Aspartame and Migrains
Just wanted to get the word out as a former 4-5 migrain a week person down to about four a month. The only thing I did different, make sure that I never have anything that contains aspartame(Equal). Its been about 5 years now and I can tell you that it has changed my life. If I accidentally have even a small amount of aspartame I get an intense migrain within minutes. Anyone else have a similar problem with aspartame?
Hello Dear,
90% of all migraines are caused by allergic reactions to food or food additives. Aspartame is the most common food additive related to migraines. Also 10% of all migraines are related to aspartame consumption.You should avoid diet drinks and sweetning agents.
For more information refer http://www.migrainewatch.info/migraine-trigger/aspartame-has-been-linked-to-migraines/
Best
Hi Darfox

My little girl was diagnosed with abdominal migraine, she was suffering sever pain every other day. Aspartame was the first thing I cut out of her diet in order to find her triggers. She has not had a sever pain for three months now and within two days her low grade constant pain disappeared. She has made one or two mistake with juice at school only to have her low grade pain return. We have since remove all artificial sweetners form our diet and all feel a lot better for it.
How are you? It is good that you have identified aspartame as the trigger for your headaches. This really will help other migraine sufferers and members of the forum with preventing recurrent attacks. Take care and warm regards.