Bad Migraines
Hi, I have been having terrible headaches lately when I exert myself. I get these headaches when I lift weights, slalom water ski, when i bend over and the blood rushes to my head or when i stand up too quickly. These headaches are terrible and i have to stop and sit down. The pain is usually in the back of my head and sometimes in the very front of my head. I have spoken to the doctor and he recommended me to the neurologist. Before i go to him i was just gonna see if i could get some opinions. Thanks.
How are you? Exertion headaches present with generalized head pain of short duration during or following physical exertion  like running, jumping, or sexual intercourse. This can also happen with passive exertion such as sneezing, coughing, or moving the bowels. Majority of these are related to migraine or cluster headaches. However, 10% can be caused by organic diseases like aneurysms, tumors, or blood vessel malformation. Have this checked by your neurologist for proper evaluation. Try to avoid jarring exercises or the triggers. Take care and do keep us posted.