, high blood pressure, Diabetes type 2 , Hypothyroidism, Fibromyalgia, and severe feet pain, and probably some nuropathy in my legs and feet. I have lots of memory loss, short term specially. I have trouble making everyday simple decisions, my speech is affected. I am fatigued constantly, tired all the time, and am afraid to go out alone. I have fallen down a couple times, but not recently. My quality of life is not good for being only 47 yrs. old. I have been told that some of the lesions or white spots have gone and some new ones have come. And I have been told that the spots are still there too. I have also been told that I do not have any autoimmune diseases. I feel like i am going crazy! What could possible be worng with me? Could I still have MS? Or maybe something else? I have had so many tests done and no one seems to know what wrong with me! Can you help me???
Hi, I am new to this site.  How long have you been having migraines.  Do you have a family history or migraines.  I have migraine with aura and have a family history of it.  Our family also has white matter on our brain.  I am not a doctor but our diagnosis is called CADASIL.  Who is your neurologist and where are you from, maybe I can help you!
Hi Carla, I am new to this site too. I have been having migraines for many, many years. Since I can remember when. My Dad also suffered from severe migraines. And he died when I was 17 yrs. old from a brain anurism. But he was also an alchoholic.I think migraines run on my Dads side of the family. I know high blood pressure does, I have that too. Sometimes I get migrainies that last for days and days. And sometimes I  have to go to the hospital or the doctor to get rid of them. I take Topamx for them too. And that seems to help allot. But there are allot of side affects with that medication too. I am from New Mexico, the desert southwest. And my neurologist wants me to go to this hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico, that is a teaching hospital, where there is a team of doctors that can do further testing and exploring on me I guess. Some scientist he says. I have has so many tests done. I am tired, know what I mean. My neurologist says he doesnt know why the white spots are there. But he thinks they are caused from my diabetes and high blood pressure.
Hi, I just found you response, did any of the doctors ever mention the word Cadasil, look up this disease on the internet and tell the doctor of this disease, i am sure he never heard of it.  Let me know what you think
I have migraines with aura also and two MRI's say scattered punctate foci, probably tiny ischemic lesions. I will look up cadasil.